Forum › Posts by triviabingo

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Reading this feels like reading a deviantart or tumblr fanfic. Tadakoro is the author self insert to the point where she's also an artist and Nikaidou is the author's "ideal lover" which is a bland mary sue that solves all of Tadakoro's (the author's) problems simply by existing. This wasn't a big deal during the SoL chapters but once an actual antagonist (bully-san) appears it really becomes obvious how ridiculous these characters are. I'm 99% sure that the author was also bullied during highschool days and this 'bully saga' is her imagining how better her life would be if a 'Nikaidou' exists back then to stop her bullying problem (and all her other problems).

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Oh look the [yuri crush] tag is removed. Well I suppose that's a good thing because this was never really yuri so hopefully now people wouldn't have hopeless expectations and accept the truth that this is just a cute non-yuri manga

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I'm not one to generally care about tags here (aside from the feet one, which I typically avoid), but did this always have a yuri crush one attached to it? I just don't see this as a crush. It's more like, "waaah, Nanako-san is so cute!" versus "-blush- Nanako-san is so cute, doki doki."
It made sense in my head.

Yeah the yuri crush tag seems to be new. Also I agree, this doesn't feel like yuri crush but more like a platonic or non-romantic love. Apart from maybe that 1 panel on chapter 1, Shirokuma doesn't show any indication of being bothered by the fact that Nanako is married to someone else. If anything she actually seems to enjoy the fact that Nanako is a housewife.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out her evil father is supporting his daughter's manga drawing and this is all a revealed to be a super plot to help teach them how to draw angst manga and then the pair ended up not getting a chance to confess and the story drags on. Maybe this time it'll be a role reversal, where Miyuu will try to convey her feelings to Kano but Kano's the one that's too dense because fuck having protags with a brain right?

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 2:30PM

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

oh no, it's predictable "controlling father" family drama #12489. I've never seen this kind of plot before, it's very new and interesting and I'm sure it will be resolved in an unpredictable way that nobody expects. I'm gonna make a bold prediction and predict that kano will defy her father by the power of love though I'm aware that this is very unlikely

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Whoa plot twist, childhood friend is just a skinship lover and is actually not a lesbian...

...not yet at least

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Doesn’t matter if it gets dark, I don’t care if one of them kills someone. As long as the two main girls are happy and the feelings a mutual, nothing else matters

But that's the thing, my gut is telling me that Tsutsuji isn't as nice as she appears to be. I feel like she doesn't really like Kotoko and simply has an ulterior motive.
Ofc it's might just because of the recent Still Sick series making me overly suspicious on girls that act a little bit too nice

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Hmm, I don't know guys. Are we sure that childhood friend is gay? They made it rather vague

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I feel like Sana doesn't even like Kaya, she's just exploiting her as a maid to clean her room and cook food every weekends. I can totally see this eventually devolving into them living together and Sana stops working and just leech of Kaya for the rest of her life, which is probably why Sana even bothered softening up to Kaya in the first place (and I say softening up because I won't accept that last 4 page as "her way of apologizing").

Not to mention that "truth is I remember our first movie" crap. I'd understand if she said she 'remembered' but she worded it as if she never forgot about it in the first place which is bullshit because she has no reason to pretend that she forgot about it on last week. No reason unless she doesn't love Kaya as I theorized of course.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Cute story though I don't really like characters like Ryou who refuses to confess and instead expects the other party to "realize" their feelings

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Well here we go, the obligatory confession scene cucked by third party and the obligatory parent drama. As I mention before these relationships usually progress after resolving a sudden drama so at least maybe we can finally expect them to start going out after this parent drama resolves? Hopefully?

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

It's cute but the baby part was kinda weird. So basically Meiyu was already engaged and was in love with her fiancee in which she thought said fiancee is a male and yet she conveniently knows a lesbian pregnancy magic despite not having any reason to learn it since she thought her fiancee is male. And this is by the way ignoring the fact that Satia was cursed to not be able to carry babies, supposedly regardless of which gender is the one that impregnates considering they didn't mention it.
This story would probably be better as a 2-shot with the first part being this one minus the baby and the second have Satia mentioning something about wanting babies and THEN Meiyu learns the lesbian pregnancy magic, maybe along with a curse dispelling magic.

