Forum › Posts by Madeleinedupris

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

What's up with this old school drama? First Onii-sama E, now this gahd everyone be dying

Yuri manga from 70s and 80s usually have a bad ending, with death or separation. We had to wait 90s, especially Sailor Moon (1992) to have a positive depiction of Yuri.

I don't know but I pretty sure this was the very first yuri manga

the mangaka's first? and if that is true, no matter how sad this story was, it's still a really nice piece of work.

Shiroi is usually considered as the "first yuri", as it was written in 1971. But technically it's Shīkuretto rabu, dated from 1970. A perfect love-triangle between two girls and one boy. As Shiroi it's a bad ending as the three ends up alone after some suicide attempt and on.

But Shīkuretto rabu was forgotten by history and everyone remember Shiroi as the "first yuri". I even didn't find any scan of Shīkuretto.
If someone finds it, I'm very interested by it BTW!

See here for more information about the first yuri (and yuri in general).

Lol didn’t Uranus and Neptune die a couple of times? Although they were revived in the end

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I’m looking for a super old manga. The black haired girl was named Simone or something like that (not certain), and a guy killed her by accident bc of rage so it had a sad ending.

Maybe this?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shiroi_heya_no_futari

Must be, you can't get older than that. It's listed as 1st yuri one in modern history:
http://www.yuricon.com/oldessays/shoujo-yuri-manga-guide/

Oh wow this website really helps me find the older ones. Thanks

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I’m looking for a super old manga. The black haired girl was named Simone or something like that (not certain), and a guy killed her by accident bc of rage so it had a sad ending.

Maybe this?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shiroi_heya_no_futari

Yeah, that’s the one. Thanks

Madeleinedupris
Gentleman Jack 24 May 18:20
joined Apr 8, 2019

Whether they added stuff in or not—Her life was itself drama xD Her diary survived, and it showed that she had intimate relationships with women. Her notable relationships were the high school girl (who was part Indian) who became depressed after their breakup and Anne’s infidelity, the long term relationship in which her partner married a man and broke off the relationship due to not wanting to be exposed as a lesbian any further, and the woman she got “married” to.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

^Guardian, I really dig your username

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Ah, right; I think the idea of only one soul mate is just a myth (we would have to prove souls even exist first lol). But there is definitely intense love, the one gut-felt where you have that magnetic obsessive attraction; the love you feel for someone when you really want to be in a relationship and they happen to be lovely, cute and there for you; the love you feel for someone when you are very compatible and thus rarely fight; the love you feel for someone when they really understand you and vice-versa etc.

Those are all flavours of love so to speak, but I would say the one depicted the most in fiction (and that maybe inspired Plato to create the soul mate myth) is the first one. And yes maybe because it happens to be mutual very rarely,

Exactly, you don’t know who you’re gonna end up with since there are millions of people out there that fit your “ideal,” so the one who makes it to you first and proves themselves is who you end up loving deeply.

last edited at May 24, 2019 4:52AM

Madeleinedupris
Othello discussion 24 May 04:40
joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol how cruel, so no sexual attraction=cannot be a friendship? What kind of relationship is that lmao. But at the same time, I’m glad this story was written. There really are lesbians like this girl, one who is only seeking a sexual/dating partner. It’s quite realistic and risky. Otsu Hiyori is a master at writing quirky characters that feel like actual people.

last edited at May 24, 2019 4:47AM

Madeleinedupris
Their Story discussion 24 May 04:37
joined Apr 8, 2019

So, Qui Tong's "Daddy" didn't have what it took to be real father... So he walked out on her? Well, that's why she has Sun Jing in her life, who'll never abandon her.

Yeah, yuri works have to include some kind of dark traumatic past lol.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Hmm... “am I cuter than Amane?” seems like she was envious of Amane somehow?... Is she one who seeks validation? Or does she have the hots for our MC lol

last edited at May 24, 2019 4:32AM

Madeleinedupris
VAMPEERZ discussion 19 May 20:55
joined Apr 8, 2019

Though the "eating normal food" most of the time to get on while "sucking blood to stay immortal" thing makes me ask why she needs to have someone stab her to end her immortality; why not just stop sucking blood like a relentless loli mosquito?

