Forum › Posts by Jeanne Mathison

joined May 24, 2019

It would be fantastic if Kurumi put her foot down like this.

But of course it's not what's going to happen, sigh. Usui Shio wants Rio to stay with them to stir up the stagnant waters.

At the present state of things, Kurumi and Ruriko are perfectly happy with their chaste sexless marriage and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. If things go on like this, they're going to make love for the first time, oh, when they're 55 or about. Usui wrote herself into a corner and Rio is the solution she came up with to work her way out of the impasse.

"What, you and Ruriko sleep in different rooms? But aren't you married? So when do you have sex? You don't?!? Kurumi-san, that's too cruel! Poor Ruriko! Why, when we were living together in Paris I ate her pussy every - single - night! What? Why, yes, of course Ruriko is a lesbian!! You're her wife and you didn't know?"

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

what in bloody hell are you on? when an speciest is seeing your humans as nothing but food and has the ability to harm you and already did, she is nothing but rightfully angry about it! will do the same if they did that to me, I will see them too as just monsters that hurt you

Congrats! you are (fantasy) racist! Obviously succubi don't universally harm humans, or else there would never have been a peace treaty and stuff in the first place

These days nobody writes stories where "evil" is in people's genes and a whole species (or race or nation) is the spawn of Satan. The idea that a natural diabolic taint is from birth in somebody's blood has become distasteful. It's because it makes one recall the attitude that, for centuries, many members of the white race had towards darker-colored peoples.

last edited at Sep 8, 2022 1:58PM

joined May 24, 2019

Heck, if memory's right, that was how the hand-holding meme came into being: at the time, the climax of the love story came when one girl held the other's hand and they both blushed!

I always thought it started with Uranus / Neptune and their famous hand-holding moment. —"These hands are dirtied from doing evil deeds..." —"Not true, I love your beautiful hands!"

joined May 24, 2019

Read this page for more information on the connotations the term "yuri" has in Japan that it usually doesn't in the Western fanbase.

[pic snip]

Um.

Keep in mind: that conversation took place ~13 years ago. Not saying that definitions have changed, but no reason to assume they haven't, especially when you're looking at generational differences.

They have changed alright. That definition is very 2010-ish. People used to complain all the time that girl x girl romance in manga was full of platonic ambiguity and avoided gay stuff like the plague, but not anymore. I'm following at the moment a couple dozen manga in Dynasty reader and there's not one that doesn't have lesbian desire and lesbian sex.

last edited at Sep 6, 2022 10:43PM

Jeanne Mathison
Liberta discussion 04 Sep 15:15
joined May 24, 2019

Um, no, Komari, that's not it at all! It's the power of the Sire/Childe Bond, see, that links those who...

Ah, whatevs. ¯⧵_(ツ)_/¯

joined May 24, 2019

Lately, the faces Makino keeps making...
She's getting more and more like Toudou from Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Oh, that's painfully plausible. I know a lot of people in healthy poly relationships, probably the majority of my social circles, but I have never seen trying to open a previously-exclusive relationship after one partner has already kissed someone else behind their partner's back go well.

Your social circles must be vaster than the sample population of a Kinsey report.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Damn do I love monster society slice of life. Where can I find more of stuff like this and a centaur's life?

Tokimeki Mononoke Jogakkou, 15 chapters, completely scanlated by Lililicious.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I have a feeling the mangaka has watched Ishuzoku Reviewers.

The "golem" doesn't look like any of the normal, more typical versions of a golem. Its body looks like an articulated marionette. But that's exactly how the golems in Reviewers were: in the golem brothel, you could build your ideal ho using detached puppet pieces and then animate it. This is exactly what Shion does! and her golem reacts to commands in a similar way as the golem brothel's girls.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Tmb hay bastante información sobre el pasado de Sam, la familia, el colegio y todo eso.

¡El origen secreto de Khun Sam!
Gracias por el dato, esas chicas de Panda están on fire sacando traducciones a supervelocidad.

joined May 24, 2019

Owari.

joined May 24, 2019

I love this series to bits, I really do. But right now I feel like a whole story arc was missing. That day, at the beach, when the system made Yvonne cut Elsa, when she was forced to face the fact that she was a terrible danger to Elsa, she made a hard decision: cut all ties with Elsa, make her leave the house and never speak to her again. It was all for Elsa's own good. Yvonne was especially cruel that day, since she wanted Elsa to hate her... and when Elsa finally left, heartbroken and in tears, Yvonne was like "Good! Mission accomplished!"

But then next chapter Yvonne was desperately pining for Elsa. She wanted Elsa to forget everything, return to her and start living with her again. All her resolutions from the previous day were forgotten. And Elsa obliged as if nothing had happened. And now they are together again, as sappy and lovey-dovey as before, and here I am wondering what the eff was the purpose of that shitstorm of angst before. This is serious bad writing, as if the author was saying: OK readers you got to see the girls suffer for a while, you got to go "Aww poor bay-beez!" at them, that's enough dark pleasure for now, let's go back to the usual flirty shenanigans!

