Forum › Posts by La duchesse de Pecquigny

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

There's something I don't quite get.

She says the white tulip is the other girl's favorite flower, right? Text literally says "her favorite white tulips" are embroidered on the handkerchief.

Okay then questions:

First, why is her favorite flower one that means breaking up????

Second, why does she assumes that the hanky with the white tulip means her gf doesn't love her anymore, instead of assuming her gf wants to make her happy by giving her something with her fav flower on it? Maybe I'm missing some point but it doesn't seem to make sense.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

So what do you think? Tsundere?

I honestly can't tell if Houjou has a secret giant crush on Mai and is tsun about it, or if she's just jealous because Mai is Mai: tall, stylish, beautiful, dynamite body.

Which is it? Tsundere, or plain old school bully?

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

IIRC a previous note from the uploader around when they released that chapter said that the author has gone back and inserted content between early novel chapters, and then that stuff has gotten inserted into the comic where it went chronologically. That's probably why it doesn't have clean continuity and the plot thread is just sort of dropped, it was a late addition.

I think you're right. If you read the comic up to the page right before Evie slashes Elsa, then jump over the following parts and start reading again at the start of chapter 35, you'll see a seamless flawless continuity. The in between those two points is where extra content was inserted, and the problem is that it doesn't mesh too well.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I absolutely adore protagonists like Luoluo, they're so much fun. There's something about watching selfish, scummy, dirtbag characters that's just immensely enjoyable.

Whether or not Luoluo really is any of those things (I see where you're coming from, I also see why some would disagree) I'm totally on your side about scummy dirtbag characters! A good chunk of my favorite manga right now have main charas who are absolute SCUM and I love every bit of their stories. They're so much fun to read! :D

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Huh
This is grooming, isn't it?

It's reverse grooming! The girls groomed their teacher so she's ready for them when they reach 18, lol

Well said Daphie! XD

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

that's some forced drama right there

I see the dramatic elements, but what makes you say it's forced?

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Yeah you know what? fuck it! LMAO I'm not even going to question how they got there, let's just enjoy it hahahahaha

Lucky you. Me, I question like a muthafucka. How the hell did they move from the moment Riri caught them canoodling (after most unexplainedly getting in Karin's appartment with a key of her own and a bag of booze) to a threesome!?

There's something that's a classic in Japanese manga: start a chapter or a storyline with a totally outrageous scene and then have the mc think "How could I end in this outrageous predicament!? Let's go over it step by step!" And then we rewind to the moment that started the sequence of events that led to the present state of things. I bet a cup of coffee that next chapter will recap everything that happened between the time Riri surprised them and the bed scene with the Mei sandwich. And of course include explanations of Riri having the key and getting in so familiarly.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Heavensrun, you must be great fun at parties.

No, sorry, I lied. You must be boring as hell at parties. Or when you're alone with a potential love partner. People will fall asleep before you finish explaining your rules, regulations, ordinances, directives, laws and precepts for every touch and gesture.

If I had to pick between Karin and Heavensrun, I don't even need a nanosecond to choose Karin, drag her into a room and tell her to do with me just as she did with Mei.

(Of course, by "doing as she did with Mei" I mean doing sexy things, but if Karin misunderstands and decides to make a delicious dinner for me before sex, why I won't complain: all the better.)

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Stella Record

Who is Stella? ^^;;

It's you, Akane!

Who is Akane? ^^;;;

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I'm hella curious about this talking cat with eyes that are 100% human and not catlike at all.

In what universe cats talk and have human eyes? Not ours, that for sure. I say this is a parallel universe where cats are people and yuri sex between cute kitties and their bumbling maids is 100% the accepted established norm.

joined Jun 7, 2021

Now you made me really curious about her best friend, what kind of person would it be?? O.O

I knew you too would lock on to that, haha. Talk about a Chekhov's gun.

I mean this artist never disappointing when it comes to designs so I'm veeery excited!! future character crush incoming! oh, wait we don't know if it's a girl or not, I mean, most likely but we will see I guess, as for the interaction with the story... hmmmmmmmmm, who knows! a triangle seems unlikely at this point.

Childhood friend?
Only friend?
Calling it now: LOVE RIVAL! ! ! ◣‿◢

last edited at Jun 12, 2022 4:59PM

joined Jun 7, 2021

People were talking about her voice, but honestly I think the reality is that Mitsuki doesn't talk enough to Aya at school for Aya to really have evidence to piece together "hey, record shop boy sounds a lot like that girl from my class."

