Forum › Posts by Simca

joined Jan 3, 2020

Yeeeeeeeesssss! This chapter was so good. It filled my heart for the day.

Simca
Yoru to Umi discussion 23 May 05:27
joined Jan 3, 2020

I thought this was the Yuri manga where love interest walk around the beach at night looking for her mom who is a mermaid or something.
Does anyone know the name of it?
I forgot the name.

That's this one: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/ano_koro_no_aoi_hoshi

Simca
Citrus + discussion 20 May 15:22
joined Jan 3, 2020

I like how this chapter directly addresses some points from the debate higher up this page about Mei's emotions, such as adding subtle blushing in some spots.

It's almost like the author read these comments before writing this chapter.

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is great. Simple but great.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Whether she succumbs or not isn't relevant. I don't understand ABO stuff enough to know this, but if she is compromising her own happiness by making this choice (especially at their age), then she is making a mistake.

joined Jan 3, 2020

There might be a nice story here but I was immediately repelled from the story by the completely straight-faced explanation that the author has chosen to set their story in a world where some people are inherently biologically superior.

That had me shrinking back like a vampire at the sight of a cross.

Alphas and Omegas really aren't superior, just different.

ABO is mainly used as an attempt to separate gender and sex more explicitly than our real society does. Female Alphas being women who are sexually male, and male Omegas being men who are sexually female.

On top of that premise, add in animal mating stuff because furry stuff is always wildly popular (though it is much less prevelant in Yuri honestly), and that's the Omegaverse.

Simca
joined Jan 3, 2020

^I always thought splitting up for college was silly. Most universities will have most courses unless you want something quite esoteric- surely its not that hard to find a good uni that has good courses for BOTH parties subject? Then you can both just go to that 1 and nobody has to compromise.

It depends on a lot of things. For some careers, the level of prestige of your university's program really matters (moreso for Doctorate or graduate degrees, but still even bachelor matters some). For others, that part is meaningless. Financial concerns are also significant, as scholarship and financial aid awards will be different for each person.

So, in some cases you are right and the inevitable 'college split up' drama is overblown. If both parties can be in secure financial situations and are going into careers where the degree is more important than where you get it, then yes, there's no reason a couple shouldn't just go to the same college and live together.

In other cases though, it can be pretty accurate.

^I always thought splitting up for college was silly. Most universities will have most courses unless you want something quite esoteric- surely its not that hard to find a good uni that has good courses for BOTH parties subject? Then you can both just go to that 1 and nobody has to compromise.

As someone who's enrolled at a private university, this is much harder than you might think. In the early years, yes it is possible to pick out general courses that help to pad out your schedule while letting you stay together, but unless you're REALLY clueless about your future plans, you eventually have to start picking courses that more align with your interests and future plans - and that means spending less time with your partner whether you intend to or not. It's especially difficult if you're at a 4 year university - those courses in later years become more difficult as they become more specialized, so short of being a genius with a natural talent for studying, you can kiss much free time goodbye. T_T

The point of going to the same university is less about being in the same courses together and more about living together, so that you can go to bed with and wake up next to your significant other (not to mention attending the same social functions for the most part).

last edited at May 15, 2021 4:07AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is outside my interests as well. I think it's too many different niche situations at once.

Incest + BDSM (specifically spanking) + very young characters + aggressively pushing another young character with little sexual experience into a sexual relationship + poly (or at the very least ambiguous relationship lines) = too much

None of those elements individually would put me off reading something (and I've read almost everything by Mira), but when combined, it's a bit much.

That said, I'll probably still skim future chapters in case it becomes more tame.

joined Jan 3, 2020

More high school Yuri without a comedy angle! Nice. That's become somewhat uncommon these days.

joined Jan 3, 2020

The second chapter reads like a PSA that says "Please communicate with your partner about sex".

I still liked it, though.

Simca
Yuri Manga discussion 10 May 02:36
joined Jan 3, 2020

Simple but nice.

joined Jan 3, 2020

What was the plot again?

