Forum › Posts by Midnightgunner

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Mhm Nanase really can't communicate for jack, like confront your girlfriend first in private before even thinking of involving your partners affair?

And Yuni is such a hot mess, still wearing the earrings, still cheating and overly confused. She really wants to have her cake and eat it.

I really hope Nanase will give them both an ultimatum, stop the affair or it's over, simple as that. That would be rational and somewhat relatable, but I fear it's gonna be something dumb to keep things spicy and dramatic.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good drama but if the lack of good writing makes people act nonsensical to create more drama in a cheap way it's getting boring.
Like with luminous blue, great art but disappointing story and climax.

You can't expect good writting from this author.... It's just an one trick pony writter with a cuck fetish that can't go beyond that...

Seriously, can someone please just spoil this to me If possible? I really don't care at this point...

last edited at Jul 19, 2023 6:31AM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017
Ataririri-1675503591744843778-img1

I didn't watch the show. Are they really married or is this just headcannon?

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

"Evenly Match"... Yeah, until you lost, beta female.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

That fan club is like those zombies from World War Z running after Brad Pitt.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I don't know you, but all I see is a new yuri couple to ship...

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

No, no, no. Say it now! I've seen this played out before. Don't wait for tomorrow. Say it now!

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

i just wanna a kiss, man. a proper one.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

One of the precious few het ships I had and it sank like just like that.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I think this might've been the most uncomfortable a fictional character made me. If a literal knock out punch is not enough for him to see that she REALLY doesn't like him, what else can she do? Kill him?

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Nanase has nothing to apologise for. That whore Yuni should've broken up with Nanase before cheating. Nanase deserves better. She deserves her club and Yuki. Yuni never actually loved Nanase. She just wants to get rid of her lonelyness. Fukko or whoever... anyone would suffice for her.

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 2:51PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Did my ship just sink?

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017
Rsb1l9

That's a fetish I'll never get behind...

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Comming out is not easy. Is not like Nanase could just go "Hey! I'm gay!" like it had no consequences. It's something far more serious than Yuni's unhealthy craves for attention. And in that very festival Nanase held her hand and let herself be kissed, let alone they were intimate several times in private and even hugging in public and at school. So is not like Yuni was completely deprived of her girlfriend's affection. Far from it. Yuni always had the mentality that she should be Nanase's number one priority since the festival and is not only between voleyball and herself... Yuni always had this mindset with basically everyone in Nanase's life. Her best friend, her colegues in her club. It's suffocating. In this case, I wouldn't be susprised if Nanase would actually WANT to put some space between them. Someone as toxic as Yuni demanding validation in this matter is a mental tool. I'm sure Nanase feels more at ease with her club members than with Yuni and I can't really blame her.

And, despite being really unconfortable with exposing their relationship, Nanase still came out to her best friend. This is doing something already. Nanase went to the pool with her, went to the festival with her, is intimate with her in private, but, no... to Yuni, if everything is not 100% PERFECT all the time, then is justifiable to go fuck the sociopath. No... I'll say again. No justification for cheating and no comparation. Nanase made her mistakes, Yuni is a 100 times worse.

It's not even about coming out. Nanase refuses to even hold hands with Yuni in public or to let her upload photos of the two of them to social media, despite her being willing to do that stuff with her friends. And Yuni put up with it for months, putting more effort and compromise into their relationship than Nanase ever did. Coming out to her best friend (who I'm 100% sure wants to get into Nanase's pants) is good personal growth for Nanase but too late to save her relationship with Yuni.

Nanase only told her BFF. There's a difference between telling someone you trust and just being out there in the open. And that difference is massive. What if a family member sees those photos? Or see them embraced in public? Have you stopped to think of the serious implications this can cause? Japan is not as accepting of gay people as the western is... Comming out to FAMILY and SOCIETY is far harder....... And I doubt Yuni ever considered that. SHe just wants Nanase to be the perfect image of a girlfriend she envisioned in her head.

And any "effort" Yuni put in their relationship lost all value, significance and importance the moment she slept with Fuuko. I've told you, if she really valued Nanase, she would break up with her before cheating on her, because she would not want to cause the pain she is causing her now. The one who destroyed the relantionship was Yuni, plain and simple. Now sure as hell is too late to save the relantionship because Yuni cheated. But since this author lacks the basic talent as a writter, I'm sure they'll find a moronic and poorly executed way to "save" it.

I said my piece.... And made my views very clear. You can reply if you want, but I'm done for now.

last edited at May 18, 2023 7:11PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Midnightgunner posted:

I mean no one is saying it's good or complex. It's fucked but that's why it's kinda fun?

