Forum › Posts by Yuricchin

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 28 Nov 03:32
joined Dec 21, 2016

And... the gender of the spouse? Was it mentioned?

On her blog, she simply said it was an Italian exchange student. On yahoo news it says it's a man, but that's just an assumption. We should wait for pictures (very low chance of that) or a confirmation written by Kitta Izumi to be sure.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 17:59
joined Dec 21, 2016

funny how new chapter dropped a few hours after Izumi Kitta announced her marriage lol

Yeah lol I didn't even know it was her birthday. Imagine my face when I found she also got married with an Italian.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 14:09
joined Dec 21, 2016

I don't remember the earlier chapters or her name, but this is the same girl Maki was with when Liz and her lover got busted, not a new character. The hug looks nice, but imho it's just a lazy cliffhanger so we can get some satisfaction until the .... hits the fan in the next chapter.

Actually, there's one cliche we haven't considered: Maki's ex is back! (The one who dumped her, came begging back, then ghosted her.)

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch16#4

We only see her in a chibi version, but the hair color, length, and bow are all there.

No trope unturned indeed.

You can actually see her in page 2 and 3. I keep thinking she's just a throwaway character they made just for cheap drama.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 11:58
joined Dec 21, 2016

All that said, thanks for team for continuing working on this considering basically everyone here hates the eveliving shit out the series. Hell I don’t even like commenting here but this one just takes the cake.

A good reminder--my sincere thanks to the translation team for bringing us what in any event is likely to be a classic series.

At first this seemed like it was going to be a really good, really interesting story. Now I feel like a member of the National Transportation Safety Board who gets to watch a plane wreck happen in real time.

In either case, I am unable to look away.

Thanks to you both! Reading comments is my favourite part of working on Liberty. Too bad I can't read them on MD anymore.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 10:47
joined Dec 21, 2016

Would the writer be so incompetent as to introduce some random person just to manufacture fake drama?

Apparently the people buying the manga have not rebelled. So is the issue competence? or a simple lack of incentive to do better?

I'm reminded on the one hand of the revival of Jason Todd, after readers very literally paid to have him killed; and, on the other hand, of some of what I've heard and read about willful inconsistency in soap operas.

It's Kitta Izumi's first manga and she likes stories full of drama.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 10:38
joined Dec 21, 2016

That's not Tsucchi at the end. Tsucchi has longer hair, is chubby and doesn't work with Maki. She's probably just a colleague of Maki.

Nope. It's Tsucchi. She's much changed from her original form; but it's Tsucchi.

An interesting conundrum--it's true that Tsucchi's long hair is ordinarily emphasized to a greater degree than we see in the Mystery Back Hugger, although the length of the hair could just be out of sight under her scarf and coat.

On the other hand, that hair-bow is certainly Tsucchi's style, but more importantly who else could it be?

We haven't seen any work colleague of Maki's who would be so intimate with her, have we?

Would the writer be so incompetent as to introduce some random person just to manufacture fake drama?

(LOL Sometimes I crack myself up.)

They're right outside Maki's workplace and we already know Tsucchi works somewhere else. We've also seen from chapter 17 that Tsucchi doesn't hide her long hair under the coat and that she wears gothic boots. Also, you can clearly see the short hair of the mysterious back hugger in page 19 and 20. She's just a random they added to create additional drama.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 10:04
joined Dec 21, 2016

That's not Tsucchi at the end. Tsucchi has longer hair, is chubby and doesn't work with Maki. She's probably just a colleague of Maki.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Masterpiece.

Yuricchin
Inversion discussion 14 Oct 02:53
joined Dec 21, 2016

Yuricchin posted:

Yuricchin posted:

On a side note, someone really needs to translate Swallow Tail. The premise is so cool and the art is gorgeous like any other Tima work. If I had the money I would have commissioned someone to do it.

Came to say the thing

I already got various requests for Swallow Tail, but since 40+ chapters are quite expensive... I was thinking of doing some sort of crowdfunding but I'm not sure about how many people would pay for that.

How much? Let's talk about it, let's get it done. No pressure.

The 4th chapter is around 51/52 € for 45 pages. Chapters tend to be quite long but they don't have much text. The problem is that there's a lot of them.

Oh, it seems I'm 5 days late. That's better than 6, though.

I think I've misunderstood you, so I checked Booth and it seems like I could grab the first 10 chapters for about ~$10? If that's all correct and you're interested in doing it, just let me know where I should be sending them and we can go from there.

Yeah sorry, there's a misunderstanding here lol. I was talking to how much I'd charge to translate that particular chapter. You can send them at yuriyaku@protonmail.com(upload them somewhere first, for some reason I have trouble receiving attachment on protonmail), but unless someone is willing to pay I can't work on it in the near future: I'll be busy this Autumn and I won't have much time to dedicate to free scanlations outside of Liberty (next chapter in November!!!) and the occasional Pandacorya doujin.

Seems I missed this when it was still going on, but just wanted to chime in as well. I'm down to translate the script for free (voluntary donations always welcome), the problem is there's no one to do the typesetting and all. So if anyone's willing to volunteer to group up for that purpose, I'm ready for it.

I can try cleaning em and TSing em for ya. Recently I did do some cleaningwork for a Nanatsu Fuji work (which has yet to be translated) but I'm still kinda new to this but I could try my best

It doesn't seem to be particularly hard because there's not much text outside of baloons and the occasional SFX.