I want to believe it's a problem of the adaptation to comic. I hope the novel has much, much more development on the process (mostly the psychological side of things) that leads to the reconciliation of these two. I'll be really sad and disappointed otherwise.

joined May 24, 2019

Little girls are touchy-feely little things. Imagine an adult in the changing room, looking at the little girls get naked, then getting naked herself, then going for a big ole skinship feast. The idea is terrifying...

Sez you. o3o
If Itou Hachi writes and draws it, I'll read the living heck out of that shit.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yeah you know what? fuck it! LMAO I'm not even going to question how they got there, let's just enjoy it hahahahaha

Lucky you. Me, I question like a muthafucka. How the hell did they move from the moment Riri caught them canoodling (after most unexplainedly getting in Karin's appartment with a key of her own and a bag of booze) to a threesome!?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

This trope is a personal peeve of mine. Guy is in a relationship with a woman, or has declared his love for and is courting a woman, then he's caught being unfaithful. The woman is understandably angry because of his insincerity, but what's his reaction? He bloats with pride, shows a big shit-eating grin, and goes: "Hahaha you really love me, huh? You're crazy for me, huh? That's why you're batshit jelly right now, huh? Admit it, you can't stand other women around me and you're hopping with jealousy 'cause you love me so terribly! God, I'm such a WINNER!" No remorse, no guilt, no shame, he's just pleased with himself and happy that he hurt her. I dunno why some writers think this how a cool lead reacts in that kind of situation. I find it gross and infuriating.

And it looks like in fact the trope is not limited to male characters. You can make a female seductress rotten and conceited like that, and it's just as gross and disgusting.

joined May 24, 2019

Por la vida tirando alborozo,
Todo el día brillante te ves.
Laburando estás llena de gozo,
Y decís ganbaru en francés.

(Versos para un tango dedicado a Yuuko)

Love it! I can almost hear the music lol (in my head it sounds like something by Collazo...)

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I don't think Watanabe's gArDeN oF yUrI is going to survive the concentration of firmly grounded common fucking sense Yoshioka and Sana have between them... :P

Aw it'll be fine. Lillian Girls' Academy saw much more extreme girls stroll through its beautiful gardens with a load of common fucking sense dynamite in their arms -- and survived just peachy.

Some of them were OGs, even.
(cough) Yoshino (cough)

joined May 24, 2019

What could exactly be a look, or a type of make-up, that makes you look like you'll kill anyone who rubs you the wrong way or says a wrong line?

That's a very good question that allows us to illustrate well the differences between Western and Asian sensibilities.

In the West, the answer to your question would be something like this:

In Japan, the answer to your question is something like this:

Japan is different, of course.

joined May 24, 2019

"All seduction is based on deception."
In the words of Sun Tzu, or his playboy cousin, I don't remember anymore.

Hahaha. Was that a Michel Régnier reference?

But srsly you people talking about how tricking others to seduce them is bad don't seem to understand how the Japanese think about these things... which in a forum of manga fans is fairly bizarre to say the least.

Nobody remembers one Tenou Haruka?

Especially manga Haruka, hm?
Usagi: "Haruka, are you a boy or a girl?"
Haruka: "Oh sweetheart... boy, girl, what's the difference?"
(then she grabs Usagi and gives her a KISS that mindblanks her for five minutes... she only snaps out of it when her friends arrive and ask what's she's doing just sitting on the ground with a besotted look on her face)

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what springtime is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words
(choking up a bit)
Darling kiss me.

Which voice? Asuka, Rei or Misato?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Lmfao, and I was trying to figure how these girls had competed for who can pee farther xD
There's a HUGE difference between a staring contest and a pissing contest

It is a figure of speech. Not a literal contest.

Also, women can piss farther than men. (bit point ly slash 3yOelI2)

Lol at the watersports pics.

Anything a man can do, a woman can do better! >:D

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Two chapters at once! Yay!

Suddenly, the characters multiply. I wonder if Zhu Ci had a romantic relationship with Zhixu's big sister?

joined May 24, 2019

Yvonne is planning to hitch Elsa to her Leinster cousin, right? Come on, nobody mentioned it yet but I can't be the only one who thought of it!
Remember? Two chapters before we got a lengthy exposition about Yvonne's relatives the Leinsters. There was a Leinster boy who was Yvonne's cousin (her mother's sister's son) and he was about her age and they got along well. When I read it, I asked myself: "Why the info dump? Why should we care about these people?" But I get it now. I'm willing to bet money that the Leinster cousin has the same looks as Yvonne and matches Elsa's description of "her type" perfectly!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

But what did the Gayru wanted to hear?

I don't know if you spelled GYARU as GAYRU on purpose, or it was an accident.

In any case, kudos! Good job! :D

joined May 24, 2019

Slimes have uses.