Forum › Posts by oliver

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Guys I'm losing it here. It wouldn't be so bad if she was in one class of mine but no, she's in all my classes. I can't escape her. Kill me.

I experienced that a lot in middle/high school too, and I always failed to find a way out of that.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Having talked to most of people on my degree, I can confirm that all but 2 people are just there for the money, which is fine and all.. after all, it was even my motivation to begin with. However, the more I talk to them, the more I notice that 1. In spite of my initial motivation I'm much different from them and 2. the idea of studying something I'm not found of and getting a job I;d hate in the future just for the financial reasons seems much less appealing..

:D Personally, I do not pay attention to the reason on why anyone decides to choose their study/job, whether it's just for money or not. I'm more interested in their performances. If they could do well in uni despite studying things they are not fond of, if they could do their job excellently despite it's a job they hate, I would say they are commendable.

That, and turns out that this uni ditches almost completly history/culture on language studies in huge favour of knowing the language as good as possible.. which is fine and all, but I'd say that studying a language of foreign people should come with the right knowledge about their heritage.

Idk, but I think chinese history is pretty cool, it's not boring at all.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 9:39PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Well, from my understanding it's the logic of not helping others -> more people fail the studies -> higher possibility of staying at the degree. I'd say it's a selfish and miserable way of staying on the degree.

How could you possibly see through their dark thoughts on the very first day you met them? :D

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Alvis

Ahh, I see. From what I've noticed, a lot of my friends have dropped out of college for a crush one or completely ignored their classes over a partner they've only known for less than 6 months. Then when they've broken up they realize they want to go back to college but can't afford it anymore and are stuck working a dead-end retail job for 40+hours a week to get by and are too exhausted to take evening classes in the off chance they can afford it. (And it becomes this really sad vicious cycle) Of course this is all anecdotal evidence for people 18-25. I've seen of much older adults drop out for a partner, have a successful long term relationship and when they're 40+ go back to college and not worry too much about finances. But I really only see that in people 35+ Maybe it's just where I am from?

When I was talking about a uni student having a crush on someone, I was only imagining that that "someone" was either also a student or a lecturer in the uni, therefore, the things like the student having to drop out of college, or completely ignoring their classes were not what I thought of. What I have seen so far, the reasons that made some students drop out of their uni were things like they had to get married, they were sick, they had to take care of someone who was sick, they got a job that could offer them a really high salary, they was facing some financial problems, they had to take care of their family business, etc. Some went back to uni after their things went back to normal, while some didn't even bother to. Uni fees in my country are at an amount where most of people could afford it.

I told my mom that she and my dad was going to live with me in the future because I was the youngest child. My mom asked if I was thinking that I would be able to afford it. :D In my country, working at any private company, or working as a government servant can't make you a lot of money. You go to uni because of your passions. Dropping uni isn't considered as a bad decision there.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I don't get why the one who is learning forgiving others is Sungji, while the one who's in lack of that is Sumin.

Maybe to set an example for Sumin as well.

I guess you're right. Perhaps, what Sumin is doing right now is also to set an example for Seju as well.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Most of them seem to be there just for the money, and thinking that the best way of not getting removed from the uni is to act like complete jerkasses and not help others.

I don't get this whole thing. ???

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I guess i can order many yuri manga from Thailand.

@Serenata
My mom would question me about the contents not the money. Also, everyone in my family know clearly what manga is, so we wouldn't think that "it's just manga".

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I don't get why the one who is learning forgiving others is Sungji, while the one who's in lack of that is Sumin.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Have never seen any in cambodia. Anyway, who dare to buy a hard copy though coz if the parents find out, ...

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich

Due to that, first class saw only two students, Galich included.

What a nice setting! :D Did you guys talk to each other?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Utoptia

Well, I'm on Alvis's side here. Could you develop ?

imo, you could go to uni whenever you want to, finish uni in time or a bit late, or even start uni all over again.
If you fell in love with someone in uni, would you really choose to pursue them after you graduate? Personally, I don't think dating someone you like in uni can waste your uni opportunity.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Honestly, don't worry. You have so much time to seek out relationships it's better to just focus on your studies so you actually finish them. I know too many people that waste their uni opportunity over a crush.

I have a totally opposite opinion. lol

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I guess they are going to make up next chapter.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

you know, when I was a first year student in Uni, even I was able to fall for someone..xD.... and I had never had any such interests before -_-...

