Forum › Posts by rainbow8

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

You can love people without jealousy. The friend in chapter 1 could have been wrong.

But she could also have been right, and it turns out, she was.

joined Jan 14, 2020

$1000/week internship. >_>

I have doubts about the wholesomeness

Also I noted random f/f couples on the sidewalk. Is this a 404 work?

joined Jan 14, 2020

I didn’t realize it had been over a year but holy 11 chapter drop :)))

Yeah, it's been updating off and on on Mdex for a while, across 3 different groups. Currently two are sharing.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Heh, if you count the official release, there are now four scanlations for this manga. Two on MangaDex (one fast, one high-quality), then this one here on Dynasty, and then the official one.

While I haven't compared page to page, "this one here" is at least largely just a copy of some of the ones on Mangadex. E.g. chapter 23 is by HowFunScans on both sites, while a recent chapter is by Aoi Shoujo Scans on both sites, ASS being the "slower but more careful" group on Mangadex compared to FDAM.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I say read it anyway and if you're frustrated at the end go read ano koro no aoi hoshi for closure

(Aka Blue Star On That Day) Or just go read it anyway, frustrated or not. It is good, unabashedly yuri, and might even have more fish.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Fire magic -> cinder magic

Ellen -> Ella

Cinderella a la the classic fairy tale

I think it's a stretch, but that's the logic.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Ellen is an orphan, discovered for her talent in magic

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you mean by this, and I'm gonna start referring to them that way from now on.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheThingThatGoesDoink

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

I can sense a sunshower is up ahead.

niche reference absolutely no one will get.

I didn't have to websearch to know that sunshower = "fox's wedding", though I don't know details off hand.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Makes me think "let's take Frieren and Fern, and focus on making it explicit yuri".

joined Jan 14, 2020

Like all those guys who refused to hire her after they saw 21 on her cv? lol

Like the people Koto was afraid would judge her if she claimed Aya as her girlfriend. "lol"

last edited at Feb 14, 2024 7:07PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

whichever path she chooses, society will see her as an adult and she'll have to live with it.

Society's bureaucracy sees her as a 21 year old adult.

Society's people see her as a 14 year old kid, which she is.

She probably can't go back to school because she's an "adult" and she can't go to college, or date the people she knows without backlash, because she's a kid. "Catch-22" kind of applies.

don't seem so woeful when you think that she could be in another world surrounded by orcs

This isn't a useful analogy. Yeah, she's not in immediate physical danger a la orcs. OTOH the orc problem is kind of simpler: they want to stab you, you stab them back, you win or die. Aya's problem doesn't have a simple solution like that.

Also, I'd note that she's not in immediate physical danger because Koto is willing to take her in. But she's one bad fight (or two, if Erika could step up) away from being homeless. She has no money, she has difficulty getting a job because she "dropped out" of middle school. Even the common fallback of sex work would be problematic because she looks 14 (and _is_14. Though with her paperwork she could find a niche serving creepy people.)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Touko was playing a girl who forgot who she is, and people who "knew" her were trying to give her the picture who she "really" was. And all of them have subjective perception of her. (Yuu was playing a nurse, and Sayaka was her girlfriend, I hope you can recall now)

Oh, play amnesia, right. Thanks.

If Erika made Aya vanish, is this veering into The Melancholy of Erika Suzumiya? We've got the melancholy down pat. Tanabata, too...

last edited at Feb 12, 2024 5:07PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I really hope you are talking about amnesia.

What? I recall no amnesia in Bloom. (And no, I'm not making a joke.)

joined Jan 14, 2020

There's all this romance discussion, but more deeply, Aya is in this hellish situation. A legal 21 year old who didn't finish middle school and looks and acts 14, in a society that's oh-so-friendly to not meeting expectations.

Like really, she should go back to school, and suck up starting over her social life as a mysterious transfer student. Maybe Koto and Erika can be her guardians, if the government stepped in to fudge her paperwork. (Probably better for Erika to be her guardian, given everything...)

joined Jan 14, 2020

So, is the translator waiting for volume 2 to come out, to work on the whole thing?

joined Jan 14, 2020

So what exactly should Erika do? Just disappear?

joined Jan 14, 2020

I am surprised at how many people hate Erika. I know her actions are wrong, but the way she handles the situations is very interesting to me. And like some said. She is a well layered character with gray morality.

Which actions are wrong, even? She's done all the right things, AFAICT. It's just that she also has selfish thoughts. Which I can't blame her for.

joined Jan 14, 2020

4th page wasn't loading for me either, but I could download the chapter and read the whole thing.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Maybe toxic mom will eventually adopt Mashiro and let her inherit and run the school business.

slow clap

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm impressed Makino managed to squeeze that much money out of mom.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I really don't care about Mai anymore

I bet Baba would care. :p

joined Jan 14, 2020

Well in this case the odds of meeting are low to begin with...

joined Jan 14, 2020

Huh, looks like chapter 12 was Zumi's big infodump chapter. I wonder if she was even named earlier. (I think no.) She spoke up in 7, surprised that Umi was getting along with Shou, and telling her about the "eyes".

Looking at 13.2, a black ponytail with camera talks to Shou during the culture festival. Seems somewhat friendly, and looks a lot like Komatsu from 17.1, but she's called Kosugi. Then joined by two girls who look a lot like the rest of Shou's group. But 'brown' calls ponytail 'Kosugi' in 13.2, 'Komatsu' in 17.1. Unless they've changed intimacy since then, suggests it's really two different yet similar groups. Pity, I would have liked more continuity.

Kosugi-chan (to Umi) again in 14.1, with the "you're like Segawa's mom" line.

Also in 13.2, Ken is running a candle stand or something, and Ibu is... sitting to the side, looking away angrily. Quel surprise. I dunno what she's mad about, other than that being her default state when Umi isn't paying attention to her.

Then the bully group, who look like Umi, a more stylish, Yosshi, and the lovechild of Nae and Zumi. I have to say, clear visual distinction is not a strength of this manga.

I wouldn't bet heavily on Nae being WLW. Maybe she is just more touchy-feely. But she really is (by comparison with everyone else), with Umi specifically, and then her rather aggressive "I'd like to get to know you better" scene with Shou.

I dunno about Baba; she's drawn less conventionally attractive than others, could easily have liked boys without it going anywhere.