PJammaGod
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Sep 23:00
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Wow, page 10. Ichika is a thirsty, thirsty young lady o.0

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

So... let me get this straight. Recent frequent earthquakes, constant wet weather, a general malaise amongst the population, strange religious cults worshipping dubious Gods appearing and a sinister organisation meeting in the dead of the night.......
NIHON CTHULU!!!!

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Just needs one more panel of sugimoto falling in a hole for not minding her own business

We can join in prayer for this to have happened off-panel.

Anywho. I always enjoy these happy little stories. Some nice fluffy couple stuff to cleanse the pallet (plus I'm always keen for more Adult pairings).

PJammaGod
Dear NOMAN discussion 31 Jul 03:34
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Love the art style and the amusing premise (and good reaction image material).

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Apologies for the tardiness of my reply. Been on my first holiday in 3 years. Was quite wonderful ^_^

Anyway, onto the matter at hand

To Nya-chan first. I whole-heartedly agree with you. It’s great that people have the ability to choose. That you can live as a human being without being pidgeonholded or lashed down to one particular way of expressing yourself.

However.
My response never one questioned that. My response was quite clearly directed at another line you wrote.

It takes time and money only if you want to conform to what other people think is a woman.

I laid down specific examples of why someone would take time and money to express themselves for reasons other than “if you only want to conform to what other people think is a woman.” I was fairly clear in my expression and reasoning. I used numerous and varied examples to refute your gross generalisation.
Nya-can, you responded to a question I never asked. This does leave me a little confused.

And to Majere.
You’re falling into the Nirvana Logical Fallacy and the Straw Man Logical Fallacy. I’ll tackle the Straw Man first, since it’s the easiest.

And even if that isn't the case just because you like this oppressive societal more that demands women invest inordinate amounts of time and money into this endeavour doesn't make it not an oppressive societal more that is ultimately harmful to women.

You are attempting to paint me as perfectly accustomed to the idea that I like oppression and am apathetic to everyone’s plight. You are attempting to paint me into a corner so you can critique me and appear the superior. You don’t actually tackle anything of what I’m stating, In fact you, much like Nya-chan, ignore what I wrote. In that people go through these actions, they use make-up or clothing, for a variety of reasons. Reasons outside of the idea that people are pressured only by an oppressive industry and society. Fortunately you later posted this line.

I suppose you can pretend complex sociological issues are simple if you ignore all of the complexities of them. It's intellectually lazy in the extreme but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I appreciate that you realised your error and corrected yourself. Also you fell into the Straw Man Fallacy there too.

Secondly, to the Nirvana Logical Fallacy. There isn’t such thing as an absolutely perfect answer or solution. There are pressures from all angles. The make-up industry applies pressure upon people. The car industry applies pressure upon people. The food preparation industry applies pressure upon people. The manga industry applies pressure upon people. Everyone is under constant influence by everything and everyone. To declare the make-up industry as simply evil and should be discarded because there isn’t a perfect outcome seems irrational.

Looping back to the Straw Man, you are dealing in absolutes. The idea that make-up is “ultimately harmful to women.” This absolute falls apart the moment someone examines it more closely. I am an example. I’m not “ultimately harmed.” Which means your absolute has already fallen apart. My friends and family listed are other examples. However whilst we are not harmed, there are most certainly others who are harmed.
Are there issues with this and every single other industry on this planet? Absolutely! And it is in that knowledge that we must seek to bring about change. It won’t happen overnight. Chances are some of these outcomes are long-term to the point where decades may pass before meaningful and constructive change occurs in any facet of our lives. But strive we can.

I prefer to be an optimist. But that is my choice and of course it is up to you to decide where your eyes and mind guide you. Now if you'll excuse me, I've several weeks worth of manga to catch up on ^_^ .

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

"It takes a lot of time and money to live as a woman".

No, it doesn't. You can live as a woman without ever wearing a dress or makeup.

It takes time and money only if you want to conform to what other people think is a woman.

Anyway, we now have the poor pretty girl bullied in school because she's catching the attention of all the boyfriends of the other girls.

This manga is such a concentration of preaching.

Okay, to be honest, I’m really getting tired of this idea being bandied around so I’m confront it. I don't expect to receive a warm welcome.

Why do people wear makeup? You haven’t listed any alternatives. Not one variance in your answer. All you did was issue a single blanket statement. That people wear make-up only because they are conforming to what other people think is a woman.

Why do people wear makeup? For a variety of reasons. One woman does because they feel legitimate pressure or pseudo-pressure from varying elements of life. They believe they need to confirm to that idea of “woman”. Another woman because she was involved in a car-crash and now has quite the unpleasant scar. She doesn’t care about the looks people give her. It’s just the unpleasant memories of that experience. To cover it over eases her mind and heart. A third woman wears makeup and contacts because she enjoys the different look. The idea of heterochromia and almost Vulcan straight eyebrows has always appealed to her and now she can have that aesthetic everyday. These are my friends and family. These are their reasons.

