Forum › Posts by HypocriticalLiar

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Just my thoughts on the Ji-Hwan bit: I don't, and have never seen Ji-Hwan as the enemy or a jerk.

My best friend and I also go way back (+10 yrs); we have the exact same relationship (except he tortures me more so) and there are no "feelings" between us regardless. To be honest, it may piss me off (a lot), but it's an incredibly fun and freeing friendship. It's fun to be able to say crap to someone, and no matter what it is or what they say, you know you'll still be friends the next day.

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 7:00PM

HypocriticalLiar
Anime season 23 Sep 06:45
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

So Gangsta has a surprise yuri couple (like Psycho-Pass reveal). Characters don't get much screen time though (and I don't particularly like one of the characters -- she's a complete a-hole). Maybe individually they have about 3-4 minutes including all episodes.

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 6:46AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Is the special chapter is like a sub story/chapter?

Break from the story? (◎_◎;)

Yeah, unfortunately y'all. Last time Samba said the exact same thing ("Next week will be a special chapter") and it turned out to not really be a chapter, but a character bio + FAQ.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

omg I've been having the most stressed out week ever, but this just freaking TOTALLY made my day. Watching Seol-a freak out was the cutest thing I've ever seen haha.

And then I got depressed because next week's a chapter special. :(

But ahhhh I'm going to go re-read heh. Thanks halmoni!!

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 5:31PM

HypocriticalLiar
Stretch discussion 13 Sep 21:30
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

idk I think the rest of y'all are crazy.

Keiko's definitely (I'm 100% convinced) not going anywhere permanently. She's most definitely not moving out. If she was, there would have been at least one sideways glance, or distance-gaze, from either of them. But there wasn't. Plus, the whole atmosphere is incredibly playful...i.e. it suggests she's going somewhere temporarily, but they're making it a big deal because it's fun.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

http://pastebin.com/Wj1mixh4

No-rae is straight and she's gonna move to australia with Ji-hwan to find Yu-ji because the real pairing in FF is No-rae/Yu-ji

Thank you halmoni!!

I know this is way in the future, but if you ever prank us by changing all the translated dialogue for Seol-a/No-rae on April Fool's, I'll never forgive you. :C

(At least until you release the real translation lol)

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

omfg that hand. I can't even. shit Seol-a, you move fast.

(It wouldn't be a Korean romance without a love triangle lol. Watch more k-dramas!)

last edited at Sep 13, 2015 11:13AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Kinda sucks how Janet King makes you choose between a really healthy and loving relationship with her wife or the relationship with Erin that everyone wants to happen. I lowkey don't want Ash and Janet to break up but I smile everytime Janet and Erin have a scene together and kinda really want them to marry. Let's see what Season 2 has to offer in the Erin x Janet department.... probably nothing :/

OMG YOU WATCHED IT. YES. I LOVE ERIN x JANET. They're like my third favorite couple of all time (first/second are completely not related to yuri at all XD). To be honest, I don't actually like her relationship with her wife all that much. But I'm possibly being petty ( the job, the easily-pissed-off-ness of J's wife ) & biased (as I like relationship that build from the start, not ones that start a series pre-formed).

HypocriticalLiar
Introduce Yourself..? 03 Sep 16:22
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Blackkitty

Hypo-chan , you are never out of things to say :)
As for my intro, i will not do that to the people, i am annoying enough with my oversharing sometimes xD

Aww you're nice. X) But no, intro!! I'm curious, plus I can't remember you oversharing before...but then again, I do have a horrid memory! (But no srsly, you dont have to share if you don't want to. I'm being silly)

i thought of the Librarian while reading.

LOL, I agree with this description of RandomReader

RandomReader

When I was 16 I took a summer course at a JC and my classmates thought I was 21-24 years old!! Then when I turned 21 people thought I was 28-31.

I'm not sure where to start...the fact that you took a college class at 16 or the fact that you always appeared much older than you actually were (must have been great for buying alcohol though)

last edited at Sep 3, 2015 4:22PM

HypocriticalLiar
Introduce Yourself..? 31 Aug 02:43
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^lmao, I wish that happened to me, tbh. Instead it's the exact opposite. Just yesterday I got asked if I was at least 17 (I'm 23). The other day I went to a bar, I handed my ID to the checker-dude, he checked it, looked at me, and demanded to see the other cards I was holding in my hand (they were credit cards lol). The struggle.

Anyways, I'm procrastinating studying for my exam so eh, I decided why not post a blurb too. (Almost) All of this information is scattered in my various posts anyways XD

So, I'm HL/whatever you want to call me...and fun fact: I regretted my username about 60 seconds after I made the account lol.

