Forum › Posts by Nyangomaru

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

oh no, baby
you don’t bake cookies in the microwave
why would you put them in the microwave?

A mircowave can also have an oven, especially in Japan I heared it's a common thing because lack of space.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I honestly think this manga need to get chopped. Once Sora's mom made a deal with her and left for Hokkaido, there is no plot or story that makes the manga moves. So one of course will look at secondary characters being developed. Wakana and Yuina simply are not convincing. Also this happens shortly after Wakana run into her crush. This is totally not realistic the way that arc goes. Then how come Yuina would going out with Wakana supposedly because Wakana and her crush did not work out as it is actually a one sided love by Wakata. For one thing her crush can be heterosexual so the entire arc becomes useless. Yuina and Wakana should have been dating quite earlier. Now it looks like the mangaka does not know what to do, so everything including the kitchen sink are thrown into the story, but unfortunately it does not work,. However I think it is the mangaka's "fault". Whatever happened to Egawa? We never have seen her since the cultural festival.

So who is really the lonely girl? Sora or Wakana or someone else?

Bruh, just don't read it. It's like the 5th from you like this.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Youre all saying its forced when ive been seeing them having something since ch 10...of course they wont give you the focus since theyre only a side character but if you see the tiny moments that was put in every chapter youll know that it wasnt forced...

So this extra chapter happened before the christmas sleepover...now what did they do on their sleepover....

One or two chapter with focus on them wouldn't have hurt that much. Here we got an extra just to explain and we have to roll with it. Nothing more.
Like i'm sorry but that doesn't really roll for me. Was there a need for them to be together ? Feel like they are a couple because the author needed a side couple. I don't hate them being a couple but it feel very underwhelming. That's kinda what happen when you continue after you put your main pairing together, you either put wholesome moments OR you bring a possibly unneeded side couple just to extent a bit the manga because you can't write 10 SOL chapters on the main couple.

Bruh, they had like since Chapter 10 a good chemistry and it was defintely planned since then and the extra chapter? It was enough to explain it there wasn't much to it, because nothing much happened between them in the month since she said those words.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Bruh.. that was so disgustingly forced then again Sora's relationship started with a kiss after all.
Not enjoying this as much as I used to

Forced? She literally asked for it?
Or what do you think she meant with "why don't you find out?"

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

This manga is already leagues above most of its contemporaries simply for continuing past the "And they got together" part. As someone who's read hundreds, probably thousands of yuri works, I'm super thirsty of works that explore what its like for the main couple AFTER they've overcome their trials and tribulations.

And I don't care if its mundane lovey dovey shit. I LIVE for yuri lovey-dovey shit.

Amen.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

These questions need to be asked.
Top or bottom?

I could see this one go either way, but I think Sora may want Ayaka to take the initiative.

Anyway, I think they're forgetting two very important things that come after kissing:

Lots of cuddling and (spoiler because it's just so lewd) unprotected handholding.

But they did that already even interlocked in Public!

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Chapter 14 - Sora & Haena flashbacks intensifies~

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Wow I'm not sure if everybody acting like their all ticked off are just trolling or being serious. Frankly so far so good, and where it is written that a story has to end with romance in order to be good?

The story is still going to end with romance, though? This was simply done to artifically draw the resolution out for longer, not to get to a different ending.

I'm very serious about it ruining the manga for me - this trope, along with misunderstood confessions ("I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you!" "Wow, she really loves me as a friend, huh"), interrupted confessions (phone calls, people barging in), etc. - all of these plot devices have been used a thousand times by yuri mangaka and I'm absolutely sick of seeing them.

That's not to say that all tropes are inherently bad (this manga was very heavy on them in all regards, but I didn't mind). But this particular trope serves no positive value to the story. It's just a hacky way of delaying the climax when the author is too bad at writing to think of a legitimate way to extend the story that feels natural. And that's really the problem - it's very, very unnatural. It breaks suspension of disbelief and just feels so fake.

I've read some 2000 pages of the Adachi and Shimamura light novel, and it took a very, very long time to get to a confession. But I was fine with that because the story felt real the entire time. The author handled the long build-up to a confession in a very relateable way that felt like it could happen in real life the entire time. But this trope of girls blurting out "I have something important to tell you... I really want to be friends!!!" in a romantic atmosphere doesn't have one iota of believability to it. You can tell the author chose to write this dialogue because they didn't have any ideas for how to continue, not because it was the natural way for dialogue to flow, not because it was the best way to continue the narrative.

Nah, it was clear even before the chapter that she won't confess because she wasn't aware of her feelings. And also the important thing to tell her was the apologize, and not the friend thing.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Eughhhhhh, I never liked the premise of this manga where the kissing is only happening for other motives but it kinda makes it worse that loner liked girl the whole time and saw her chance to strike by blackmail to force intimacy. If this wasn't mangaland there definitely would be some psycho vibes.

Kinda feeling like this, the blackmail is already bad enough as is, the stalker-ish years long crush wasn't really needed.