The way I see it, we needn't analyze too deeply. It's like debating why doesn't Lois Lane ever realize that Superman sounds just like Clark Kent.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 12:45PM

joined Jun 7, 2021

Anyway I find really funny that she's like oh no my nail polish, here get a good look at my face instead lol

"I must make sure she doesn't notice me!"
Sheet of paper on her face! Kabedon on the railing! Nose to nose stare!
I still can't for the life of me figure how she managed to fumble everything so bad as she did.

ngl it felt a bit forced

joined Jun 7, 2021

Maybe it's just me but I don't think MC intended to stalk Maron. I just realized that almost everything is written/drawn from her perspective of view. And to get information for the readers, she more or less has to be following her, or else we only get to see what MC sees herself. In a way it's stalking, in another way it's just the perspective of view.
But I don't know, that's how I see it.

It's how I see it as well: she's a baby lesbian in baby love taking baby steps towards her goal, which she isn't even all that certain about, but whatevah, she pluckily perseveres!
(That oil tycoon fantasy where she buys Maron 24/7 forever is the closest thing to a goal she has figured yet, lmao!)

joined Jun 7, 2021

When you come out of the closet so hard you scare the shit out of your friend and make her drop the tableware, lol.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Oo the next chapter is the last one?

Huuuuuuh?
What makes you say that? There isn't any hint in the chapter or credits.

joined Jun 7, 2021

I mean, look at the mc: she's supposed to be a scumbag and she's actually pretty much an angel...

^ Yes. I see a lot of people compare Makino with Toudou from Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri, but they got everything wrong. Toudou is an unredeemable scumbag, Makino is a misguided angel.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

For those who can't wait for more, remember that this manga has already been translated up to chapter 20 in Spanish.

Link at the end of this page:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15867-manga-in-spanish-mangas-en-espanol?page=18

(Well, make that: for those who can't wait for more AND can read Spanish! :-D )

I can't read Spanish. =L
You wouldn't have an address where it's translated to French, would ya?

Sorry, mon pote, I've searched; I don't think it's translated to French at all. :(

joined Jun 7, 2021

What could exactly be a look, or a type of make-up, that makes you look like you'll kill anyone who rubs you the wrong way or says a wrong line?

That's a very good question that allows us to illustrate well the differences between Western and Asian sensibilities.

In the West, the answer to your question would be something like this:

In Japan, the answer to your question is something like this:

Based.

I was thinking "this new girl seems crazy" but then remembered the MC is a stalker and blackmailer

Her sister offered her money and she just went to find out where she lives

She hasn't actually done anything bad yet

100% agree.

joined Jun 7, 2021

Wow, alright -- what a way to build community! What's wrong with trying to connect with others who share a keen interest with this manga and create more of a fluid discussion? Sounds like you're just a ~bitter queen~ looking to create hostility and discord (no pun intended).

Also, my pronouns are she/her.

Psst wlftchtr82 ... don't look now ...
You mistook your sockpuppet for your main account ...

What happened??

joined Jun 7, 2021

also, in terms of queer perspectives, well, it may be true that overall there is less transphobia in the lgbtq+ community than in the general population, there are absolutely pockets of intense transphobia there, especially in for example (where i'm from) the uk

Lately there's been a lot of bad press against "transphobic lesbians who refuse to fuck trans women cause they have a cock" with accusations of discrimination and shit... it's a bit of a head-scratcher to me...

joined Jun 7, 2021

^^ and ^
Many seem to think Tenmakyun is a hobo and a ho.
Then the right term for her is... a hoboho or a hohobo? Which one is better?

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

There seems to be an ongoing discussion to determine whether Evie is dense or in denial.

To find the answer, I did a diligent google search and quickly found some relevant data.

As it turns out, this matter about the density of people in denial is an old one and has been scientifically studied!

As you see, the density of people in denial is a well-known phenomenon and subject of research.

Heck, this one article is just an example; I found dozens of papers on the subject!

Thus we can reasonably conclude, with the support of scientific research and the scientific community, that Evie is both in denial and woefully dense.

Science is always the answer. ( ^^ )v

last edited at May 11, 2022 6:00PM

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Help me out, people. My knowledge of astronomy and physics doesn't go far enough.

What's denser than a neutron star? I want to put a proper tag on Evie.

Hope this helps. :)

last edited at May 10, 2022 4:14PM

joined Jun 7, 2021

Bonne journée internationale des travailleurs à tous! ♡