Um, what else...I am female, though not into the ladies like most of the rest of y'all guys/gals. For much the same reason as Random Reader, I got into this genre because het stuff got really boring -- same old, same old. (I also went on a yaoi binge for a while, but that became all about sex and then I got massively tired of it too lol)

Other things: 23-yo, graduate student, U.S. based, (happily-ish for complicated reasons) single, plays a few video games, reads comics, etc...and I am the most nervous nellie in the world.

Aha. I'm totally out of things to say. #boringperson

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 2:43AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^it is!! I'm still a little miffed that FF is still 2nd place though...how is comico doing the ratings??

also is it just me or does no-rae seem like she's not flustered about having seol-a at extremely close proximity anymore

tbh, I think she still is flustered. IMO, most of this arc is from Seol-a's perspective. So I think we're only going to "notice" (i.e. Samba will draw it) No-rae getting flustered when Seol-a does, and I think No-rae's always been adept at hiding it to everyone but herself (which is why it was so obvious to us previously).

If you look back, Seol-a never really blushed either (unless I'm remembering it wrong), and that only started this arc (although you could argue that that's because she had her 'aha' moment).

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

That reminds me, I still have to get around to watching Daughters of Club Bilitis. Are there other good lesbian K-Dramas?

Err...if you're using the qualifier good there's only one other that I'd highly recommend, and you might have seen it in another thread (Yuri in Other Media): Painter of the Wind

About the ending:
It has an ambiguous end, but it's heavily implied that the protagonist (female) chases after the entertainer (female).

There's another one that featured a yuri couple, but I really didn't like it at all. You've probably heard of it though, it got a ton of publicity: Seonam Girls High School Investigators.

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 1:06AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

....considering the amount of video games I play, I'm ashamed I didn't know that. Thank you halmoni and terrorbird!!

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

THANK YOU HALMONI.

omg, this break suited me really well. My enthusiasm for FF has returned 100 fold.

So part 1 was No-rae's perspective (majority speaking) and part 2 is mostly Seol-a's, huh? It's cute and working for FF, gotta say.

What does, "Isn't she OP" mean? What's OP?

OMFG. This chapter is going to give me heart problems I swear. "Bang Bang" went straight through Seol-a's heart...Seol-a got pissed when No-rae said it was uncomfortable (omg, I loved this)...and No-rae called Seol-a cute??? SHIT MAN. THIS CHAPTER, I SWEAR.

last edited at Aug 30, 2015 10:23PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

HypocriticalLiar - scissors... and now THINK...

LOL. Thank you. XD

Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

....so it turns out my chrome was being an ass. It works now, thank you. :)

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

the ultimate goal on the list is of course:

^What is that? o.O it looks like two hands passing a fork?

Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

For some reason, I can't see the summer trip. :c

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I read the raws 7 hours ago, and completely forgot about translations. I was appalled at myself. XD They're not out yet, so at least I'm not a completely forgetful fan.

Random Reader

RL has been stressful as of late -_- ....

Aw, I'm sorry. :( I imagine it's your upcoming thesis?

With Seol-a falling asleep on No-rae's shoulder I don't think No-rae had the heart to move her, so she probably stayed like that all night!

^This has become my new headcanon. If halmoni's translation contradicts this, I'm going to be so disappointed.

last edited at Aug 30, 2015 8:22PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

OMG MY HEART. MY COLD, DEAD HEART SKIPPED A BEAT. I LITERALLY FELT A JOLT. OMG. THIS WAS SO FREAKING CUTE. GAHHHH FANGIRLING VERY HARD.

HypocriticalLiar
Introduce Yourself..? 25 Aug 16:52
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Or maybe girls are more talkative and most guys are creepy lurkers.

hah isn't that how it goes in real life as well? no surprise lmao

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

anon

"Family Compo"

I've read quite a bit of it actually, only stopping near the end. Basically a guy ends up living with this family and almost everyone is either (and this is a bit of a spoiler) transsexual or transgendered. The "girl" may or may not actually be a bio-girl, and that's what the entire story is about figuring out (plus the (male) protagonist falling in love with him/her)

last edited at Aug 25, 2015 3:39PM

HypocriticalLiar
Introduce Yourself..? 24 Aug 19:34
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

C: I'm glad takachi; we're just calling it like we see it.

Sigh, I'll explain it a bit better since demisexual isn't something most people get right anyway.

Actually I understand completely. And I also understand your frustration. But I'm not going to explain why, though I suppose you could infer. :P

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

ohhhh got y'all...basically becoming GM is equivalent to becoming God with a crap!ton of baggage. o.o

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Isn't being GM the best part? not that I know much about literal rpg-ing that's not in video games