Forum › Posts by riverFlower

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Oh I get it now. So in the new version the VS has basically stopped working right and tried to force the death of Elsa with no way out... Interesting. I wonder if it's going to be a plot point later.

I'd question if that is it not working "right" but it certainly does seem something tried to force Elsa's death.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I wonder why, in the manga, in the episode where Elsa is possessed by a mare and almost jumps off a roof, they changed the orders of the Villainess system.

This is because the beginning chapters of the manhua used an old version of the WN, where there were two villainess system options, but most importantly not a third zero-point option. In the updated, most current version of the WN, it was changed to what it is now.

-In the manga, past-Elsa was far more hesitant about Yvonne and thought she was just other rich girl bullying her for fun.

I'd say the WN and manhua are actually consistent in that regard. They use the same scene, where Elsa thinks that Yvonne's just another noble bullying her just because, and then begins to think that Yvonne might be different after she stands up for her.

This chapter is great overall. I did greatly enjoy the greater elaboration of plot details too.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

How casually Nanami is fine with what happened while Mizuki is torn up about it is everything I had hoped for from this series.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I love Tongtong's mom, but I don't know why I ever expected her plan to not be stupid.

I can't overstate just how sure she was of her plan too. The woman had literally been calling Luxi's mom for 400 days.

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 12:54PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Hahaha, this was good age gap. Also in case it hasn't been mentioned before, loads of respect for translating the author's notes every time.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Fellas according to author’s weibo she is drawing lewd story of these gals and selling it on taobao!

Like,
physically?
Or digitally?
Oh my god, I don't want to order through taobao, though.
My aunt will see.

The sale was temporary and it's already over. There might be another in the future. And it was digital.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This most recent one was very nice. Unlike some of the previous painting inspirations, when the painting frame came up, it didn't feel forced at all. One of the few rare true fantasy yuri stories out there and with a dose of tragedy to boot. Hope that there's more like this in this series.

Is no one going to bring up how the princess turned into a male lion?

Did think about it. Just rolled with it because that's how the painting was originally and the mangaka's committed to yuri.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I was lied to. I thought this series wasn't going to have drawn out drama and it was just going to be wholesome.

The author made that notice after this entire arc was done, and the web novel only had this angst for literally two real-life days. Everything after this will be almost purely fluff and wholesome or at least not angst for a long, long time.

Also note the web novel notice is only guaranteed to apply to, well the web novel. The manhua has some changes in the pacing that might alter how things feel. But even so, the fluff should return in another two chapters, and three chapters at the most.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 10:51AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Dude so PAPA has always thought of Mami becoming an idol. It's like Veranda is just a precursor to MagiRepo.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Cute. Wonder how much longer this manga will continue for. I am enjoying them just figuring out life together while, you know, actually dating.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
Motherrussia

Okay this is actually brilliant. I want more of this Hime/Sasha interaction.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It's hard for me to see this truly going anywhere in terms of a long term story, but as a short story, this is pretty cute.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

tl;dr Neutron stars are as dense as it gets with normal matter. If you allow for spacetime shenanigans, stellar-mass black holes under 10^28 metric tons are what you want.

So the answer would be a black hole, the smaller the better?

I'm convinced now: Yvonne's mother's maiden name was Blackhall.

This makes her name Yvonne Smolle(s)tt Blackhall, which suits her to a T.

Hah, that's a good one. Even if it's less Yvonne being dense and just her not being willing to accept it.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I never clicked on a new release so fast as I clicked on this one.

I just couldn't wait to read the continuation of the story after last chapter's cliffhanger.

And this is what we get? Flashforward to after the crisis is over? Elsa with a random bandage and Evie feeling guilty?

No way the novel progressed this way. We got screwed by the manhua. :/

Folks previously said that this was a side chapter addition: meaning the whole date/play event didn't happen in the novel. Assuming that this morning scene IS in the novel, I'm guessing that the novel basically started a chapter with the girls waking up and Elsa having a bandaged injury caused by Evie, without ever explaining where it came from.

The date did happen in the novel. The manhua so far has never deviated from the novel plot.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

What is the average translation from web novel chapter to manga chapter? Like, does one chapter of the manga cover roughly one chapter of the light novel?

Ch27 of the manhua corresponds to twenty chapters of the webnovel. So almost 1:1 on the whole. So far technically 1.25 to 1.

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 2:43AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Aww, I was hoping we’d actually get to see some of the play, darn.

This story arc (the date to watch the play) is not yet finished in the web novel, so it’s resolution will first be seen in the manhua.

Doesn’t the web novel have over 200 chapters? How could this be the case? Did they shift events around that much?

Yeah I was confused about this as well. I think I've been spoiled on some developments way down the line, so I thought there was a ton more novel content left.

Doesn’t the web novel have over 200 chapters? How could this be the case? Did they shift events around that much?

I'm seeing some confusion over the story arc's unfinished status, so please see what I wrote for chapter 23 - that's still applicable. Chise went back and inserted a couple of new chapters and a new story arc (regarding the date and the play) in between what was her chapters 18 and 19. (The newest chapter in terms of sequential number is chapter 262, so yes, there's a lot more left)

I'm still confused... Can you just tell us how long it will take to get the conclusion of the system popping up? Seems like it'll take a while because not even the light novel knows? I'm so confused.

