Forum › Posts by Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Oh I really like this. Feels like a really grounded look at the different forms relationships can take - the main characters clearly care more about each other than they do about anyone else and they want to build a family together, but their feelings for each other aren't really romantic as such and when they try to force their feelings into that mold it doesn't work. I'm glad that the story is content to let that be their happy ending together; I like discovering-romantic-feelings-for-my-long-term-female-friend romance as much as the next girl, but it's really nice to have this kind of queerplatonic story too.

Wiwaxia
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Oh this is incredible. Very sweet romance and I always like seeing bugs get the appreciation they deserve.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

literally or sexually?

Literally. Look at Yuri's earlobe at the very start of the chapter, before the flashback.

This story really is the perfect mix of beautiful, sad, intimate, and slightly fucked-up. And the art is gorgeous.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Oof, I'm gonna miss this one.

Wiwaxia
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021
Koyomania-1497766864239448065-img2

Very glad to finally have some MKR yuri here, and this is an incredible piece to start off with.
Fuu and Umi's hands...

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

A newhu and fuel for the terumoko fire! A+ chapter

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

On the subject, there is the webtoon "I want to be a cute anime girl", I am not up to date with it, but it's a pretty cute comic about a boy that after being dressed up by his sister realizes that he actually wants to be a girl, and slowly goes by how that changes her lífe. And on the Yuri front she has a crush on another girl, which I imagine gets reciprocrated eventually.

Oh hey, I was friends with the author of that in college, though we've since drifted apart. Small world.

Wiwaxia
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021
96249606_p0

^ Shinmyoumaru-eye view, really.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Here we goooooooo!!!

Wiwaxia
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021
Marceline2174-1487763392467456004-img1

^ There's also her old Homestuck fanfic (under the name urbanAnchorite) although it's been ages since I read it so I can't say how it holds up.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Sempai: Oh, do you have an opening for a housewife?
Nao: well no, but actually yes.

Wiwaxia
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Well shit.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

But man, popcorn with soysauce? Seems like a bad idea. Im more the butter and a bit of sweetness type.

It's actually not bad, it's not wet and soggy so the saltiness is like salt. In my circles we use brewer's yeast, which is even further away from the traditional salt and butter.

Brewer's yeast, a bit of soy sauce, and shredded cheese is absolutely the objectively correct way to eat popcorn.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Always nice to see more Narumi!

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

wow so unless this is a fake-out which is likely, the prez really would just kill a teacher who has done nothing wrong even by his own bullshit philosophy just to scheme around Satsuki.

I'm thinking fake-out as well, it seems out of character with the prez's expressed philosophy. But why not help her if he has a better idea of what's going to kill the teacher and has no reason to want him dead? Perhaps someone else is going to kill the teacher and the prez is hoping to pressure Satsuki into being willing to kill in immediate defense of another when time runs out to stop the murder any other way?

Wiwaxia
Image Comments 20 Jan 13:42
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021
63319600_p0

^ Dunno what you're talking about, it sure looks like she came to eat something of Alice's.

Wiwaxia
Image Comments 18 Jan 12:16
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021
Domoookamidesu-1481373861329334274-img1

Tying someone up with your own leash is an incredible power move.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

The title sure wasn't kidding!

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

They're the unnamed characters depicted on the label and jacket of the Dolls in Psuedo Paradise CD (hence the names). They're generally assumed to be the shrine maiden and the girl of the "eight honest people" from the Dolls in Psuedo Paradise story, respectively, but I don't think that's confirmed or anything.

Here's what touhouwiki has to say about them (very little): https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Minor_Characters#Unnamed_girl_on_DiPP_CD_disk_label

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Ahhhhhh, this is the good t4t shit.

Wiwaxia
Image Comments 02 Jan 00:52
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021
94617067_p0

Some sharks will enter a trance-like state of temporary paralysis when flipped over, called tonic immobility. There's some evidence of orcas deliberately inducing tonic immobility in sharks so they can eat them without resistance, as seems to be happening here.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

On the one hand, I want only the best for Rei and Claire.

On the other hand, * whistles the Internationale ​*

last edited at Jan 1, 2022 11:59PM

Wiwaxia
Pink Ribbon discussion 29 Dec 02:07
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Ahhhhhh, this is so cute and the faces are so wonderfully expressive. Definitely one I'll keep coming back to.

Wiwaxia
Lily System discussion 28 Dec 22:51
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Well what do you know, a kiss does wake up the princess.

We know it's doing something, no telling yet what exactly it'll end up doing.

A kiss does not wake up the princess, but it does disintegrate her clothes in her dream, apparently.

Wiwaxia
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Ahhh, this was really cute. It would have been nice to get a bit more development of our leads' relationship at the end, but it certainly doesn't feel like a "just friends" ending. More like a "pre-relationship" ending at least, if not "useless lesbians are dating and just haven't realized it yet".

It's a pity it got discontinued before it really got a chance to explore the "swapping is caused by desire" theme more, that has a lot of really interesting character writing potential, even for a gag series. Hell, even from what we do have, if you look over the previous chapters with the understanding that swapping is caused by desire, you can see all three of our pairs of swappers go from envious desire for (parts of) each other's lives to a shared desire to build a life together (Haruko outright says her vision of the future has Natsuko in it! it's played as a joke but that's still significant). I think the arc of them losing the ability to swap and then getting it back again could have been really interesting from that perspective if it had a few more chapters to breathe, but as it is it felt pretty rushed and pointless.

Also cool to see a chronically ill character, especially with the acknowledgement that just because someone can get out of bed some days doesn't mean they can every day. I went ahead and suggested the disability tag for chapters 9 and 19, where Akiho's chronic illness is in narrative focus. Not sure if it's worth adding for the other chapters where we see her body or not.

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 6:21PM