Forum › Posts by Apocryphal

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Maybe Hato and Ruri can curb the other's overworking tendencies?

I like this idea, and I also think that at least partly that's the angle here. The way I read it is that Ruri is really burning herself out, for one reason or another, and with how Ruri's dynamic with Hato has developed, I feel that if there's anyone that will really see behind the facade and/or to whom Ruri will truly open up, it'll be Hato. In other words, I can see the two serving as an anchor for each other, as the comment I quoted says.

Also, there's something I find adorable about how Ruri seems to have just immediately gotten attached to Hato and has made her a regular part of her life/routine. Especially as shown in this chapter, she even knows about Hato's routine. I find it all adorable.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This is so, so, so cute. I have the widest grin on my face even after reading the chapter for the sixth or seventh time. As another comment mentions above, this radiates such a soothing warmth and sweetness, it's such a joy to read.

That may be me reading too deeply into it, but I felt a bit of a sulk in Takamine on page 15, and I absolutely love how she just sent her a sticker, it was such a mundane and natural response and felt like such an organic answer to Sakura's hesitation over that earlier in the chapter, and the two conversing through stickers and what seems like messages was incredibly adorable. The chapter's final frame with the last sticker in particular was heartmelting. Sakura's crush is absolutely showing and I am loving every second. "Maybe it's because she goes to another school...?" my foot.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

We're gonna have at least 3 chapters of them pussyfooting around the thing with Shun getting repeatedly hit by the big gay until it sticks and Hinata desperately trying not to absolutely maul the girl, and I'm all for it.

A quote of my own comment about the previous chapter. It has begun, and I'm a huge fan. I actually forgot I even commented that so I'm doubly amused. I like that it is only implied that Shun took critical damage in that whole kerfuffle. Usually, we're given a panel or two explicitly showing that, but I like the more subtle approach. I also like both the fact and the way this directly clashes with Hinata's inner dialogue and her awakening horny-on-main. There's a surprising finesse to the writing in this story that I like quite a bit. I really want to see Hinata push more now.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

God fucking damn it waiting for the next chapter is going to be hell. I really want to know if there's a reason for Ruriko's rather intense reaction, and I also hope this didn't shut Kurumi down too hard. Though I do expect all this to be resolved for the better in a couple of chapters, I am a tiny bit anxious.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This chapter was rough ... I pretty much started crying...

It takes every single fiber of my being not to start crying. My heart still sinks to the abyss, that small "I don't want to die..." fuck.

At the same time the chapter was beautiful, and incredibly touching. Seeing the cracks start to show, and then Kaori breaking down like that, seeing her really lean on Shizuku and be this open with her, there is immense beauty in that. I do not think this wholly applies, but I was strongly reminded of the line "'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown..." from the song "Let Go" by Frou Frou. Relevant both in-universe and to me personally, with how close I am to that.

I also love Shizuku recognizing that there was nothing she could have said and decided to just embrace her and be there for her. Particularly at that time, if she were to confess, it probably would've been simultaneously the best and worst thing to happen to Kaori, and I dread to even imagine this. I dearly hope that she does, I genuinely believe she will. Looking forward to the coming chapters.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Why do I find this so fucking hot? What is going on right now? In any case, you know what, full degenerate, I hope there'll be some action. Also, Chloe jumping to her mistress' "defense" and the two's subsequent breakdown was delicious. I need them to get together.

In any case, Mia's reaction in this chapter to something she supposedly did before and her reaction in the previous to Chloe announcing she's had enough are very interesting to me. I think we found the one responsible, at least to some degree, for their condition.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

She claims to really like Asumi and gets little floating hearts around her head when they hug...

I'm reading her a bit differently, primarily that she's just extremely good about separating professional and personal lives. I also think that romantic or not, she absolutely has a soft spot for Asumi. All that is to say that...

Then again, we can't expect Asumi to make the whole brothel fall for her, haha.

I honestly think we can lol. Or at least I believe it is at least somewhat plausible.

Jesus fucking christ that was... good lord. That was so hot. Absolutely perfect.

This is the one with the ASMR companion, right? Can anyone enlighten me on how can one get the thing? I think I really fucking want it.

It's on dlsite

Appreciate the link, my own digging led to the same source so it's good to know I was on the right track.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Jesus fucking christ that was... good lord. That was so hot. Absolutely perfect.

This is the one with the ASMR companion, right? Can anyone enlighten me on how can one get the thing? I think I really fucking want it.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I really loved the chapter, and I feel that there was a lot to it. I'm not even sure where to start.

I'm a huge fan of how the whole contact info thing, which is often a cliche made into much bigger a deal than it really is, was resolved so organically and in an almost by-the-way kind of manner. I also love how it was "twisted" or built up into actually learning about their first names. I also love that it is only now that we are learning their first names, at the same time they do and in the same way. There's something I find enthralling in that, something that really pulls me in.

