Forum › Posts by LumberingCrane

LumberingCrane
Anime season 04 May 09:20
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

It's not like they act like a family unit or do family things throughout the show; it's not explicitly stated to be one after all. That kind of portrayal is definitely pointless too; I mean, why settle for this implicit nonsense if you can watch a multitude of other anime with the same kind of dynamic featuring characters of the same-sex?

Let me get my crickets for that truly explicit™ silence effect.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 04 May 08:20
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Wow, ok. Now there's a statement about that show if I ever heard one.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/02/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-pc/

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

It was only a matter of time.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'm liking the new direction too, plus the anime art style that seems to be carried over from God Eater makes surprisingly good use of Unreal Engine 4, so that's neat.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I'm planning to get this too, I think it's created by the guys that made God Eater and I love God Eater. Bonus points for the gay moments when you play as a girl.

Yep, same people from God Eater. They added more of those moments in resurrection since there's this affinity system you can have with other members that unlock scenes where you spend time with them. Gameplay so far though doesn't look too much like God Eater. I'm reminded more of souls games since it looks much slower than God Eater.

LumberingCrane
Nyaa is gone 02 May 07:07
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Although I guess I can't trade anything anymore since Nyaa is dead.

LumberingCrane
Nyaa is gone 02 May 07:06
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Goggled Anon posted:

Or we could be responsible adults and get Crunchyroll subscriptions, but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Except Crunchyroll is not available to everyone and not everyone DLing from Nyaa were from America so in their countries it theoretically was legal.

I swear I would gladly trade Nyaa.se with crunchyroll having a decent library over here. There's barely anything to watch legally over here; they're either old and obscure anime or naruto.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 02 May 06:17
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Yuri masterpiece like Octave.
Octave.

LOL, I doubt these two correlate in the slightest.

Ouch.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 02 May 06:12
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C7gsbuov4aaux3q

@naoto

Heh, you really created an account just to complain about something that's constantly happening in this website?

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w1hnry4xQ

Ok, I'll bite; this actually looks good.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 02 May 04:08
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C7gsbuov4aaux3q

Also pretty certain the creators said in an interview it wasn't de-aging either to dispel that whole issue with Papikana, but my memory's not too clear on that one.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 02 May 04:05
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
C7gsbuov4aaux3q

^Yep, sure, Papikana shouldn't be paired with Cocona. It's not like she specifically says in the show not to call her that anymore post-memory return since she's not Papikana anymore but Papika. I saw it as less of a de-aging and more of being reborn, with those past memories akin to memories of a previous life that confused her for a time.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 30 Apr 08:57
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I was debating on whether or not to watch the anime. I tried the game, but that kind of combat isn't fun for me. I did think it was more fujo based on the two MCs interaction (the male MC and the spirit(?) that is). I liked how the story started but the gameplay was too much for me, so I may end up watching the anime. Plus it's Ufotable, their animations are gorgeous.

I actually think it's better to watch the anime without much knowledge or attachment to the game, since the anime breaks a lot of the rules the game establishes so a lot of tales fans (on tumblr at least) hate the anime. It breaks so much rules and diverges so far from the events of the game; although I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Ufotable already had a lot of materials in the game to work with for both pairings so it's not exactly out of nowhere. It's just surprising they amped it up to that extent. They were pushing that border between subtext and outright confirmation pretty hard in that finale.

ufotable definitely brought their A game for this anime in terms of visuals at least. It's especially obvious here too since each seraphim (or spirit as you called them) has their own element so they can actually show off a bunch of special effects. It also has 3D dragons.

Anyways, since this is dynasty after all, I have to mention that yuri wise there's the redhead + her blonde princess that takes matters into her own hands. Hm, kind of sounds familiar. Main character paired up with his childhood best friend is very sweet too.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 30 Apr 08:10
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

In other news, Tales of Zestiria's final episode just aired 1 month after the previous episode and oh my god they actually turned up and crammed in a lot of moments for the gay ships in the epilogue. They could have easily just made them go their separate ways but nope, Ufotable's going to make sure that one-month long wait was worth it. Even when they did make a number of scenes for these pairings in the course of the show, the epilogue is on a whole other level. It still feels surreal that they actually did that.

