Forum › Posts by NexiKuro

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I hope Mochi will not be dragging this way too much because it's honestly cliched and contrived at the same time. Aside from the art, the story is subpar in comparison to the usual storytelling that Mochi is capable of doing.

Wait, why are you acting like Mochi is a good writer? Mochi is great at pacing his/her stories, but they're never great stories either. They're your usual yuri cliche stories paced better and with a little twist, but nothing extraordinary. Still, its only the second chapter so we were never getting the gender revelation on the second chapter. I feel like it would drag longer than Mochi's other stories, but not that much seeing how much Kanda is already thinking of ways in making her realize she's a girl. Ch. 3 would probably be about "Gotta make her notice my gender" shenanigans, MC is going to remain clueless and maybe it'll end with someone revealing it to the MC with a throwaway line.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Kanda gives up and announces that she's been turned in to a girl and the MC just completely buys it. Next thing she knows Kanda is being dragged to pride rallies and a trip to Europe so they can get married. I feel like it would be the Mochi thing to do.

Bonus points if her parents are just as ridiculous.

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Aren't thumb rings an old school (western/US?) identifier for lesbians? I wonder what popular foreign drama series Sakurako was watching.

NexiKuro
SHY discussion 30 Sep 04:34
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Hope we get a tender loving moment next chapter while she is recovering as someone mentioned she does resemble hibiki from symphogear I just hope they at least show us some yuri eventually unlike symphogear so much build up for disappointment. No real confession just interpretation. We wanted them to be Canon

Yeah, some hurt/comfort would be good right now. I'm not sure if this is the kind of manga that will get that soft though.

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I thought this resolution was alright. Their relationship was always in this weird place and now they can at least try to approach each other from similar positions. They're a bit more on the same page now, though they need to talk everything through.

Bit disappointed it's still "senpai" and not Shizuka/Asami, kind of feels like there needs to be some more progress than just this. But hey, at least they're moving!

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Felt a bit rough and unfocused in places, but overall it has potential, depending how the story progress. Though I have to say her just casually breaking the door, well, broke my suspension of disbelief a bit.

That being said... soooooooooo what's up with the Toyko falling apart? Is that a real thing or author just made that up for dramatic tension and foreshadowing?

In the beginning the train for Tokyo is completely empty save the protagonist. I think Tokyo falling apart will probably be a plot point.

Can you imagine?
Noble pilgrim unwittingly helps her god survive in an increasingly apocalyptic Tokyo by applying lessons she's learned from a post-apoc manga(obviously the god can't do it herself for reasons). Meanwhile their budding romance gives a mangaka the inspiration she needs to put pure hope into her story, which is then used by a cabal of editors to save Tokyo/the world.

That's is one of the most galaxy brain plots I've ever seen on this site. If even half of that happens it'll be so good, I'm completely sold lmao.

Or to go a level deeper: What if the editors are causing the deterioration of Tokyo in order to get Mao to find the love she needs to elevate her work? Does it pivot into a sentai/action series?

I really doubt that this series could fill the hole left in me by Assistant Denki Keika, but what if it does?

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Oh I am so glad to see some progress with Mariri and Sempai.

Shouldn't the progress rather be with Yumimi?

I think they meant Mayuyu(2nd year) with sempai.

I also wonder what Yumimi and Nononon were both doing that caused them to be late?

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

They totally already kissed so why would they get embarrassed about an indirect one?

Because Lily is a useless lesbian

Kind of funny to think that a useless lesbian is playing the straight man to a straight* woman.

*Well, "straight" I guess. Her sexuality is currently on hold right?

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Indeed, I have like absolute no idea how can you pair an exhibitionist with a hardcore fujoshi and make them have something in common, I mean, I can't even think of a situation where they could talk but it's gonna happen and I'm looking forward to that!!
Ah... well, Nao is from the student council so maybe they have business with the art club, that's the only reason I can think

Idk about them meeting, but I wouldn't say they have nothing in common. Onibi has a wild imagination and Nao seems pretty okay with doing wild things,I think they could definitely keep up with each other.

I could easily see them end up similar to the couple from: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/paradise_and_after

As a more general note re the previous batch of chapters: It looks like Chie and Ai have gotten way closer and much more comfortable with each other. It kind of feels like they've had a whole romance manga worth of progress off screen.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Stockholm Syndrome Slavery Snek ... Not Vore? ^^

Lizard

Definitely Lizard

She's a snake woman surrounded by fish guards, if anything this is definitely Not Lizard

edit: Also I'm loving this author's style, it's got that classic feeling and it's very indulgent? It's great.

last edited at Aug 22, 2019 6:48PM

NexiKuro
VAMPEERZ discussion 17 May 18:57
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Im not here to argue or anything and you may have a point here, but i feel if you are going to call someone a vampire i think you should atleast follow some of the guide-lines.
Like the only substane a vampire can consume is blood and the sun should mean nothing more than a slow painfull death.

