Forum › Posts by HellAQA

HellAQA
Image Comments 27 Nov 22:20
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
85918476_p0

I've blacklisted Touhou doujins because they're everywhere, I don't understand the franchise, and the art is so bizarre and I don't like it. But this image is like legitimately awesome. It looks more like Darkstalkers or Castelvania than Touhou. If all Touhou fanart looked like this (and didn't have those dumb bows), I would probably read the stuff. Don't even know Touhou and this is an instant favorite. Has such great energy, too.

HellAQA
Image Comments 23 Nov 20:31
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

^ Peebs is a top, obvs.

HellAQA
Image Comments 23 Nov 20:28
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
75777290_p0

^ Estelle's smart. I feel like there's this misconception in the community that she's a dumb noble with zero intelligence. She's naive of the ways of the world and gives dangerous people the benefit of the doubt sometimes, but she's actually very smart and clever. Estelle's more than a surface impression.

HellAQA
Image Comments 23 Nov 20:25
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Entiqm-w4aixp8n-orig

I can't fucking handle these two.

HellAQA
Rough Maker discussion 22 Nov 12:29
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

There are so many different opinions in this thread. Personally, Touko's always kinda bothered me. The first time I saw Yuu and Sayaka interact, I was really taken aback by how compatible they were. Not because of their attraction to each other, but because of their clashing personalities. This pairing is very not love at first sight so imagining them getting closer after high school is really appealing to me. Idk what else there is to read that could give me a dynamic like this. It's such a tease!

HellAQA
Image Comments 19 Nov 00:30
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Emrmhjjuuaa585c-orig

I haven't seen the new stuff, but they've been releasing new songs for K/DA over the last month or so along with a new video, a new skin line, a new member (Seraphine), and I think an event. There might even be a new short story(ies). The first video couldn't hold back the gay so I assume the new stuff hasn't either.

HellAQA
Image Comments 17 Nov 03:47
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Ekjp0qyvmae5jrq-orig

The amount of love this artist shows to Amber gives me life. I'll take Amber over a thousand Dilucs any day of the week.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Anyone who talks shit about Akira from here on out is gonna catch these hands.

Man I love Akira, and that's it, that's the post.

Well said.

HellAQA
Image Comments 10 Nov 20:46
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Emks8ovucaeoi1l-orig

I have no idea what the brother is like. Lumine is Baemine.

HellAQA
Weird Love discussion 07 Nov 04:52
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

that's kinda sus

HellAQA
Image Comments 03 Nov 07:51
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Menat_mai_comm_by_cutesexyrobutts_dd00o7a-fullview

Considering how gay street fighter is, I'm amazed there isn't more yuri for it.

HellAQA
Image Comments 28 Oct 01:24
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Ek0xcqbuyaayhyh-orig

I got Sucrose on my third x10 attempt and I fucking screamed. Also, I know Noelle is a guarantee, but I love her. Hope I get Jean, though. She's a hottie and I can def dig this pairing. But Lisa keeps calling Lumine (Traveler) "cutie" and hardcore flirting so I have a hard time not shipping her with MC.

HellAQA
Image Comments 24 Oct 04:13
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Blind

^ That's, like, you're opinion, man.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have a hard time playing male pc games because a) I generally don't like how men are written (duh there's exceptions but generally) and b) playing men gives me dysphoria. I tried playing a vn a couple days ago whose protagonist was called "Lesley." Nowhere in the game's description was the protag's gender listed despite it being a choice-based dating sim. I was only a few minutes in before a character referred to me as a "guy." I alt+f4'd so fast and then disassociated for five minutes. But, again, that's just me. I know I'm missing out on some swanky game experiences by avoiding male protag games, but idc. I can't do it. I'm amab and that sucks enough.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Wowzers, Chloe...

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Is MC an asexual lesbian? I need this in my life so bad. Not only has she had to contend with heteronormativity, but now she has to deal with society's expectations of traditional relationship dynamics. I don't expect this story to go the asexual route because Japan is 10+ years behind modern social rights issues, but I can dream.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Too lewd.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Reading this alongside unrequited feelings really makes me think.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Oh jeez, oh jeez! Finally, some action! The chapter's call "United Front (Part I)" which tells me that they will have to work together for mutual gain. They're gonna hate every second of it and it's going to be fucking fantastic. I swear, these girls saw the tsundere trope and decided that it needed jet fuel.

