Forum › Posts by OhMyGecko

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

The disagreement seems over but thought i might add something. I did editing while at university and we had a number of long conversations about choosing the appropriate wording regarding pronouns. 'He' and 'She' are gender specific and often don't work well when trying to convey an idea using hypothetical people - if that makes sense. One of the ways around this would be to use 'He/she' (for fairly obvious reasons this wouldn't work in a story) but this solution is somewhat inelegant. Another idea I saw was to use male pronouns on odd pages whilst even pages used female. Unfortunately, English doesn't have a gender-neutral singular term (at least, not any more). So much of the time we used 'they'.

Edit: Should have mentioned, I'm really looking forward to more chapters of this. Both of the girls are adorable in different ways.

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 7:28PM

OhMyGecko
PAX 2 discussion 20 Jun 06:04
joined Oct 13, 2015

[edit: this is obviously my interpretation and hopefully gets us closer to the truth. There will probably be misinterpretations]

I enjoyed this. It took some time to interpret which is great (more 'show don't tell' please) and the questions asked on here helped piece something together.

So Sachi was missing for three months. We're not given many clues but probably enough. The 'boyfriend' is gone (Sachi talks about how close they were that his smell got into her stuff) and a lot of songs have been written about someone she loves/loved. when they kiss for the first time in the 2nd chapter, Kei notices the tobacco smell is diffrent.

Kei knows Sachi is weak, or rather struggling. And so she takes it upon herself to prove to Sachi she is strong by piercing her ear. She substitutes her ear for Sachi's and later herself for the guy. She doesn't want the piercing nor does she want to smoke. But she is doing these things for Sachi.

In chapter 1 Sachi is singing a song she wrote. Kei tells her to stop smoking (though i don't think Sachi was a smoker since she doesn't taste of it) and Sachi responds that she needs to stop and remembers the 'boyfriend'. There are a number of ways to go but perhaps, just perhaps, she starts letting go of him. Maybe not, though it seems an acknowledgment that it isn't working or cannot work. She is surely not talking about the act of her smoking though.

Sachi decides not to pierce her ears because she has Kei who did it in her stead. She also wants to get new headphones to get rid of the smell. I think Sachi has lingering feelings but wants to get over them. And maybe Kei is just a rebound but Sachi needs her and Kei knows that.

Also, i doubt they seperated. If they did, why is Kei smoking? Kei takes it upon herself to fulfil a position that she thinks Sachi needs. The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't know? Something about familiarity perhaps.

Anyway, that was heaps of fun. Hopefully i didn't miss anything important.

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 6:06AM

joined Oct 13, 2015

[edit: spelling, punctuation and general cleaning up]

Glad to see the demand of blood. Will remember this chapter later and still be mad.

Diaclaimer: what follows is not entirely written towards the quote. I may have gone on a bit of a rant.

People are way too sensitive about cheating. I actually don't mind it...this series is pretty good.

I agree

I cannot understand. Do you mean being cheated on, being the cheater or both is wrong? i may be weird but discovering that i was cheated on and lied to for a number of months really cut deep. And when given the opportunity i always declined because it would mean breaking someone's trust and hurting them.

And if you meant for the story, that the cheating in the story was fine for the storyline; yes. Otherwise we have no story. But people empathise with the characters. More seem sympathetic towards the dad or the daughter because they have less relative control over the situation compared to the friend and mom. The cheating works for much of the first chapter because we see the mom's perspective and understood what it does for her. but there's more wrong with this situation than just cheating now we see through the daughter. The cheating is, though not the root cause, certainly exacerbating things.

This notion of the mother feeling neglected and she's cheating because, though the husband provides financial support, he gives nothing else. I have seen no evidence that the wife is any better. He goes to work, does his job, comes home (maybe goes out but in these examples he is sober and home early enough to see his daughter). She's doing a Fucking terrible job raising her child in a home where she cheats on her husband in front of her daugher with an underage child. Read that sentence again. He doesn't speak to her, compliment her or notice her? Did she even speak to him? Ask him how his day was? Say anything nice to or about him at all?
No. Their marriage has gone to shit not because of him but both of them. It was stable but unfulfilling. Not perfect but more than what a lot of people get. She wanted attention and the moment someone gave it to her, she let them do as they wanted.