"world harsh and cold, tiddy soft and warm" owo

That's the plot of real life.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Warning

Oh, it's that "I don't want a happy ending." series again. Not reading it.

There's actually a happy ending in this one, though.

last edited at May 5, 2021 8:02PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

This oneshot is pretty baffling. It's like somebody took five pages from a fully fleshed out manga story, replaced the last panel on the last page with an explosion, and called it a new story.

I'm not sure what the point of doing things like that was.

Simca
joined Jan 3, 2020

This was a fantastic way to subvert the standard blackmail trope. I loved it!

Can't wait for the last chapter.

Simca
Silent Snow discussion 02 May 08:01
joined Jan 3, 2020

Is psychosomatic muteness due to overstressing oneself from anxiety really a thing?

I've heard of people who are so anxious they can't get words out at times, people who lose their voice from stress for a bit, and people who choose not to speak (for many reasons), but her case seems like none of those situations. Even when she's by herself in her own room she can't speak. That seems odd.

last edited at May 2, 2021 8:01AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

By The Way, did you know? this author has a previous yuri work called Takane no Hana wa Usotsuki desu, it's similar, even the adult looks a lot like Sei (I think I've mentioned this before in early chapters)... So I have that as reference of how this story might end, but I doubt Flowerchild would pull a copy and paste so I'm also expecting a bad ending.

She has an even earlier work that isn't listed on either Mangadex or Dynasty Scans and exists nowhere in digital form called "Hungry for You: Endo Yasuko Stalks the Night".

It's a pretty weird vampire yuri with comedy elements; very dissimilar to this manga except in art style. Leads look fairly similar to Aya and Haruki (though substantially different personalities).

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 9:06AM

Simca
joined Jan 3, 2020

Yesssss. I love this manga so much that I ended up buying the series in Japanese just to look at the images before it was translated beyond chapter 2.

Very happy it is back.

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 9:07AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

I like this series a lot for some reason. Most stories don't resonate strongly with me emotionally, but this one does, which is really weird because it's not remotely relatable for me.

joined Jan 3, 2020

I was very happy with how this chapter played out. Hinako has some love-esque feels here and only slightly denies them to herself.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Hang on a minute, if they're mock-battling each other, doesn't that mean our heroine loses either way? If she loses, she loses the bet and has to leave. If she wins, Lady Claire doesn't make the cut, whereas Rei DOES have to make the cut in order to win the bet. . . . wouldn't that mean they'd be separated?
Unless it's a round robin of some sort . . . I'm kind of assuming two rounds of fights, each eliminating half so that from 20 you go down to 5.

It's been a bit since I last read the LN, but if I remember right there's basically 'style points' in the voting. Flair and skill as well as winning is important, and the points are what matter rather than fundamental duel outcomes, otherwise it would be vastly unfair based on people's elemental skill types.

Yeah, based on the WN and LN, honestly it doesn't seem like winning is strongly considered at all - it's about the skill shown in the battle.

This is probably because it would be unfair if, for example, the two most powerful people got matched up and one eliminated another even though they both would be top 5 normally.

joined Jan 3, 2020

This oneshot had some serious April Fools' energy to it, had to double-check my calendar... but nope, seems official to me. :D

Yeah I was thinking that too.

joined Jan 3, 2020

So the secret to weight loss is being depressed and obsessed with something while neglecting everything else
Good to know.

I mean, I can personally vouch for this. Turns out if you eat nothing, you do lose weight (and not all of it is water, just most of it).

I wouldn't recommend it though.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Dear god, this chapter was fucking great. The feels and the whole confrontation just feeled so liberating.

True catharsis.

Strongly agreed. I got a nice cry from it and a blanket of sadness to wrap myself in.

joined Jan 3, 2020

moving schools is so dramatic at that age, huh?

Depends. I hated school and had few friendships, none more than superficial until maybe last year of high school. And even those friends I eventually left without a word (though, I was surprised that two of them did track me down and attempt to reach out).

I am sure several others in the community here have had similar experiences.