Forum › Posts by Ackerman

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Team Gaji's mistake, for me, was the wedding. The narrative after was simply discorded from the main story even with the parallelism on lawyer Sangmi. Specifically, contrived. How can a popular Dawoon not in the wedding?

Dealing with WDTFS without Seju as an active participant will eliminate the general norm of "ambiguity" of the story and will eliminate the popular clichè of a love triangle. So, a different route must be taken to capitalize on the depth of the character of Seju. Everything works well until the turning point, for me, the wedding with Dawoon attending, SUPPOSEDLY. That is a plot twist as well. Is this unfounded? No. It is well-covered in chap. 1. A plothole indeed. You have to remember it was a cliffhanger... Dawoon, Sungji and Sumin must be there, I believe... If they just stick with their original storyboard without changing chap. 54 onwards, I know there was an ending memorable and inspiring and that will be a SejuxSumin.

On a sidenote, I was smiling when reading Sayuri's Little Sister is an Angel. It is about the part of knitting a scarf and a glove/mitten. It was difficult to knit a glove than a scarf.. So, the MC decided to knit a scarf. Sumin gave a glove/mitten to Seju and just a scarf to Sungji. Tsk, tsk....

last edited at Jan 21, 2018 10:19PM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This line of thought that I had was never addressed, if Lezhin's information of a shocking plot twist, where is it since right from the beginning the ending of a SuminxSeju SuminxSungji was guaranteed?

The SejuxSumin ending was never a whim of folly for me, not even near the more often accused of "overthinking". It is just right there in the way they make love with one another. Their eyes that looked in each other's soul( chap. 1 and especially, chap. 3) an unbreakable bond not even 10 years nor an unresolved "cheating" (not even a proper talk about this which was the root of the breakup) can be just left unnoticeable.

I brought the personality of introvertness right after the second season, now you can see it concretely after chap. 93. When people claimed of similar background of wealth between Seju and Sumin, now you can see the great disparity. It was never my claim that Sumin was poor. However, it was not just her league to get a BMW during 1998 with Korea's tax policy on foreign brands even considering the fact of a Team Leader/supervisor's daughter. Thus, it is wrong to assume of similar background on financial status but more likely it is "something else" to which it was not addressed. It is not overthinking, it is just simple thinking for people who are used to think - a sharp memory, specific mindset and attention to details like Mr. Monk. For most of Monogatari Series bad comments are from readers who can't understand the weaving points of the story. If anything, the similarities on the depth of the characters and its development exactly mirrors great writing skills. Team Gaji overdeveloping Seju's character was never a mistake for me. It was even the shocking plot twist along with the SejuxSumin SUPPOSEDLY.... Now, whatever happens to the ending, I will not point a finger on something based merely on unfounded assumptions.

last edited at Jan 21, 2018 12:13PM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This series is really good at keeping me guessing. I hope it'll have the same element of suspense even when rereading the completed work.

My experience is not surprising. I mean the author did much throw a lot of clues, cues and baselinings... like the hamburger steak which Pure made and Ruri's comment after tasting it. That suggested, Ruri and Pure knew each other( but not in depth ). So, it was a matter of time that the author will show this.

my theory is: akira died, ruri made a time machine because he's a scientist prodigy, and pure made the trip because she wants to spend time with akira, kinda subtly telling you, akira is not gonna survive whatever it is that killed her.

Agreed, but isn't Ruri making the time machine right now as a kid, after his mother's death?

Yes, for me, Ruri started building this already as suggested by the panels that Ruri was talking to a person over the internet.

I liked surprises. Not that kind of surprise where the author didn't even open-end it but just made an incoherent, out of nowhere representation. I want surprises that can make me say, "Oh, woooow! How come I didn't think of that?" And I've found a lot of gems here in Dynasty...

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I came across with this last year. Yes, it was incomplete. However, chap. 6 can be the ending for me and the supporting cast will just affirm both sexual preferences in the long run. Somebody mentioned about an "ash tray". There so many things you can infer from it. Albeit, it can also suggest past relationship, still, it doesn't hold ground to the "Edible Flower", i.e, Ibuki Taneda, in Hanaoka-san perspective. Right from chap. 1, if I put altogether "growing edible flower"process, age gap, Hanaoka-san receiving a past confession from same-sex, train experience and author's emphasis to Ibuki's lack of confidence, naiveness, and insecurity against Hanaoka's self-directedness, maturity and physical beauty, you would see how character development subtly unfolds for 6 chapters and extra. Simply put, Hanaoka-san knew what she wants right from the start. Along with love, she grew the edible flower until it was ready to eat.