But whatever, something something nothing can stop the power of yuri love and stuff I guess

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

This is yuri guys don't worry. Supposedly it's one of those "friends slowly fall for each other" story instead of a story where they fall in love in first sight. From what I heard they did start going out in the novel eventually but it'll be a while before we get there. IIRC they confess and start dating in the end of vol.6 (they're already going out by the latest book vol.7)

Supposedly there'll be some love triangle as well. I remember one person mentioning about an incident in vol.7 where a girl implied to be in love with one of the MC is talking to said MC on the phone while said MC is secretly making out with the other MC. So it sounds like one of those side character hopeless one-sided love towards MC (kinda like the dojo junior on sasameki koto) so be prepared for that.

Ah but I don't speak japanese and haven't read the novel. These are info I heard from someone else so take it with a grain of salt. Also these info are about the novel. According to MAL the manga was made in 2016-2017 in which vol.6 supposedly released around that time so there's chance that the aforementioned confession will happen at the end of this manga but again, I'm not too sure about this so take it with a grain of salt.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 2:45AM

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I remember really liking Fragtime when I first read it but those were my early days of yuri before my tastes improved over the years and re-reading it now it's an okay series with a meh ending. Could've been a better series but at least it's not garbage like NTR or Shitrus

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Could you be a bit more specific?

Sorry I really can't remember much of it. Just forget about it, I'll probably find it someday by accident

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 8:13PM

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

This kind of series usually goes like this:
1. Pair getting into some kind of non-romantic relationship
2. 100 chapters of SoL without any relationship progression
3. Suddenly D R A M A (usually involving parent(s) that doesn't accept etc etc)
4. Resolved by one of the characters confessing their feelings and basically saying fuck you to the parent(s)
5. They're in a proper relationship now the end
So maybe this guy'll be the one that pushes the relationship forward
or maybe he'll be just a mini-arc for 15 chapters then the pair is back where they started

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Yeah, Kaori definitely originally got upset at Emi because she didn't like the idea of her dating someone. One could argue that the reason she finally gets up the courage to confront Emi after what's apparently been years is because she overheard her talking about going to a mixer. Even back in middle school (and maybe as far back as in elementary school) Kaori had a crush on Emi and was aware of it. Emi is clearly obsessed with Kaori too, as evidenced by the dress, but clearly she'd never thought about dating her. She just wants to be by her side forever.

Yeah this is how I felt about their relationship too. They like each other but Emi just haven't realize that her like is in a romantic sort of way. Still a meh story for me tho, this story feels more like a subtext prequel to yuri than a full fledged yuri story. My opinion of this would probably improve if we get a sequel that establishes their relationship but I won't get my hopes up.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I hope more chapters hurry and come out! The bonus got to me. When the Tomboy is actually not that much of a top

I dunno, this feels like the end to me. I mean the entire premise of the story is girl tries gay sex and now she's gay and dating the other girl. I don't think there's anything else to the story that needs to be told.
The only way I see this series receiving new chapters is getting a SoL sequel that shows their daily life dating but we all know these miracles happens once every 4 blue moons. I wouldn't expect anything more from this series except maybe a short omake.

last edited at Mar 14, 2019 5:26AM

triviabingo
Confession discussion 12 Mar 07:12
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

it's cute though nothing too special tbh

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

MC is good friends with GirlA and in love with GirlB. The thing is, GirlA is secretly in love with MC and MC is aware of this but she can't respond to her feelings because she likes GirlB. Forgot the rest of the story but MC did get together with GirlA.

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

lmao everyone is going full damage control and saying stuff like Touko's using her friend as a replacement for her sister and stuff
Touko was never in love with her sister. Y'all need to accept that harsh truth just like sister Rikka did

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Well I hope this triangle will be a comedic one because from my experience a comedy series going into drama is the worst thing ever

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

She has a boyfriend in the other world

oh boy here we go

but now he is a girl, love triangle is coming?

If you're referring to a love triangle against the female version of Marika's boyfriend then probably no
The first chapter noted that one of Marika's 2 friends had a boyfriend but now the two are dating each other instead of her dating the female version of her boyfriend so it's suffice to say that while the people are the same the relationships between each other in the yuri world is different with the het world.
Of course those two are just unimportant side characters and the boyfriend part was just a short quote so it's not improbable that the author will forget about that small detail and make an evil triangle. But imo this will probably just result in some internal conflict with Kazami about "I like her but she has someone else in the other world so I shouldn't go after her" and stuff.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I'm getting harem vibes. The fact that they didn't give us the name of the other girl indicates that she's probably nothing special. This'll be one of those harem where the other girls aren't actual characters but just random girls that disappear past their debut chapter

triviabingo
Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I really hope there's no drama. The whole "ex-lover = big drama" has been a stale trope long before I even got into yuri
But Kawai Rou has his/her own fair share of drama doujins so my expectations are low