Nah... Not really... It's just a mess.

For someone who dislikes this series, you sure comment a lot.

That he does. Too bad he doesn't make much sense.

There must be a zillion movies and tv shows with a male lead who has a girlfriend and then, at some point, a rival character appears and comes on to the male lead's girl so artfully that she's seduced and starts wavering between the two. When this happens, the male lead is expected by EVERYONE to fight with everything he has to win back his girl! Because if he said "Oh so she's attracted to some other guy? How dare she? What a slut! He can have her!" all the other characters and the viewers would see him as an idiot and a loser. This is just common sense.

Somehow a new school of thought has developed lately—that claims that if you start dating someone then that person belongs to you and any display of attraction towards someone else is an unforgivable sin. I dunno how to call it, the dumb ass school? In opposition to the common sense school that says that if you want to keep somebody at your side your whole life then you'll have to keep working at it your whole life.

Am I not allowed to comment? To reply? Have a conversation in a COMMENT SECTION? Now that's what doesn't actually make sense. And no... This idea that you'll have too fight for the girl (or guy) unconditionally no matter what is plain idiotic. Fighting for someone who is not worth it and doesn't value you as much as you value them is not a sign of strenght or devotion and, let alone love. Is a sign of low self-steem, because someone who value themselves would not waste their energies on someone who dosen't deserve it. Any character who does that doesn't deserve respect. I'll say it again: You can't love anyone if you don't love yourself first. Relationships are a two way road. You must give as much as you receive. If only one person is "chasing after" then is not love, is simply obssession. And nothing good comes out of that unless in bad writting.

So I will actually love to see a cheated MC realizes they were cheated on and just went: "Well, you made your choice and since i deserve better than you, I'll make mine." Not an unidimensional "UuUr ShEs A sLuT! He CaN hAvE hEr!". Nope... Inside, they are hurting, yes, but outside, is just cold indiference. And this reaction susprises the cheaters to an unnerving degree. The MC will suffer, sure, but they'll priorize themselves and their feelings and then they'll actually find someone better, someone loyal. And the viewers will see the reactions of the others involved, specially the cheaters. (It'll actually be better if the cheaters are also complex with more than just the cheating act that defines them).

Unconditional love is such a trainwreck plot point. I would love to see a MC that will value their SO honestly, but is willing to drop them the moment they realize the feelings are not mutual. "You want me to fight for you? Fight for me as well.".

Now that's something unique. Not like these "A zillion stories" you mentioned and sure not like this NTR overused cliche here that I've had the displeasure of seeing many times before... If everyone expects the same as you said, it means the story is predictable and boring...

And that's all I had to say. This story sucks, but let see to what disapointing end this will take us. Till there, I'm out.

last edited at May 18, 2023 7:09PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Nanase was also trying her best whitin her limitations. And unlike Yuni, she didn't cheat while putting up with Yuni toxic behaviour of always making Nanase choose between her and other aspects of her life. Which is far worse than Nanase's hesitations. Nanase even acknowlages she needs to be better for her gf (even though Yuni doesn't deserve it) and takes accontability for her neglect. Again, unlike Yuni who takes no accontability and pushes all into Nanase.

Yes, Nanase is not blameless, but it still doesn't justify cheating. In a matter of who is the worst girlfriend, Nanase will be a sparkle while Yuni would be a godadam sun. Again, no comparation.

Was Nanase really trying her best? She couldn't even give Yuni a quick text or call on their anniversary. She constantly denies any of Yuni's desires for any kind of affection in public, and has forced her to put up with her own emotional constipation. Yuni never told Nanase "its volleyball or me" until the end of this chapter; when Nanase dumped the Osaka trip on her without even considering if a high school student who wasn't receiving free food, lodging and transportation could even afford it, Yuni was willing to basically sell herself to be there with Nanase. Instead, Nanase is the one who has always made Yuni put up with being second-fiddle to volleyball. And I don't think that acknowledging a problem and then proceeding to do nothing about it is "taking accountability."

Comming out is not easy. Is not like Nanase could just go "Hey! I'm gay!" like it had no consequences. It's something far more serious than Yuni's unhealthy craves for attention. And in that very festival Nanase held her hand and let herself be kissed, let alone they were intimate several times in private and even hugging in public and at school. So is not like Yuni was completely deprived of her girlfriend's affection. Far from it. Yuni always had the mentality that she should be Nanase's number one priority since the festival and is not only between voleyball and herself... Yuni always had this mindset with basically everyone in Nanase's life. Her best friend, her colegues in her club. It's suffocating. In this case, I wouldn't be susprised if Nanase would actually WANT to put some space between them. Someone as toxic as Yuni demanding validation in this matter is a mental tool. I'm sure Nanase feels more at ease with her club members than with Yuni and I can't really blame her.

