Forum › Posts by HonestYuriHawk

HonestYuriHawk
Citrus + discussion 28 Mar 02:39
joined Apr 5, 2018

Also, Mei continues to be my favorite character. She's grown so much and is trying to face a problem together with Yuzu for the first time since the election arc. I can't wait to see how she deals with Sayaka.

Yea seeing her give such a nice response saying that they will solve the issue together was pretty moving.

How exciting—Mei and Yuzu are determined to move bravely forward together, putting them in the same position they were in, (checks notes) 37 chapters ago.

If the train keeps moving at this rate, I may need to sit down.

Lol thats fair. I admit it can be a bit painful at times but I never had any major complaints personally. I'm just here for the ride and the drama and romance. Hopefully seeing what looks to be real progress though makes you happy.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

I actually broke my glass in a small fit of rage when she pushed Sumika away and started screaming...

I feel that lol

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

If their 'relationship' were developed, I would totally fall for this. God, how I hate those kinds. Maybe I dislike "casual sex" or something like that because I know similars really good stories.... Yeah, maybe it is the "development thing".

7 years later but I agree. Without the proper development the ending feel flat for me.

joined Apr 5, 2018

I'm so happy to see this again! However as a consequence I want even more. I hope I'm not disappointed because this needs to go somewhere. Surprisingly I never realized just how interested I am into height gap until now.

HonestYuriHawk
1 x ½ discussion 25 Mar 04:38
joined Apr 5, 2018

Wait a minute. I just understood.
If Taiyaki is doing this on purpose, she's an amazing storyteller.

Akira is kissing Ayako the same way Miyuki kissed Asuka on the couch when she was younger. (The art is even the same) That was the moment Asuka realized her true feelings for Ayako. If Ayako realizes her feelings with this kiss between Akira and her, it would be portrayed in the same way. THIS IS ART YA'LL.

How is this so romantic wtf.

\(°o°)/

That would be a great connection there. But would that be too simple for Taiyaki? It'll be too straight forward and seems like a potential ending to the manga, which i hope would never end.
I think Ayako would just brush Akira's kiss off as a joke. (if she did kiss? i know it looks like they totally connected there but who knows) Ayako always brushes Akira's feelings to the side as she never notices, so we might go back to square one...

She might realize that she has feelings as a result of Akira's actions but still try to suppress them because of her position as Asuka's mother. Just because the love is mutual doesn't mean that Ayako is going to be perfectly okay with going straight into full incest. She still needs to work through her issues.

joined Apr 5, 2018

Ah short but sweet, literally, I'd love to read more of this.

Same

HonestYuriHawk
1 x ½ discussion 23 Mar 00:02
joined Apr 5, 2018

1x1/2 is a rare jewel - not only does it take the issues seriously, it is well written with likable characters and a light self-deprecating humour that makes it a pleasure to read.

Beyond a jewel. I've yet to see anything cover this issue as well as Taiyaki does.

Also, am I the only one who has faith in Akira? And think she is kissing Ayako, so Ayako can realize she does like Asuka and it is romance. Like she's trying to prove a point? You see how Taiyaki never draws a blushing Ayako when Akira makes her move. Yet Ayako always always blushes with Asuka. Hopefully by the next chapter, Ayako knows for certain, that she too likes Asuka.

I have faith that Akira will first and foremost try to help Ayako realize her inner feelings for Asuka. However I stand by my belief that if she feels Ayako isn't interested or it won't work but Ayako seems receptive to her, then she would try and seize opportunity for herself. However as circamoore pointed out. She would have to get over that guilt referenced earlier. Actually thinking about it, it seems likely her desire to help them is even strong because she can see this as a way of repaying her debt. In that sense I'm she will see it through since its clear they both have feelings for each other.

Omg, can y'all imagine how cute it's going to be when they both acknowledge it?
( ◜‿◝ )♡

Its going to be amazing. I'm looking forward to this so much I get stupidly happy inside thinking about it. Tbh I've already played this scenario out in my head a few times for fun and I love it so much. When it actually come to be is going to be really wonderful.

