Forum › Posts by Samcaesar

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

I've been wondering about that, actually.

Maki, all this time, has been living with her mom and sis at their family home. Do you think Midori will move in with them and make it a four-woman family? (And, if the kid is a girl, a five-woman family?) Or do you think Maki will get an apartment to live alone with Midori?

I myself like the first option, very much so. I'm very partial to extended families, I think they are good for the children. And Maki's mom, the way she was talking at first, seemed to be hinting that Midori would now live with them as a new member of their family. But then she said something that surprised me: "Momo, this will be a good chance for you to stop sponging off me, too." HUH? Does this mean Maki's mom wants Maki to gtfo of her house and find her own place, now that she's got a partner??

Too many confusing signals. I wonder what they're going to do...

I mean 'You're apart of the family, Midori. Maki, you gotta leave the nest sometime' is pretty valid imho. Spend the holidays together, keep in touch, help each other out, etc. etc. Plus her Mom does seem to be the sort to tease her daughters in kind of a dry way, I'm sure she didn't mean for Maki and Midori to live elsewhere immediately.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Regarding it wrapping up too neatly, and the happy ending falling outside of the range of tone the story offered up until now:

the confrontations.... And I feel pretty good about it.

Really excellent and interesting analysis! :0

This manga, to the very end, kept thwarting the hopes of all those readers who, judging by previous comments, wanted the conflicts in the story to be solved through savage violence.

They never got the violent, American-movie-style resolution they wanted. Instead, the characters showed us what's the Japanese way of doing it.

I... Don't really think this is a particularly an America/Japanese difference? Just... Look at all the violence/action centered manga that exists. Just Midori nor Maki are people who'd particularly punch someone, maybe if pushed to a degree, but it never came to that.

That said, I like the Doumyou scene, I still think people are overtly cruel towards her. Like she legit didn't know Tazune was physically abusive and she ended up wanting them to be happy.

And re:Tazune, if he was a real person, I'd hope he'd get help and stay the fuck away from Midori for literally forever outside of Maybe sending her money or something. That said! He's not and on top of that, didn't even show remorse. So fuck, I'll light the pyre myself with him on it.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

God I fucking teared up during this chapter. The shit about Maki going with the flow in a lot of her life hit like home and then the shit her mom says on page 12 just made me so happy. I don't want to see this series go, but I'm glad it happened ;w;

God this is the cutest stuff man im
My leopard gecko crawling on my phone rn is happy for them too

Your leopard gecko has very good taste in yuri and you should reward them for it.

joined Sep 13, 2018

Yeah, when your asking "why won't she have sex with me?" You've sailed clear past Class-S conventions. The use of "straight" here is so bizarre. Maybe it's a translation thing where there's only terms for "lesbian" and for "everyone else"? It wouldn't be surprising if the terminology centered men and how available women are to them.

That's what I figured, or at least some degree of "Never been with a woman before" like, bicurious or w/e. Also playing off the phrase straight as in she's pretty nroaml too.

That said, god this is good as hell, and I'm excited to see more. The senpai's fucking hilarious

joined Sep 13, 2018

Well! I'm glad the cat is finally out of the bag. I hope the series continues on, because I desperately love androgynous girls and Kanda literally fools (the albeit apply described sheltered) Ookuma into thinking she's a boy.It'd be fun to see their dynamic more too, especially given the big deal's happened and all. Plus I'm a sucker for girls realizing they're gay as fuck and struggling to accept that, though the tone of this series makes me doubt we'll get the latter half.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

We all know that Texas prefer apple pie.

Texas has a harem. There's Exusiai, Sora, Lappland, and to some degree Red.

Well except Applepie ... a variety of unwilling harem lead. :v

Tbh Texas seems like someone who's dealing with a lot of shit internally due to whatever the hell made her leave the mafia for Penguin Logistics, and given that I can both imagine her enjoying a slightly romantic relationship with Exusiai, something really casual or w/e. And maybe once she works on opening up and dealing with whatever, I'm sure her and Sora could have some fun together too. Lappland needs the rocks cured in her head/body and context to whatever the fuck their former relationship even was, but I certainly don't mind it currently as like as this whole yandere type deal. Total headcanon here, but personally I'd like to imagine Lappland was paid to be Texas's personal assassin after the former lost her whole family and given an oripathy riddled body that Definitely effected her head, so when Texas left the mafia, the already traumatized and magic-rock diseased Lupo became obsessed with trying to bring back the 'old Texas' for any semblance of her stable-but-awful past returning.

