Forum › Posts by welease.wodger

joined Oct 2, 2021

Hurray for love confessions!

Too bad that also confirms there won't be a triad.

Don't give up on the poly yet. Still praying to Brigham Young to make it so

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Itou Hachi & Kasuga Sunao probably best friends

Both serving time and sharing a cell

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

"That's a powerful bare fist I almost pissed myself"

That's it! Fujiyama has just become my new favourite , alongside Prez and Pochi

last edited at Jan 9, 2024 8:20AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Sia said it best
iiiiii want to hang
from a chandelier
Chandelier

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Mari is gonna offer Furuka some type of clam dish. A HOLE lotta clam

joined Oct 2, 2021

Can't wait for the hentai extra chapter

joined Oct 2, 2021

Also Saint Shou, trading her desserts for someone's "spicy" tacos.

Umi's dreaming of trying Shous spicy tacos (⁠◔⁠‿⁠◔⁠)

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

The best author in the two-volume-roguelike business has returned! Akiyama Haru hits the ground running (over women; I'm sorry women) with this one, and her characterization of the big shitty city as a sort of infinite concrete digestive tract that eternally melts and churns and squeezes people together and apart continues to be on point (its like if Prometheus had to pay electricity bills and rent for that stupid mountain). The only permanence in Akiyama's settings lies in transience- fidelity, employment, dreams, homes, moralities and stories themselves seem as prone to slip through your fingers (I'm sorry women) as the air itself, and the only joy lies in the hope that your fiftieth roll only the obligatory trauma gacha shall net you an SSR kinda dame who'll traumatize you in a kinky or beautifully tragic sort of way instead of just telling you to close your eyes and think of Sunday.

Coincidence is a key concern in this piece (himejoshi goblins?), and I'm quite sure Akiyama knows exactly what they're doing when they use gemstones, so often formed under immense heat and pressure over time, to represent abrupt and striking explosions of action and tension that bring together people from different walks of life (historical materialism is a prized tool in every yuri artist's arsenal). Under capitalism, and especially the concentrated forms it takes on in urban spaces constructed around flows of productivity, the clear and systematic segregation and compartmentalization of organs and resources in the cyborg body economic, a coincidence is almost an act of sabotage, a misplaced shoe gumming up a cogwheel. People miss meetings, damage capital, pause working, scramble records, and make the machine bleed from a thousand tiny nicks replacing steady ticks. In that regard, Kon's inability to be normal-as-productive certainly positions her as an inadvertent liability to any structure, a line of failures threatening to send her spiraling down the cracks below respectable society, but also then allows her to connect with people outside the spheres she would've moved in if she did have the ability to be "employable"- the romantic meetcute as social inevitability.

Inversions, displacements and a general playing-about with masks and roles have been a staple in the history of what one may call love stories, and especially so in stories about love in the stratified and supervised networks of roles and functions in the big city, where the gods-as-authors of love must necessarily work some mischief to overcome the obstacles to coupling. In Akiyama's tales, their devices are phone calls and intersections and train lines, queering quite literally the trajectory of transmission, the liminality between here and there creating a space where people might enjoy being nowhere and nobody together, differences melting away for brief blessed moments of peace. Where Kon's bogged down by her inability to keep all the roles straight and a sense that she has none to play (there's a low-hanging fruit here; c'est moi), Ai struggles under the weight of entirely too many- drifter, hostess, lover, seeker, runaway, mommy (shut up, Kon), and the beauty of the setup is that they're both fields of coincidence- Kon's numerous accidents and reversals scrambling the flow of spacetime and pulling women into her failgirl orbit, and Ai's superposition of identities as multifaceted as a gemstone (and as perilously implicated in the frenzy of acquisition), a co-incidence of coincidences that is naturally sparked off by Ai mistaking Kon at her lowest for someone else and so making her day (blue garnets are also known for changing shades under different types of illumination, much like a girl's, er, wardrobe). "And they were gradient neighbours-" statements that would make for an excellent Steven Universe joke if I had actually ever watched the show.

In addition to the usual expertise Akiyama brings to wrangling romance, there's also a fascinating air of mystery about this whole setup? The title of a deeply symbolic gemstone (plus the one that Ai's wearing), the ghost of a past lover hanging over the narrative like my obsession with Brides of Iberis, the sinister client at the hostess bar, the femme fatale who seduces our gullible and innocent heroine with such cunning wiles as Basic Human Decency, two murders plotted ("I'll kill that person and I'll die too) and one cold-bloodedly carried out (Kon's heterosexuality), the overhanging question of whether or not the first meeting of our leads was a coincidence... Akiyama seems to have a vision here, and I for one am looking respectfully.

Mmm

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Junko got promoted from being a big fish in a little pond to swimming with sharks in a cold deep ocean. Enjoy your " victory" Junko-san

last edited at Dec 26, 2023 1:51AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Yumimi dreaming of her voluptuous Venus

last edited at Dec 22, 2023 7:08PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Random filler arc/OVA bait. At least it was only 2 chapters.

I was gonna skip reading the filler chapters but honestly it was pretty entertaining.

I never skip the filler chapters, because they serve as a valuable palate cleanser for the longer, plot-heavy story arcs focusing on Vena's manipulations. Heavy scenes like Baiser going berserk hit so much harder when you know the characters involved all have preciously light-hearted sides to them.

I concur. Not like we're working with some Fighting Shonen style filler where the arcs are longer than whole series xD A little 2 chapters of light-hearted downtime after some big revelations or heavy impacts can hardly be described as "filler" imo.

To be honest , while I like the shonen style fighting arcs, I enjoy the slice of life chapters more, ( fillers they are not ).

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Kayo needs to take Junko on a short trip ...down a flight of stairs

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

I'm not surprised that Yuki is hoping that Yuni breaks up with Nanase, that way she can be Nanase girlfriend instead.

Could be. Can't remember if we got definitive signs Yuki's into Nanase.

Yuki's been pinning for Nanase the whole manga.
Shes more immature than Nanase or Yuni, she's still like a tween. As she matures and develops her sexual appetites - to match her food appetite- Nanase better look out ⊙⁠﹏⁠⊙

Yuni, don't worry , a career in customer service is well within your abilities.

last edited at Dec 19, 2023 7:20PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Junko needs a Pegging and a good arse whipping

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Anna-san, great tits

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021
114069909_p0

Clam chowder

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Yeet girl gonna show Furuka her hole

last edited at Dec 8, 2023 7:51PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Ah, you just have to love the rigid adherence to rules and hierarchies... /s

Well it is Japan

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

"Pavlov's Xiao-Jiang" hahaha.

God knows what reward Shen will give Jiang if she gets a promotion. But hopefully it's sexy and funny(⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

last edited at Dec 5, 2023 7:17AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Came for the gratuitous violence, stayed for the hatesex

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Hurrfckingyah ITS BAAAACCK!!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021
113471943_p0

Itadakimasu

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021
Marceline2174-1729141825494200794-img1

Built like a brick shit house

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

I'm confused.... Is her father permanently stuck as a woman? Or are her parents just making out all the time so it's always the case? Because they said there's no precedent for someone becoming stuck but the story seems to imply her father is unable to become a man again.

It was weird that he didn't want to go to parents day at Chihaya's school because he was a woman at the time... Like... If the curse lasts 24hours max can't you just NOT kiss your wife for a day?

Maybe he wants to stay permanently as a woman now, so a kiss a day keeps the dick away¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

I'm in love with Chihayas dad.