Forum › Posts by Akiji

joined Jul 21, 2020

is it from the same author as that manga about sister-stalker? Because designs are super similar.

where'd that one go anyway

right here

I realized only now that I never finished that one. I read until ch6 and forgot about it for some reason. I'm gonna read it to the end now. Thanks for sharing the link!

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Grandma might be my favorite character, she knows what's up.

Hehe.

Hehe.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Manga transwomen are always beautiful. No adam apple, no large shoulders or hands, no square jaw. Always pass flawlessly.

Man, you do live in a bubble if you think this is what the majority of manga transwomen are like. The default of anime/manga is, in fact, super muscular, has a square jaw and adam apple as well as a poorly made beard. Even when literally nobody else in the story has such strong features. They are also usually treated as being the same thing as gay men.

When a manga has a transwoman who is not like that it is because the manga is actually trying to be respectiful and not treating transpeople like a joke. Thus, it depicts transwomen like it treats all women (and, in fact, many men): beautiful, slender and with delicate features.

This, exactly this.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Fact: Asumi isn't in love with anyone. Asumi isn't looking for a girlfriend. Asumi has discovered the pleasures of lesbian sex and is now focused on having sex with as many attractive lasses as possible.

She isn't in love with Mai, she just wants to apologize to her.

She isn't in love with Nanao, she's just a friend.

She isn't in love with Whatshername-senpai, she's just a mentor.

She isn't in love with Serina or Ena or any of the brothel girls, they're just... yeah.

Asumi is an adult woman and wants to have consensual sex with lotsa other adult women because sex is great fun. And why wouldn't she? You don't need any other reason. All that stuff about romance and relationships is alien to her right now. Angry readers need to understand that this manga isn't a romcom. If anything, it's a sexcom.

Maybe one day Asumi will fall for some girl, but, seeing how she is right now, all I have to say is: don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

SOMETHING ACTUALLY ECCHI!!! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN!?

I'm honestly amazed. Since when do this two finger each other's vaginas so easily and naturally?

Last time I checked any accidental touch on an ecchi place on the other's body would have them blush beet red and get horribly embarrassed!

joined Jul 21, 2020

Hetero women read novels about dewy-eyed peasant girls who are kidnapped and made into sex slaves by macho viking beefcakes; it doesn't mean they want to be kidnapped and raped irl.
You need to be able to tell fantasy from reality. And accept that you enjoy things in fantasy that you wouldn't enjoy in reality. Peepz in Japan are very good at doing this; peepz in the West... not so much.

joined Jul 21, 2020

It's the RING finger, Tae, you cowardly chicken.

joined Jul 21, 2020

From the previous page, and 2 weeks ago:

This is marked as complete at 13 chapters, but looking at Aoto Hibiki's twitter showed me that it's being continued. Chapter 19 came out recently, and 20 is slated for Christmas Eve:
https://www.cmoa.jp/title/247715

What authority marked it as completed? Aoto themselves?

The Baka-Updates database.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series/2op388r/yoroizuka-san-o-baburasetai
They usually get this kind of details right... I guess this time they were misinformed.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Love the immediate apology to chie

She definitely knows whats up !

"Chie! I'm so sorry! I gave your girlfriend an orgasm!"

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Happy new year everyone, thank you for very much for translating this, one of my favorite useless lesbians who are useless in general most of the times...so relatable!

Happy new year to you too!

joined Jul 21, 2020

Ichika, the shoulder devil said: "It's fine as long as Akane doesn't find out!"

Which means your first priority was to make sure that Akane was out of the way (ie in the bathtub) before looking thro her phone.

First. Priority.

How can you be so mind-bogglingly incompetent? >:(

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

(>_<);;

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Gacha = evil.

joined Jul 21, 2020

It's crazy cute how they started a roleplay of a sleazy teacher macking on her meek student and then they stopped because it felt so wrong. XDDDDDD

joined Jul 21, 2020

The assumption that your teen years are the best, most shining and radiant part of your life—and that as soon as you reach legal majority you become a decaying thing that can only crawl in the rotting morass of adulthood all the way to your death—is very much a common Japanese idea... but it isn't at all a Western idea; more like the opposite, in fact. I'm surprised nobody felt offended by this strip and reacted with anger.

I guess we've all already been mentally colonized by the Japanese. :P Come to think of it, I haven't read any rants against lolicon manga in a long time...

I think it's pretty common in the West as well, although it also includes college. There is pushback for it, but there are plenty of media that talk about the high school/college years as "the best years of your lives".

But you gotta admit that the angsty tormented teenager trapped between childhood and adulthood is far more frequent in Western literature.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

I see it like that after going thru the story in me head.

Yeah, 'bout what I figured.

Might I suggest going through the story in the actual text instead?

Since you're so sure that Buhawi is obviously, self-evidently wrong, would you mind filling us in on the correct reading of that scene?

Yeah I'm curious too.
Because it's pretty obvious that Shizuka has moved on. She has left her toxic thing with Kaoru behind. All her heart belongs to Mio now.

joined Jul 21, 2020

You don't get to decide where to draw the lines, noone does.

https://i.ibb.co/09mLgMs/english-language.jpg

Dictionaries catalogue usages so people can communicate with each other, but no one person decides what a word means

Isn't that the point tho? She can't decide a different meaning for a word and then demand that everyone follow her—instead of following the dictionary.

The statement "noone decides where to draw the lines" is quite funny. Everyone's language is a private language? Words have no definitions? Really?

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

"Watersports" said the tag, and I read with trepidation.

I should have known that, in Miku's hands, it would turn into something incredibly silly. ᐠ( ᐛ )ᐟ

joined Jul 21, 2020

lmao whose idea was it to have teenagers fight with such powerful and dangerous magic?

Hogwarts academy?

Akiji
Angel Ranch discussion 01 Nov 14:01
joined Jul 21, 2020

Tell me you’ve never interacted with a vagina without telling me you’ve never interacted with a vagina.

Lmao!

joined Jul 21, 2020

Seems like I remember some Oscar-winning badminton movie in the 80's...Chariots of Fire?

I'm 100% certain Chariots of Fire is about running.

I looked up badminton movies in wiki and found four: one Chinese, one Malaysian, one Indian, and one Indonesian. XD All are about some local guy who was best player in the world at some time. I guess badminton is not so popular in Hollywood?

joined Jul 21, 2020

Holy Frank Gorshin, Batman!
I predict Yvonne will get to the tavern only to find that Elsa has been captured, bound and gagged, and is now slowly being lowered into a giant bowl of oatmeal!

joined Jul 21, 2020

I loved the "Rio doesn't have to do chores" joke. XD

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Please Aoi be jealous (a bit)

IM WAITING FOR THAT :(((
jealous aoi when?

The way it's going, better grab a chair and sit 'cause you may need to wait a while.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Is "clinical psychologist" so difficult to say in Japanese that even a high-school graduate like Makino (who should have a good general culture) has trouble articulating it?