Forum › Posts by Karretch

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

@RandomFanZ Just so you know, her codename is Sanguinaria, Sang with an A, not a U. It's a flower also commonly called Bloodroot, blood in Latin being "sanguis" from looking to make sure what the exact actual root word is.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

I, too, am onboard for possible Mayu ship.

Sensei end-goal is the conventional set-up, but maybe we're gonna get the wrench that is Mayu properly stuck in the gears.

We're just gonna have to see how the dynamics play out and how long they last.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Man. Always right in the feels.

joined Jul 28, 2019

I more or less get what direction that conversation between Jin-Ran and the senpai went but I'm still so confused. How did it jump around so much like that and still stay on the same few pages?

Because drunk, but also because, until the end, senpai was trying to avoid the topic of Jin-Ran liking her. It's a scary situation, as she explained.

joined Jul 28, 2019

seeing the direction this is going, I just know I'm gonna cry like a baby at the end

Either she's being a sly ghost despite being in a not so physical state that would simply make being sly a mean move on her part or she is in fact just all in her lovers' head.

at this point I'm pretty sure it's all in Haruki's head, since she's slowly wrapping up everything about Sakura in her life (visiting her parents after so long, tidying up her work corner, finishing the diary), or that's how I see it at least

That's the most logical conclusion, but I can't shake the feeling that now that TWO people have seen Sakura out of the corner of their eye there's something more going on. Yes, it could just be the moment of reminiscence bringing up memories, especially since both were locations they all were together with Sakura. I'm still feeling that something being off. I can't tell what, but it's more than just ghost vs delusion.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Ok, this one got me teared up.

joined Jul 28, 2019

It sucks that the parents were even able to out scumbag Makino's expectations of scumbaggery

Came to comments to say basically same thing but you beat me to it. sigh Man...

joined Jul 28, 2019

OH? OH HOHO?! Is she actually a ghost and not just a coping mechanism?

joined Jul 28, 2019

YESSSSSS LET GOOOOOOOO

joined Jul 28, 2019

So, last page of Chapter 1, that bandage around the ring finger is pretty torn up. Foreshadowing to a flashback showing they met long ago.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Surprised by the use of atlatl.

last edited at Jun 25, 2023 8:10AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

I don't super get the whole "im just the dad that abandoned him" perspective. Maybe if he really is that resentful, Satsuki wouldn't be receptive seeing his dad, but like. Mom has full custody. He can't see his kids, but if one of them is in trouble, can't he go see him?? I think it's worse in the long run that Uncle is hiding that he knows his dad. I've never been in that sort of situation before, though, so this is me just wondering.

I also wonder if Satsuki will work through his "het" attraction, or if he'll discover gay people exist and he's one of them.

That could be one angle, but I still feel this is a literal confession of guilt. Satsuki is probably aware of homosexuality, it's harder and harder nowadays not to, it's just that he is gynophilic at this point. Does this mean he can't break through that? No, but that's a hurdle he's just starting to approach. He's realized the attraction, but it's in a way that is not respectful of Rika and so he's stuck in guilt mode right now. We'll see him work through it.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

That intimate moment where they spilled the peaches in the beginning seems like teasing now. What a frustrating yuri; what am I supposed to gain from a story that uses every cultural "hurdle" to make themselves miserable? Once you are 18 you are beholden to no one, full stop.

You're forgetting how much family means to one's status in some cultures. How much the name of your family can control how others can see you.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Is Aizawa just wanting Michi and Kasumi to be friends or is all the flowery background and that face meaning she's shipping them?

joined Jul 28, 2019

From what Sena said, I wouldn't be surprised if her breakup with Makino's sister was over having to pretend to be a man in front of their family and/or her sister's shame in being unable to introduce Sena as a woman/girlfriend.

What was her name...? Reina. I'll try to remember it.

No doubt about it, all the conventions and the way it's set up this is definitely the case. Sena is definitely sad and fed up with Reina pretending when she'd rather be open about it.

joined Jul 28, 2019

All y'all saying she just needs to wear the glasses again, I think you're right.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Yesssss. LORE.

I had a feeling earlier and it's not held up by any real evidence yet, but my genre savviness is pointing to Utaho's previous life as the scapegoat villain instead of actually one, or at the least someone who did "evil" things in self defense. Conventions point to Melua being the Hero, emphasis on the big H, but again I'm thinking this is a twist.

Something about the facial expression of "villain" and the amount of soldiers in power armor during the memory flash doesn't sit nicely to me

Welp, I guess I was right.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

So, if it took 7 months for the last scanlations to reach here but it was licensed and thus shouldn't be here, was there something that happened with the license?

joined Jul 28, 2019

There's also a bit of weirdness in Kasumi saying chapter 3 was the 2nd time she and Michi spoke, while Michi did say she'd never spoken to anyone since school started. Could be important.

Edit: the thing about Kasumi and Michi having a first meeting that Michi doesn't remember means that at their "first" conversation, Kasumi calling Michi "Michi-chan" was foreshadowing this whole time. This manga is so good lol. This would also imply that whatever was possessing Michi at the time was posing as her and could talk, unlike Aizawa.

Running with this idea, I'll take it further and say that the little girl we saw in Ch 8 wasn't an illusion or a memory and is actually something/someone that's tied to Michi but staying hidden, maybe a sibling that died young, maybe even a twin.

last edited at May 20, 2023 6:29AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

The meows had me ugly sobbing.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Did anyone find the creepy reflection/haunt in chapter 10? Apart from the caricature on the bridge, which I wouldn't think would count, I scoured the chapter and couldn't see it.

joined Jul 28, 2019

The mask had to slip at some point! Lets go!

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Honestly I've completely lost track of any sort of plot here lol

Same. I'm still reading cuz it's cute, but I've lost all sense of what sort of progression is going on with who and chiefly when.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Who takes a pair of scissors with them to kill someone, oh right it was to cut her hair.

At least we have no age gap this time, means we get some romance before an 8year skip or something :')

Scissors are at least a bit more inconspicuous than a knife, especially as a woman during that time where on-the-fly sewing repairs were common enough.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Say...

Would Hinako x Miko fall under size diff?

From the little glimpse we saw of Shiori's true form it would no matter which way it went.