Sounds like someone I know. :D

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Anon

Yeah, that's the only time when it really comes in handy – to write some funny birthday cards.

As for ours, they can be used for the stuffs like that too, but the major uses of them is to help you memorize sentences lot easier.

@Blackkitty

as far as I know, the type of verse depends on the rhythm of the language... probably that's how it would look like in English

Yeah, perhaps, that is how it would look like in English. I know some Vietnamese and Thai poems, we use similar types of verses.

@Nevri

It depends on preference. You can use both, one of them or neither and it still can count as poem. At least I was never taught this is the "western way" or anything like that.

I have never seen any poem that doesn't use a syllabic verse despite having been taught poetry from kindergarten throughout high school. Maybe this is "my country way".

@SF

Random question, say you were given 10 website links and 3 of them led to disgusting shock websites,1 of them was a link to a fluffy short adorable yuri OVA and the other 6 were links to basic websites like Youtube and twitter and all that other stuff. Would you take the risk ? I would :)

I think a fluffy short adorable yuri OVA couldn't give me a good dream, while those three disgustingly shocking websites would be enough to give me nightmares. Therefore, it would be "no" for me. If I were given to watch them while eating, I would reply "no" without even thinking. I find people like you, who could do that, cool.

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 8:01PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Anon

A poem about a cake with cheese...? ◔̯◔
I can probably do something like that with ease. d (^‿^✿)
I'm sure you expect it to be tasty, (°・ω・°)
But let's not be all too hasty. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

Good food takes some time and skill (⁰ ◕〜◕ ⁰)
and maybe even some goodwill. ( ̄ー ̄)
Vanilla, sugar and some cream. ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )♥
Gosh, I hope the calories won't be too extreme! (๑°o°๑)
You know, I gotta watch that figure of mine (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
'cause I still want it to shine even further down the line (¬‿¬)
But hey, you think CCL will eat that cake as well? (õ_ó)
Maybe they will just raise all hell! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Demanding a sweet chocolate cake! ヾ(゚д゚)ノ゛
but that's just not something I could make... ~(´•︵•`)~
Stupidity doesn't really help with life, (╯•ω•╰)
so maybe it is time to finally get myself a wife. (˘⌣˘)ε˘°)
A pretty girl who knows how to cook, ✌(◕‿-)✌
I would never let her off the hook. (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥
And what's the moral of this story? (O_O)
I guess that cooking doesn't always bring you glory! щ(ºДºщ)

This is cute. :D

You didn't use syllabic verse, also there's no rhyme within each line. Does this how a western poem look like?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Next, they are telling us that bestiality is alright too as long as you feed and take care of the animal.

Now you're just going off a slippery slope here with this one.

I didn't mean to emphasize on "bestiality", I wanted to emphasize on this: "as long as you feed and take care of the animal" which was a reason too, but not good enough.

Again, I don't really see what is that wrong about such a topic in friction, actually, even IRL I wouldn't bat an eye if a girl is dating her sister; rather I would wish their relationship good luck and hope they find happiness down the line.

I never argued that it didn't depend on the person. What if the girls you mentioned here were your children?

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 10:14AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Utoptia

As an only child, I can't imagine the way you do but I believe that you're a bit too harsh. [...]
If, in the real world, two persons of the same family (parents/children excluded) happen to be in a relationship, and if they are fully aware, consenting and on an equal footing with each other, as "immoral" as it is (I firmly hate the concept of moral by the way, I believe we shouldn't bother with something this meaningless) we have no right to say if it is right or wrong, even if it does disgust you, in my humble opinion.

Why did you exclude the "parents/children" case in your example? I wonder if it was because you had parents, if the case was included, you could imagine the way I did.

@Nevri

Well incest is portrayed as forbidden, wrong etc. but I just don't really care about it. Sure there are problems when you are siblings but you don't choose who you fall in love with, so why others should judge you or make problems for you because of that?

I don't dislike them for having a crush on each other because I also agree with this "you don't choose who you fall in love with" kind of reason. I personally dislike the case where the characters based solely on their own impulses take their relationship to a further step.

And in case of yuri there is no risk of them getting pregnant so it is basically like any normal lesbian relationship.

