Forum › Posts by aranicar

joined Oct 26, 2016

Came for the lewds, stayed for the romance. What a surprisingly lovely read.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Miyamoto_ver02-1598297167378382848-img1

Freckles Kiara is adorable.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Somei_ooo-1597293244563746816-img1

Eirin x Keine by someone other than Unya? Plz more, I love this ship too.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
102803609_p0

Ah yes, yatagarasu's third leg shenanigans.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
101071161_p0

^ Absolutely. New girl with new ship in Genshin and you're having trouble deciding? Just make it a poly XD

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
102546240_p0

Huh, didn't know this pairing was a thing. Kagerou looks incredible in this picture.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Naga_masanaga-1588084196664569856-img1

They're both cat girls so it makes sense. Not as crazy as some other ships.

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Zocehuy1-1582981114041229312-img3

Mami is someone's chew toy I see

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Mwam_45219-1513444285844443139-img1

Is this BDSM? Edit: I guess it is

last edited at Oct 22, 2022 1:51AM

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016

Ooof

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Bon_feather-1578005144654217216-img1

It's been so long since the last Pachy X Alice content on here. My #1 Touhou OTP. I'm sad it's not one of the more popular Touhou ships.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Apologies if I have ruffled some wrong feathers with my comment. The "what if" scenario I proposed was not meant to artificially guilt-trip anyone for liking this manga. The purpose of my "reality check" was solely to counteract my often-unconscious bias that gives a pass to potentially unhealthy relationships (like unequal power dynamics) just because they are between two women. As a yuri fan, I often find myself distracted by the lilies and subsequently disregarding developments that, just as @Lilliwyt said, can be bad "even if" they are between women. It is for this reason that when something makes me uncomfortable about a yuri relationship, I run it through the "het filter" to find the source of discomfort.

I will continue reading this manga, since @Gellydog's comment indicates that it gets better, but the first chapter still felt off to me.

No apology required, I used to do the "het filter" too. I just wanted to point out that the "het filter" may not be accurate because you may have an inherent dislike towards het relationships. I absolutely do and it skewed scenarios in stories towards being harmful when they weren't harmful in the context of the actual story. Nowadays, if I want to do some sort of swap I either switch both of them to guys or both of them to some flavor of non-binary to try and remove bias.

And remember, in the end it's a story you read for enjoyment. If it's fun to read, keep reading. If it's not, stop. That's really the only rule for happy reading.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 1:41PM

joined Oct 26, 2016

This is exactly the insane, hilarious dumpster fire I love to read for dumb giggles. I can't wait for more.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 1:29AM

joined Oct 26, 2016

Apparently, a boss who then can use the fact that it's broken to pressure a clueless employee into dating her. :-) My standard reality check: "Imagine if the boss were a guy, how would I feel about this development?" In this case, very uncomfortable.

...fuck, you're right, I didn't think about it from that perspective. Either way I'm gonna read it since it's Suzuki-sensei's work, but that kind of dampens the whole thing. Hopefully the series' makes up for it somehow.

Why think about something that isn't in the manga ? It's not about a male boss isn't it ? So why go out of your way and thinking that way for no reason ? You don't even need to think it as a man to feel that way. This developpement can be bad even it's a woman.

Yeah, everyone is free to feel how they feel towards any story, but judging a story based on some alternate version is disingenuous. What if the boss was a guy? What if the MC was also a guy? What if only the MC was a guy? What if the boss was non-binary? What if the boss owned the plate? What if the boss dropped the plate instead? What if they both dropped the plate? Do any of these scenarios matter actually since all of these are as fictional as the story itself?

Yes, there's some abusive power dynamics that can come into play with this setting, but I haven't seen anything like that in this chapter. I mean, the boss asks for clarification and is also embarrassed. If questionable content shows up later then I'll drop it, but I can't really judge something based on 'what ifs'.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 1:18AM

joined Oct 26, 2016

I do think you're right that in general there is a push for more consensual stuff regardless of context, but I also think context matters. In a serious story questionable actions are taken seriously. When it has a more comedic vibe questionable actions feel more normalized which weirds me out.

I feel the complete opposite. When the story doesn't take itself seriously, why should I take it seriously? The comedic slant makes the questionable actions, in the context of this story with these characters, not something negative or harmful. Else, the author would have focused more on the harm these actions are causing. Since harm is not shown, I assume that no harm is done. In the end, this story is fictional. That's not saying that the questionable actions are good, just that since the actions are questionable context is required and this story already provides this context.

With respect to normalizing behaviors, I honestly can't see how comedic vibes normalize what's happening when it's fiction. But then again, some people can't understand the difference between fiction and reality so... For those who don't understand: hentai logic =/= real world logic.

last edited at Sep 26, 2022 1:10PM

joined Oct 26, 2016

browsing the f:yuri tag safely is something little me would have loved.

I remember trying to read some spicy Yuri only to find out every threesome with a guy is labeled as Yuri.

This is why I quickly learned that the true yuri tag was f:females only.

joined Oct 26, 2016

TheWorld God Only Knows but Yuri

It totally is isn't it, just without the otome game experience and the memory loss. At this rate MC is going to have a massive harem.

joined Oct 26, 2016

I’m the toasted marshmallow you rescued yesterday. Jk, but I thought I’d roast myself so you can eat me senpai

Wow, I'm honestly surprised at how good this line is lol

joined Oct 26, 2016

(you can’t really knock out a security guard for hours with a light karate chop to the neck; most high-security construction does not involve easily accessible air ducts big enough for humans to crawl through; etc.)

Don't ruin my immersion. The next chapter will have Tae karate chopping the teacher, and escaping with Mai through the air ducts.

Just casually add assault to the list of crimes XD.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Is this really just ecchi? There's like a bare nipple on pg 3.

Also, I can finally understand Project Sekai ships now that I've played the game. Liking 25-ji the most so far.

last edited at Aug 8, 2022 4:38PM

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016

I never saw the point of Rebellion. Your girlfriend is now a love goddess,...

That's the entire problem. All Homura wants is for Madoka to be able to experience normal school life as a teenage girl. If it was just for love and being with the girlfriend then after the rebellion Homura could have easily set things up to be with Madoka but no, she tries her very best not to interfere with Madoka. Sure there is that whole 'oh she might remember and get her powers back if you get too close' but then like you said, what was the point then to bring Madoka back and not be with her?

Part of the dramatic tension between the two is the fact that Homura doesn't consider what Madoka wants and tries to force what she believes is the 'perfect reality' onto her, even though Madoka is perfectly fine with being everyone's savior. It's possessive and crazy but after being in hundreds or thousands of time loops it's not surprising she got kinda loopy.

last edited at Aug 7, 2022 1:29PM

aranicar
Mark discussion 06 Aug 11:34
joined Oct 26, 2016

Is there some inherent property of Claudine x Maya that lends well to omegaverse? Like I'm pretty sure in the last couple of years if it's tagged omegaverse it's either original works or these two xD.

Don't get me wrong, Claudine x Maya omegaverse is always pretty good and I'm all for more girls with meat rods, it's just that at this point they're basically dynasty's token omegaverse pair lol.

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 11:35AM

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Meyshi29-1552789147085000704-img1

Rip umbrella

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Runrunsmallcake-1552332075977433094-img1

Nice

aranicar
joined Oct 26, 2016
Jhgardener_-1543600142707990528-img1