You mean this? http://i.4cdn.org/u/1493479109274.webm

Yes, although the video you're linking only shows a portion of the scenes between the two. There's much more after that.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 30 Apr 02:34
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

In other news, Tales of Zestiria's final episode just aired 1 month after the previous episode and oh my god they actually turned up and crammed in a lot of moments for the gay ships in the epilogue. They could have easily just made them go their separate ways but nope, Ufotable's going to make sure that one-month long wait was worth it. Even when they did make a number of scenes for these pairings in the course of the show, the epilogue is on a whole other level. It still feels surreal that they actually did that.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 30 Apr 02:11
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Not dead until we see her die. I'm sure we'll see her again.

Yes, that's why I placed the question mark over there; it's not too definitive after all. With that said, I was referring more to everyone's reaction and how it overshadowed the anime's new episode.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 30 Apr 01:53
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Wait what?? Am I glad that I don't read the manga now... well, there are a host of other reasons, but this is another one to add to the pile... uh, so what happened to her anyway? I thought she hasn't showed up for like 2 years, so did she show up just to die or was she killed off-screen?

Killed off-screen is what I'm hearing.

LumberingCrane
Anime season 30 Apr 00:44
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I love how the yumikuri moment/s in episode 5 is almost being completely overshadowed by the confirmation(?) that ymir is now dead in the manga. They seem to have released the chapter and this episode at the same time and it almost feels intentional and I want to believe it is.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 12:45AM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

One of Fate/GO's new CE for their CCC collab event is pretty much yuri. Female Hakuno's chained to the bed in the nurse's office while BB is dressed in whatever that is with the syringe and that rather suggestive hand gesture. I didn't even believe this was actually official when I saw it for the first time since it looked like a cover photo for an adult yuri doujin.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/new-fateextella-title-development

Huh, I thought they would've stopped with Fate/Extella like they did with Hollow Ataraxia.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 24 Apr 13:54
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
54035532_p0

There's an incomplete english log of the game's text on the internet that you can read alongside the game. Even if it's inconvenient compared to an actual in-game translation, it's still worth it; CCC is easily the best one in the Fate/EX series and pretty much the entire Fate franchise really. Nasu outdid himself with CCC, and I doubt anything could top that. Plus Sakura and Hakuno's relationship is A+.

Edit: also Elizabeth Bathory makes her Fate debut in CCC and people are sorely missing out by not seeing that. There's also BB. BB is great.

last edited at Apr 24, 2017 1:59PM

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 24 Apr 09:48
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
54035532_p0

^I don't think so. Even if Hakuno doesn't have actual lines or dialogue, she sure as hell has a lot of internal monologue and reacts to a lot of events herself without the player's input. She has her own personality, her own background, and her own bio in material books. Plus her insane charisma is her thing, even Gilgamesh considers her almost on the same level as Enkidu (which makes her the closest anyone has gotten to him since...well, Enkidu). Lastly, her attraction to women can't be shaped by the player at all. There's no way to play a straight female Hakuno.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 24 Apr 00:08
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
54035532_p0

Been a while since i saw this, although Hakuno's harem has grown in extella.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 23 Apr 22:29
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
62431099_p0

If I remember correctly, Yuja did this for the 1 year anniversary of the event where this pairing was created.

LumberingCrane
Image Comments 20 Apr 23:59
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016
8955983_p0

@Hollows

It wasn't worth reading anyways. The ending was without a doubt rushed. It was almost sad to see it end that way.

SPOILER for those who want details on some characters that I can currently recall:

Timeskip happens and then it shows that Ichigo is married to Orihime with kids, Rukia has a kid with Renji, Yoruichi and Urahara are presumed to be dead iirc. Also beforehand yoruichi transforms into this weird state where she acts like a cat but she still looks human (also naked) but she gets a power boost because of that. It was dreadful.