Forum › Posts by Selene

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Every human being in this manga is trash without self respect. I can’t even choose who I dislike more.
And I thought at first that it was relatable, yeah, sure...
Even art is weird and jumpy. Some frames of Aya are incredibly beautiful, but the rest is really disturbing.

After chapter 9, I wouldn't say the friend, Haruki, is trash. She might be overbearing and nosy, and, well, the "I like how she looked like she'd given up on life" line sounds bad but it could just as easily be an awkward way to try and say she liked her personality. Otherwise (wow, that's a lot of qualifiers sweat), she genuinely seems to care for Aya, considering the confrontation in the cafe.

Kuro..well, things are looking more and more like she really is just trash but it's not impossible for her to turn things around yet.. Maybe. And it wouldn't change what she's done already.

...Okay, yeah, this is looking more toxic as we go but it's not as bad as Age 15! ...yet...

Everyone is delusional.

True.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 3:41PM

Selene
Image Comments 18 Apr 14:27
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
En-1250805539468046338

Millions of peaches, peaches for me!

I seriously thought that's where they were going with this. Well, that she was gonna say she had her own peaches anyway. Didn't realize melons were the crown fruit of Japane.

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 2:33PM

Selene
Prunus Girl discussion 17 Apr 19:55
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Ahh, another reread of a modern classic. Someday, the author will have nothing better to do and will write a spin-off of Non-chan. I just know it. Wishful Thinking

Hmm, what sets this manga apart I think, is that it's so relate-able for so many perspectives. Oftentimes in yuri, the friends of the two main characters always end up paired off in other yuri relationships. It gives the impression that only other lesbians can support lesbians. I get sick of the "everyone's yuri!" trope.. Manga like this are so much better. Realistic.

last edited at Apr 17, 2020 8:13PM

Selene
Nijipuri discussion 15 Apr 06:51
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Just found this for a reread. Everyone pretty much sum up the good and bad points above. For me personally, it was slightly below average from a technical standpoint but still quite enjoyable. And that's from someone who doesn't always enjoy comedy as much.

Also, maybe it's because I wasn't too focused during the reading, but I thought Mihane was on a path to becoming dorm mother after graduating. Though I can also see helping Reika with the family business, even if just to bounce ideas off of. Doing both..I can see that from the newly independent Mihane.

Selene
Image Comments 07 Apr 05:41
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
Metalbat

^
^^
I agree with both statements. For anyone curious on how Kuroko could be a good match though, check out "The Level 5-8 Arc" by TheAntiHero on AO3. I was skeptical too, but it works.

As for Saten here, I had such high hopes for her after her first appearance. Sadly she isn't used to her full potential. :(

Selene
VAMPEERZ discussion 02 Apr 01:36
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Yes, the detail and sensuality of the art is something I am really impressed with. That the comedy it alternates with actually works is even more impressive. I can't recall any others that weren't comedy, sadly. :(

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

So..that was pretty hot. And that Biting. Unf. It was only one panel but it was pretty clear and I think it deserves the tag.

The Drunk tag always makes me nervous when it's not an established couple. Meganeko should still have turned her down that particular night but..well, all's well that ends well this time?

Selene
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Mar 19:25
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

...I really, really like vampires, you guys.

...Me too.

This is vampire done RIGHT. The comedy in this series aside, when it comes to the serious parts, acknowledging the darker side of the vampire mythos is what makes them so hot. The fact that getting her blood sucked makes Ichika feel aroused..that KISS. Kissing Aria while she's still got Ichika's own blood all over her lips.. Hell. Yes.

Selene
Age 15 discussion 10 Mar 18:07
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Asagi Ryuu and dysfunctional "romantic" relationships, name a more iconic duo

Asagi Ryuu x Excessive Fluids

You get a (virtual) cookie.

Well, the discussion really took off with these last chapters (or I'm just slow), and I have to say I'm dropping it. Miku is still a minor, and was already in a (technically illegal) relationship with an adult man, even if she was a willing participant. We don't know how that started or even if he was the first so the level of squick could still be debated.. Considering that, I give her a bit of a pass with Anna, as they're both clearly in the presence of very bad role models.