And yes those pancakes looks delicius~

Not to turn this into a whole thing, but Carmilla(one of the foundational vamps) didn't have either of those weaknesses IIRC. She was more about occasionally sleeping in a grave and being compelled to slowly drain the girls she was romancing..
If only she survived long enough to see a world with blood transfusions and decent psychiatrists.

Anyway, my point is that there are really only two things required to make a vampire, some kind of blood requirement and living forever. Everything else is pretty much optional, though some things are rarer than others(like turning into a big black cat). I've read plenty of stories and I don't think I've ever encountered unrelated stories with identical vampires, so with all that variety and almost no consistency there's no real point in getting invested in the rules.

EDIT: Also a bit more on topic; that final page is exactly the kind of dumb-ass stuff I loved about Prism. So I guess I'm glad Shou is doing a series again, thank you translators.

last edited at May 17, 2019 7:12PM

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I like how Nikaidou leaves to their left which looks to go on for awhile and then three panels later she shows up to their right implying she just did a lap around that building in a matter of seconds.

Yeah that confuses me. I like the scene but we don't even know where they are in order to guess how sakurako went one way and showed up another. Unless maybe your theory is what the artist intended as the joke.

I think it's a joke, it fits the pattern of her snatching a baseball out of the air, beating truck-kun to Tadokoro and getting a perfect score on the first game she's ever played.

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

It looks like I've made a bit of a mess trying to explain my point.

You certainly do have a point, my analogy actually wasn't a great fit for this situation. Unlike in my example of an asshole calling random people or things they don't like gay when they aren't, in this case it is the world's psychiatric experts, the people who literally define what is and is not mental illness, classifying gender dysphoria as a mental illness which in doing so has literally made it so.

My analogy was mostly trying to illustrate that there is a harmful bias in thinking that being gay or mentally ill is bad thing that people should be ashamed of. People shouldn't think that calling somebody gay or mentally ill is an insult beyond the fact that its not nice to miscategorize somebody as something that they are not.

It's not so much that I think the individual people who get diagnosed as mentally ill and are upset about it are really to blame so much as society's attitude overall. Which is the same for my analogy about people using gay as some sort of general negative insult.

The difference being that with the gay analogy the person they are calling gay actually isn't and the guy doing it is just some asshole where as in the other case we have the world's definitive treatise on mental illness defining somebody as mentally ill and they are becoming offended by it because they view mentally ill people in a negative light and do not wish to think of themselves that way.

Sadly, what I had intended to just be a quick one off comment on how it's not good to stigmatize mental illness has turned into quite the tangential derail. Hopefully, I have cleared up what I was trying to say this time.

It's not like people involved with transgenders were super happy with the DSMV. It's still on the conservative side and conflates being transgender with experiencing dysphoria/impairment which isn't always the case(the upcoming ICD-11 won't include that requirement and calls it gender incongruence). Also the whole point of replacing "identity disorder" with "dysphoria" was to avoid labeling it a disorder, because being transgender isn't a disorder.

The only disorder-like thing about being transgender is the optional distress/anxiety/impairment caused by not being able to match your gender identity. And that acts more like a symptom or a side effect than a disorder: Transitioning so that your body/presentation matches your gender identity kind of just kind of makes it disappear which is unusual for an actual mental disorder. It's superficially similar to body dysmorphic disorder, but the latter doesn't just go away when you change your appearance.

If you force gay people into straight relationships they'll probably experience some real despair too, does that make being a gay a mental illness? Hell, would a straight man struggling inside a same sex relationship qualify as mentally ill?

EDIT: I do get your point, but it's wrong.

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 9:42PM

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

“They’re all ♡ friends ♡ and sexual ♡ minorities”
Lol yeah right.

Haha. The Asa-Gin interaction in these chapters makes the "all ♡ friends ♡" bit kind of hard to sell.

Asa is still my favorite character. She really went all-out with the villainous act this time... but, somehow, it only made even more obvious that it's just a show. You know, I really can't figure what it is that she wants from Sumon. Why would a lesbian care so much about some hunky stud's love life? Why is she so adamant about making him date Gin? I wish Gin had the pluck to demand an explanation.

Next chapter we'll find about her past, it would seem. (Color me surprised: I hadn't pegged her for someone with a Marimite background! lol)

I think it's just a petty love triangle because she was kissing the other girl who liked gin which puts me off at this point.

This is a good take, judging by Ogura's reaction and what we've seen with Asa this was probably targeted at Ogura more than Sumon.

That said we still don't know why, assuming she's trying to prevent Ogura from going for Sumon it could be for a variety of reasons. It could be possessiveness or petty revenge, but it could also be due to something we don't know about Sumon yet.

