Forum › Posts by cecile

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I was going to address the "gender politics" thing but I guess other people already made very good arguments in that regard. Simply put, it's an internet forum topic about a gender bender story, you should expect discussions of gender. If you don't like this part of the debate you can simply ignore it. Talk about the stuff you're interested in, instead.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Why majority of you are seeing male MC as trans woman?
This gender bender situation clearly shows that he is becoming trans man

I don't think any definitions are clear in this particular scenario. The way I understand it (I'm agender by the way), trans men are those who were assigned female at birth, but identify as male. So that wouldn't quite fit this particular character. At the same time, it would be strange to just call them a regular cis man during the body swap episodes, because their experiences aren't those of other cis men. You could call them a trans woman if it's revealed that they identify as female (meaning: assigned male, identify as female), but they wouldn't be a regular run off the mill trans woman either.

In essence, language falls short here, there are no words to describe this type of scenario.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Ah man your mom let you have TWO miracles?? Lucky

I was honestly expecting the bully to show up and help pull her up, and while that may have been hokey at lease it would have made sense

I headcanon that this is what really happened and Eunha remembers this right after she sees Suyeon in the hospital at that last scene.

Also we need an epilogue focusing on whether Eunha truly traveled back in time or just hallucinated everything while unconscious in the hospital.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Well, if there's one thing you gotta love about this manga is that apparently everyone is bi.

So we get "lying" about wanting to be a girl because depending on how this story goes that could really end up being lying but only Akizuki to himself, lmao.

I'm a little disappointed that right after this 100% trans girl scene we get a "I lied about wanting to become a girl." Feels like there's no chance they'll make the main character trans, it'll all be "I don't care about any curse as long as you love me"

reveal that there's at least one other family member walking around who also would just kiss someone while sleeping

That was okay, but honestly, what I'd really love to see is some boy who has the opposite type of curse. That would be super cute. Is there yaoi like that already? Please send it to me if there's any.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I was loving this story but that ending is underwhelming.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Yuri so fast it just speedran the entire plot of 'Girl Friends' in a single chapter.

My thoughts exactly

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

biphobia

You mean Rei telling Miki that Gotou is straight despite Gotou trying to have sex with her (while drunk)? Well, it is a little biphobic, but like, really mild in this context.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Not really sure what Tang Chao's "confession" is gonna achieve, though? Betas can have sex with omegas just as well as with fellow betas, it's not like omegas have different sex organs only compatible with alphas' (at least in the standard ABO setup).

I think the point she was trying to make was like "I can guarantee that she's a Beta bc i've had sex with her and have thus seen all the important bits (or lack thereof), so i should know"

Koveras's point is that a beta can't know if it's a female beta or a female-looking omega she's having sex with.

I think.

It seems they can, in this particular story.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Imagine Kaori and Shizuku in the same room together, on the same page about their mutual feelings, yet Kaori's death still hanging over them. Having to figure out what to do now. Is that not worth a few chapters to explore? Would Kaori's death be less sad if the relationship progressed beyond pining before she died?

That is certainly one way the author could have chosen to write it. Usually when I think "Hey, that story could have been better if X had happened instead" I sit down with some paper and write a fanfic.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Well this was fun

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

the opening lines sound like they were aiming for dickens.

cecile
Anyone seen Nezchan? 09 Jan 04:40
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Glad to know, I thought about asking for a long time too but I was afraid of the truth

I am absolutely terrified every time I decide to ask about someone whom I haven't seen since around 2020/21.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The british English was really thick on this chapter. I wish they'd use normal standard English.

It's funny that English came from the Brits yet theirs is not 'standard'.

Funnily enough, I was just having a conversation with someone this past week about how the internet is causing British and American English to blend. It was after their phone gave both "canceled" and "cancelled" as auto-complete options, and they couldn't remember which one was the American spelling. Seeing more and more people/places adopt "grey" for "gray" or "axe" for "ax" &c. It'll be interesting to see what happens to spelling over the next 20 years.

Y'all be making a wee linguistic mess, innit?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Just 1 more chapter to go. It's kinda shame they couldn't say each other their feelings tbh.

They did. The last words is Shizuku's novel were "I love you," which was her way of confessing. Kaori understands this and replies with "me too" via text.

I know that. What I meant was to say they love each other not in written way but spoken.

I kinda feel written makes more sense here, considering a lot of the plot revolves around Shizuku's stories. Reading "I love you" in Shizuku's book and replying via text is much more in line with the feel of the story than having that exchange through an oxygen mask.

cecile
Anyone seen Nezchan? 08 Jan 04:19
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Ty!

cecile
Anyone seen Nezchan? 07 Jan 22:02
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Been a while since I've last seen her here in the forums (and I don't use discord). Anyone knows if she's still active somewhere? Just general curiosity 'cause she was really nice.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Also, this part was traumatic.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Fun fact: I found this again today, after five years, was casually reading it, and had completely forgotten that I'd been the one who cleaned/typeset it until I saw this f***ing panel (and its ridiculous amount of sfx)

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Any lesser known manga where relationships are revealed positively? I enjoy things like the one girl now hangs out in the other girls friend group because they are openly together or the love interest is introduced to the parents or sister or brother.

I can't recall any that fits your description exactly, but you might enjoy these:

manga similar to sal jiang's artstyle? i really like the semi-realism if thats what its called

Yamaji Ebine but her stories are an acquired taste.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

That was a more wholesome ending than I thought it'd be, considering the tags.

Yep. Almost skipped this one because of the tags. I'm glad I didn't. This was cute.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Just 1 more chapter to go. It's kinda shame they couldn't say each other their feelings tbh.

They did. The last words is Shizuku's novel were "I love you," which was her way of confessing. Kaori understands this and replies with "me too" via text.

It's a shame they didn't even kiss, though.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

It's now about 10 years since this got released in Dynasty. If anyone's got the raws for the sequel (or any other Momono Moto works) I'd be glad to clean/redraw/typeset it. Just drop a link at Yuri Project.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Underused tag.

It was literally created yesterday...

The point remains.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Three million yen is a little over 20000 dollars, so it's really not THAT much.

Also, why the heck does this nonsense get introduced? Things were just about getting good.

To begin setting up the teacher x student pairing with that rebel kid and the director's daughter.

I think US$20k is a lot to embezzle from a public school. It's not a bank, you know.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Sweet, simple, and unique!

I love your profile pic.