I could possibly see a saving Ema x Anna relationship, if Ema grows and learns from these situations and starts to be at least a somewhat proper adult, but.. there's just so much toxic all around that even if that's the case I don't think I could make it to that point.

Yoshino...clearly has some very dubious morals, and straight-up assaulted Anna. I hate her as a character and she could almost ruin this for me even if she was the only problem.

I wish you all well if you continue. I like age-gap too but this one just does not sit right with me. It's a shame, because his art is good despite the excessive fluids. :(

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

First, thank your for all the work and care you put into translating! I will wait patiently, but eagerly!

And now, featured! Now more people can discover the cute fluff that is these two and their blushing fingertips. And as a bonus it's time for me to re-read this. Chapter 3's title page says it all. Thirsty, fluffy, and just very sweet. It's a story about their secret romance and how they overcome obstacles together. For a fun, light read you can't go wrong. Even though it's still ongoing, we're already at 6 volumes of almost pure fluff! Only two real arcs of drama so far, and both are handled well.

As a warning, there is a phrase repeated in almost every chapter, as a type of theme to the story. It's a legitimate literary device of repetition used for emphasis but it seems it may have gone out of style since some people seem to get upset by it... If this annoys you, well, there it is.

Huh..you'd think I would have been the one to suggest this or something <.<;

Selene
Age 15 discussion 04 Mar 10:20
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Thank you for the information.

last edited at Mar 4, 2020 10:20AM

Selene
Age 15 discussion 02 Mar 23:31
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

But Anna x Miku is now the only relationship I'm interested in from this story.

You're in for disappointment then

Somehow, I figured that'd be the case. I don't usually like to spoil myself but...does Emi redeem herself in any way? I did start reading for the age gap, but is the conclusion worth it?

Selene
Age 15 discussion 01 Mar 21:08
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Was actually hoping Miku might have seen more and maybe gotten upset on Anna's behalf about her being taken advantage of by adults.. If it just ends up swept under the rug I'm probably gonna end up hating this story, but it could be simmering below the surface and come out in later chapters so for now I'll stick with it...

But Anna x Miku is now the only relationship I'm interested in from this story.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

So I just found and reread a doujin I think needs a mention. I've never played a Touhou game. All I know about the fandom is from the pictures and a couple doujins I've seen, mostly on Dynasty. And then in another thread, I forget where, someone talked about Vivit Grey and one NSFW doujin in particular: Gentle Pulse

Despite it being two of the less popular (well-known? significant?) characters who I don't know anything about, it really did draw me in. For some natural, fluffy, sweet, first-time lewd yuri, it's really hard to beat this.

Selene
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Feb 23:04
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Okay, so the last time I commented I said I was still waiting for that one extra thing to make this manga "great". This chapter has that something extra in spades~

Ichika's dumbfounded expression to the tickle torture.
The realization on page 8 that they're both Yandere for Aria-chan.
Just, the whole first panel of page 9.
The art on page 10.
The increasing Yandere vibes.
Page 18 and 19 "Am I just lewd?" (Don't worry, we all were thinking the same thing, Ichika!)
More Yandere glaring/confrontation.
Then the joining forces, Sakuya's smirk, and Aria's shocked reaction.
Oh and a last bit of Yandere bonding and a plot hook for good measure.

And while I mentioned one page specifically, the art is the usual amazing quality throughout the chapter. Oh my god I love this so much.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

This story and the discussion just brought to mind this one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_girl_i_like_showed_up_to_school_in_pants#1

Selene
1 x ½ discussion 25 Jan 20:21
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I hope mom talks this over with Akira and is helped to the realization that she can have her Asuka and eat her, too.

I like this comment so much.

I know I'm late, but I had to say something. This was a great comment and you win some virtual cake!
:D

Also, yes, I was impressed with Verdant's theory. As someone else mentioned the hyper-sexual part may not be accurate but I think Verdant's definitely on the right track.

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think the problem with Midori being honest with Haru is that she's pretty confused about the nature of what she felt for Tsugumi and even more confused about what Tsugumi may or may not have felt for her.

Barring serious tragedy/excessive angst, I'm completely agnostic on the nature of the future relationship between the MCs. I'm interested in the characters and the situation and I assume that whatever the author does will most likely be as well-written and convincing as the story has been so far.