That all said, I wear thick yuri goggles to the point where I even think Waai Fu and Texas have a good rivalmance potential going just from their shit in Code of Brawl, so clearly biased.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Well that was a story I guess! I dunno, maybe I'm particularly blase about it because it felt like a lot of drama for not much in the end. Maybe I'm also just kinda big 'shrugs' by the end of it because I mostly come to here for sapphic stuff, not a weird not-real love triangle between what ends up being a cishet guy, a trans man, and a gay dude that just ends up with the MC shacking up with the pretty girl he knew online through his crossdressing profile.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

I dunno why folks still have it against Doumyou so hard, like shit she didn't like, immediately gossip about her coworker being gay or w/e, just told that coworker's fiancee that she was cheating on him which is why she was maybe gone longer than expected.

I'm really hoping Doumyou learns the truth about it from Midori or something and really makes Tazune miserable when Doumyou won't act as his rebound or w/e.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

This chapter is a real good cartharsis ;_; I wonder what the last two chapters will have, but I can hope they'll be good and just feature Midori and Maki being happy.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

I don't mean she called him to ask him to take her back. I mean she was assuming that Midori was going to go back on her own, but she also knows now that Tazune can get violent when he's upset, and she knows Maki has been ignoring his calls and texts. My thinking was that she might have called him to try and give him some kind of story that would abate his temper, Like "Hey, Midori asked me to call because her cell doesn't get reception here in (current location) but she isn't ignoring you so don't be mad at her she's coming home soon." Like her goal was just to make sure he didn't have a violent outburst at her whens he inevitably returned. In this hypothetical situation, she wouldn't have expected him to come find them based on her story, she just would have been trying to keep him from getting mad at Midori.

She wasn't considering the possibility that Midori was really seriously considering leaving Tazune for her, which is why when Midori actually proposes exactly that, she's stupified.

See, I just don't think that makes any sense. Hell Maki's smart, she sniffed Tazune was bad shit the second she met him basically. She knows Tazune got violent with Midori, I imagine she's smart enough to know trying to abate his anger or w/e wouldn't work either, especially considering (And I wouldn't be surprised if Maki and Midori talked details off page) Tazune smacked her for literally nothing. Like feeling a little out of it because you kind of expect to wake up from a nice time doesn't mean you're gonna call your girlfriend's abuser to try and hopefully chill him out or w/e. Plus you'd think she'd bring it up or something after Midori kind of cemented "No I really, really want to be with you. But what to be do about him?"

That said, I can't imagine a fight happening. Last thing Tazune would wanna do is to get himself in real deep trouble assaulting his ex fiancee and then Maki lmao. He's an asshole and a creep, but him hitting Midori was the mask slipping imho rather than an established go to. Would he resort to violence in the future? Yeah, I'd think so. In a public place with a pregnant woman and her friend? He'd have to be as stupid as a brick to do that.

Also: SmallFriendlyScorpion, can I just say the name is good and the icon is real good.

last edited at May 8, 2020 4:16AM

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

I hope it's something like that, but I'm a bit worried about Maki's behavior in this chapter. She wasn't around for Midori's "we're lovers" proclamation, she was absolutely stunned at the "I wanna spend my life by your side" proposal. And given her behavior, I get the sense that she was just waiting for the dream to end and for Midori to go back to Tazune. Given that, she might have messaged or called Tazune herself, thinking she could smooth things over for Midori. That "I have to go back for my phone" bit just feels a little suspicious to me.

I don't think she messaged Tazune, I don't think she even knows his number cause she's hated him even before the reveal of him smacking Midori.

Tbh I think Tazune's just a creep and figured out where she'd be or something. He's about a very short step from that level of super controlling asshole, hell all it needed was someone like Midori who tries to slip away from him.

joined Sep 13, 2018

dunno. Style and pose, I guess. ^^ As I said, I understand it's supposed to be ambiguous, but something about it makes me more inclined to go "there's a guy under there".

I'm more inclined to say "There's a butch under there" if you'd ask me! :P In any case, it's suppose to be ambiguous. If they showed anything on the more 'feminine' side of things with the doctor's art, like a 'feminine pose' or indication of breasts, then it kind of stops being ambiguous, no?

