Forum › Posts by OvO

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

The story can be a symbol of whatever you interpret as, as long as you have some evidence. :)
I love all the interpretations I've read.
The wings and bruises are all symbols, and I guess that's what makes it more forgivable in a fictional setting.
The story emphasizes the difference between angels and humans a lot... maybe one does not need to be an angel to be happy with who one loves?

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

D': That took a wild turnnn; quite bloody. Yet it is definitely an artistic choice rather than purely shock factor.
So many symbolss, what do they stand for... Toxic love? Attachment?

Or, a type of gnawing jealousy that grows after an unrealistically perfect person proclaims their love for you? Once they receive what they need, like a shelter to grow their wings in, will they fly away? Will that love fade? Might as well just take her wings away before they mature, so she has no choice but to stay. Yet, both will suffer for this.

Will wait for the epilogue.

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Sweet jesus this is so cute :'3

OvO
Semelparous discussion 20 Jul 17:16
Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Just started reading this, and I really like action + yuri! :D

Edit: after reading a little more gahahaha I have to agree with the comments on the anatomy (you know, balloon bewbs) + costume design :') but I guess it doesn't ruin it for me... We need more quality action yuri!!

I've also noticed that some of the dialogue is a little on the nose, just there to hand out info. However, it is the most efficient way of setting up such a complex world, and I can't think of a way to avoid it without dragging out the story too much. I do like some more subtext in my stories doeee

last edited at Jul 20, 2020 6:24PM

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Those who don't like Akira just don't see how this is necessary for her to hilariously melt after taking a bite of cinnamon roll.

oooooo I wanna see that

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Shower scenes are always necessary. Always.

Not even little.

You are right, not a little, they are a lot necessary

Look, when something is made up to be ecchi from the start as in with this manga, then whatever have all the shower scenes and bouncing boobs as your story or theme or whatever requires. Knock yourself out. But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

Now, this does not mean that you can't enjoy such things in whatever story you choose to, again knock yourself out. Personal biases do not change the fact however, that more often than not this stuff is slapped on for no good reason and normalized to a terrific degree.

Having said all that...

I don't know if the shower specifically was necessary but that whole sequence served two purposes, to introduce the knowlegde about Kirara and to show that angel-san feels weird when boobs are near her, that's why she had that reaction when her kohai approached.
It was to show that angel san was suffering from the woes of been flustered and attraced to girls but been too embarassed by it.at least thats what I got from it.

Well, that works as well as any explanation I suppose. And as established this work has no qualms about nudity anyway so it is what it is. I am sure funny shenanigans will follow for us all to enjoy!

I love how you put it! It's an interesting conversation to be had on how an author decides to situate their manga and appeal to their audience. I personally prefer more purposeful stuff, but I'm not here to critique lighthearted fun!
I enjoy the concept of this so far and I can't wait to see how it goes~

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Commented 3 times in a row, but like Canno's art is just chef's kiss

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

I'm not sure "Impregnable" is the best choice of words here, given the context lol

Her mind is impregnable, seems a good choice to me. Maybe you think that word means something that it doesn't?

im·preg·na·ble
/imˈpreɡnəb(ə)l/
adjective
(of a fortified position) unable to be captured or broken into.

I almost thought it was something else also...... I- <.<

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

I actually really like Akira so much more as a character after this chapter. We've seen her be a bit jealous before now, but she was still a mostly bland character imo but I enjoyed these ugly characteristics. Her feelings are certainly not positive and her ego certainly needs some work, but that's what I find appealing about it. She's a character that needs a lot of growth and change.

She needs to understand that Mayuki has grown up and isn't still that little girl she needs to protect. She needs to understand that she isn't "better" than Mayuki. She needs to come to understand why Rin likes Mayuki and what those feelings actually mean. She needs to get her jealousy and feelings under control. There's just so much room for great character development and if done well then I see it really strengthening the polycule as a whole.

If done well being the most important part. Rin and Mayuki have already built up a great dynamic. They're fluffy and sweet and those kiss scenes are so saucy! (Seriously, this manga has some of my favorite kiss scenes at the moment.) They're everything you really want in a yuri couple and they could probably pull off their own manga as a monogamous pairing. So, the introduction of Akira needs to feel like it adds to the relationship between all three characters rather than distracts from the relationship between Rin and Mayuki.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Akira changes the dynamic between these characters when she becomes more involved in the romance. I have hope and trust that that mangaka will be able to pull it off in a satisfying way.

I 100% agree

Really love that analysis :D clears up a lot of things and makes me even more invested in their development now.

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

HOLY

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

@OvO Same they're all so fucking precious it's almost not fair lol

@Amersion_ Ikr!! Hoping for a happy ending for all of themm... Though I can't currently imagine how that'll lookk

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 1:38AM

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Uh- were all the shower scenes necessary?? I guess it does set the tone of the manga????
It's okay I guessss hahhaha

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 1:57AM

OvO
Image Comments 17 Jul 20:21
Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020
76995972_p0

THE ART

OvO
Image Comments 17 Jul 20:20
Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020
Egdfx1bu0am9-t--orig

I know she's making a hickey, but I prefer to think she's blowing raspberries on her neck while grabbing some boob.

LMAO

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

I need MOAR

Though... I can't help but feel angsty reading love triangles :') I don't want anyone to be unhappy

OvO
School Zone discussion 17 Jul 19:59
Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

shouting from the distance: A love need not be one's first to be pure!

This is so important!!

Also I love this so far it's so funny!

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

YES PLZ OvO

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

One of my faves :)

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

I rlly like this series OnO I remember seeing it somewhere in Chinese before

OvO
Image Comments 14 Jul 01:53
Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020
Eoettohuyaai2g0-orig

I'm in love with this author's art :')

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

The art is gorgeous and the story is so good :')

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

awwwww

OvO
Mine discussion 14 Jul 01:36
Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Nice feature :3 really cute

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

I love how they just label it directly as "romance related trauma" :0
Like the concept! Looking forward to what happens (iffy about love triangles, but everyone's sweet and nice so far :3 )

last edited at Jul 14, 2020 1:30AM

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Awwwwwwwwwww everyone in this manga is so sweet =w=