HonestYuriHawk
1 x ½ discussion 22 Mar 00:33
joined Apr 5, 2018

Oh wow, after reading the raws you provided This is about to get crazy, like we knew Akira has feelings for Ayako for a while now but I never thought she would make a move on her own. I'm going to assume though given how helpful she has been to both Asuka and Ayako, that part of her motivation for this is to help her awaken to her emotions. And then if Ayako doesn't, then hoping things would work out with her. It also seems like we may finally get some more backstory on what went down between Ayako, her husband, and Akira that makes her still feel guilt. Also Asuka's reaction to thinking about the night before is pretty relatable to how I'm sure we all felt when Ayako made a move on Asuka on her own. This series so so good, and I'm loving the ride. I can't wait till the next update.

Interesting idea about Akira playing both sides, I suppose it could go that way, but for the moment I'm inclined to go with the idea she is just (dramatically) trying to prove a point... when Ayako smacks her down (or otherwise fails to respond positively) she is going to point out how different her reaction to Asuka is, and argue that difference proves she feels something

Yeah I think what you say is how it will go down (at least I hope so). But I do believe that even though Akira is trying to help, if she realizes the situation between Ayako and Asuka won't work out, she will take advantage of it for herself if Ayako seems receptive to it.

HonestYuriHawk
1 x ½ discussion 21 Mar 19:15
joined Apr 5, 2018

Oh wow, after reading the raws you provided This is about to get crazy, like we knew Akira has feelings for Ayako for a while now but I never thought she would make a move on her own. I'm going to assume though given how helpful she has been to both Asuka and Ayako, that part of her motivation for this is to help her awaken to her emotions. And then if Ayako doesn't, then hoping things would work out with her. It also seems like we may finally get some more backstory on what went down between Ayako, her husband, and Akira that makes her still feel guilt. Also Asuka's reaction to thinking about the night before is pretty relatable to how I'm sure we all felt when Ayako made a move on Asuka on her own. This series so so good, and I'm loving the ride. I can't wait till the next update.

HonestYuriHawk
Citrus + discussion 20 Mar 21:25
joined Apr 5, 2018

Also, Mei continues to be my favorite character. She's grown so much and is trying to face a problem together with Yuzu for the first time since the election arc. I can't wait to see how she deals with Sayaka.

Yea seeing her give such a nice response saying that they will solve the issue together was pretty moving.

HonestYuriHawk
1 x ½ discussion 19 Mar 14:16
joined Apr 5, 2018

Who, whoa, whoa, I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting but just in case: Ayako has NOT been grooming Asuka in the slightest. She didn't even know about Asuka's feelings! I don't think most of us would be cheering them on if it was written that way. And Although, yes! Asuka is what like 17 now? (Time has passed) the writer is writing it very delicately I feel, and is being kind of realistic with the way Ayako freaks out, and the way that (unfortunately teenagers that age do go through sexual experiences) it's very common, especially in the US and tv. Lol I think in this mangas case, the incest is the bigger "issue" but I do believe it is consensual and that when Asuka turns 18, it will still be consensual.

Asuka is madly in love with Ayako. She's going through what all of us have gone through or will go through, sex included. (love) all teenagers and humans go through it. (only thing is, it's her mother) and Ayako, from the looks of it, is on the same boat. She's never gone through those types of teenage feelings, and just romance in general. (Only it's her daughter)

Their relationship really doesn't seem to be a "groomed" pervy Loli type of relationship. Or else I don't think we'd have so many chapters of development. Taiyaki is actually taking her time to let the viewers see both characters sides, and that it's not about sex. It's about those two having authentic feelings of love for each other.

It's a manga! These 2 are soul mates, the way I see it.

I agree they are like soul mates. I love Taiyaki's ability to tell this story and give it proper attention instead of a rushed finish. Also I agree that Ayako did not groom her.

Also I have to disagree with Lilliwyt that "the line between grooming and raising your childs as a parent is very thin." If someone is grooming someone, they are aware of it, its not something that one stumbles into while parenting.

