Forum › Posts by aletto

joined Jan 30, 2013

I think it would've been better to ask the OP or even Nez to edit it. It's unlikely people will scroll past the first post and I feel like yours detracts from their work a bit.

joined Jan 30, 2013

So why was your post necessary? The OP did all that already.

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 9:44PM

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

Why does everyone hate Dynasty Scans? Is it because you guys never finish anything and take forever to update? It's ok, I still love you guys! Without you, this wonderful site would never have been created. So thank you for your hard work, and I hope you all take care.

Have you talked to some of the staff?
I'm sure the description isn't meant seriously.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh my god this is brilliant.

aletto
New Game discussion 23 Jun 17:27
joined Jan 30, 2013

Rin is so gay for Kou though.

aletto
EGOIST discussion 12 Jun 20:39
joined Jan 30, 2013

More NanoFate. I am pleased.

aletto
A-Channel discussion 12 Jun 19:45
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm starting to think a groping tag may be necessary.

joined Jan 30, 2013

EDIT: for movies:

D.E.B.S.
^ it's a cheesy spy movie.

D.E.B.S. was awesome!

Oh, and a weirdly fun little "horror" movie that just ends up being really nifty instead I watched a while ago called Memento Mori would be worth looking up. Worth it for the amazing design of the exchange diary the girls keep/kept and the wonderfully surreal ending.

I didn't like D.E.B.S.. I know it isn't meant to be classic for the centuries, but it was a bit too silly and unprofessional at times. The only saving grace was Jordana Brewster, really.

aletto
Looking for good yuri 08 Jun 07:59
joined Jan 30, 2013

Nevri

Ah that is easy, Fluttering Feelings, and nothing but Fluttering Feelings. That matches all the things you want.

Hello everyone.

I'm kinda starting to get sick of trying to find stories that I actually want to read. If anyone can recommend me a yuri that:

1. Shows couple's life. I don't mind if they don't start as a couple, but I wish to read something that shows how their are doing after getting together.
  2. Is overall focused on slice of life/comedy. I don't mind angst or drama, as long as it's not next forced to break up/love triangle driven drama. I'm tired of those boring cliche. I want to see some real problems.

Mangas off the top of my head, that would be a good examples of what I'm looking for:
Octave
Hanjuku Joshi

It really doesn't.

edit: ninja'd
edit2: and now that post is gone. Am I hallucinating?

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 8:01AM

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

I keep spotting minor grammar and spelling mistakes in this group's scanlations i.e. "Aren't your face too red".
Now I'm pretty sure at least part of the staff is American so either I'm wrong about this or they're being sloppy. Can someone help me out?

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

I didn't mean to suggest adding the Akagi x Zuikaku tag, I misclicked.

aletto
Carmilla season 2 06 Jun 20:52
joined Jan 30, 2013

Totally is.

joined Jan 30, 2013

My understanding is that the cbr file is merely an archive containing standard image formats i.e. jpg.
So it's probably the app's fault.

aletto
Carmilla season 2 06 Jun 20:16
joined Jan 30, 2013

It's a novella. Reading it might even take less time than watching the adaption.
Oh and if you can wait for scanlations, then the wait for Carmilla is nothing.

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 8:24PM

aletto
Carmilla season 2 06 Jun 19:08
joined Jan 30, 2013

36 episodes, 2-7 minutes each.
It's pretty decent by normal standards, really good for a web series but I'd still recommend the book over it.

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

How in the world did I miss this until now

joined Jan 30, 2013

I gotta be perfectly honest, there's a lot in the story that confused me, especially at the beginning. Not going into too much detail, but even by the end of the story I don't know who the people she meets every day are, little if anything about the setting, and not that much about the two girls either. The verbal fencing between them was nice, and the bits at the arcade and apartment flowed pretty well although there were times they seemed to do things unexpectedly.

I didn't have a problem with any of that. I'm not sure if the setting matters all that much, especially considering how it isn't quite a "normal" reality. I expected the train to have a bigger role, but it ended up being just a normal train (which is fine).
The way I see and understand it, there were two girls in a strange world who met on a train, went on a date and discovered they like each other. More information about other characters wouldn't really serve a purpose nor would it be necessary.
The character dynamics were good, the bantering was nice, so if your intention was to built the characters from interactions, you've succeeded. Honestly, I didn't even feel that the names were necessary.

Can't really say much about the art except it looks distinctive and I like your use of blacks

I agree with what flips said. There were some minor spelling and grammatical errors, but I forgot to make notes. May edit this once I re-read.

Bottom line, I liked it and congrats on your first oneshot.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 1:03AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Do try to not stare at the thumbnails too much, spoiler's kind of a bitch o_o XD Imgur is the only host with a reader style album that i found which worked nicely

You know, I've heard dynasty is a pretty good reader.
On the actual subject, I haven't had the opportunity to read it yet, will report once I do. Can I also request autographs before you get famous?

aletto
Nekoroma discussion 02 Jun 13:42
joined Jan 30, 2013

Feels more like a Wildrose story.

aletto
Forum Rules 31 May 02:26
joined Jan 30, 2013

Top right corner, click on your username then select Upload Request. Suggestion for improvement: Add a sentence or two concerning pictures.

aletto
LOVE/DEATH discussion 25 May 18:48
joined Jan 30, 2013

This is actually the first chapter where I feel a character has actually acted like a Yandere. Up until now it's been a pretty normal yuri couple who communicates via over-the-top violence, but this one....crosses that line a bit I think into unhealthy possessiveness.

Here's hoping the story will pull back a bit in the next one.

What, because this is the first time they've actually succeeded in (physically) hurting each other? It sure as hell wasn't for lack of trying.

aletto
Philosophia discussion 24 May 22:29
joined Jan 30, 2013

Where did chapter 5 and 6 go?

joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm surprised no one made a topic about this (perhaps because it isn't related to Japan?) which is why it's a little bit late but I figured this was important. Note that Ireland was/is very much catholic even though the church had to deal with some extremely ugly scandals in the past, i.e. widespread cases of sexual abuse of children.
I know this will have impact on European politics, but it remains to be seen if other countries will follow suit.

last edited at May 24, 2015 1:54PM

aletto
Forum Rules 24 May 12:51
joined Jan 30, 2013

Out of curiosity, what happened to Nasteh Fish?

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

Is it just me or does Kasumi kinda look like Akko?