I'm glad to see more Arknights stuff here. The series is ripe for yuri content. Angst with Scavenger trying to get over her past girlfriend, Rhine's labs has Saria/Silence and Mayer/Magellen and all of them get to be Ifrit's moms, Texas/Lappland angst with Texas/Exusiai good times, Projekt Red, her weird trait to terrify lupos, her love of fluffy tails, and any other Lupo gal operator, and the list goes on!

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Since the question was why it keeps happening in mangas, I was talking about them in general, not just this series, but in that case that leaves "insane asian standards of what normal, thin and chubby/fat looks like".

I mean, diet culture is pretty universal, society has ridiculous standards for what's healthy and what's 'too fat' and its one of the reasons (a very strong reason at that) for eating disorders and the like

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Sounds like my PC, who was lawful good and cribbed from magical girls and other anime heroines for her personality. Talking to NPCs, keeping promises, opposing torture... as the only good PC in the party. (Not my fault, I declared character first.)

To be fair, while she was the nicest of the party, when I rolled poorly she'd dragon out and if it was a Real Poor Roll something would probably die. Perfect for some fun drama and self loathing!

i’m getting impatient; i want “lesbian moms raising a kid together” endgame /now!/

God we can only hope orz

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 7:56PM

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

I'm curious as to why Akari first assumed cheating of all things (Maybe a translation deal?) because Shiho doesn't seem like the type to do that nor does Akari seem the type to assume that.

That said! Cute chapter, it's nice to see Shiho's family some and learn that she's kind of always been like this.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Y'all must be a hoot playing D&D: "Actually, if you look at it from the screaming hordes of orcs' point of view . . . "

(I kid, I kid, out of love. But JFC . . .)

To be fair, as a doumyou sympathesizer, I have saved two bandits who tried to mug the party from drowning after a fellow party member flung them into the river, then spent two health potions to make sure they weren't gonna die so you're not far from the money. I was the moral center of the group and spared many a would be enemy lives (I also ended plenty but that's besides the point).

I admittedly mostly use another popular manga site because I like being able to follow the stuff I read that's on there but not on here at the same time

oh my god the comments are something. I guess everyone there who reads this is reading it because they identify with tazune and are rooting for the uppity women to get put in their place

That is fucking terrifying

Tazune’s facial expressions have been one of the more interesting aspects of this story—he often looks bland or even friendly when he’s actually doing or saying something horrible.

It kind of just shows how normalized doing this is for him and how deep his misogyny runs. Like, shit even while staring at the blood of his fiancee he didn't really give a fuck because he never really gave a fuck.

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 12:27AM

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Chhhhhrist that's an evil fucking look Tazune's giving. I feel bad for Doumyou getting all wrapped up into it, yeah her intentions ain't the purist, but like, good lord she doesn't know the half of it and just saw him get cheated on.

joined Sep 13, 2018

14 years old and the woman "reborn" seems to be in her 20s or older. Please add lolicon tag or age gap as bare minimum.

If we base it on the time setting of the story (probably between the middle ages up to the Renaissance), that 14 year old elf girl can already be called an adult. So age gap might be more appropriate.

It's a fantasy setting and elves are very long lived in most settings, it's 100% suppose to be lolicon. Why not just add both and call it a day? Clearly people who like lolicon shit like this for that reason. Plus like, you can have age gap and it not be between a child and an adult, look at The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This, both adults, just with an age gap between them.

joined Sep 13, 2018

14 years old and the woman "reborn" seems to be in her 20s or older. Please add lolicon tag or age gap as bare minimum.

Yeah, I'm really dislike lolicon and age gap is really only fine with me when its between adults, so needless to say I got my hopes up seeing a fantasy yuri one shot pop up with an elf in it and then immediately had those hopes dashed with that sorta stuff. Well, maybe the other anthology pieces are good :/

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Hooooly shit yes. This was so good. Run Away With Me, Girl keeps on giving me some real good feelings.

I loved how Komari got the courage to come clean and break up with Tama upon seeing how happy and in love Maki and Midori were, I hope that all goes well and I feel like it will.

Also just aaaaahhhhh everything between Maki and Midori is. so. good.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

I get this manga is trying to be that easy cute slice of life story but glasses girl has less personality than a bot, every now and then she says something nice but most of the time seems really inconsiderate?? In a passive way. She must be mad good at eating pussy otherwise this story makes no sense. Maybe mc hates herself and thinks this the best relationship she can get I dunno

She like legit went out in the middle of the night to dig up a flower to plant by their home to surprise her girlfriend and doesn't even take credit for it. That is like, beyond sweet and romantic lmao.