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

We weren't able to become true friends.

Betting it's because they are useless lesbians who ended up both saying they don't want to be (just) friends and then stopped meeting because of the misunderstanding

I wonder if that means that, in addition to being more catlike than ordinary catalus, congenital catalus are also even more useless than ordinary lesbians.

NexiKuro
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 14:59
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Why does it feel like this series never gets anywhere?

It's going somewhere, just not the way you like, I guess.

You mean right back to where we started? Because as it stands I wouldn't be surprised if we get some big play that ends the engagement just like what happened in chapter 2. The only question is whether Yuzu will do it or someone else.

Right now Mei is deciding how Yuzu should feel for her, which I feel like is something that this series has also already grappled with and condemned as well(I don't remember anymore). So I don't expect the engagement to stick unless the series ends and Saburouta goes for the convenient sham marriage ending.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 2:59PM

NexiKuro
Their Story discussion 03 Dec 17:58
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

oh hooo boy. let me guess. Sun Jing is going to have this girl over at her place, and we are going to get some cliche misunderstanding action going.

I doubt it. The girl is probably relevant for Mobhead's storyarc (whatever that might be) and will not interfere in the main relationship.

I'm guessing it'll dive into his reasons for the exchange on these three pages: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_05032016_update#4 (first)

There's clearly a reason why he didn't want her interest so I'm hoping we're going to find out what it is. Maybe he hurt someone before?

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I kind of liked this one, maybe a bit short but it gets the message across.

I wonder if this can be called high concept romance, because the focus is definitely more on them navigating this weird relationship than them as characters.

Conceptually it reminds me of the Go Get A Roomie webcomic: a no-romance promiscuous type anchors herself in a friendship with someone who's practically in stasis, and feelings happen.
So if you're disappointed by the execution here go read that I guess.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I'd love for this to be a full series, starting from when Okabe and Yuria first meet.

So they could put a lot of unnecessary drama, love triangles, maybe threatening with het? A comedy series could work. But most authors usually lose track of what they want to do when making a more serious story.

Love triangles, drama, het? Are we really going to be this traumatized forever, c'mon guys the yuri landscape is not -that- bad.

Besides We've already got 3 successful series set around Idol management on the site (if you count Strawberry Shake) and while they do have some drama none have love triangles or any significant amounts of het. IIRC Aqua Blue Cinema has some ex stuff, but I wouldn't call that a love triangle. (3rd one is Twin Cake)

Anyway, I'd be down for a full series of this. I feel like it's got some great Their Story potential, which also started off fragmented and art heavy. The biggest problem I can see is that this would likely end up going through a publisher, which means it would probably get a more rigid structure and pacing. If only japan was big on self published web comics and patreon.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I expect next chapter will be big sis' point of view on what happened, and probably thinking li'l sis hated her so distanced herself while pining for her after going to college.

Nah, she distanced herself because she failed her exams by being too distracted by her sinful feelings for her little sister.

NexiKuro
Ayakashiko discussion 17 Jun 18:37
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I'm a bit disappointed that Nene didn't demonstratively went to sleep on the sheets between them.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Yo isn't there a way for two mother's to get pregnant without the use of a donor sperm? I believe it's some new genetic development I was reading about.

They're working on creating artificial sperm/egg cells it but it's all very experimental right now. I'd wager lesbian science daughters are still almost decade away.

NexiKuro
Ayakashiko discussion 19 May 13:31
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Poor Mahoro she finally gets a classmate who wants to interact with her but all they're interested in are her youkai friends, RIP

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

She really is super smooth, good lord. fans self
You know all the harem girls are going to end up falling over each other to get to her. And I can't wait for whatever weirdness will involve ms boobs later on though, whatever adversarial thing they've got going on right now is going to end up great!

On the topic of immortality though; it's not that unique for vampires to extend human lifespans. I think it happens at least semi-regularly in vampire fic. Although it's usually tied to said human drinking the vampire's blood, which then gives them all kinds of perks. So really the only new thing here is the LOVE angle, which, in a so far bloodless vampire manga, somehow isn't that surprising.

last edited at May 15, 2017 1:36PM

NexiKuro
Image Comments 14 May 20:23
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

^ I think it's the leash that's confusing you. It goes under Amelie's leg to her hand but looks like a second outline of her butt.

This is also 3 of my favorite things, more please!

NexiKuro
20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Xbox 360 controller and a mouse/keyboard with a PPIII (PS3?) copy of the game, seems legit ;)

IIRC you could plug a mouse and keyboard into the PS3, I remember a guy on dutch TV saying that he felt bad about abusing that in Unreal Tournament 3.(but not bad enough to stop doing it)

The xbox controller is a bit harder to explain. Although the PS3 was a pretty open platform, maybe Shirakaba is a bigger nerd than we expected?