Forum › Posts by valence

valence
Cross Fire discussion 29 Dec 16:02
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I love this kind of edgy bullshit. Anyone have anything similar?

I mean, if you want a yuri series with gore, sex, and comedy that's actually well written, then read Murcielago.

Wow, you like Murciélago? insane

I might be severely desensitized, but this felt like nothing to me. I'm 99% sure I've read far worse on this site.

this story isn’t so much depressing is it is just bullshit. I guess it gets the tag because it at least tries to be depressing :P

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Yeap, completely predictable and plain.

reads it anyway

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Was I the only one sure the sister would be a yuri otaku and coincidentally a fan of her sister mangaka? I swear, these stories get extremely predictable every day, I'm not expecting to see some avant-garde unique story when I read a title like that, but anyway it throws me off that these new mangas are so repetitive. Or perhaps it's just my depression talking.

Oh no, that was extremely predictable, I think this manga is only remarkable in just how derivative it manages to be lol. This first chapter especially is the most generic thing in the universe, beïng just setup (so it might get better but I’m not expecting it to). That said I’m still here for it.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Called it :v

I would like to echo Panda’s sentiment. I think the unfortunate thing is that there could have been a really interesting and productive discussion about the topic since those lines are definitely worth analysing, but it was derailed by a single user (and later by two others) making repeated straw man and sealioning arguments — and now we have a precedent for not beïng able to discuss trans issues on Dynasty without angry people showing up searching to inject their general disdain towards trans people in the discussion.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

some cute stuff owo
even though some words did sting abit as a transbian

You know, I didn't even think about that when reading it, but now that I do, I totally see what you mean.

I guess one way to look at it is that these are the words that these characters needed to hear, not some broad truth for everyone. Makes me wonder if the author ever thought about transwomen though.

Which story are you two referring to? I think I understand which one it is, but I want to be fully certain before replying in full.

Well, I can’t speak for the original poster but there were two main things that definitely stuck out to me on first reading:

• The “I don’t have a dick!” justification on pg104. Just a small thing but doesn’t have the best implications if you think it through.
  • “no boys allowed” on pg114 — it does make more sense in context, but it definitely still stirs some amount of discomfort in me due to the closet trans effect

But don’t get me wrong, I still love this story. It just has a bit more background radiation than usual.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 3:40PM

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

main couple has the same hair colour? what is this, I thought I was reading manga!!

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

page 10 of the manga, depicting Tsukasa reacting to having a cold for a month

okay is this like a documented thing that happens? Because I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere before other than here (I spent a while looking as well), but it is literally exactly what happened to me at some point. Surely there must be something on the internet about this?

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

woah cool senpai, this manga has grown on me

Absolutely yeah, it’s improved so much since the opening since it’s had time to give actual depth to the their personalities beyond the gag

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I CRIED WHEN I SAW THIS CHAPTER ON THE FRONT PAGE AND NOW I’M CRYING EVEN HARDER T_T

this series was just amazing. shiori is an absolute goddess. Such a beautiful name. this was just absolutely sublime.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Heh, the premise of this reminds me of an argument I had a while back with someone who thinks relationships between step siblings are wrong regardless of the context around the relationship. This premise was basically a "what if" example I came up with and they still considered it wrong.

“Incest” is a pretty fuzzily defined term, it’s interesting how different people have totally different interpretations of it — personally I would only say step siblings counts as incest if they’ve been living together since a young age. On the converse this also means I would also count many things other people wouldn’t as incest, such as Catra x Adora (since they share parental figures and lived together from a young age).

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

God this series is just so beautiful and perfect, it’s making me cry so much. These later chapters remind me a lot of the album Sunbather — melancholy but uplifting.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I believe manga sales would spike if Nagata Kabi (author of “My Lesbian experience with loneliness”) contributed to the next chapter with herself in it as a background character. I think it would be hilarious if that happened. Adds a little bit of meta and realism to the manga. Just a little bit of crossover would be nice… even dialogue, between characters in passing, referring to Kabi would be great.

I agree it adds realism, but I really don’t think it fits with the tone of this manga at all — it’d just be really jarring. And the sex scenes in My Private Report are not even meant to be hot like in this manga, it just doesn’t really work I don’t think.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

well this manga went completely off the rails in one chapter

not what I expected but… I do want to see how it plays out

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Loving this character description. No words, only ramen

The character description of Matsu Nojiko, depicting her thinking about ramen with no description words under her name (unlike the other characters which have descriptions)

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I just noticed that Evil Yvonne in the dream has the same eyes as Elsa. I wonder if that's supposed to mean something?

It’s also similar to Dahlia’s demon form. Potentially it could, but it could also just be to differentiate the characters and it could go multiple ways anyway.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

This feels like a Futaribeya AU where the two meet much later in life, but still end up living in one room together eventually.

That is incredibly accurate actually. It looks like it even predates Futaribeya though — it’s ealier in the anthology than the pilot.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Off the top of my head Scummy Gap Student might count toward that. Such a story would have to be quite focused on the competition aspects.

valence
A Cute Guy discussion 30 Aug 16:10
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

YESS, it has returned to dynasty. I’m just waiting for the egg to crack.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

It will be a sad day when this series ends. It will always hold a special place in my heart as one of the first series I ever read on Dynasty.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Well that was a rollercoaster at least.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I worry that with all her screaming they’ll eventually get found out. Tbf it’s quite likely they’ll introduce an eavesdropping character later on, that would be entertaining.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Moderate amounts of animals

valence
Garun discussion 28 Aug 05:33
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Add the Wholesome tag?

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Just like the other couple I always confuse this one with, so adorably useless.

Yesss, I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets these confused lol. Both excellent series though.