Why do people wear makeup? For myself, it’s because it fills me with confidence. I don’t care about other people’s opinions. Much of the species could take a long walk off a short pier for all I care. I wear makeup for myself, for me and no-one else. When I put it on I feel confident in myself. I take pride in my appearance.

Why don’t I wear dresses? I don’t care much for skirts or dresses and jeans aren’t really my thing. My style is unusual. Trousers, dress shirts (I’ve never liked blouses either), waistcoats, pocket-watches and good dress shoes (they are a weakness of mine). As you can imagine this isn’t always cheap. I’m not wearing this to conform to other people's ideas. I’m wearing it because it fills me with confidence. I wear my make-up and my androgynous aesthetic because I revel in it. My make-up and my clothes do take time and money. I don’t regret a single cent of it. The sempai clearly doesn't regret it either. For them, living as the woman they want to be is expensive. And that is their choice. Living as that kind of woman.

How someone wants to live is entirely their own business. With as little time and money to spend on as they imagine. Or as much as they imagine. But throwing a blanket statement around, that is “It only takes time and money if you want to conform to what other people think is a woman,” that is the height of hubris. Don’t you dare tell me that I wear what I wear because I’m conforming. Don’t you dare tell me I spend the money and time I do because I’m conforming.

The only one preaching here is you.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Just imagine if she were to sing something like Hej, sokoly or Hectopascal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuVgEv8C-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aERU_zTpJDE

My love for Hectopascal transcends time and space. It's also an awesome song to dance to.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

May I suggest rakija instead of vodka?

Not that it would reduce the lethality of the drinking game, I just wanna put Balkans over Russia on the matter of alcoholic bevarages.

Ugh don't remind me of that one. A friend brought over a bottle of the stuff that he'd picked up in the motherland earlier that summer. Apparently it was his families own brew. Maybe 5 shots and I was black-out. Only time it's ever happened to me.

On a slightly more sober note, this series just keeps getting better and better. I really need to keep my eyes out for a physical release that makes it to Australia.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Jesus christ end this pointless manga already.

Even if they won't, I hope you find the courage to move on with your life.

Or at least from this comment section.

Can I order a salt chips for post and a regular popcorn for comments?

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Don't tell me that's another story. I want the "another story!" I want all the stories of these two. It's just so damned cute and wholesome.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Remember me, Hime!? When I gave that you that drink, I talked JUST..LIKE..THIIIISSSS!!!

I could rabbit on about your appropriate quote but it would bore people ;) .

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

The MC is a dag (aussie for dumb but with positive connotations) and I'm subbed as a result.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

This ticks more than a few boxes for me. Love it ^_^

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Ahhh the N64. Mine is currently on long term loan to a friend's console museum in their lounge. We saw in the new millennium playing Smash Bros and Mario Kart ^_^ . Dang that is a while ago.

Anyhoo a very good one-shot. My favourite of the three (definitely hit home). But I still enjoyed the three stories.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I've always a soft spot for some Age Gap so this one's one the Sub list

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Well... damn
And I've got this on Sub.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Yes, this is my shit. immediately begins thinking about how I can turn it into a D&D adventure

I see you are a person of culture (also I can so see an Avatar of the Raven Queen acting like this).

I'd honestly watch / read a series like this over Hell Girl. The art-work is gorgeous and the concept works for me more than Hell Girl's "one wish and you're damned for eternity" shtick. Fingers crossed we get more.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I'll admit the top half of panel 25 had my heart-rate skyrocket. Then Rii pokes her head in and it settles. Though those pill bottles and picture frames definitely hint at an underlying malaise.

PJammaGod
F.U.S.S.A discussion 28 May 05:25
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I really liked this one-shot. Helped perk up an otherwise grey day.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Am I the only one wondering which is the real pair here? like, I don't mind whoever the fuck Kou ended up with, but I absolutely want Nene x Amane more than anything else.

Yesss....my exact thoughts!!! ;) I still want Amane and Nene to be together. Also wonder why they broke up...curiosity kills me xD

My suspicion is that Senpai had a great deal of involvement. Nothing makes for good photography like joy and pain.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

This looks VERY interesting. I like the premise and the promise it holds both with writing and art-style. One more added to the Sub list.

PJammaGod
VAMPEERZ discussion 16 May 21:28
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

"Kill me"
"Later"

"I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's a mental sickness!"

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Please in Mado-kami's tell me there is a physical release for this series

There is

Thank you so much!!! Hopefully we get a western release soon (my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to try reading it).

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Please in Mado-kami's tell me there is a physical release for this series either out or in the works. I need it in my life so badly.

PJammaGod
Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

I took me a moment for the penny to drop. Then I burst out laughing. The other members of my household now consider me officially mad. Totally worth.