We were mistaken and the web novel has already completed this arc in full. Just ignore what was said before about it being incomplete. Sorry for the confusion and the web novel notes page will be updated. The next chapter will continue where this one leaves off.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

For anyone else who didn't know what the author meant by genderbender yuri vs pure yuri and was a bit confusion like me(looked it up):

seems like a lot of 'GB-yuri' stuff is basicly man in female-body doing ecchi/haremy yuri stuff, aimed at straight-man and their fantasies. Basicly a traditional straight story, but MC has female body

edit: I think I got it right, can be wrong tho

I'm admittedly not an expert nor do I read that genre but yes, that is essentially what gender bender/gender swap yuri is. Despite "yuri" being in the name, the character who turned into a girl or occupies a girl's body is still very much male. They experienced life as a man first, somehow turned into a girl physically, and still think of themselves as being male and are treated that way (when others know about it).

There is potential for interesting explorations of gender and increasing empathy towards a radically different set of life experiences, but I don't know how often that plays out in practice. Very little, I suspect.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I mean, other people can do whatever they would like. That novelupdate request has been sitting there for a month for example and anyone could have felt free to pick it up on that site.

As for updates, they will happen when other projects are done and life allows. There'll be 1.5 chapters before another hiatus.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The series has not been dropped.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Really hoping for a perspective from the guys. The current progression is delicious.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Been thinking about what's currently been shown. It seems likely that Nanami and Fukunaga were in a relationship longer or at least knew each other longer. That's what the "university junior" seems to imply, unless in Japan you call each other that even when neither were in college at the time of meeting and they just happened to go to the same university. That's highly possible actually.

Fukunaga and Hiroki are almost guaranteed to not have relations with each other because they stay out of each other's way.

I wonder if that throwaway line about not making concessions until everyone is satisfied in ch1 is going to be relevant. It feels like it might be.

Not really enough info to make extended theories yet. Have just barely started getting to know the characters. I'm very excited for more though. I feel the drama in the air and the way Akiyama Haru is bending expectations to play with the portrayals of who each character is.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Not sure but this thought always craving in my mind when I saw adult life or cheating and het tags in yuri manga :
Pretty sure, this seems likely how yuri (les and more like bi) born irl, huh... Like, pure yuri in real life doesn't exist. Yada yada.

I don't compain about the story, I even think that this situation is the most logic yuri can happen irl (usualy from unsatisfaction, uncertainity, emptiness, trauma from characters) but, my heart can't invest on it either coz, sheesh, thats kinda suck and depressing...

LGBTQ matters don't "logically" happen the most because of trauma or unsatisfaction in real life.

Don't ever equate a biased sample of manga with real life. Yuri is not real life. It is a genre convention with tropes both wholesome and not. Which gets to a larger point of don't ever blindly equate fiction with real life. If you want to know how real lesbians or bisexuals find out about things or live their lives, then go read their interviews and stories and you know, talk to real people.

u dont get my point. also i don't comment for arguing. coz u just repeating what i said that yuri doesn't exist irl, only using ur own word. of course i can distinguish the fiction and rl, thats why i said "likely". u can read my guy? don't just get randomly insulted for no reason.

i have that thought because i already have watch some real life stories and they have that phase before they turn into les. for example, mostly they have het relationship before and coz of one of reasons i said before they turn into les. of course it dont have to be exact like this story, especially on the cheating part, which is why i said "likely" once again, u dummy. if u don't like i use my phrasing just use whatever words u like. ALSO, i dont say anything about lgbt coz i dont include male gay (or even male bi) and trans can have different reasons. u the one who bring that up.

one thing is that if u have experience that really opposite of what im saying, u can tell me something to proof me wrong. for example, if u born right away and become les, that way u can have a good argument if u real people yourself.

if u are a dude, than dont bother reply coz ur argument would not count, as i said before that i talked about likely yuri.

Let me preface by saying that I am not trying to have an argument, and also that I don't agree with the conclusion that in real life, most lesbians/bisexuals "turn" lesbian/bisexual. I had a feeling it might also be a case that a couple articles and documentaries would give that impression, but anyway yes, my view is that simple: people are born with a certain capacity for sexuality and then they uncover what they actually are over time. They do not become that way through trauma. Neither does being in a het relationship mean that they were het and then suddenly became lesbian/bi once they caught feelings for a female or were in a relationship with one.

That's all. I don't think it's factually incorrect to say that you don't have exposure with multiple sources of real life data, namely lesbian/bi people you know personally/intimately or have directly heard their views of themselves from, such as through LGBTQ organizations or research surveys or similar. Well, here's one data point for you. Hope you find more. I have to keep staying updated too as times change.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Not sure but this thought always craving in my mind when I saw adult life or cheating and het tags in yuri manga :
Pretty sure, this seems likely how yuri (les and more like bi) born irl, huh... Like, pure yuri in real life doesn't exist. Yada yada.

I don't compain about the story, I even think that this situation is the most logic yuri can happen irl (usualy from unsatisfaction, uncertainity, emptiness, trauma from characters) but, my heart can't invest on it either coz, sheesh, thats kinda suck and depressing...

LGBTQ matters don't "logically" happen the most because of trauma or unsatisfaction in real life.

Don't ever equate a biased sample of manga with real life. Yuri is not real life. It is a genre convention with tropes both wholesome and not. Which gets to a larger point of don't ever blindly equate fiction with real life. If you want to know how real lesbians or bisexuals find out about things or live their lives, then go read their interviews and stories and you know, talk to real people.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This is going to be a really painful ride, and while it doesn't feel like anyone will end up happy here unlike in Octave, maybe that'll change.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017
Fdemv2iwyayty1k-orig

Of note is that this was used for an exclusive memo in the Chinese server of Magia Record.