Forum › Posts by ChikyuuNeko

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

My best friend died recently and now this manga hits quite differently. It's kinda nice though actually

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021
Oratoza-1679062114978373633-img1

Persona's biggest flaw is its terminal heterosexuality, wish it was possible to do something like this in P5

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Now the question, is Makino gonna run away and live at Mashiros/sister's place or is she gonna try tanking the interviews

Well, at the very least she does have all the required skills to absolutely tank any marriage interview, reminds me of the time she told a dude she doesn't have a phone while staring right at it to ignore him

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Ah, so it's like a big sis relationship!

I wrote before about Yunduo, to say that she obviously has no romantic interest in Xiaoen and just sees her as a cute little cousin.

Well... I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Really? I'd say this chapter rather affirms that point of view. She obviously cares a lot for Xiaoen but it seems to be in a more familial sort of way, doesn't give much of a romantic vibe to me honestly.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I restate my previous demand:

Can we give Ayaka some sort of "least useless lesbian" award?

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Mikanuji drawing Hitori x Ikuyo? Nice

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Loved this chapter, showed Xiaoen from her confident and mature side and very believably portrayed Xingyuan's insecurities

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Can we give Ayaka some sort of "least useless lesbian" award?

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

whats up with all the stats majors trying to figure out the probability of a bunch of high school girls fucking each other

I'll have you know that it is of the utmost importance that my gay pseudo-incest age-gap manga only ever contains statistically probable numbers of teen sex.

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021
106680942_p0

Bocchi the Snacc

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Of all things, I didn't expect it'd be a fucking Pokemon Doujinshi that made me cry today

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Japan is weird in that roughly two thirds of the population support gay marriage but the third that doesn't is vastly over-represented in politics, so nothing actually changes. Still just a matter of time though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Japan legalise gay marriage this decade

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Is it just me or was that "prince" the least convincing cross-dresser ever? Like, they still looked 100% like a girl in their supposedly male gear.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This chapter made me laugh really hard, it's just such an absurd situation with them basically fucking in front of the "girlfriend" that I really struggled to take this seriously. I guess it's mostly due to me only having read the first 3 and last 2 chapters, but still

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021
Danji_bang-1658164483372769280-img1

The band that sleeps together stays together I guess?

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

The fact that Tsukushi can see Hinoka making that kind of face towards her and still think she'll get rejected should net her some sort of trophy as the world's most useless lesbian, it is honestly impressive.

I also get the sense that once they eventually figure things out, they'll be obnoxiously flirty

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021
Kaniya22400252-1641493156415033344-img1

I love this pair, due to the limited scope of the DLC their interactions weren't that extensive but they had great chemistry and were individually two of my favourite characters

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Am I the only one who's extremely confused about what's going on? It feels like both within the chapter it gets muddled and the fact that the series seems to have rebooted midway through certainly doesn't help either

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I already loved the first chapter and this is just so much more goodness, granny is really a great character and as some others have said, it's nice to show the complexity of her life up to now too. It's not all doom and gloom but certainly not good either.

Also, the 3 beauties of Eizan HS are just the cutest ever :D

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Feeling kinda conflicted about this chapter, on the one hand it is cute as usual and insanely useless Minami is always a delight, on the other hand it kinda feels like a filler chapter where nothing of actual importance happens. In fact, considering how unaware Yuzu was of Minami in this chapter, it almost feels like taking a step back even.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I don't think she's testing Fuyuki, but there is definitely something off going on. The way she accepted his confession was ... less than enthusiastic and when she asked Fuyuki about getting a boyfriend during the sleepover, it didn't sound like she got the answer she was hoping for.

I'm not entirely sure why she agreed to start dating him, but I feel like she was looking for a reason not to.

I think you're mostly spot on, the way I see it, she's probably in love with Fuyuki but likes Ryou very much (as a friend) and is not really able to sort out these feelings and understand them as what they are. She probably believes that something like a romantic relationship with Fuyuki is unattainable so she's turning towards the other option open to her and since its someone she definitely has a strong connection to and likes, she might think that getting together with him would be the "natural" way for things to develop.
In that scenario, her lukewarm acceptance would make sense, it is not really supported by strong emotions after all, rather just being born out of following what is "normal" and probably also not wanting to reject a person she actually likes (though not in a romantic way). Her interaction with Fuyuki the night before would also fit, she might have some sort of awareness of feeling something for Fuyuki and wants to sound out what her reaction would be and does not see anything there that would make her believe that Fuyuki would even be a romantic option.

So in summary, I also don't think that Eri is "testing" Fuyuki or anything, I think she's just a romantically confused girl in a heteronormative world

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Is the web novel fully translated?

Sadly not, the first 18 or so chapters are translated and the rest is just machine translated. Tbh, the machine translation is complete and utter garbage and often hardly readable but the underlying story is just so good that I kept reading anyway

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Yay, so many chapters! Love this series, though admittedly, I am biased from already adoring the web novel.
I do agree though that the chapters are a bit thin on content and thus somewhat hard to follow individually. For those who are not enjoying the story right now it might be a good idea to wait for a while and then read in bulk, that seems to make it easier than reading chapter by chapter

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

3 chapters, what a treat. And some nice progress too

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Omg I love this soooo much! Grandmas have lives (and love lives!) too and it is so nice to see a manga that acknowledges that and in such an incredibly adorable way too. I for one am quite sure this is going to go into proper Yuri territory, there's immediate foreshadowing when the granddaughter says that this would be a good time for granny to find a new love and we already had two of the classic stops to Yuri romance: "she's so pretty!" & "she smells nice". Next chapter she might notice store clerk's eyelashes as well, who knows