Edit: Hanaoko to Hanaoka...

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 8:14PM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Big thank you to Klice for doing an awesome job with this.

Happy 2 year anniversary since Ajiichi did anything with the DMT series~!

I concur. This one on my subscribed list.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Hmmm... Quite interesting... different approach on age gap tag, that is, considering the "something-fishy-cousin-thingy"... Since it would back up why the MC is so bold and aggressive...

Edit:
With chap. 6, it makes sense why the title, The Rain and the Other Side of You....

last edited at Jan 11, 2018 10:31AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

A5PECT posted:

In Japan it is illegal to have hormones or surgery for being transgender if you are under 21

I'm guessing people can skirt the law by having procedures done outside of the country.

Also, I don't see any direct, explicit evidence for this story to take place in a particular country (or point in time).

Last but not least, it's a fictional narrative.

Most popular is Thailand, given it's close relative proximity to Japan, not to mention being trans capital of the world.

Thailand is reasonable. On my end, got the weird vibes on the uniform. LOL... Just remembering "The Mistress"... and highly probable, this story is not situated in Japan. It's the door... LOL..

Hm? I thought she said she's not when the short hair girl asked her if her a trans? Right at page 1.
P/S: The boyish childhood friend turned out to be a girl remind me of this, it's het tho.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJUr8cfVoAEZBYk.jpg

I think she is asking if she got the operation, you know, "cut" the little guy down there.

Yip. The little guy is still down there...

Ackerman
Teach Me discussion 06 Jan 09:10
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Nice feature story. Promising...

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Interesting translator's notes about the robot's name. I was thinking it was a reference to ELIZA.

yip! the credit was interesting too. LOL... i like this author...

Ackerman
Tamayomi discussion 02 Jan 22:03
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Yay! It's here... Nice art as usual! Thank you scanlators et al..... Yip! Full swing, baby!... :)

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

@Heavensrun, clearly you have a different understanding of argumentum ad hominem against mine. Even your first comment is conflicting in itself. Ad hominem, simply put, is "to the person". Clearly, when you state, that " commenters are in denial" is already an ad hominem. You are directing "the commenter or the person" NOT "the issue".

If you provided evidences of your claimed Reiichi's cheating and I find it not substantial or merely speculations, then continue with more evidences. Don't add/write anymore, "you are in deep state of denial."

I have not made any ad hominems. Suggesting that someone's argument isn't realistic or that they are in denial is not an ad hominem. Argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy whereby you attack someone's character to discredit their argument, and I'm not doing any of that. My argument that Reiichi is clearly cheating is based on the evidence which I cited in my post.

So looking at comments here, there's a lot I want to comment on...

If you still don't think he's cheating, or that this chapter didn't conclusively demonstrate that he is, you are in a deep state of denial.

To reiterate once more again in looping:

These are your previous comments. As I repeat @Heavensrun, that is, ad hominem. You stated the definition of ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, it is a latin word which means, "to the person". Clearly, when you say this, " If you still don't think he's cheating, or that this chapter didn't conclusively demonstrate that he is, you are in a deep state of denial."

That is clearly pointing to the "person" or "to whoever commenter of Dynasty scan" and not to the "issue" of the story. You don't have to say "idiot", "stupid" or any derogatory remarks to be in the confines of the definition of "argumentum ad hominem".

I appreciate you researched before you answer and with a long post as this.

However, the more you write, the more you make my argument good against you. Simply put, again, argue with your claim of cheating under the confines of the story. Cite instances, page number and as such.

Again, I want to make this clear again. So again, I am not eliminating that he didn't cheat. I even mention his looks when he was with Risako suggesting he was "cheating" especially the extended trip in "my-long-time-ago" comments. However, again, it could be work related as well since he represents the company. Thus, at this point, there are no clear-cut evidences against him. Again, everything that I can present as evidence of cheating can be rationalized as not. So, I hold his innocence still, again under this definition:

• voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

Again, @Heavensrun, clearly we don't agree in the definition. So, if you going to stick to your "I had not made any ad hominems", then I don't have any qualms about that. This will be my last piece with you regarding " ad hominem".