I like Takamine's friends. They're good eggs, stalking or not. But what I loved even more was how Takamine was glaring at the one of them every time she "stole a moment" from her. And then the silky-smooth "...it can also be just the two of us." Mmm. Hit me with that good shit.

While definitely a possibility and wouldn't really surprise me, I do not necessarily read the brooding friend as a potential love rival. Something that popped to me was how they mentioned that Takamine always just went along with what they suggested or wanted to do, which makes me think that Takamine never really let herself be herself with them, which I feel is very in character, and there's the whole club deal that I feel is directly related, so it might be this sort of development, where Takamine will slowly open up and they'll get to know the real her. This is me spitballing more than anything else, though. I do feel that out of the three, Hirose is the perceptive one, so I'd say she'll be the first one to really see what's going on. I feel like she caught onto something here, already.

Sakura is full-on horny-on-main. Just straight up fantasizing about first-name basis, next thing you know the dirty girl will reach for her hand. Absolutely debaucherous. Seriously though, I feel that it's a more subtle way of showing her attachment and/or attraction to Takamine and I actually really like this sort of subtlety, and I really like seeing this sort of yearning come specifically out of Sakura and especially so early on. Another option that came to mind was that seeing her full name gave rise to memories of the past of a certain Tsukasa-chan, though I really don't think this is the direction here.

I'm not really sure exactly what about it or why, but just reading this brings such a big smile to my face. I really like that. It's so good, dude.

no drama please no drama please no drama please.

Are you new to this author?

I think it's interesting to think about this. If I use Haru and Midori as an example, the "drama" they've (as in, the author) constructed was deeper, and a lot more sincere, heartfelt, personal, and grounded, rather than "simple" teen-age romance-related drama. And it was well-balanced, in my opinion. It wasn't "just" drama for drama's sake, you know? And there was some really nice fluff as well. I'm pretty confident that they can do a full-fluff story, though I'm also confident in their ability to create drama that isn't grating or unnecessary. Kinda went lost with my original comment on this lol.

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 8:47AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This series is upsettingly slept on. It's so cute and so fun. This chapter was, as mentioned above, pure chaos, and infinitely amusing.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Is Aizawa just wanting Michi and Kasumi to be friends or is all the flowery background and that face meaning she's shipping them?

I think she's like 50% shipping 50% *friends*ing them. There were a few times in which Aizawa acted like a massive shipper.

Oh shit I somehow missed a chapter, I'll reorganize and rewrite my thoughts after reading it as well.

Right, so some things still stand. I did not expect Max Cha Honda (which by the way that devil outfit was adorable), I did not expect the incredibly blunt, no two-ways-about-it confirmation that Senpai can see and interact with Aizawa, and absolutely did not expect her to be this comically clueless. I'm loving it.

But I also desperately need someone, preferably Michi, to enlighten her that she can fucking see the fucking dead.

I get why Kasumi is doing what she's doing, especially considering Michi actually was avoiding her, kinda made me feel bad for her, poor girl. I'm especially hoping that she learns about the real reason she was avoiding her, I'm dying to know how she'd react. I'm also interested in where actually she stands in terms of feelings and such. It goes without saying that Senpai cares about Kasumi a hell of a lot, but I'm wondering whether it is romantic or not. And from Kasumi's side, it was implied before that she was into her senpai, and practically confirmed in this chapter, and it was very much implied that she is attached or attracted to Michi in a similar manner that she is to her senpai, might she have "moved on" for lack of a better term? This is operating under the assumption that the series goes full yuri, though, so it might also go nowhere. Look I just ship Michi and Kasumi real bad, okay? This reminds me that Kasumi mentioned she has interacted with Michi before the story began, I'm really curious to see what went down and why Michi doesn't seem to remember it.

I'm also hoping that Michi witnessing Aizawa being seen and still remaining herself will push her to start interacting with her as well.

And also Senpai mentioning the marks being ubiquitous is hugely intriguing. As well as insanely amusing with how nonchalantly she did so.

Many of my points seem to boil down to - this is really amusing and really interesting and I hope to see a lot more of this and learn of the whats and whys and hows of it all. So yeah.

last edited at Jun 14, 2023 9:23AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I have only now realized that there was a newer chapter, and out of everything, what pops first into my mind is holy fucking power play. Beforehand I thought I had some sort of a read about Fuuka. but after this, I do not think I do anymore, and I have no fucking clue what her angle is and what she seeks to achieve. Only that her attachment to Yuni is sincere, that is the only certainty in my eyes.

I've been very critical of Nanase's in-universe actions or lack thereof, and I was far from feeling bad for her, in all honesty. But this made even me feel bad for her. Not necessarily that it is happening - in a way I do feel that these are consequences for how she's been up to that point, but the timing and the how, particularly Fuuka's demeaning attitude toward her and... uh... fucking making out with Yuni right in front of her and shit. That she still in the end could not understand what Yuni wants from her was a very bizarre cherry on a very bizarre cake.