In some lores, vampires and werewolves die from a stab in the heart with something silver. Silver bullets also kill werewolves.

Madeleinedupris
Citrus + discussion 19 May 20:53
joined Apr 8, 2019

I only like the art and Harumi, and that's it lol. I actually think if the art wasn't as great, this wouldn't be so successful. But well, the characters independently are not boring too, but together they don't bring anything.

Exactly, without the art this is just like any other bland yuri harem out there.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol looks like he took notes from Asagi Ryuu

joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol neither of this siscon stuff is real. Anyone who has grown up with a sister will absolutely hate the idea xD I grew up with two and I cannot stand them lmao. They’re still the little punks from my childhood.

last edited at May 18, 2019 7:54PM

Madeleinedupris
Elena discussion 18 May 09:46
joined Apr 8, 2019

Somehow I feel like this would have worked really well without being yuri, but damn Elena is so fine though xD

Madeleinedupris
Citrus + discussion 18 May 07:35
joined Apr 8, 2019

I think the goldfish in my tank have more chemistry than the characters in this series lol.

I love Yuzu though, she actually tries to go somewhere with all this.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

The only thing keeping me here is the art.

there are some things i love about the art, and some i dislike. the final panel of chapter 3 with the reflection is great, but for some reason i don't love how their faces are drawn, particularly amane.

also, this panel bothered me. not sure why she's missing an eye...
(https://i.imgur.com/MzMM8b7.png)

Perhaps it was an artistic choice to depict hidden motives.

last edited at May 14, 2019 10:36AM by Nezchan

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Ah I see what might have happened.

Pigtails slept with that Senpai after taking the Sunset Girl Photo for “comfort” after crying. Maybe that’s why they broke up for good?

last edited at May 13, 2019 6:38PM

joined Apr 8, 2019

Thank god no one mistranslated it as DiCaprio lmao.

joined Apr 8, 2019

To the people who are asking why she is wearing a mask-she is wearing it bc of her hay fever.

Asians, specifically Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese, wear masks because of these reasons:
-Hay fever, allergies, colds, and other illnesses that make you cough and sneeze. It’s their way of not wanting to infect others.

-They want to cover plastic surgery marks, especially nose surgeries and chin contouring surgeries.

-In Asia, you sometimes get yellow dust storms in certain seasons. Masks are a way to prevent yourselves from breathing in this dust.

-Some people think masks also protect you from fumes and dust in streets.

-Like someone else pointed out, some people do it because they really don’t wanna talk to anyone lmao. They’re like the people who wear earphones and blast music super loudly so that they wouldn’t have to listen to anyone call out to them haha.

last edited at May 11, 2019 7:39AM

joined Apr 8, 2019

How do you know if you liked if you haven't actually read it?
She clearly says she has a hay fever in part one.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/from_aiu_station_on_the_hiragana_line#5
Great way to start the thread over.

Way to be a prick.

Madeleinedupris
Image Comments 11 May 01:53
joined Apr 8, 2019
Kiki

Lol is this the part where she says she hates her grandma’s fish pie?

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Polkes posted:

Where is this from?
https://i.imgur.com/OBp13E4.png

Looks like characters from this series, but not 100% sure.

It’s not that series. I read it two times before but that was not a scene.

Hope Polkes finds someone who knows though lol

last edited at May 6, 2019 8:04AM

joined Apr 8, 2019

Watching Utena was literally life-changing for me.

I agree, it was a very well-thought out show for adolescents. I was actually very surprised at how accurate the depictions of students were to those in real life. High school students do indeed act dramatic or treat people with disrespect out of insecurity. And there’s also the theme of love—Juri’s also somewhat like me when I first found out I could love somebody who was a girl lol. And there’s also Miki, who knows incest is wrong to society so tries to find a replacement for his sister in Anthy.

last edited at May 5, 2019 9:19PM

Madeleinedupris
Delete Account 05 May 21:16
joined Apr 8, 2019

Who’s being hostile though? I see people replying with intelligent long threads, but they seem like healthy arguments to me. I would just say to ignore them.