** NOTHING FOLLOWS **

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

The cover images are for this copy of Galette, where the work was serialized, and are unrelated to the story itself (so no rings).

Thank you. :) So, I have to strike this one out.

hmmm.... :) A one-sentence to my very detailed explanation:

A metaphored story of a young lady who confessed her love once to her conflicted female, matrimonially engaged, roommate and friend.

last edited at Dec 31, 2017 9:44AM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

daaamn... there is still hope for me....hahaha

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I'm just wondering how Kaoru's phone survived the fall? It clearly doesn't have a phone case and I doubt that iPhones can fall a flight of stairs and remain undamaged.

I like your sense for detail xDDDDD

If it was one of the old Nokia phones, they'd be needing a new staircase by now.

LOL... damn, that was good...

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

hmmm.... :) A one-sentence to my very detailed explanation:

A metaphored story of a young lady who confessed her love once to her conflicted female, matrimonially engaged, roommate and friend.

last edited at Dec 29, 2017 1:05PM

Ackerman
Bruges discussion 29 Dec 04:52
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

damn! This was soooooooo good! Read it through without stopping! Hmmm...exhilirating!!!

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I read this thrice since I wanted to know why syfalkda see it that way. I'm quite intrigued. :)
It maybe the way it is as she explained but the word, "patient", kept me off-track......a "mental" patient or just a person in a normal daily life, struggling to control the extreme "indecisiveness".

There are three explanations for me:

1. A roommate's nightmare within the MC's dream;
  2. MC's imagination witnessing the nightmare (similar to Ushio's comment)
  3. all a metaphor

Observations:

• the ring on the roommate's finger from both pictures, i.e., if the cover is really them. (can't read Japanese..)
  • the MC looking at the roommate who is walking stoically forward and the other picture, the MC is holding the arm of the roommate who does not touch her.

So, my interpretation is all a metaphor:

The roommate told her of the nightmare but not the details of it since the MC is part of it. The MC witnessed the moaning every "nightmare". The "nigtmare" is the two "choices" that she faces in everyday life: the hetero marriage "relationship"(generally accepted) and the homo love(not accepted in Japan) she had for the MC who is a bosom friend as well. The splitting is the "logical self" from the "emotional self". The " logical self" eats the "emotional self" rationalizing that the hetero marriage "relationship" is the right thing to do than to give in to her "conflicted feeling" for the MC.

The nightmare stops until such time that the roommate wavers again in her resolution. Since they are close and maybe the "growing love" (conflicted feeling) of the roommate for the MC.

"It seems to happen only on nights when she has the nightmares." This means that the splitting occurs when she keeps on denying/rationalizing her "conflicted feeling" for the MC.

"She hasn't realized it herself". This means the roommate hasn't realized that she was already romantically in love with the MC.

"When this happens, I always feel lonely". This means she already knew of her roommate's "feelings" and she felt the same way too. But the "splitting" saddens her because the roommate is fighting the "feeling".

"Just once.... nibble...." This means she tried to convey her feelings. The nibbling of the nose means she tried to gently, bit by bit, to arouse the
feelings/love which means to let the roommate recognize/accept the romantic love.

"However, I'm not good enough" This means the MC can't win over the "logical self" of the roommate. She was still struggling but no moaning, no splitting, no eating.

Note: There was a discontinuation of the events. I take note of the clothes. The author choose a provocative clothing in the "just once" event to signify that the MC flirted with the roommate.

"That's why, what I could do to that filled belly" This is where the "emotional self" who has a "conflicted feelings" for the MC.

"was caress it". This means she will not nibble anymore but gently touch(to love) the "emotional self". In the process, the MC will continue to nourish/nurture that "conflicted feeling".

....Until such time, the MC can kiss the filled belly and the " emotional self" will follow the kiss as shown on the arching body...

Notes:

• belly button kiss is a type of a kiss that you should expect a lot more though it will start from an innocent/sweet way. Since you can only do this in private.

• the last panel to me is suggestive that the "emotional self" will come out from the belly. An instinctual coming out with no rationalization.

edit: syfalida to syfalkda
edit1: change terms due to Altair's comment

last edited at Dec 31, 2017 9:59AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

That's an awesome Holiday's gift. Not the story but this. Thank you! And Merry Christmas! :)

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

It was mentioned very early on that Uta used to be unable to trust adults. I wonder why Uta adopted that mindset and how Kaoru played a role in Uta's past. Perhaps Uta's parents divorced due to some big conflict like... cheating? And perhaps, parents that have been unfaithful might have some sort of influence towards their children? There's no evidence whatsoever pointing towards that, so I'm blindly speculating for the heck of it!