This.

I actually think it might be best if it ends up more of a sibling relationship. Midori can't exactly be Haru's mother, but she's told old to be just a friend. I could see it as a much older sister relationship, with the potential for varying degrees of closeness there. And while I can't rule out a possible romantic relationship, I don't get that vibe from Haru yet. The potential is there, but I haven't seen it yet.. Looking forward to more.

Selene
Image Comments 14 Jan 20:10
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
Woah

I was wondering if that was the implication, since the light from the phone is still in the bottom corner of the frame. And one of those heart bubbles has two points - one of which appears to point towards the phone, while the the previous bubbles do not point in that particular direction...

Also, frames three and four.. probably gonna have to clean her phone after grabbing it with that hand..

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Well, some of my favorites have already been suggested, but I'll add a few more.

The obvious ones:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/fragments_of_love
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/prunus_girl
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/flying_witch

Some slightly more obscure ones/individual chapters:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/catch#1 - Biting
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/sweet_little_devil_series
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/minase_ruruu - I'm not the first to suggest this author! I'm glad.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kasumi_and_acchan_ch07 - best advice-giving Onee-chan ever.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/pranking_the_pranker - I could browse the reversal tag forever (along with delinquent and biting)

https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/kuzushiro - almost all their stories are still ongoing, yet I'm subscribed to all of them. A very intriguing author, and I can't wait to see how these stories end.

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Eleven chapters of this great manga are out already, exploring the deep, complex, psychologically realistic love story between two adult women. We have about 80 comments, three pages and a half.

Meanwhile, The Mute Girl and Her New Friend has released a grand total of 16 pages of manga (in 4 chapters of 4 pages each) about cute silly schoolgirls doing cute things and being silly. There are more than two hundred enthusiastic comments, and the number is explosively growing.

It mildly annoys me.

I'm sure if that one about the teachers going out were hosted here, it would have the same result because it's also cute. One could also complain about how insanely serious the comment section
of a silly manga like Hino-san went some time ago, but an actually serious series like Haru and Midori doesn't get nearly as much discussion.

I think it's less about the quality and more about how popular a manga is, and it's yuri, people will be more enthusiastic about some heartwarming twitter shorts than a long running drama-filled manga, the cute always wins.

After consuming enough media, you eventually realize that it's like that for everything, no matter the format or genre. Books, anime, manga, film, yuri, Bl, straight... the majority of people don't delve too deep into one specific area. They hear "this book was good" or "that movie is great", and maybe they read one yuri manga or see one LGBTQ film but that's it. For us, who come to dynasty and read probably every piece of yuri manga ever out there..well, we're called geeks/nerds/otaku for a reason.

And I'm fine with that.

As for the chapter, very sweet lewd. I like how they're slowly being drawn towards each other by little steps, as they start to fall more and more in love with each other.

Selene
Inui Ayu discussion 28 Dec 14:11
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors. We'll see how Teiji ni Agaretara plays out before I decide for sure, but her stories, even short, are full of fluffy good feelings. Can't wait to see more.

last edited at Dec 28, 2019 2:11PM

Selene
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Dec 02:30
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

So Prism would probably be my favorite of all time if it wasn't cancelled early.. I really want to love this new work. This story has the same great art, the same great expressions and faces, but I'm still waiting for it to set itself apart. Megu and Ichika are so similar to each other looks-wise that I sometimes have to remind myself this is a different series. They feel different enough character and story-wise luckily, but while I really like it so far, it still needs that last little something to truly make it "great".

I'm really hoping Higashiyama Shou knows what they're doing and where this story is going.. I really want this to succeed. Even if the mangaka never sees this, I'm cheering for you!

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

and the cuteness continues...
is there gonna be a jealousy chapter with yukawa and the trainee..?

Exactly what i was thinking. New employee usually means that. If its an ex-boy/girlfriend. Or whatever
Hopefully not too much drama.. If any at all

These characters and the author don't give me the vibe that they'll follow the standard tropes. If anything, I think it might be more like the trainee is a young man and he starts hitting on Yukawa, with Mizuki-san coming to the rescue.

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Just want to say, thank you. Thank you so much for all the hard work on these chapters! Can't get enough of these two.