Forum › Posts by 856600

joined Apr 8, 2021

Why is considered cute to speak in third person?? I don't think it's cute or childish (tbh I have never seen a child speak like in that way) But I think it's confused lol
Is it something cultural? or am I the only one who thinks like this?

Yes, it's cultural. It's completely normal in Japan for young girls to refer to themselves in the third-person.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Domestic

Somehow the first ever not-lewd Rin x Nadeshiko doujin uploaded here. I'll take a hundred more, thanks.

joined Apr 8, 2021

hnnnnnggghh, best doujin I've read in a minute. so precious

joined Apr 8, 2021

Holy heck this is some blessed content

joined Apr 8, 2021

Meh, this doesn't do it for me. The setup is way too artificial, it's totally unrealistic for somebody's first statement towards the person they're going to be living with to be calling them a dumbass unprovoked. You could say it's a stage persona without trying to deny your new sister a chance to even get along with you.

joined Apr 8, 2021

what? there´s no way chi-chan knows that at that point of the run. I call hacks

Not hacks, just a glitch. What's a speedrun without a little sequence breaking?

joined Apr 8, 2021

Why the people is angry for a het story?

Do you go to a French restaurant to eat Chinese food?

If you go into a French restaurant and order the one Chinese meal on the menu, which is what you did by clicking on this manga, and then complain about getting the Chinese food you ordered... is it the restaurant's fault or your own?

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 12:05AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Not overt homosexual activities in the manga ✅

+15 social credit ↑

Defending the honor of the glorious CCP ✅

+20 social credit ↑

Keep it up! ☺

I would appreciate if a Westerner could, just one time, realise the incredible irony of criticising Chinese for being indoctrinated by propaganda, when you are so deep into your own country's propaganda that you disregard reality and are content with lies being spread as long as they conform to your biases. I said no word in defense of the CCP, only in defense of truthful information. Telling that you chose to interpret advocating against misinformation as a negative thing, because the truth doesn't agree with you.

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 4:49AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

So how exactly does this come up between them after the stream? Even for a superfan, "Today my favourite vtuber sneezed!" is going a bit far as a topic of conversation, I think...

joined Apr 8, 2021

not baseless to assume the Chinese government would do so

It is baseless to assert that they will or have done so. Is it possible it could happen in the future? Sure, anything is. But it's not illegal and there is currently no reason to believe it will actually become so, so it should stop being repeated in every thread.

and bc the authors try to stay in the clear by skirting as close to being "subtext only" as possible while trying to make clear to those who "know" that it's totally not subtext.

I'm begging you, please just stop making things up to push a narrative. Please.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 10:23AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Interesting that this kind of manhua gets drawn. I thought this was illegal (unfortunately) in China.

Nope, just one person making up anti-Chinese drivel and the rest of the internet baselessly gobbling down it down because it fits their biases, perpetuating this misinformation further and further on literally every single manhua thread on this site. I keep trying to correct it but here it is being spread again...

joined Apr 8, 2021

Personally, I'll take a doujin about the delinquent Flan.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Is this chinese? Will the goverment trash it like they did to Their Story? The author still vasn't recovered from that yet...

Out of loop, but anyone got an article about this? can't seem to find it on google (maybe I'm searching wrong)

It's a fabrication. Unfortunately, you'll find this lie posted repeatedly on every single Chinese comic that gets posted here, despite it having minimal basis in reality. No stopping the internet rumour mill once it gets started - one person says something bad about the Chinese government, and the rest lap it up and believe it without a second thought because China bad.

The actual extent of it is that the publisher the author worked with asked them to censor a scene, and they refused, meaning a second paper volume was not printed. Because it's a webcomic, this had no bearing on the contents of the story, which continued to be published online uncensored. Somehow it's been extrapolated from this incident that the government is censoring all yuri in the country. Go figure.

Now, more importantly:
This is the best comic on the site. Hnghhh.

last edited at Sep 7, 2021 12:35AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

856600 posted:

Somebody please translate this into a language I don't understand because I think this would be a lot better if I couldn't read it

buy the damn raw if you want that so bad

"A language I don't understand"

joined Apr 8, 2021

Somebody please translate this into a language I don't understand because I think this would be a lot better if I couldn't read it

Image Comments 01 Sep 07:04
joined Apr 8, 2021
E99zykbvkaavova-orig

Honestly how did this even start lmao
Why does this trend exist lmfao

This is a signature pose of Jack-O from Guilty Gear. I don't know why it is, but, um, yeah. Jack-O just got added as a DLC character to the newest Guilty Gear game, so her pose is on people's minds again.

joined Apr 8, 2021

This is the manga I look forward to most, but I hate this freakin' chapter. If you love her so much why does she have to be the one to confess or else you just go date someone else??? Stupid dumb idiots.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Holy moly, give me more of this. Best I've read in a minute.

Im never sure how i feel about trying to represent accents - usually with an american one.. It sometimes works but often seems very wierd. I also dont like the use of americanisms like a cup o joe or space cadet- I mean this is set in japan- it makes it TOO american and works at odds with its setting. At least In my opinion.

I know thats somewhat subjective, but i profer translations that aren't quite so loose.

Vehemently disagree with everything written here. I see Scottish accents used as much as American ones, "space cadet" isn't an Americanism, and what you're asking for is to just kill the tone of speech of all translated media. If you want the authentic experience of reading about a Japanese setting, I strongly recommend learning Japanese and reading your manga that way. You're not getting an authentic experience whether or not the accent is localised, because if it's not localised, the alternative is just not giving an accent to a character that had one, and to use utterly sterile language when the character was originally saying more expressive phrases that don't translate literally.

Moreover, there's not even anything Japanese about this particular manga for the accent to be 'at odds with the setting'. There's not a single clue to the setting; for all you know, it could be set overseas, since there are no Japanese cultural idiosyncrasies present. That it's set in Japan is merely an assumption made based on the author being Japanese, and while it's a safe assumption, it is in no way a necessary one.

last edited at Aug 24, 2021 5:39AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Ch. 56
This opens many doors

joined Apr 8, 2021

God bless gay vampires

joined Apr 8, 2021

God I am here for the domestic gay life of this couple, please let it never end I had a stupid smile on my face the whole date. Bad end but I'm guessing Ayaka will return the favor to her best wingman and get Wakana the gay lovin' she deserves

joined Apr 8, 2021

At the very least, one-san would be bi.

Not necessarily. Having sex for money doesn't determine one's sexuality.

joined Apr 8, 2021

A 4-pager then; even tinier.

I don't know what you think a 4koma is, but koma means "panel". It refers to a shortform comic format in which each segment is 4 small panels, not unlike many Western newspaper comics and webcomics.

Where did you pull that cliffhanger idea from?

This is the first sign of relationship advancement in the entire series; an attempt by Sayaka to see if Mako's actially interested. That, combined with the unexpected and unexplained response, leaves the reader wanting to know what happens next and why Mako responded in such a strange way. I don't know how you can call that anything but a cliffhanger. What do you think a cliffhanger is if not that?

Edit: Although on rereading I think it might actually be a punchline after all. My guess is that Mako is annoyed because obviously she loves Sayaka so why would she even feel the need to ask such a question? But Sayaka doesn't realise that and the joke is that misunderstanding of each other. If this turns out to be the case I can understand the disappointment with this chapter, but this is mid-story-arc so I was assuming the next release would continue from here and not revert to status quo.

last edited at Jul 23, 2021 7:31PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

In a 4-koma?

This isn't a 4koma, and even 4komas can have cliffhangers at the rare times they decide to progress the plot.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Where are the headpats????