HellAQA
Roid discussion 27 Sep 00:21
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

So wait, was prez the one shown next to Meg at the end? She's appeared so little and typically as a smaller "background" version of herself that I honestly can't recognize her in a close-up. And, on that note, I find it hard to be "wow, omg, what a twist" about this if it is the prez because we know basically nothing about her and her relationships with the other girls are cursory at best. Maybe I need to reread, but I really don't know a thing about her, other than that she has the leave to go somewhere constantly and frequently speaks to the detective alone after group chats.

As for the virus thing, anyone getting Ergo Proxy vibes? Virus that infects machines and makes them autonomous? Hm, sounds sus.

HellAQA
Image Comments 18 Sep 22:25
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Sick_by_samanthadoodles_dd52qkv-fullview

It's almost an exclusively western property so I actually never expected it to appear here. I know we have stuff like Owl House and She-Ra on here, but comic universes have always been rare in anime/manga spaces.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I don't see the hate for this series. I don't know about yagakimi status, but it is very good. It's one of my favorites that's currently ongoing. I went off on the writing in my last comment because Canno's a master of symbolism, but I like the story a lot, too. It's a very stress-free story and I just love all the character interactions. The art is gorgeous, the facial expressions are hella fun, and I love how diverse the girls are.

Rin's a darling and is the linchpin for the polycule. Mayuki is that traditional school-girl shoujo protag but is surprisingly assertive in a really satisfying way, like she's naturally finding her confidence. Akira is the standard senpai archetype in a love triangle, but since the triangle's gonna end in a polycule, she's gonna go on an interesting developmental journey.

Ch6 is easily my favorite 'cause it's the turning point for the narrative. Mayuki still needs to fall for Rin and Rin needs to fall for Akira, but before this chapter, Akira was kinda on the outside. This chapter has pulled her into the triangle officially where before she wasn't even considering Mayuki while focusing on Rin. Now, she knows Rin likes Mayuki and that Mayuki likes her. This is just a delicious pretzel and I can't wait to see it get baked.

Overall, I think it's a really fun story and shows great potential for character growth, which is something I love seeing in stories. And I've been reading since ch1 so I've watched the development slowly and I still love Akira. Ya'll are just mean.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Omfg, Canno's a mad genius. Hold on, I gotta go off for a hot minute.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#22

Top-left panel of this page. Mayuki and Akira are depicted above the knees so we can see their heights. Mayuki is self-conscious about her height, it being tied to her feelings of insecurity about her basketball skills and assumed immaturity. Akira is taller, being older, in the next "tier" of school, better at basketball, and "mature." These are all qualities Mayuki desires for herself so she can be an acceptable partner for Akira. I might be reading too much into this next point, but there's a little foreshadowing in their positions. Japanese text reads right-to-left so Mayuki is "in front of" Akira, even though Akira is assumed to be "better" in all respects. Akira is even patting her head like Makuki's a child. Through her actions and her speech, it's clear that Akira views her as a kouhai and not as a peer like Mayuki wants to be.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch07#19

Bottom-left panel. This is a two-page spread with the panel in question going across both. For pages up to the point, Akira has gone from in front of Mayuki, to stopping, to being surpassed by her. This progression is shown by looking at their feet. Reading from right-to-left, Akira is not only behind Mayuki, but on the previous page. She near the end of her page, stopped, while Mayuki is about to walk onto the next turn.

In chapter one, and up until this point, Akira has always viewed herself not only superior to Amyuki, but "out of her league." She viewed Mayuki as a child, maybe a protege, a cute friend who doesn't need to be taken seriously. It's in this moment where she realizes that she's been underestimating Mayuki. Mayuki is her romantic rival, in her eyes, and now must be taken seriously. But she's having doubts.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch07#24

Mayuki proves to be a better kisser than Akira. She's physically overwhelmed, but also emotionally, collapsing to the floor. The positions of the two have now switched from #22 of ch1. Akira is below Mayuki and on the left side. I think this might imply that it's her turn to develop. This is the start of her arc where she needs to realize what she wants and her place in the lives of Rin and Mayuki.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch07#26

Akira's perspective is solidified with her shock in this page and the final line: "she was supposed to be a mere 'junior'..."

I think Canno is an incredible writer and really knows how to use both text and visuals to convey the narrative. The symbolism here is really impressive and I just had to gush for a bit. When I got to that two-page spread, I was dumbstruck. It really shows what the comic medium is capable of in storytelling.

HellAQA
Image Comments 15 Sep 06:28
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Eewyootu8aathbj-orig

^ Technically, sure, but Sothis and Byleth are still unique individuals. They aren't clones or anything. It's more like two minds sharing one body.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

surprised pikachu face

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

l'il bit NSFW there at the end...

Don't worry, it's just the tip.