Them getting pregnant is not the only risk though. There are still risks such as that both of them will not be able to go back to being family again when things don't work out, they will have to deal with their parents when they get caught, and so on. Imo, in a incestuous relationship. reconsidering again and again over all the possible consequences your decision would bring is a must. I wish every author of incestuous stories could at least give their characters such basic human values.

As long as they love each other genuinely who I am to decided if that is moral or not.

Next, they are telling us that bestiality is alright too as long as you feed and take care of the animal.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Nevri

I have brother, but as a lesbian, I never had to worry about falling in love with him ;P

Worry about him falling in love with you instead then. :p

That being said I guess it depends. Most of the time the siblings falling for each other is based on fact that one of them is just perfect material for a boyfriend/girlfriend. Other times, I honestly don't care. Not like I self insert myself into the situation and imagine that is me fucking my brother or something. As long as the couple is cute, I can read incest just fine.

I agree that it depends on the person. I doubt that I would love reading incest if I didn't have sibling. I personally just found those characters' actions ridiculously unreasonable and morally wrong on so many levels in general.

I'm not sure, but I think there are an immense number of incest stories about siblings falling for each other without one of the siblings being a perfect bf/gf material, like the authors don't even bother giving any reason to that.

As I was paying my whole attention to "What the hell is wrong with those characters' brains? Have they never been taught that common sense? Would it exist the day they realized that they were humans not animals?" sort of thing over their romantic/sex scenes, I couldn't have time to self insert myself into the situation.

Their actions make them anything but cute.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Rina
When it comes to negative comments/people, they tend to be really good at being so visible, however, their number is still in the minority. :D

@Anon

What's your personal impression?

When I was living in my country, I often heard that German people were racist and conservative. And when I read stuffs related to Austria before I came to Austria, I learned that Austria was generally more conservative and more religious than Germany. Therefore, I was pretty surprised at first as I didn't expect Austria was this international. There are many Non-Austrian x Austrian couples here.

Is Germany more conservative than Austria when it comes to language? I heard that German language's a must for living/studying in Germany. I thought I would improve my German when living here, but not, it's not because people here speak a dialect, but because almost all courses I study here held in English, also, because almost everyone here could speak English very well.

I also heard that Chinese people were not so welcome in some European countries. It concerned me a bit as I look Chinese. But everything is alright here.

Don't know. It's probably not a rule but I have siblings. Male and female. A lot of cousins. And I also know my mom and dad. Love stories revolving around incest are just not all that enjoyable for me

Same. I really can't read/watch things that involve incest.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 12:22PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Anon,
Ah, so you were the one who made her despise humanity. :D

Oh, I have a question to ask you too. My country people say that German people are racist; like they tend to not want to marry non-german people. Is that true?

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 8:44AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Rina, may you talk little bit more about why you despise humanity? (I'm wondering if I belong with the people you hate. :D)

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Seju's not Sumin's mistress, she's Sumin's first love. I think Sungji is being confused; whether that's called cheating, or lovers making up.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I think FF fans would like this story, but as for WDTFS fans, I'm not sure. The story hasn't had any plot twist so far, everything is predictable. :)

I think it's more like WDTFS than FF. The art, the age/experience gap, the ex-girlfriend who looks like she really wants to spoil their lovey dovey fun. Obviously WDTFS is more explicit, but you can make a lot of easy comparisons between Erae and Sungji.

Yeah, Erae character did remind me a lot of Sungji, although I did find her actions, behaviors, how she fell in love, and how she came to her conclusion that she was in love with Yoon more reasonable than Sungji's. But YoAhn character is not similar to Seju's at all. She has been presented as a psycho ex since the beginning of the story. I doubt there's any reader who could be her fan, or could ship her with Yoon. As for Yoon, she's smart, she isn't a kind of person who can be manipulated by anyone, unlike Sumin. Also, since she has never been stuck in a tragic relationship with YoAhn after the breakup, she sure can easily move on with Erae. No wound needed to be healed, no other potential pairing, no angst, ...., therefore, wdtfs fans who I think they seem to prefer plot/drama would think of this manhwa as nothing but a typical kdrama.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I just finished reading the first 21 chapters in one go. Highly recommend this webtoon to FF fans and/or WDTFS fans. :D

I think FF fans would like this story, but as for WDTFS fans, I'm not sure. The story hasn't had any plot twist so far, everything is predictable. :)