Forum › Posts by Thor

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Nothing says "romance" quite as effectively as a can of red bean soup.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I've always wondered what the metric that is used to distinguish "moderate amounts of sex" and "lots of sex".

Is it based on the number of panels? On the amount of pages? On the percentage of the work devoted to sex?

And why is there a category for one further step up--"insane amounts of sex"--but not one for a further step down--say, "minor amount of sex"?

Obviously, this is something that needs studied, researched, and codified.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

"Well, that escalated quickly, really that got out of hand fast!" --Ricky Bobby in "Elf"

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Ah, the feels!

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

their birthdays almost seemed a little bit... planned dont you think?
almost obvious kind of way... i dunno why their birthdays kinda bothered me but meh.

I'm not sure of the numerical slash historical meaning of 7/7, but seeing the other one's birthday I immediately thought "White Christmas".

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

If I could just go out on a limb for a moment or tree, even though the ending was sappy, it still gave me wood.

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

This will all end in tears.

Or daisy chains.

Depends on what magazine this is published in.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Somehow still not as disturbing as anything by John C Peta.

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Nothing quite like an old-fashioned love story.

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Yuzumori looks way too young for me to get really into this...hoping she gets a little older in the actual series.....

She's actually 57, but all the cigarette smoking in the Showa Era stunted her growth.

Thor
Kase-san discussion 16 Jun 19:05
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I can find Pastebin translations for 12-15, but I'm having no luck for 16-18 (Gifts & Kase-san, Tulips & Kase-san, and Arson & Kase-san). Anyone know of them? Google is not helping.

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Dunno why you're all taking it so seriously

Welcome to the Internet.

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

It's amazing how they can pack a timeless love story for the ages in just 4 pages like that.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I am so glad I popped onto the forum before reading this. The Drama tag sent up warning flags, but from reading this thread, it feels like inadequate labelling.

Based on what I've read in this discussion, I would highly recommend the addition of several existing and appropriate tags: Abuse, Aaaaaangst, Depressing as fuck, and possibly What the fuck am I reading?

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Hey, did anyone else find this story confusing and hard to follow, or was it just me?

Thor
I May To U discussion 01 Jun 00:37
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

She is a first year student but I'm not sure if it's high school or middle school - I don't see it say anywhere - she looks more like a middle school girl to me - but maybe she is just small - what's anyone think?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TeensAreShort

Thor
Cousins discussion 31 May 22:44
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I don't know what to feel about this. I found Miyako a bit forceful. Swap her with a guy and there you have rape.

But the magic of yuri makes it ok I suppose.

Okay, reading your comment, I had to re-read the manga to figure out what you might have been referring to.

And yes, Umi has some protestations, but they are not from a lack of desire to proceed. Her first hesistancy is in pages 8-9 where she is struggling to fully understand and believe that her affection is indeed reciprocated and that she is not just being pranked. Her next objection on pages 11-12 is that they have to stop, not because she is finding the experience unwelcome, but because the kids might hear. Once a token amount of noise mitigation is put into place, the act is once again given a green light. The last possible piece of contention is on pages 14-15 regarding whether Umi is in pain and not enjoying it or not. At the first sign off distress, Miyako stops cold and asks for a status report. Umi admits in her head that it hurts "a little"--but this is pretty clearly due to haste and inexperience on both girls' parts, and not because anyone is forcing anyone to do anything they want. Umi's narration balloon, in fact, states plainly "I don't want it to stop" and she also vocalizes "Please don't stop".

So we have one clarification of validity, one objection due to noise which is addressed, and one instance of discomfort that is judged an inadequate reason to halt the action, due to the net positivity of the experience as a whole. Awkward and fumbling? Yes. Rapey? I'm not seeing it.

Thor
Cousins discussion 31 May 22:16
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I wonder what would have happened if they took just a bit longer...

They might have both fallen pregnant!

Thor
Fragtime discussion 31 May 22:06
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Two chapters left. I hope we don't have to wait a few years to read them in english.

Well, it's a monthly webcomic... so maybe three years?

The series has been finished for a couple of years. Chapter 17 is the final chapter. A translated Chapter 16 is available elsewhere.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

wait,what, what just happened?

Fantasy and realism had a fight and realism lost.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

This is the best Futurama fan art EVAR!

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

That school really has a lot of lesbians.

All the best schools do.

And we finally getting back to the main characters, if only obliquely. (¬_¬)

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Did she get pregnant?

i think it was just imaginary.

As opposed to the documentary factualism of the rest of the story.

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

age is a funny thing in manga, you never know just how old someone is until you count their back wrinkles.

Or cut them open and count the rings.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Aaaaaaaaaangst