And, despite being really unconfortable with exposing their relationship, Nanase still came out to her best friend. This is doing something already. Nanase went to the pool with her, went to the festival with her, is intimate with her in private, but, no... to Yuni, if everything is not 100% PERFECT all the time, then is justifiable to go fuck the sociopath. No... I'll say again. No justification for cheating and no comparation. Nanase made her mistakes, Yuni is a 100 times worse.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Not justified ata all. Yuni should just break up with her if she was not satisfied with how things were going. You know... show a little bit of character. Yuni only thinks about herself and never stops to considers Nanane's position and why she feels unconfortable. She sees her as nothing more than an exposition piece to make her feel better with herself. Always forcing Nanase to "choose" between her and several things and never stops to think that she is not the only thing in someone esle's life. Don't you think this is far more toxic and unfair? What Yuni did and is doing now is a million times worse than whatever hseitation Nanase had. There is not comparation here.

But Yuni HAS been putting up with it. She's been continuously telling herself that Nanase's volleyball is important to her and trying to consider Nanase's feeling with the regards to not wanting to come out with their relationship. And I agree that at some point either Yuni or Nanase should've realized that their needs and goals aren't compatible and decide to go their separate ways. But it's not like Nanase missed one date and suddenly Yuni is throwing herself at other girls. There is a continual pattern of neglect and Nanase honestly taking Yuni for granted that drove her to cheat. Nanase is the least-malicious person in all of this but she's by no means blameless.

Nanase was also trying her best whitin her limitations. And unlike Yuni, she didn't cheat while putting up with Yuni toxic behaviour of always making Nanase choose between her and other aspects of her life. Which is far worse than Nanase's hesitations. Nanase even acknowlages she needs to be better for her gf (even though Yuni doesn't deserve it) and takes accontability for her neglect. Again, unlike Yuni who takes no accontability and pushes all into Nanase.

Yes, Nanase is not blameless, but it still doesn't justify cheating. In a matter of who is the worst girlfriend, Nanase will be a sparkle while Yuni would be a godadam sun. Again, no comparation.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Midnightgunner posted:

I mean no one is saying it's good or complex. It's fucked but that's why it's kinda fun?

For someone who dislikes this series, you sure comment a lot.

Yeah.... Because that's the purpose of a comment section here... To comment someone's opinion about the manga. Even if that's a criticism.

Or what? You thought I would post here how to bake blueberry cakes followed by 5 easy steps on how to hide a dismembered body? No, I will talk about the story.... And how bellow avarage it is...

last edited at May 18, 2023 5:25PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

You get it. Sometimes it's just fun to watch awful people do awful things.

Not if it's written poorly...

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

And let's not pretend that 90% of the blame isn't on Yuni. If she was unsatisfied with their relationship, she should just COMMUNICATE it instead of cheating. There's nothing specail about any of this cheap drama. "Girlfriend with a victim complex doesn't communicate about her disatisfation with her girlfriend, cheats on her and refuses to take any accountability." It's just that simple... Nothing complex to it. Dunno why some people are making this unidimensional story more than it actually is...

Yuni was the one who chose to cheat and she should've been more open with her frustrations, but you can't deny that Nanase has been a pretty terrible girlfriend. It's not just being so focused on volleyball, the real problem is that Nanase is terrified of any display of affection that could possibly reveal their relationship. She won't hold hands, she won't let Yuni upload pictures of the two of them, and this all demonstrates that Nanase is unwilling to put as much passion into their relationship as Yuni is. And Yuni did tell her this at the festival, Nanase promised to do better and then went back to her old ways. Nanase missed their anniversary, apologized, promised to do better and then went back to her old ways.

Yuni didn't decide to just go and cheat out of the blue. She cheated because Fuuko exploited the emotional gap between them, offering her everything that Nanase refused to provide. Was Nanase planning on hiding their relationship forever?

Not justified ata all. Yuni should just break up with her if she was not satisfied with how things were going. You know... show a little bit of character. Yuni only thinks about herself and never stops to considers Nanane's position and why she feels unconfortable. She sees her as nothing more than an exposition piece to make her feel better with herself. Always forcing Nanase to "choose" between her and several things and never stops to think that she is not the only thing in her life. Don't you think this is far more toxic and unfair? What Yuni did and is doing now is a million times worse than whatever hseitation Nanase had. There is not comparation here.