I am very intrigued of the past. So your speculation is mine as well. LOL.... Kaoru's mother and what lead to the sickness... What it has to do with Uta and her family...The answers are in the past. It is like a domino effect.... if that is the case... Tap one truth and everything will unravel. Tsk, tsk...And I refrained to write any speculations since it is an on-going series...

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 1:01AM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I have not made any ad hominems. Suggesting that someone's argument isn't realistic or that they are in denial is not an ad hominem. Argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy whereby you attack someone's character to discredit their argument, and I'm not doing any of that. My argument that Reiichi is clearly cheating is based on the evidence which I cited in my post.

It is, Heavensrun, AD HOMINEM.

If you still don't think he's cheating, or that this chapter didn't conclusively demonstrate that he is, you are in a deep state of denial.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

He apologized for "the things that happened during the accident". You don't lead with "I'm sorry." when you're afraid your wife has misunderstood the situation.

He goes outside, out of earshot, to answer a call from Risako, and shows obvious guilt after even just talking to her about the current situation. That "What am I doing??" is as damning as anything.

Risako shows up like the cat that ate the canary, probably having heard from Reiichi that Kaoru doesn't remember what happened, and on the way out of the scene, she muses that It's more like Uta is her sister rather than Kaoru's (since she's closer with Reiichi than Kaoru is.)

That's on top of all the previous evidence piled up. Reiichi's "business trips" (companies do not spring surprise business trips on employees. That crap is worked out far in advance.) His lack of interest in his relationship with Kaoru (He didn't just forget a wedding anniversary, he forgot their FIRST wedding anniversary) and the fact that he was walking around town under a single umbrella on HIS BIRTHDAY shortly after telling his wife he was going to remain out of town for awhile yet.

He has been cheating on her.

Period.

Full stop.

Please stop making excuses for him, or trying to imagine how any other situation could explain these circumstances. This is the reality we are dealing with.

What is the more interesting question here is -why-.

Reiichi seems to have married Kaoru because of some kind of trauma involving their families. The dream/flashback last volume seems to have implied that she has been heartbroken over him before, due to Risako no less. So he and Risako have history, and his marriage to Kaoru is on some kind of foundation of guilt more than love.

On top of that, Kaoru can't even enunciate what she loves about him, and I'm willing to bet that the mental block there is that what she loves about him is -Uta-. I think Reiichi knows that Uta loves Kaoru, and I think he suspects that Kaoru isn't really that into him, or at least is also into his sister. So it really isn't that surprising that he'd be drawn to his old ex flame, who probably resents the hell out of the circumstances that took him away from her, and who is legitimately interested in him and him alone.

Heavensrun, please read before commenting. You are quick to correct others just like Ritsuko to be Risako(btw, thank you for correcting me) but you don't point it out directly to me.

I read your aboved statement twice. It is arguable. It doesn't hold any CONCRETE ground. It leaves a lot of loopholes and even to the point that you don't read much of others' opinion that is not in resonant with you. Just like this.

These and more, I hold still that cheating is not conclusive. But I do not shun the possibility of it. To that, the author outright must show or tell or even just insinuate physical coupling or even just "kissing lips" or anything that doesn't leave room for doubts. If anything else other than cheating, I consider human frailty. Emotions are so fluid. It comes, some stays, some goes. But what is within our control is whether to act or not upon it. And I believe the author used this to his/her characters as an advantage to tell the story.

Since, you have pointed out your ABSOLUTE argument and hell-bound to stick with it after reading posts that doesn't agree on "ABSOLUTE CHEATING", then I will respect your opinion. But please no AD HOMINEM like commenters are in denial. Talk about the story and the issues at hand, not the commenters. Commenters are NOT part of the story. I hope, at least, we can agree on the definition of "forum".

last edited at Dec 26, 2017 11:55PM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I don't think there's anything concrete regarding Reiichi cheating on Kaoru with Risako, but Risako sure feels like she's hiding something.

Seira, THIS, I am with you all the way. :) Thank you for the effort of writing in detail your version of translation. I admit my "idiot" level in Japanese language depends on the translation. That is why I am very impressed and grateful to people here in Dynasty for giving us quality works.