Yuricchin
Inversion discussion 12 Oct 16:01
joined Dec 21, 2016

To be continued...

Right?

RIGHT??

This is the final part.

joined Dec 21, 2016

somehow im reminded by that sex toy that is always advertised in viral tweets along with the green tea mask

That's why Yoshikawa is a top saleswoman

omg hit tweet. check out the BEST vibrator from suctional.com/vibrator for the ladies out there. theyre the HOTTEST vibrator out there right now!!!

Legit, I keep seeing that thing going around on twitter in the randomest places. I can't tell if people are being sponsored, hacked, or it's a meme.

sponsored

joined Dec 21, 2016

somehow im reminded by that sex toy that is always advertised in viral tweets along with the green tea mask

That's why Yoshikawa is a top saleswoman

Yuricchin
Inversion discussion 06 Sep 15:57
joined Dec 21, 2016

Yuricchin posted:

Yuricchin posted:

On a side note, someone really needs to translate Swallow Tail. The premise is so cool and the art is gorgeous like any other Tima work. If I had the money I would have commissioned someone to do it.

Came to say the thing

I already got various requests for Swallow Tail, but since 40+ chapters are quite expensive... I was thinking of doing some sort of crowdfunding but I'm not sure about how many people would pay for that.

The 4th chapter is around 51/52 € for 45 pages. Chapters tend to be quite long but they don't have much text. The problem is that there's a lot of them.

Oh, it seems I'm 5 days late. That's better than 6, though.

I think I've misunderstood you, so I checked Booth and it seems like I could grab the first 10 chapters for about ~$10? If that's all correct and you're interested in doing it, just let me know where I should be sending them and we can go from there.

Yeah sorry, there's a misunderstanding here lol. I was talking to how much I'd charge to translate that particular chapter. You can send them at yuriyaku@protonmail.com(upload them somewhere first, for some reason I have trouble receiving attachment on protonmail), but unless someone is willing to pay I can't work on it in the near future: I'll be busy this Autumn and I won't have much time to dedicate to free scanlations outside of Liberty (next chapter in November!!!) and the occasional Pandacorya doujin.

Yuricchin
Inversion discussion 01 Sep 16:15
joined Dec 21, 2016

Yuricchin posted:

Came to say the thing

Yuricchin
Inversion discussion 31 Aug 10:28
joined Dec 21, 2016

Came to say the thing

Yuricchin
joined Dec 21, 2016

Am I the only person kind of weirded out that a magazine writer would track down and question children about their attempted double suicide to "set the record straight"? Were they that starved for stories that they had to corner a couple of hormonal powerhouses about why they made a dumb decision?

lesbian suicides or attempted suicides were all the rage in prewar magazines, it's not weird at all. Distasteful maybe, but not weird.

joined Dec 21, 2016

What are the chances that Nanase was talking about Fuuko when she told Yuni about her middle school crush?

joined Dec 21, 2016

Finally! More delinquent yuri!

Yuricchin
joined Dec 21, 2016

Kitaku is a godsend

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 19 Aug 09:10
joined Dec 21, 2016

That scene was hilarious tho

joined Dec 21, 2016

Masterpiece

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 16:40
joined Dec 21, 2016

I'm still rather dumbfounded (although at this point I shouldn't be) that apparently the writer wants us to sympathize with Liz's dilemma of being torn between Maki and her ex, and to see Liz's popularity being OK with the lesbian revelation as being a good thing.

And loath as I am to speculate about that stupid cliffhanger, it seems likely that Sumire has some sort of revelation that will break Liz's heart and send her back to Maki.

Rarely have I read or seen any work of art where I had such a clear sense of what the creator wanted me to think and feel about the fictional characters and events while I absolutely did not think or feel that in any way, shape, or form.

What's crazier even still is that Liz is pretty clearly a self-insert for Kitta Izumi. This whole thing is basically her saying "Yes, I'm a selfish asshole, and yes, I have issues that will bite you in the ass if you get close to me, but you MUST cheer for me because I am a HEROINE breaking barriers for lesbians EVERYWHERE. Or, at least, I fantasize about being one, which is JUST AS NOBLE, and therefore I deserve a doormat-chan to walk all over."

Yes, this is the most absurd thing about it: Liz is the most blatant self-insert I've ever seen (even before her name reveal...) and it's also an incredibly unlikable character. It's kinda funny, I don't think that's what Kitta Izumi is trying to convey, but it's very hard to like Liz. Sumire is unironically a good character because she's supposed to be a manipulative asshole and that's what she is. Maki is too passive for a MC, Liz might be a victim of manipulation but in the last few chapters she comes off as having forgotten about her girlfriend.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 10:57
joined Dec 21, 2016

Never seen a character that are so dislikeable and act like nothing happen after she literally cheated on her girlfriend, what a scum. I just want to see a breakup.

They're not GF tho or at least not that i remember.

They were living together and also sleeping together, but at someone else pointed out they were forced to keep it a secret and Sumire basically blackmailed Maki into leaving Liz.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 09:10
joined Dec 21, 2016

One afterthought: why those chapters are so short? They're given that little space and have to cope? Or just like to torture readers?

Last time we had a 16 pages chapter, it was more than one year ago.I'm actually glad we got a few more pages this time.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 08:49
joined Dec 21, 2016

It's already out, how do you think I managed to release this chapter?