She's just got a flat affect and some slight communication issues, which could be for a variety of things. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the author was intentionally writing her to autistic or something. But besides the why, she's certainly not intentionally inconsiderate or a jerk. Hell, she seems to quietly do stuff for her girlfriend that really brightens her day or say incredibly sweet things all the time.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Oh! New Chapter!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/run_away_with_me_girl_ch10#4 I feel so incredibly seen by Battan on this page, the stuff my eyes gets drawn to with my girlfriends and crushes, like god lmao.

Its nice that Tama seems to have gotten a bit of a characterization as just.. Not a bad dude? He's actually pretty nice from what it seems like.

And again, more juicy and complex depictions of comphet. I love how Battan's opted to show a sort of different side to it than Midori's deep denial. Komari knows she's a lesbian and to her, Tama's just a friend, but that sort of complex feelings that get involved in all that just sort of bubble up and keep you in the closet. I just desperately hope Komari can push through before the end of this all, ideally find a girlfriend for herself too. Also, side note edit: Uuughh I hope Komari can break up with Tama and they can return to being friends. I imagine this whole deal definitely affects how she interacts with him differently than before and they seemed like good friends too.

And Midori, god, girl. It really feels like she's starting to realize what she wants in the world. Her picking up what Maki was doing and telling her to not let go feels like a step forward for her. God I can't wait for the remaining chapters.

last edited at Mar 25, 2020 9:10AM

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

https://twitter.com/battan8/status/1232129794730446848?s=20 Oh yeah, according to the translation of this, it seems like there's definitely just 16 chapters!

Also slight (totally obvious) spoilers in that tweet

last edited at Mar 24, 2020 11:52PM

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

Ooh this was really cute! I was hoping the epilogue was a 'Years after' as adults thing given the cover page, but ah, it was an adorable epilogue all the same.

... Now let's hope the mangaka makes a secondary series/spin off about bun-chan getting a girlfriend.

Samcaesar
joined Sep 13, 2018

This is pretty much Midori's character setting.

And it's kind of a major theme in the story how that isn't good for anyone.

Eh, fair enough, though I dunno if 'stepford smiler' is exactly applicable.Rather than maintaining some facade that she's 'perfect' or w/e, she's just a traumatized gay woman dealing with comphet, which I feel like the story is working to her dealing with properly. Like she did just go off for a three day vacation with the woman that makes her authentically happy and we've seen progress on her behalf.

"i'm sorry but if you know you want to fit society's "rules" and get the "D" you DON'T date a girl, make her believe you love her and then dump her."

Have you heard of Class S relationships? Girls having a homoromantic relationship in high school as "training wheels for real relationships" is a whole social script in Japan.

Thank god someone else brought up Class S shit, I felt like I was the only one keenly recognizing it. Like c'mon y'all, why do you think the yuri is like 70% about school girls?

Mostly because she could get with Maki not necessarily because she knows that's what she wants and it would make her happy, but rather because her situation with the boyfriend is just so extremely and obviously horrible, even someone who's typically passive would leave.

Although that's maybe where we're going? Maki IS very convenient for her right now, so maybe the drama's gonna be forcing herself to actually confront the question of whether or not she's talking advantage of Maki's feelings.

Maki's convenient for her, sure, but it's very clear that Midori is still reticent to leave the guy who hit her. She's in a crossroads and given a lot of the story's emphasized 'Wow Midori is authentically happy with Maki and she's slowly coming to realize she's not going to get this with Tazune', it reads to me pretty clear where it's going. They'll likely have a talk about it though, when it comes to Midori actually ending her shit with Tazune and working with Maki.

Am I the only one wondering how come Komari's parents are so easily and enthusiastically accepting of Maki and Midori? It can't be just me...

Your high school kid (who is about 17 years old) invites two "friends she met online" to your house, and these two friends turn out to be two adults in their late twenties. This gotta trigger some alarms! Wouldn't you feel at least a little bit worried?

It doesn't seem too odd, esp because they might not know Maki and Midori's ages. Plus I think Komari's like 18 or something too. I knew some 26 and 25 year olds when I was like, 14. Dunno if my parents would let them come over, but eh, small communities like Komari's can either be very trusting and tight knit Or very suspicious and wary. Not too bad to say it's the former.