Forum › Posts by Kiana

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

True symbiosis: Sharing the same brain cell.

Dang cute.

Kiana
J<->M discussion 04 Jun 01:48
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Plot twist: it was J who killed the kid's dad.

Wouldn't surprise me. Might even lead to some kind of reconciliation. (Probably involving a zany scheme, considering it's tagged as comedy.)

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Dunno how I let this manga slip past me... Just started reading, got to page 17 of chapter 1 and was like, "Girl, you're already dating."

...Though as I continue reading, I wonder if Yuzu is ace. Which isn't a deal breaker for a relationship (Just ask my wife), but it may disappoint Minami, given her... imagination, in chapter 2.

Kiana
J<->M discussion 03 Jun 20:20
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

For a professional murderer, J sure has the same energy as an abused child putting on a mask to cope... Which isn't terribly surprising, considering his backstory.

And I wonder if the mom was always kinda nuts or if that started after something bad happened to the kid's dad. I feel so bad for the kid... At least she gets to relax with pocky and manga now, small mercies.

The manga gave me some laughs, but it also leaves me feeling sad.

Kiana
Oni Kouhai discussion 03 Jun 01:24
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Thank you for this gift. It's so sweet.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Kirinose_00-1660966409256730624-img1

Chen has two moms. :3

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Is it just me or we really have polyamory storyline around the corner?

As someone completely on board with poly... Nope, not seeing it happening in this one.

Anime lesbians place a lot of value on self-sacrifice for the sake of their loves' happiness. Feeling shame for being possessive or jealous is a thing for some reason. It's bad, tbh

If it's a choice between self-sacrifice and yandere, the former will get my vote every time. (I will never forgive Kannazuki no Miko.)

But yeah, seriously, wanting things (be it physical or emotional) is normal and healthy, so long as you can grasp the concepts of no means no and that you won't always get what you want. The topic reminds me of the wishes in Madoka and how there's a trend that directly asking for what they want isn't even considered. That they always ask for something tangential to what they want and wind up disappointed when it doesn't work out.

I don't know enough about Japanese culture to say with certainty if that's the intent, but there's an implied social pressure on girls to only accept what they're given and to never expect or ask for more. Though like in Madoka, the recent trend seems to be about pointing out why that social norm is bloody stupid. But, again, I'm speaking from limited experience on the subject.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I am not sure which of the two H.P. Lovecraft would have found more horrifying.

He's a man that was horrified that he was part Welsh. And had an intense aversion to math. I'm pretty sure he found literally everything to be equally horrifying.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

What kind of a fucking mom does that. Kids should always come before your lovers. You chose to have them.

Yeah. Mom status: Garbage tier.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I'm amused by how much this resonates with me, despite the amount of sex jokes when I'm ace. Like I don't grok public sex (since I have a hard enough time wrapping my mind around sex in the first place), but that whole anxiety is a mood killer thing... That I get.

And the heat-as-attempted-murder bit. Hooboy, I feel that.

Also: Proposal scene, yeeeeees.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Mil17459623-1608332605287706626-img1

^ The hairclips are hecking cute.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

It’s been over 2 years, and I still don’t understand why this is called Anemone is in Heat. I guess I’m missing something here. The series itself is still as good as ever though.

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to flower language (anemones symbolizing anticipation and a reminder to enjoy the moment, at least according to google searches). I'm pretty sure the "heat" in the title is intended as deep romantic love, not the animalistic sexuality it usually means. (Maybe something got lost in translation there, can't say for sure.)

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch30#6

The intense newly-weds vibe from this chapter. I need insulin.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I saw the tragedy tag, but missed the abuse tag. So that page hurt. I was ready for her friend dying, not that. Especially the line about not being able to tell anyone. Brings up memories I want to keep buried.

I really hope the story isn't biographical.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Bug girl is best girl. Also, to quote my wife: "Well looks like she don't need CPR."

I'll also join the "Komachi can see premonitory corpses" camp. And her prescribing to the idea that the predictions should come true would explain some things. Like why her survival may have been a bad thing and trying to "help" Satsuki fall to her death. (Maybe people that can see premonitory corposes can't see their own?)

She should have been decapitated in chapter 1 and tampering with that broke something in the death mechanism.

I really hope the story doesn't go the Final Destination type of "fate is real and actively conspires to kill people" plot device. That just undermines the entire point of stories about predictive superpowers, since what's the point of watching a character struggle to make the world better if there's some kind of omniscient entity ensuring that their successes are just drawn out failures in disguise?

That and I have a distinct distaste for the concepts of fate and destiny. The idea that certain people are just meant to be in certain positions is an excuse for entirely too much apathy in society.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Page 15~19 reminding me that this is really just a drama-filled superhero story without the spandex. There are action movie heroes with less stamina than Satsuki.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Carlesdalmauart-1636064558094643201-img1

Put a ring on her

Yes!

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Telling your girlfriend "there's no reason to be embarrassed about showering together because we're both girls" is some judo using the power of comphet against itself power move lol

Nagisa is too pure for this world. I'm ace and saw through that ploy...

And then Mashiro immediately reassured her when Nagisa was anxious. Best part of the chapter, imo. Supportive partners. ♥

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Omychan2-1626756146232000513-img1

The advantage of being an immortal couple is that you can wait the necessary decades to recover before having another child.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I'll second that comment about this chapter feeling too ecchi. Nearly half the pages are dedicated to groping...

Though the second half perfectly captures the feeling of euphoria from gender affirmation, so I'm still going to read the next chapter.

Edit: Also people complaining about her passing being "unrealistic" haven't seen East Asian twinks. Why are these little fruity boys curvier than me? Damn. (Please note I am not making a weird equivalence between twinks and trans women)

As a trans woman, I gotta say I understand. "That feeling when you're jealous of a boy..." has basically become my catch phrase on my friends' discord. Some people just hit the genetic lottery.

Meanwhile, I look like Lurch without the dignity.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I'm guessing that this is going to be our couples first "domestic", which will hopefully lead to the "making up" swiftly afterwards

I do get a distinct "Now apologize and kiss me" vibe off those expressions in the last page. Hopefully no physical abuse, though; I hate that slap then kiss shit.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

A leukemia diagnosis is what pushed my best friend to start transitioning. And also pushed me to tell her just how much she matters to me. Chemo was brutal and she was contemplating giving up... Well, I wanted to make it perfectly clear just how much having her in my life. That was years ago... And she calls me wife almost every day. ♥

P.S. Fuck cancer. Kill that crab.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

The intention was good, but somebody's gonna be in the dog house for this...

Hmm. A dog collar would fit her work look pretty well.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

... but I'm disappointed she's not accidentally seductive here too. Would make it nicely confusing for everyone involved, and probably way funnier to read.

Scene may not be done yet. There's still time for charisma nat 20.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Followed by the two friends telling them that they're also going out, roll credits.

Don't get my hopes up. I don't want to be hurt again.