So yeah, I have no clue at this point what the endgame is and why, but I cannot deny enjoying the ride.
Also... uh... I gotta admit that Fuuka making out with Yuni there was pretty fucking hot, so yeah...

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I do not think Mika will show up going forward, definitely nothing more than an afterthought. I think that it's rather clear that Watanabe has put that behind her and now looks forward, or more precisely, at Yoshioka. Get to it already, you bumbling mess of a girl.

I also think that specifically the discussion above, while great in and of itself, was reading too deeply into something that I believe is not supposed to be particularly deep. I believe there was no real glimpse into what Mika thinks and why, and definitely not what made her say what she said to Watanabe (though I do agree that some panels/moments seem to imply something, but even still), and that it was deliberate. Though I admit that, personally, if there was more room to develop that specific part of Watanabe's past and maybe even introduce and develop Mika's character, I'd like that quite a bit, especially now that there's some juicy catharsis in Watanabe's horizon. Not as a love rival, though I fully believe Yoshioka's power level far surpasses Mika's and it could've been an amusing sight.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

At this point, this isn't just being on the attack, this is attempted fucking murder. And it's even killing me here, good lord that smile. I'm loving it.

last edited at Jun 9, 2023 6:06PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

That was a very touching and even heartwarming moment between these two. Seeing how Shizuku, and even Ruri, have grown and decided to move forward.

Whether directly or not, none of this would have happened if not for Kaori. It's amazingly bittersweet how especially in her condition, she shone a brilliant light over the life of so many, and it's oddly satisfying to see her "work" bear fruit.

This is kinda me projecting personal feelings unto the work, but I think that now, going forward, I want to see Shizuku open up and confess to Kaori, and try to treasure every moment with her. I want to see her acknowledge how she pretty much turned her life around, and make sure to always remember and cherish her and let her know that she always will.

I also want Kaori to fucking live but that's besides the point. This chapter has been wonderful, and I am anxiously looking forward to the two's alone time.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

As another comment mentions, Vino's mind reading seems to be really surface level, and I'd assume that to glean any information that lies deeper than that really would require some more thorough reading, so while I don't think they're lying or wholly mistaken, I do think that they do not have the whole picture, or perhaps that what they did see in Lapis' mind was only relevant at that point in time but not anymore. It is hard for me to actually read Lapis as a ruthless, calculated villain, especially after very she's clearly been softening up in front of and thanks to Natori. There is a method to the madness, and there are obviously things we the readers do not know yet, and I look forward to learning them.

But more importantly than that, holy fucking shit Lapis was adorable. Natori, please, open your eyes. "Just what is the thing you treasure the most?" Hello! The answer is rather clear! A bit more seriously, though, there is a clash between the things she remembers from the game and hears about Lapis against the things that happen in front of her eyes, and I do want her to learn more about Lapis and see her connect that dots. In other words, gib more Lapis and Natori fluff, please.

As an aside, I wanted to throw in an 'in vino veritas' pun at some point here but it is 5 am and I am too tired for that.

last edited at Jun 2, 2023 10:28PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I think some people are putting too much emphasis on Asumi's goal of finding Mai through having sex with a bunch of other women... Like don't get me wrong, consensual non-monogamy would be cool, but this isn't exactly typical romantic development (Asumi is not chasing Mai because she's madly in love with her). From a storytelling perspective, finding Mai is primarily an excuse for Asumi's lesbian brothel adventures, not the main point of the story.

I feel that finding Mai still is the primary goal for Asumi as a character if nothing else then so that she could find closure and be able to move on. It is also very conveniently a catalyst for the brothel adventures, but I definitely feel that it is still the "main goal" for now.

I also don't get the criticism that these chapters are straying too far from the premise. Why is it a bad thing that Asumi found someone she wants to do it with without paying for it? Was she supposed to limit herself to buying sex for the whole series? And both her and Nanao's experience with paid-for sex gave them a bit of extra courage to cross the line with each other, so the development is not random at all. I for one can't wait to see where it all goes, regardless of which ship (if any) sails in the end.

Heads up to folks mentioning Mai and the direction of the series or lack thereof, do remember that in chapter 16 Asumi directly told Nanao about her brothel escapades and the reason for them. I feel that, at the very least, the way the story has been set up and developed up until now has been more or less intentional.

It doesn't align with me entirely, but I do like this take.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

... I do not read Eri in any way that isn't a girl in love with their best friend...

An excerpt of my own comment from above. This is even more evident in this chapter, as well as in the spoilers shared above. Seems to me like it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but whether they call it a duck is up for debate for reasons I am not yet sure of. I hope Eri figures out it is a duck before it is too late, or hell, I'll make do with 'at all'.

