Forum › Posts by ninrok

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Ambiguous, lol...

Well personally i found Morinaga annoying with the wingwoman act. But that's probably just me.

I suppose she was a bit, like getting into someone else's business is kind of annoying. She is helping their relationship develop faster or even develop at all though, since we can tell her own love didn't go so well because she didn't have a miraculous wingwoman to help herself

Yeah, this is where I'm at on Morinaga as well. I Was worried when she was introduced but now, I'm a fan haha.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

LOL Alright, well I'm in.

ninrok
Still Sick discussion 28 Jul 10:24
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Wonderful series, thank you translators for your hard work. <3

ninrok
Image Comments 26 Jul 13:43
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015
Osumoto1_1286062318816641024_2

@Zeltrech55 Haha, it's one of my favorite tropes too XD

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I feel you Tsuruta
I know what you feel when you love someone you can't have

Yeah, I honestly have to say, I know the feeling waaaay too well. And it seems like he's going to do the right thing.

ninrok
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Jul 18:11
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

"Guess I'll die."

LMAO

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Aaaaand subscribed.

I so relate to Renko. I'm so bad at socializing with people...

Seriously same, it's taken me years to get slightly decent at it, and it takes so much energy, especially as an introvert. People wonder why I don't like huge getogethers and I've had to explain so many times, it can feel like work just keeping myself sounding and looking "normal."

Blaaargh.

last edited at Jul 22, 2020 6:16AM

ninrok
Image Comments 20 Jul 21:54
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015
83031103_p0

@shadesan things I didn't know I wanted to read... until just now

last edited at Jul 20, 2020 9:54PM

ninrok
SHY discussion 09 Jul 03:13
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

...I love this darn manga. XD

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yeah, at this pint they seem to just... keep trying to brush over everything with sex instead of just being even slightly open. That's not healthy...

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 11:13AM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I am not hoping for it to be yuri at this point but can they at least live together forever and not have any guy with them? Lol

Eternal gal pals?

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I did not notice that third hand at first haha!

Lewd hands MULTIPLY!

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Well if you're thinking about it author, I'm looking forward to more thoughts of it

...I was trying to come up with some clever way of saying "please make this a series" and it did not work lol.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I honestly had to do breathing exercises before opening this chapter because I was just so worried. A manga never made me feel this way before. I’m glad they got away from Tazune; I hope he never ever shows up again.

Right? That whole time I was on pins and needles and I just kept thinking "oh god they're near the tracks please don't..."

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

That really got to me by the end.

...these darn onions. sniffle

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

So this is a cute chapter, and I've never seen this series before... I was quite interested.

...and then they go and tease a rap battle lmao

I am now all in, I need to read the rest of this.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Was Wholesome always a tag or is that new? I'm pretty sure that's new. Or I'm crazy

I do believe it's new. Or I'm blind.

Though both could be true...

(No seriously though, pretty sure it's new lol)

ninrok
Wholesome discussion 17 May 01:51
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Bless this tag, so glad that Dynasty-scans added it in!
A while ago I wanted to add a "happy ending" tag but realized it would be obvious spoilers.
This is such a better solution! If you want to read something that'll put a big, stupid, happy grin on your face after reading, then this is the tag for you!

This is, indeed, the tag for me. I'm pretty sure it was made personally for me.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Oh, shit... He's gonna push her in the tracks...

My first thought and biggest fear the moment I saw him: he's going to push one of them on the tracks.

God please let me be wrong, my heart could not take it...

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

D'awwwwwww

I needed that happiness right now

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yah, the vibe I get is that X gives no F's, while the rest of her generals are kinda just bumbling around and barely following orders, becoming less threatening the more time they spend in the "filthy human world."

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015
  • throws chair out of window and screams into the night *

(Although real talk, this is the story of my whole love life lol, well minus the girl X girl part but yeah, too shyyyyyyyy)

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

If this were a more serious story (not that it doesn't have quite serious moments) I would be more critical of Iori's behaviour but as it happens I just like this story and I'm just trying to say I get Iori's reaction. Maybe the methods a bit too much and I can totally understand if you find it inexcusable but at the end of the day it is a fictional story with some realistic element, at least to me.

Personally, although I've liked this story pretty well all along, the casual domestic violence part isn't working for me anymore, and my reaction does come from the contradictory genre/tonal signals the series has been sending.

If the genre of this were pure slapstick comedy all along, that would be one thing, but in a story that's spent considerable time exploring themes of pretty extreme interpersonal violence in a serious way, the idea that a person's expression of self-doubt about the relationship results in a bandaged wound is just too dissonant to be enjoyable.ead

This is exactly what really has turned me off. The author brought in a toxic, violent relationship to highlight (supposedly) this new one being better.

And even in this latest chapter, that moment she grabs her was really off-putting.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yeah this is uncomfortable, what the heck

ninrok
Semelparous discussion 23 Apr 22:50
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Dang... yeah after giving it a full read now, I’m not a fan of this at all. The idea is kinda interesting? But then the breast sizes... I thought maybe I was being a prude or something, but seeing it’s a problem for more people, I feel a bit better about my issue with it lol.

It’s super distracting when trying to set up something that’s supposed to be somewhat serious.
It’s weird too, I didn’t really have a problem with the art in previous works, and the one shot was pretty tame overall having re-read it... but the sizes here are insane. That, and I really really just liked the setup of the one-shot far better.

Anyhow, won’t stank up the discussion with my thoughts after this. Might revisit later to see if my opinion changes, but overall just not my cup of tea.

I really wonder why Ogino made that change. I really liked where the one-shot left off, and the setup in general. This feels kinda... Expected? Usual? Not to down it per say, I'm going to follow it... But it seemed like an unnecessary change.

But, I'm going to trust the author on this one since I've liked their work. Just really super curious about that as a writer myself, I guess.

I think it is for the purpose of plot line content and character development, I guess the childhood friends route would have simplified the series and made a very monotonous theme if we were going to be reading several chapters of this story. I'm just guessing though.

I think that’s a fair point, but Iono’, seemed like there was potential to just tell more of that story between them rather than erase that angle. It wasn’t just flat-out doomed to be monotonous. But, to be fair, might’ve just wanted to do a “what if” version , or maybe this is the story they would have told with more space than a one-shot.

It’s interesting to think about, and even if I prefer the one shot, this isn’t without it’s merits.

I do fully admit that I much preferred the relationship between two equals as well. I definitely have a “childhood friends” bias, heh.

last edited at Apr 23, 2020 11:01PM