afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy the anthology here.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

my bad, we'll do loan words literally from now on.

I appreciate that. Seeing the transliteration of English words rather than the English words the characters are trying to say in the first place just sets me on edge.

Someone doesn't get sarcasm, it seems...

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Support the artist here.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy the anthology here.

Was hoping its in English since its worth buying!

We wouldn't be scanlating it if it was available in English, lol.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy the anthology here.

afkeroge Uploader
Delta discussion 06 Feb 14:32
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

These are NOT the girls from Gamma. At least, that's what Ogino Jun wants you to think by writing their names here in katakana.

Perhaps they've just dropped the kanji along with the honorifics? Since they're close friends now.

In that case, they'd still use hiragana, not katakana. Look, these girls are definitely not from Gamma wink wink. Do you doubt Ogino Jun's wisdom? And besides, this isn't a doujin. It's a Yuri Hime release. Gamma is from Jump Comics. IP rights will be an issue if he uses the same characters.

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 2:34PM

afkeroge Uploader
Delta discussion 06 Feb 12:35
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy the anthology here.

EDIT: These are NOT the girls from Gamma. At least, that's what Ogino Jun wants you to think by writing their names here in katakana.

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 12:52PM

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Support the artist here.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ikuramorino1102

afkeroge Uploader
Silky discussion 05 Feb 03:01
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Nsfw? For real? It's not like I came here expecting something very sexual but that's just misleading advertising

After thinking about it, yeah. I removed the tag.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy the anthology here.

afkeroge Uploader
Silky discussion 05 Feb 02:30
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy the anthology here.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Buy the anthology here.

afkeroge Uploader
So tell me 02 Feb 10:00
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Haruya is a talented young writer, but to date he can only boast of one outstanding work. Inspiration has faded and all he can do now is write small columns in magazines and play [gambling site] . Everything is measured and monotonous. A suburban cottage, meetings with the editor (a part-time lover). But the usual peace and solitude is gone with the arrival of a teenager named Maki.
Beginning with simple curiosity, Haruya catches himself thinking that he wants to see this strange young man with a troubled fate and a pile of psychological problems all over again. He begins to understand what it means to care for another human being. Everything turns upside down in a twist of fate. But will two people from different worlds have the strength to go all the way? Or is it better to turn back halfway?

The manga has related works. It's best read in this sequence:

1. Holding hands and looking at the sky

2. Tender Thorns

3. The one who will never fall in love

4. Vanilla star

Super roundabout way to post spam about gambling. I respect the creativity lol.

To answer the question, it's just because in the old days (pre-2010), yuri was seen as "pure", so any physical contact between girls is "lewd" and "forbidden". People in the English-speaking world took notice of this weird trope and decided to make fun of it.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 10:07AM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

☑ Touch fluffy tail.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Support the artist here.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sezakiumi

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

When you localize instead of translate accurately, that's erasure of the original cultural background.

Excuse me, what? Accuracy in translation means getting the original message across, not being a glorified machine translator. "Stan", while I don't completely agree with the usage here, is perfectly acceptable and gets the intended vernacular meaning across well enough. Better than leaving it as "oshi". I don't even understand what you mean by "erasure of the original cultural background". What's there to erase with the "localization", in your own words, of the word "推し"? Care to enlighten us?

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 7:07AM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

I bless the rains down in Africa.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Is this still ongoing? It says completed over in MangaDex and ngl I'm a bit satisfied with this ending

Two more chapters and an extra.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Support the artist here.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kawauchi05

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

damn son that's a good title it like a What do you think? (about our relationship) but adapted to sound snappier

Very cute and fun stuff! Their magnetic relationship was in full force and Eli being completely clueless about the whole thing was great.

Oh? Don't think I don't know what you're trying to do here lol. Self-promotion bad.
Also, this was very cute, yeah. They're like an old bickering married couple.

Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Support the artist here.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kawauchi05

afkeroge Uploader
Reversal discussion 24 Jan 11:57
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Best tag? Best tag.