I gotta say, Eri is my favorite character in this manga...

Definitely an interesting take. I never thought of Eri as an evil manipulator, my thoughts were always a lot closer to what you're writing than anything else, and I'm hoping that it is the case and that we'll learn more about Eri from her own perspective at some point. She's already claimed several times that Fuyuki is the most important person to her, I just want her to confront the question of why is that so.

last edited at May 30, 2023 12:41PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

As an aside - I've seen in the previous comments a mention of a chapter and an ASMR thingy attached to it. I assume this is only available in Moon-runic, right? I'm legit tempted.

I can post the translated script of the ASMR, but wouldn't feel comfortable scanlating the chapter or providing raws. The ASMR script includes all the chapter dialogue, but it also has more lines, so it might be hard to place them ...

Makes sense, yeah. I appreciate the thought, though. I think I just personally want to get this.

Edit 2: Apocryphal also got tricked into thinking the ASMR manga chapter was the Sayaka chapter lool... it's not, but there's not much that needs translating anyway.

Yo, wait, it isn't? I'm even more interested then.

Edit: I was about to go to sleep but was awakened by the realization that neither of them washed their hands before starting. That's nice, I guess... (sarcasm)...

I was also struck by this, but part of me finds it charming that the two are so in the moment and into one another that they don't go through the "proper procedure". Also they're perfectly clean, c'mon... C'mon!

...Also, I appreciated all the Asumi boobie shots we got this chapter. The bralette and necklace combo was really aesthetically pleasing.

chef's kiss

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Holy fucking shit let's fucking go! That was so, so sweet, and so, so, so hot. That was absolutely fucking perfect. And it's a two-parter! Nanao's look at the end there is insanely hot.

I love the little bits with Asumi's inner thoughts about experiencing this from the other side, and I fucking LOVE the communication and dynamic between the two. Nanao's reactions are amazing.

Fuck, I didn't expect to be this happy about something like this, but I'm fucking ecstatic. Made my whole week, this chapter.

As an aside - I've seen in the previous comments a mention of a chapter and an ASMR thingy attached to it. I assume this is only available in Moon-runic, right? I'm legit tempted. Oh, wait, I'm familiar with the chapter, holy shit, nice!

last edited at May 30, 2023 2:39AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I am not affiliated with any of the parties so take this cum grano salis, but I wanted to mention that on mangadex this goes up to chapter 14, and in the comments there it is mentioned that there is someone supposedly working on this series.

Also, I do not wish to spoil much, or anything, but do know that milf ship is a thing. Also insanely fucking hot.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I am absolutely and completely head over heels for those two and their chemistry, and we're only two chapters in. This chapter felt so warm and affectionate and endearing, I was melting throughout it, and pages 17 onwards had me squeeing internally. I can't really explain it, but something about this author's work evokes such uniquely intense emotions in me, and I'm loving every minute. Or, to put it differently...

My HEART

This sums up my above thoughts perfectly.

It's gonna be a slow burn innit?

If it somehow manages to be a slow burn while keeping the warm and affectionate vibe chapter 2 had, I will gladly welcome it.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

My heart sinks to the abyss every time I see this get updated. Honestly, I never expected to be this impacted by this series, but we are. I'll mention this probably in every single chapter until the end, and I'm fairly certain I have done so in almost every chapter up to this point, but I still hope, even pray, for the miracle ass-pull. Hell, make up some nonsense about Kaori needing a transplant of sorts that only Shizuku can be suitable for because yuri. Let us cry happy tears, not sad ones.

On a more serious note, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the author has planned for this story. I may not be ready for the inevitable tragedy, but I cannot say I am not looking forward to it.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

TFW you get so horny, you turn to dark magics and accidentally summon a voluptuous witch to your home.

Sigh... I wish it were me...

In any case, I'm pretty certain their unique trait isn't going to go anywhere, at least not permanently. I am for some reason reminded of Swap⇔Swap; there is no point to this remark. Honestly, my opinion is that letting the mistress know is probably the best course of action, and I am expecting her to learn of it at some point. For the time being, I am interested in seeing what's up with the new girl, about whom I have a lot of questions. I will not lie, though, I am a bit of a sucker for the witch.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I assume that was not the original text but for some reason, the idea of a small girl yelling out "sus!" out of nowhere like that is infinitely amusing.

I'm hoping we actually get to see this "hidden reason" she specifically "chose" Chihiro, but I'm inclined to believe it's simply that she likes her. I can't exactly explain why, but I also really like how the exchange unfolded. How Kaname turned into a bumbling mess and dropped her facade completely, and how hard that hit Chihiro. "Rutou-san always wears her heart on her sleeve...". I really liked that part. It's all so incredibly endearing. And I want more.