Next, the love thing. The mother certainly doesn't love the girl which is besides the point. The child may be in love with the mother but it's the adult's responsibility to stop that. This whole notion of forbidden love is nonsense. It makes it sound more romantic than it should. 2 men/woman? 3 people? A harem? One man and his right hand? Who cares as long as it involves consenting adults. There are certain laws in place for damn good reason. Does a pedophile love a child? Maybe. doesn't make it fine even if it is love from both sides.

Lastly, that cliché end. Daughter is inlove with friend? I don't see where that was alluded to. the friend turns out to be a smug little bitch anyway. And finish it off with the worst bit of 'i'm rooting for you' crap. You're supporting the 'friend' that's only close to you now to get to your mom, who is cheating on your dad. You SUPPORT that? The girl you like nonetheless - though who knows why, the friends you were chatting with earlier were prettier and less bitch-like.

Sorry. I'll return to my cave now.

last edited at Jun 14, 2017 6:52AM

joined Oct 13, 2015

Certainly respect to the author. People seem quite split on which will be more interesting which speaks volumes of a good setup.
Personally would order them as 2, 3, 1.
Thouh i didn't particularly like the slap, it has allowed for three very strong introductions.

joined Oct 13, 2015

I bet all the husbands in these will be scumbags too. Because of course they will.

We know there isn't anything bad between the third woman and her husband. I'm going to assume he's alright. The second? probably a shitter.

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

Not to pick nits, but the translation says "Scissor!" when Asane clearly throws paper (and paper beats rock, so that's how she wins the game). Was this a mistake or did she say one thing and throw another (which would cause a big fight in any RPS game I've ever played. XD)

Also, I'm really coming around on this author. The stories are super simple to this point but cute and right in my strike zone, and the art is growing on me. Hope she puts out something for purchase at some point!

Aren't they just saying 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' as part of the chant? We usually say (for god knows what reason) 'Ching, Ching, Cha' and reveal on the 'Cha'.

joined Oct 13, 2015

That felt all downhill from chapter 1. Everytime something interesting shows up, it quickly gets thrown out. Just like the manga itself. One moment of interest followed by it ending.

OhMyGecko
Happy End discussion 05 May 20:07
joined Oct 13, 2015

Read this and a similar ending manga on the same day. Fuck today, i'm going to bed.

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

I can't see anything except ugly hands.

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

Why do cute little gay girls so often sound homophobic in manga?

Not so much being homophobic, but denial of acceptance. Societal worry, not wanting to be hurt? I think it is a nuance.

I think you put it better than i could. Thanks.

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

I didn't think it was too difficult to follow. And my 'what?' reaction at the end was because i didn't really get the point of this story.
Perhaps that's just me but occassionally i do think 'why was this made a story?'

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

I'm a bit late to the party but that was clever. And touching. It certainly led me on.

joined Oct 13, 2015

I Really enjoyed that dark fantasy vibe it had going.

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

Why do cute little gay girls so often sound homophobic in manga?

OhMyGecko
joined Oct 13, 2015

Does this mean we'll get to see that adorable little psychopath?

OhMyGecko
Mikarun X discussion 17 Mar 02:17
joined Oct 13, 2015

This was the first yuri i ever read. What a place to start. Had forgotten about it until now.

joined Oct 13, 2015

Hana made me angry in this chapter but then I remembered what hina said In the previous chapter. It makes sense now

I had forgotten until i read your comment. Thanks for that.

OhMyGecko
Image Comments 01 Feb 06:23
joined Oct 13, 2015
Dog_and_cat_by_flauschtraut-d7o0sls

Inugami fawning over so many other girls makes me think, unironically, 'what a bitch'.