Forum › Posts by TransHomura

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

Glad to see our genderless rocks are getting love.

joined Apr 26, 2016

It's worth noting that up until very recently (and maybe still in some places), even in North America it was very difficult, if not impossible, to get approved for hormones or surgery without living up to those stereotypes. Makeup, hair (natural or a wig), dresses, heterosexuality (or at least lying about it) up to and including a requirement to divorce if you had a wife. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those attitudes of what a "real" trans person should be still prevail in various places, including Japan.

I've seen gatekeepers demand they be str8 so I've had transbians lie out their asses

joined Apr 26, 2016

^ that's such a tiresome trope in trans fiction. If you have a male character going trans, they have to
a) become frail, meek, easily scared so they can be rescued by more manly people (even if the manlier characters are girls)
b) their favorite color must be something like lavender or pink
c) their must start to love cooking, sewing, or whatever else could pass as feminine activity (and probably become a housewife)
d) more likely than not they must become obsessed with makeup (or clothes, or their looks in general)
e) if there's any hint of sexuality of course they are the bottom / submissive

It's as if transgender actually means transfifties (< yesyes, this doesn't make any sense), because it somehow distorts their views 70 years back to what they think a "woman" is.
I'm reluctant to consider this too much of a critique since a lot of "ownvoice" (pop) fiction I've read does this and if that's their cup of tea, who am I to judge?

But more variety really wouldn't hurt ^^,

I can relate to wanting variety, but since I'm not trans myself I'm sure it's a more complicated matter. All I can think is of how I myself have a complex about looking enough like a "average femme girl" after thinking I looked too much like a "freakish not quite a boy not quite a girl" growing up. So I don't know if it's anything similar to that.

To explain there is this expectation that we are straight (SVU had a trans ep where the girl literally says she's supposed to like boys) despite many of us being lesbian bi or ace in fact it's more common for trans people to be sexually queer like me.
That you pick male or female (nonbinary people aren't a thing)
That you're extremely masc or femme (see Transparent where the trans guy is basically a manly man.) I myself made that mistake where I had long hair and wore skirts more often back when I identified as a binary trans woman (I'm agender now for the record)

Basically the frustration I have is Akira is all these things like maybe she ends up with Hime as a bi woman but I doubt it. One reason I liked Lily from ZLS over say Nitori from Wandering son was she likes construction as opposed to say Nitori who only likes feminine things.

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

Well final stretch.

joined Apr 26, 2016

I'd rather her and Akira. I dunno straight trans people aren't the norm

joined Apr 26, 2016

@TransHomura
Queer sexualities are definitely more common among trans-people compared to cis (which I find pretty interesting), but straight trans-people do definitely exist. I know a few. x)

I know I never said they don't exist

joined Apr 26, 2016

Hime you gotta ask Akira out or something. Even if she's straight (irl I know like 0 straight trans people) keeping that buried hurts

joined Apr 26, 2016

Oh btw I'll link you this but for a genderfluid lesbian here https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-100105040
In general there is this issue where str8 trans people are seen as gay men which hurts trans lesbians the most. I've heard horror stories where trans women got denied hrt cause they hate men

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 5:18PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Admittedly I didn't read every het transgirl manga there is, but, focusing on the "real" transgender manga, not the magical ones, even though most of them are transgender metaphors (like Bra Girl, Boku Girl, Kanojo ni Haru ni...), nor the crossdressing or trap ones...

List of transgirls lesbians in manga :
- Wandering Son (main character)
- Double House
- Half & Half
- Nicoichi
- Otokono Doushi Renai Chuu (trans girl x trans girl )
- Himegoto Juukyusai no Seifuku (I believe she's trans right ?)
- Kyu Kara Yonshimai

List of transgirls het in manga :
- Wandering Son (yuki-san)
- Ai no Shintairaku
- F.Compo (trans guy x trans woman)
- Hanayome wa Motodan shi
- No Bra (if I remember well she's trans ?)
- Sunu Sumu Muriku no Koibito

Pansexual Tgirls :
- Arachne (Angel Sanctuary) (can't remember but pretty sure she's bi/pan, angel sanctuary is a big genderfuck anyway)
- Bokura no Hentai (not sure but I believe Marika was bi ?)
- Genshiken Nidaime & Spotted Flower (clearly bi/pan)

Marika straight as a ramp

joined Apr 26, 2016

Aaaw now I'm starting to be interested. I luv het tgirls stories. <3 (Boku Girl <3)

And yuri between Hime and the tall blond girl is going to be so hawt.

Why? Why not t girl yuri l

joined Apr 26, 2016

Maybe Akira is bi?
I mean they acknowledge trans people?
I dunno i hope they get together but sigh trans lesbians are invisible

Btw for a bi trans girl here
https://mangakakalot.com/manga/shoujo_shounen_go_go_ichigo

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 8:51AM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Ahh, bless this manga's existence.

Edit: Oh no! Akira got splashed with water D: What clothes will she be forced to change into?

Honestly it might be he freaks out over her flat chest

joined Apr 26, 2016

What ? Most stories about tgirls are lesbian ones ! (i'm ok with that i'm gay too)

But I think it would be a lit more cool in this case if she was het and Hime gay.

That's definitely not true trust me as a transbian

joined Apr 26, 2016

Interesting. It's the first cis lesbian of this story. Now, that's someone I can identify with.

She ought to be the MC.

Implying Mogu isnt queer

How so? Didn't they say "cis"?

Mogumo is nonbinary

joined Apr 26, 2016

Interesting. It's the first cis lesbian of this story. Now, that's someone I can identify with.

She ought to be the MC.

Implying Mogu isnt queer

joined Apr 26, 2016

Hime is getting a bit annoying also she knows Akira is a girl so she does know dating her makes her gay

joined Apr 26, 2016

I hope Hime is a girl for some trans yuri or maybe neither (Hime as genderqueer think Mogumo)

joined Apr 26, 2016

Uh confused gay sounds. So she's bi but str8 kissing waa

joined Apr 26, 2016

Few things
1. Transgender acts as a tag as enbys are trans.
2. I wish they didn't have to degrade themselves by saying they are ill

joined Apr 26, 2016

Yay amab enbys

joined Apr 26, 2016

Did anyone think it creepy that men were wiped out rather than just a parallel world with just women since the beginning of time

joined Apr 26, 2016

For the record tetsu is in a gay relationship in the sense his partner is AMAB however if Mogu was a binary trans woman it would be str8. However since Mogu is neither a man nor a woman it's whatever Tetsu wants

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

Great more drama
ugh
GET ON WITH IT

joined Apr 26, 2016

I really hope that Tetsu just says I'm not dating a man or a woman

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

I thought Gin was a transbian please we need those