HonestYuriHawk
1 x ½ discussion 19 Mar 08:48
joined Apr 5, 2018

That's right Akira! You tell Ayako. What is wrong with those 2 being together??? They can't reproduce, and Asuka seems to be the only human Ayako has ever felt something for. Soul mates. (shrugs)

Ayako never loved Asukas father. My heart! I truly believe Asuka is the first and only person Ayako will ever love.

Last, ah!!! U love this side of Ayako. It's like she's finally unlocked emotions. Asuka has awoken her feelings!

Yeah watching Ayako warm up to Asuka has been really heart moving. I love this series so much. Which should probably concern me that this is easily one of my most favorite series but I can't help what I like. If Ayako's conversation with Akira is productive in helping her get over her hang ups on liking her daughter, and she is able to embrace her feelings. We should get to see some really lovely stuff when she returns home. I really can't wait for the day where they enter and admit to each other that they are in a relationship.

HonestYuriHawk
1 x ½ discussion 18 Mar 22:02
joined Apr 5, 2018

New release awesome! But it was so short its killing me.

HonestYuriHawk
Age 15 discussion 16 Mar 23:11
joined Apr 5, 2018

I don't consider 1x1/2 to be trashy- maybe it's because I like that stuff and is demented or because the story actually peaks my interest ;;; BUT GOD DAMN GIMME MORE CHAPTERS OF THAT

Right! The wait is killing me. Its even more painful when you know a chapter is released but have to wait for the translations.

HonestYuriHawk
Age 15 discussion 16 Mar 22:21
joined Apr 5, 2018

Trashy, but completely acceptable. Lol
I'm in California too. LA. We are self quarantining right now. But Mayor had closed all bars and public spaces. Sigh. Thank you for keeping the updates coming. Any of you follow 1x1/2? Just me?

Is 1x1/2 considered trashy? I never really thought of it that way at least. I always saw it more as a romance story between two troubled people and special circumstances.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Wish there was more of this

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Somehow, I really loved that last chapter. I feel it pretty sound and solid.

I completely agree. One of my favorites so far. Watching her succumb to her desires and being defeated like that so pitiful was beautiful. Utena was pretty relatable as well for me in how she wanted her to come at her with all her strength and taking pure joy in facing her when she was trying her best. Also Utena showing her such a cold face was truly enjoyable. I really can't wait to see what other kind of facial expressions tres magia will be making from here on out.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

...that Power of Gigolette pose is turning into a reflex of hers isn't it?

I know right!? I laughed so hard when she did it right there. This series is just too hilarious with all its absurdity.

HonestYuriHawk
Scarlet discussion 05 Feb 22:11
joined Apr 5, 2018

This awakened something inside me. Shame if it got axed, hope it will at least have a decent ending. Anyone know where I can find similar content?

HonestYuriHawk
Yuru Oyako discussion 29 Jan 16:32
joined Apr 5, 2018

Always happy to see more Taiyaki

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

This series is so crazy I love it. Even in games she ends up attracting women.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

If this happened to me from 4 years ago I'd probably would have had a mental breakdown. Its a situation where it seems impossible to go forward or back but standing still and doing nothing can't last forever as there is limited time to decide.

It's kinda hard to believe that her family is actually trying to help her at this point.

They are trying to help but people who don't experience these issues often don't realize what its like and the best ways to help one move forward. For them its probably more like, "Oh i get a little nervous in front of people too but its not that bad, she just needs to learn to get over it." without realizing that the level of anxiety for her or her daughter is magnitudes different. Her mom definitely messed up big here but shes is trying to help her in her own way.

HonestYuriHawk
Citrus + discussion 03 Jan 02:54
joined Apr 5, 2018

I love seeing how excited Yuzu always gets.

joined Apr 5, 2018

I'm so happy to see more of this. Best way to start off the new year.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

The art is freaking amazing. I love how expressive the characters are

I agree. I think thats what makes this series so moving for me even though the story is not healthy.