If Yuni actually cared about Nanase, cheating wouldn't even cross her mind.

last edited at May 18, 2023 5:12PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

No. Someone who cheats is not worth fighting for. And people can fall out of love just as easy as they fall into it. Feelings change based on circunstances and unconditional love is a myth. Everybody has their limits and nothing changes feelings faster than betrayal.

Yuni is not worth being chased after. If Nanase does so, she would be even more pathetic than she already is because she would have no self-respect doing so. And you can't love someone if you can't even love yourself first. If there is any "will to fight" in Nanase as you said, she should use it towards her club, where she can actually build a future with it and priorize it over a cheating girlfriend. There will be no happyness for her with someone as mentaly ill as Yuni.

But again... This author seriously lacks the skills to write anything deeper than the oh, so overused NTR cliches.

The thing is, Nanase has never fought for her relationship. Yuni has always had to play second-fiddle in her mind. And even now, Nanase can't invoke the righteous anger to just dump Yuni or punch Fuuko in the face. She's passive and uncertain, to the point where she's just sitting there while Fuuko is groping and undressing her girlfriend right in front of her face.

Then this is the moment for her to stop being passive. But NOT TO FIGHT FOR YUNI. If Yuni really was second in Nanase's mind to her, then that should be her place forever. Nanase should choose the club. She can actually have a future in it. Someone like Yuni shouldn't be fought over.

And let's not pretend that 90% of the blame isn't on Yuni. If she was unsatisfied with their relationship, she should just COMMUNICATE it instead of cheating. There's nothing specail about any of this cheap drama. "Girlfriend with a victim complex doesn't communicate about her disatisfation with her girlfriend, cheats on her and refuses to take any accountability." It's just that simple... Nothing complex to it. Dunno why some people are making this unidimensional story more than it actually is...

last edited at May 18, 2023 4:36PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Sorry, not sorry, but I love it.

The art's gorgeous, the ladies are hot and the story is very good at what it does.

It's very exaggerated of course; the characters overreact, the twists are implausible and it's a dumpster fire. But there's something really endearing about seeing it burn.

Yuni's pathetic, Fuuko's a manipulative bitch who decided she'd always be in control and Nanase's like a lamb to the slaughter who doesn't know what hit her because she fails hard at being a girlfriend.

Now, I wish Nanase tries to regain control and to win Yuni back. While it'd be logical to just walk away, like any sane person would do, maybe she has in her the will to fight.

The real question is: does Nanase actually love Yuni, or is she in love with the idea of having a girlfriend?

If you love something, you have to fight for it. If you give up that easily, it means you didn't love it that much in the first place.

No. Someone who cheats is not worth fighting for. And people can fall out of love just as easy as they fall into it. Feelings change based on circunstances and unconditional love is a myth. Everybody has their limits and nothing changes feelings faster than betrayal.

Yuni is not worth being chased after. If Nanase does so, she would be even more pathetic than she already is because she would have no self-respect doing so. And you can't love someone if you can't even love yourself first. If there is any "will to fight" in Nanase as you said, she should use it towards her club, where she can actually build a future with it and priorize it over a cheating girlfriend. There will be no happyness for her with someone as mentaly ill as Yuni.

But again... This author seriously lacks the skills to write anything deeper than the oh, so overused NTR cliches.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Anyone who hasn't yet, do read all the chapters, because otherwise 17 will seem utterly insane, instead of just crazy and Nanase having a brain seizure from overstimulation.

Right now chapters 10 and 11 aren't here, and those have a bunch of context to understand Fuuko and Yuni bit better.

context wont fix bad writing though?

^ This. There's nothing deep or special about this story... Is just an author with a specific kink trying to look more talented than they actually are and failing...

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Man, this is garbage in the very sense of the word. This is just some pathetic author trying to sneak their little fetishes in and despearatly trying to make it looks like its deeper than it actually is and in the end is just cheap shock value... Trash story from a trash writter...

The only thing that could make this less NTR cliché is Nanase realizing she actually loves the club more and she would never be betrayed or hurt this way by her friends in her club and tells them that.

But this subpar author has a cuck fetish, so I doubt it...

last edited at May 18, 2023 2:42PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017
5mnh0t6fo3xa1

Cinder laughing in the distance

last edited at May 5, 2023 8:42PM