Forum › Posts by Ichigo69

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

2 minor QC points:
p. 5 should be Morishima Akiko instead of Morimiya Akiko
p. 18 should be "Shutou took care of me after I fainted", not fained.

Ichigo69
Furutani-ke discussion 01 Apr 06:19
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

I think we can all agree that Nadeshiko is suspected of dating several girls at once

Soooo she's a hoe?

I'm glad we will get to see more stories of the better sisters duo, but I'm slightly pissed that Sakurako even made an appearance in this chapter. Nadeshiko was too much of a hoe and I did not want my little sister reading such an immoral story. Thank you Bakkin for your decision.

I seriously doubt that Nadeshiko is a farming implement. You people need to learn the difference in "Ho" and "Hoe"

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

No way Hozey (p4)

Really Guys? REALLY?
spoilar: it's "No way José"

Also:

Mooses

Please get somebody who's a native English speaker to QC your releases next time.

last edited at Apr 5, 2018 12:24AM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

If aliens came from space, somehow I doubt they'd prove to be any better. The idea that conquering and enslaving foreign nations is a bad thing is a rather western(and recent) concept; we shouldn't assume they wouldn't be offended by their empire building being called immoral.

This is litrally Blue Drop manga.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

To all the people saying there should be a cheating or NTR tag, That would be stupid because it's a spoiler for the end of the story.

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Good LORD, Akira is the smoothest operator ever!

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

wow now I have diabetes, thanks mezashi

Needs a Death_By_Moe tag...

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

"Stir me up!"

hahaha wait what

中もかき回して
Literally what she said there:

The thing you have to understand about Aikatsu is that Ichigo is quite possibly retarded.Its made clear during the series that she is not all there.

That's a bit harsh. She's not retarted. She's actually quite intelligent. However, Ichigo lives in the moment ー in the here and now. She doesn't think too much about tomorrow and doesn't dwell on yesterday. She doesn't intend for bad things to happen and just keeps on going even if they do. She's just.... Ichigo.

Ichigo69
Fragtime discussion 21 May 21:44
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

By the way, isn't Sato, herself, literally a perfect Moriya? You could cast her in the live action version (especially a sequel after they leave high school). https://www.mangaupdates.com/image/i201964.jpg

Okay, if anybody else is unable to see this picture, you need to get an add on that fixes referrer pages b/c evidently mangaupdates doesn't like you hotlink pictures. I use a firefox add on called ref control. I just put in the TLD (mangaupdates.com) and set it to forge the referer page and then firefox displays the picture when I F5

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Perhaps a little sillier than usual with the broom bit,

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/10/why-do-witches-ride-brooms-nsfw/281037/

Read this. It's incredibly enlightening. Also says that Sennou Knife did his or her research on witches.

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

There was never more to that arc in the manga.

Wait! it just stopped and went back to earth like nothing happened??? WTF??

Though I can't say if they'll decide to put in some anime original content. They HAVE been doing some odd things. Like airing a particular episode several days before the manga chapter it was based on got published. When they still had plenty of other chapters to choose from.

Lots of anime producers do this. SHAFT is NOTORIOUS for this, esp. w/ Hidamari Sketch. Some chapters work better in another order when they're animated.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 10:30PM

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

I started watching the anime before finding this manga. Loved it from the start. But I'm a little confused, in the anime the dark haired demon is called, "Viene". But here she is called "Weine". Is this because this is a fansub?

Her name is Vignette. It's shortened to Vigne, but going by sound, it's a little difficult to tell how you are supposed to spell it.

I'm fairly sure Vignette is named after the fallen angel Vine. Now, what I'd REALLY like to know is why does the manga seem to skip back to earth when they're in Heaven and hell. Gabriel and Raphael were going to try to sneak Satanichiya into heaven and then we have a chapter with Tappelis and then the next chapter everybody's back on earth again. What actually happened? The scanlators said their numbering was off, but it REALLY feels like there's been a chapter (or 2) that's been skipped.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Okay, I'm with Umi. I know what honmei and giri cocolates are, but what the hell IS 'tomo-chocolate'?

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

I'm not feeling this tbh

Regardless of whether or not YOU'RE feeling it.... the characters sure are "feeling" it

BADONK KSSSSH

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!

last edited at Feb 11, 2017 8:19AM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Just went and re-read this and noticed the SHAFT Head-Tilt™ on page 1

Ichigo69
Hairdresser discussion 29 Dec 00:58
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Holy shit, Kaoru's absolutely stunning in this bottom left frame: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hairdresser#17

And this does wonderful things for my hair fetish (esp. long black hair fetish)

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

From seeing Satanicia's parents, we now know why she is how she is. Why is this manga so freaking awesome!

Also can't wait to hear Hanazawa Kana voice Raphael.

Ichigo69
Renai Manga discussion 07 Sep 18:23
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Point of note for anybody who TL's Kodama Naoko and her afterwards. Her Siamese cat's name is Latte-san, as in a coffe drink.

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

It always seems like an odd habit of doujin writers when they want to make a dark and dramatic story, to just turn most of the cast into yandere types. It's almost a genre of its own, really.

Maria's not so much being yandere as being insanely jealous and over-protective (and no, that's NOT what a yandere is, just to head off comments)

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Manica posted:

Drunk Mio, Mitsu, Comedy, and a great art style = 100/10 doujinshi. Watanore's the person who made those Azunyan pictures where Mugi was uh blowdrying her butt. Also celebration for a recent K-ON release!!

You're thinking of these:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/6364

Specifically this one:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36326866

last edited at Aug 27, 2016 5:05AM

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

there is also pg 11, a speech bubble was left untranslated

フットを = suddenly, abruptly, without warning. I'd have probably TL'd it as "Just like that..."

See also: First one I've seen where the male Admiral hasn't been stupid, a big letch, or shitty in general. Seems like he really thought he was doing the right thing for everybody.

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 8:26AM

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Oh god, I can't WAIT to hear HanaKana voice the sadistic Raphael. This is gonna be so good!

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Oh, Mangaka just announced Chap 3 will be released at summer Comiket:

https://twitter.com/kyo_zip/status/760808752459030528

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

>credits page
>not knowing what a cuckoo is
IT'S A FREAKING BIRD. WOW.
(please tell me you're just trolling along or being silly, however if you're not, see below)

The lesser cuckoo (Cuculus poliocephalus) is a species of cuckoo in the Cuculidae family.
It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Kenya, North Korea, South Korea, Laos, Malawi, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
In Japan, the bird is called hototogisu (ホトトギス) and is frequently praised for its song, and ranked as her favorite bird by Sei Shonagon in her account of court life in Heian Japan, The Pillow Book. It is also a pivotal image in poem 81 of the Hyakunin Isshu poetry anthology.
In Korean literature, the song of the lesser cuckoo represents the sound of sadness.