Forum › Posts by Ishi Tsuki

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Thank you, the world needed this. Nuff said.

Ropponmatsu posted:
It is the author's own translation, so the scanlator probably kept it for consistency, despite it being a little awkward.

I feel like whenever a japanese author tries their hand at a foreign language it turns out akward. Like in Un bouquet de fleurs pour vous for anyone who knows a bit about french, good job with the title but then this page, I laughed my ass off. Do they even bother to find someone to proofread? Google translate is bad you know...

sorathecrow posted:

Didn't they do one before with these same characters? I could have sworn I'd seen them before.

First post holds your answer ;)

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 5:01PM

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

What are they going to talk about next time they have sex, their grocery list? I kid, it was very nice

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Thanks. I guess it's about time I got around to reading Akuma no Riddle. I've been apprehensive about it for the longest time for some reason

You're welcome Utopia

Edit: Thats right! I just called Minakata Sunao the Queen Of Yuri! Meaning I'm saying she's better then Morinaga Milk, Vivit Grey, Ooshima Tomo, Saburouta, And other Sub-par Yuri Mangaka's. Whatcha gonna do!? >:D

Well I for one am not going to do anything as my favorite lists are slowy starting to ressemble the greek pantheon. There's just too many deities out there. Not that there's ever enough...

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 5:57PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Just finished reading it, I love it. It's definitely going into my favorite's. Thank you for recommending.

My pleasure, glad you liked it :)
Where's your avatar from while we're at it? I could read some megane yuri :D

Ishi Tsuki
Truth discussion 01 Feb 17:04
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

What a mess... I would have loved it if I could understand the first thing about it, but as it is it's just a big fail in storytelling imo... Thanks for the clarifications at least I got it now; but that doesn't change my first impression

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

none posted:

[...] wish I could be as aggressive in love as she is

Well...

Damn I just got put to shame by a 3 years old XD

SF posted:

^ That series looks really promising.

Yeah you should read it (everybody should really). It's far from perfect but it's clever, sweet, and funny. I can't think of anything not to love about it

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 4:50PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

And I didn't mean to give the impression I had taken offense :p

Out of the blue My most relatable yuri girl <3 Just wish I could be as aggressive in love as she is

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 3:25PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

SF posted:

I stumbled upon Shelter. Music wasn't really to my taste but that short anime got some feels out of me, well worth a watch imo

I recommended that music video long ago lol.

Oh well sorry then, just thought I'd share

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I did not want to read that... Good one though

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I stumbled upon Shelter. Music wasn't really to my taste but that short anime got some feels out of me, well worth a watch imo

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

This art really works for me

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

yups, youre absolutely right nothin can beat yuri genre, no Yuri no Life XD

Biology will agree someday. I believe.

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

What this manga does for me

aside from making my cheeks hurt from smiling unconsciously

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Ahah that's a nice piece of trivia. I guess it all depends if you're looking for the interpretation the author had in mind or if you want to expand on it; use a story as a basis for reflexion

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Kal3d posted:

All things considered the two of them getting together is really not what the manga is about so Shikata ga nai desu... But I agree, and feel bad for it

Is it really not about that? Obviously, its about her trying to become a different version of Miss Sunflower, but its also about her becoming more open about her feelings and how she deals with them. Yeah, we might not see them kiss or live happily together since Miss Sunflower's character is not like that at all, but we might see the realization that Matsuri is more important to her than she realizes and that she's the only one that makes her feel something different.

Oversimplying here but to me it's more about the journey, personal growth, the time they spend together, developing bonds... The romantic feelings are at the core of it all, but they're also almost incidental in a way

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Amanda9708 posted:

This seemed like Miss Sunflower is on the verge of an important realization about the relationship between them, or atleast thats what i am desperately hoping for.

That's what we're all hoping for I'd think. Like come on such a slow development. Something needs to happen man. Yeesus

All things considered the two of them getting together is really not what the manga is about so Shikata ga nai desu... But I agree, and feel bad for it

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

This is why despite writing stories, essays can be a pain.

But thinking on it makes it that much better :) And the fact we're left thinking about it is enjoyable in the first place.

But you see what I mean, the structure here is more like a prose short story than most one-shot manga tend to be.

Yup, thx Nez

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

The problem with using psychology is you're basically second-guessing the author's understanding of psychology, rather than the mental state of actual people. So they likely don't map anywhere close to 1:1.

You're absolutely right about that. I think I meant more something like "I'm satisfied with my interpretation of it, in the framework of the story and beyond"

Now I understand better why needs being a central them was pretty obvious to me. If I get what you're saying, from the get go the storytelling serves a dual purpose: leading the reader by the nose through shock, emotion etc and subtle character bulding. By the end both the reader and the characters can look back on previous events and make better sense of it all (or something along those lines?)

Damn you're right, it's hard to find the right words (and I'm obviously oversimplifying)

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 10:37PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Nezchan posted:

Ugh, I want to explain how this story works wonderfully from a literary point of view rather than a psychological one, but I can't seem to get the words to make sense. iFail.

I'd be interested though. Because (I think) I can pretty much understand everything about the psychology. But while I can feel how it's good from the a literary standpoint I can't really work it out

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Teaser chapter, I was expecting some science

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Thank god for this. I'm almost 4 years late but I wish I could unwatch that movie. Dammit.

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 9:19PM

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

@flips Really? Weird. This seems like a 10/10 list of authors. Can't imagine it getting much better without Ohsawa Yayoi or Morishima Akiko etc

Yeah I feel it doesn't get much better than that except for insert-that-author-you-love-and-want-to-see-more-of-here. Quite a few newcomers to yuri though, is it safe to assume they've been handpicked? Or they just wanted to participate in the project? Anyway, looking forward to it

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 12:30PM

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

Moral Event Horizon approaching?

I think that's the idea. This chapter's such a teaser

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I probably won't read it again but this was interesting, definitly worth a read. I was a bit disappointed this ends up with Kana trying to patch things up with her boyfriends because when she's thinking "they're really intimate" about her sister and her girlfriend I was like "aaww she's seeing the light" and being the yuri fanboy that I am I would have liked things to go that way. But oh well, this isn't a fluffly fiction so it's alright that way

Ishi Tsuki
Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

I have only one problem with this : "mamie" means grandma in french. Got to avoid sounding out the words in my heads or it chips away at the magic