Stalker-ish!? Okayyy.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I want to know who Kashikaze's mentor is................

Maybe Morinaga Akiko, that's why the character Morinaga was Intruduced.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Ah yes, another appearance of the "you will definitely get sick from walking in the rain" syndrome that all manga/anime characters seem to share. Well at least it was not just that but also--

Sudden thunderstorm is always the best kind of wingman.

Yeah, exactly.

Yeah because you won't sick when you are wet in the cold for over 20min ~ how we humans become sick then!?

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Well, neither case is actual blackmail. Blackmail is "do X or I'll do Y!" (ie out you as gay, not write a recommendation for you, give a crappy grades, ...). Both are cases of bribery. "Do X and I'll do Y for you!" (get her to come to school and you get a recommendation; get yuri with me and I'll come to school for you).

I think you missed the part where Honda implies she will tell everyone that she has a shady deal with the teacher.
"Don't worry I won't tell anyone and even come to school, but in exchange let me kiss you." The first half is blackmail.

Is it? She never said that there are repercussions if she don't does that.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

So far, I can only see that every single person in this story is an asshole (except perhaps the parents).

Whole humanity are as*holes then.
It's in the human nature that everyone wants the best for themself.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

main character gets blackmailed by teacher
Oh, is that where the blackmail comes from?

main character also gets blackmailed by other student
...nevermind.

Is it really blackmail?
The teacher offers her a deal, get the girl to school / get a recommendation.
And Sora never said (chapter 01) that she will expose her if she doesn't make what she wants.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Solid ending all around but we never found out if kokeshi and the elf were banging and that's inexcusable

I think it was pretty clear that she bangs almost all the girls. Why doesn't the series have a harem tag ??

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Wowah mary, hope we at least get to see the other girl get her "payment" so to say, else it'll be just watching her get toyed with

Don't think so, it plays in high school and in college Marie is single.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Ok so I just did a quick re-read of the entirety up to ch29. And all the people saying this is some weird karmic payback really need to stop. Nanase straight up confessed in chapter 1 and Momo never replied. Momo’s reaction to Nanase’s harassment is embarrassed but not uncomfortable and the first time she stays over at Nanase’s house she’s disappointed that nothing happened, it’s pretty clear their feelings are mutual but Momo never moves forward. As for Nanase and the people saying she’s as bad as Mary, Nanase literally makes a point of saying after she gets frustrated at he second sleepover that she wants to make Momo feel good and embarrassed with her consent!.
Basically Mary is a messed up sexual predator who blackmailed and tried to r*pe Nanase, Nanase is an S who’s trying to get Momo to acknowledge her feelings and loves to tease her (but has a f*cking limit), and Momo is typical romance DENSE when it comes to the line between friendship and love.

Thanks, finally! I thought I was the only one who actually read that thing.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

These last 2 chapters did finally get some laughs out of me but this manga feels so unintentionally funny. I just can't take anything seriously that happens in it.

Maybe because the Manga don't takes itself seriously? Only dynasty did.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

You can't stop a dunk from a stronger bulkier person that's not how basketball works

It's wasn't a dunk?

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I really don't get Nanase's thought process. I know she wants to do it with her but she hasn't confessed so obviously nothing is going to happen. Also she went too far, should not have kissed her and oh god what she did before that. Would wish manga would punish characters that do this stuff.

She confessed already in Chapter 1

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

when you do a teasing/bullying manga, but that doesn't work out, so you turn it into a love triangle but that doesn't work out either, so then you add another character to form a square, but you completely forget about that idea so you just end up doing a manga with no plot!

Nah, just poor perception from your side.
It was never love triangle, it was a joke, if you don't get it the catching phrases are jokes.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Dont blame them if you are too chicken to confess girl.

She did it literally in Chapter 1...

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

The fuck you can't just say it was an old man ? I mean, i know it's technically a guy but why don't you say it was an old guy ?

"Enjo Kozai!?" Then.

Nyangomaru
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

For just a moment there, I thought maybe this manga had gone where no Japanese fiction I've ever heard of has gone: Food with lousy presentation that tastes good. But no, I don't think Japanese are capable of imagining that. Cutely put together == good, ugly == bad.

Then you don't have read much because it happens often.

Nyangomaru
Green discussion 03 Dec 00:19
Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Well, I re-read this (again) and I just realized that the extra chapter was talking about the fact that some girl x girl couples can't work because of how society works, you can't get married (in Japan at the moment this manga was made), you can't have kids, you'll have a hard time finding a place and maybe even a job... And, plus of that, even if Tsugumi real love Megu, this last still had her heart broken by a woman who wanted all those things, so I bet she thinks that when Tsugumi talks about kids and those things, she is saying that she "wants" it and if she "wants" it, she needs to find a boyfriend. We read that Tsugumi really love her, but I think the extra chapter is all about Megu fears of losing another girlfriend because "a normal life".
Or maybe I'm just raving xD

Maybe be true, but why you want to finish your series like this? I mean, really!?