@Ackerman, everything you're saying could work but it seems a little bit too far-fetched to really hold together. The simple thing would be that Reiichi is indeed cheating. I mean, there's innocent until proven otherwise, but that does seem like the soundest option story wise.

Would it be also, prove beyond reasonable doubt that he is cheating?

What about lying about the fact that he's back? If he's not cheating, he clearly doesn't really want to see Kaoru that much, at the very least.

Klice, all these points have been threshed out in my previous points.

Geez at this point I think the people who are trying hard to prove it may not be cheating after all are just in denial

Scarlet128, please no AD HOMINEM. Attack the issue, not the commenters. For whatever you point out to others, it will go back to you. They are not in denial. They are just not quick to judge or condemn people until concrete facts are there. IRL, that is, consideration. :)

Okay, one point I feel compelled to make loudly.

HER NAME IS RISAKO, NOT RITSUKO.

Heavensrun
LOL... you can point it out directly to me... I made a mistake, thank you for pointing that out. :)

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017
  1. I consider that forgetting things is Reiichi's waterloo and in that, he is unreliable as what Ritsuko said in comparison to Uta.

I don't have anything to say about your other points, but my interpretation of Risako's line in that scene was about how reliable Uta was in relation to Kaoru. As in, Uta is the type that would reliably be by Kaoru's side whenever the latter needs her, unlike Reiichi.

That is part of my thinking, Kaoru's circumstance but Risako's as well. She can only say these words and I quote, "such a big difference compared to your brother." She can say this because she had been in relationship with Reiichi in the past. And please take note of this thought bubble which is in black before she said the comparison to Uta:

"she seems like the person who would say, "I would not forget your kindness."

Edit: 1.That is why, at this point, I can't paint Reiichi or Risako as "cheaters". Risako's thoughts held weight for me as to ascertain my theory on Reiichi and their relationship before. 2.change Ritsuko to Risako.

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 12:10AM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

1. I consider that Risako and Reiichi are in the same company(or different companies but the same business project/deal) and that taking business trips together(or even might be accidental) is unavoidable and it happened on his birthday. To which I may add, he forgot the wedding anniversary because he is simply a forgetful person, thus, his work efficiency suffered also and being pressured at work. I think the author showed his work environment, right?

2. I consider that forgetting things is Reiichi's waterloo and in that, he is unreliable as what Risako said in comparison to Uta.

3. I consider that they are together since Risako invited him for a drink or celebration, either a successful business trip/contract/deal or it is Reiichi's birthday celebration for old time sake.

4. I consider that Reiichi avoided the information about Risako because of the "sensitivity" of the past. Thus, resulting to his guilt at present.

5. I consider that forgetting a wedding anniversary and above-mentioned possibilities are NOT really conclusively, undeniably, beyond any reasonable doubt constitutes cheating.

These and more, I hold still that cheating is not conclusive. But I do not shun the possibility of it. To that, the author outright must show or tell or even just insinuate physical coupling or even just "kissing lips" or anything that doesn't leave room for doubts. If anything else other than cheating, I consider human frailty. Emotions are so fluid. It comes, some stays, some goes. But what is within our control is whether to act or not upon it. And I believe the author used this to his/her characters as an advantage to tell the story.

Edit: 1.change Ritsuko to Risako. Thanks to Heavensrun for pointing out; 2.highlighted important point on "These and more........ possibility of it."

last edited at Dec 27, 2017 12:07AM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Though did he really cheat ? That...is the question,

This is sweet... I was reading the forum and I was waiting for a person to think or doubt. :) In the same way I will still hold my opinion last time:

For the cheating, it is not conclusive. Noticeable is the neatly combed hair...might be a possible reason for the breakup before... hahaha... if looks could kill.. I mean, Ritsuko being ambitious and career-driven

If I am going to think of the title and linked it to Uta, there will be a lot of questions in my mind. However, if I attached it to Reichi, it makes sense including how many times in the past he turned down Kaoru and his relationship with Ritsuko, the reason as well why they broke up.

IMO, the dialogue of Ritsuko is very telling of Reichi and a little of their past.

What Ritsuko said is very heavy. It is very tellinhg of Kaoru's circumstance.

I spoiler tag some of my comments to avoid "accidental" foreshadowing.

Edit: By cheating, I mean, consumnation of physical desire.

last edited at Dec 26, 2017 7:25PM