Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015
Okiru-1618645139995635712-img1

Also the dude was probably her brother, so no.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015
Gomihitosi-1053261628701962241-img1

Diary June 16: if I keep Onii-chan supplied with opium, we can play dress up all day until she falls over.

joined Jan 5, 2015

I only understand this as far as, the mother seems to be ill-tempered and may present an obstacle? True?

joined Jan 5, 2015

I call foul! If her character is a sexy Chinese vampire, why isn't it hopping? "I knew what she was ... the minute I saw all the jumping ropes packed inside her coffin!"

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The Tuber series is fine, but this really was great.
The twin closets are hilarious. including the fact that she left the door open on the otaku one and everyone can see in, and the lesbian one isn't much better.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

She doesn't have the jerky motion but she might have Tourette's

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Someday Hibiki and Midori will get real development, I believe. Midori in particular would have to experience some development though.

Midori is pretty immature, I doubt she's finished puberty.

For the record, I am an "Aiba hair down with barrettes holding it in place" partisan. But if it pleases her girl, more power to her. Hibiki is just waiting to give up on boys and get together with Midoriri.

But if you think of Midori Aiba as basically an early middle schooler, that's only a couple of years behind in development, and everything about her makes sense.

Also, Hibiki is so sweet to Aiba.

last edited at Sep 23, 2023 5:47AM

joined Jan 5, 2015

This thing needs a love chart. I will work on one. It feels like Renako has all these levels from 1 to 10 of infatuation and Mai is #1 but that doesn't stop other girls from being #2 or #5. I can see Mai casually telling some of them "I was her first everything, you know."

joined Jan 5, 2015

Into each Citrus punch some Matsuri must fall.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like how she still calls her Vice President. Fukukaicho. They should marry and adopt children and she'd still say "dinner is ready, please go call Fukukaicho, children!":

joined Jan 5, 2015

Mochi Au Lait had several relationships like this before she took up manga/doujinshi. She finally realised it's best to date both sisters and form a threesome, and thus a legend was born. Just a theory.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Lately, more and more yuri MCs are girls of less than sterling character. Everyone but Momo in this one is in that category.

joined Jan 5, 2015

In a way she's what Tomoko Kuroki - or, since her cuteness isn't very conventional, let's take Koharu Minami (aka Kibiko, fang girl, awkward bitch, etc.) who's equally awkward, equally into girls, and with an equal lack of self-awareness or values. But yeah, even Tomoko if she'd cleaned herself up, this is what they would have turned into if they followed Kuroki's original plan of using sleeping around with boys to be popular. I realise Tomoko has a kind of scolding morality, but that's mostly for her internal dialogue of being secretly better than everyone around her.
So I think of this as a Tomoko that kept true to her vision of using boys, and Mashino is like Megumi Imae if she worked at a lesbian brothel and had huge issues. Why did this occur to me? Because the way they are heedless of how they screw up their lives is quite similar between Makino and Tomoko. It would probably be clearer if the title was translated like a Watamote chapter, thusly: "Because I'm a Trash Ronin with a Difficult Life, I'll Get A Call Girl." And you could retitle several chapters the same way.

BTW I like Junichi and I wish she'd tell him and his parents she's not into men, but she'll be his friend. When she can get there, that would be a sign Mashiro has fixed her up somewhat.

last edited at Sep 10, 2023 4:39PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

We may need a Scumbag tag for our "クズ" (kuzu) ladies.

Guys I think she might be into yuri

She explicitly said she wasn't!

Every girl she makes out with thinks that, it's annoying.

last edited at Sep 3, 2023 11:21PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

As a die-hard true believer in Asum ix Mai, I want to say it's fine if Mai has to share her Asumi with Nanao. The brothel has been training Asumi to handle two lovers at once without short-changing them. Since multiple marriage is illegal, they can adopt Nanao instead.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like her name because I like the kanji in it: Forested Island Bright Child

It's basically characters I learned in Chinese first.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

^ This?

Thank you, yes! it's Hanjuku Joshi. I haven't thought of it in a long time. Amazing you could find it from my description.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This was, I think, a long-running and popular manga. The thing I remember is that during the first half, the two main girls had a semi-antagonistic relationship with another girl who was very cynical and sexualy promiscuousl. Somehow, in the library, they found her with a teacher, they were a couple, it turned out. And the other girl eventually admitted they were in love, even though she normally scoffed at love. The main couple had been worried about being in the library after curfew or being caught kissing or some such.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is this mainland Chinese? Seems strict but I don't know enough about places like Taiwan to compare. Definitely I hope these authors don't get noticed if it's the mainland... America has the orange menace but we still can do what we want for the most part (well, except for now, because we don't want to die of coronavirus).

Also, reminds me, what happened to Beloved L?

I think it's way stricter than my high school, in Japan, which was very strict about its rules. That said, it seems to be a boarding school, so that might explain it. Our school was more prim and proper than Lilian Joseigakuin, so maybe they'd internalised the rules. I can't think of what we'd call a prohibited item.

Also how weird is it that the main couple have zero tension or,, really, any romantic problems.

Meanwhile, the side couple is the Teacher x Student romance.

last edited at Sep 1, 2023 10:26PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I hope they get married!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ayano, I'm begging you, this girl is basically throwing herself at you. Ayano, she's so dumb, you have to help her.

Ayano is too busy staring at the tag for some reason!

She's acting like someone who's never seen a big, exposed pair of clothing tags before.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I was totally sympathetic to Shinki here. Alice is taking out all her frustrations on her quirky mom.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015
19309010_p0

Touhoucest. Gensokyo sneers at your categories, puny humans.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Now I need to see the original, because when I run into odd-talking characters like SumiSumi of Sakura Trick I need to see what they actually say. Nico Yazawa (PV version) was a real revelation - a total chatterbox and her language is quite similar to the Cat in Soseki's "I am a Cat" The english scans/subs/dubs just give you some "Nico thinks" and "nico-nico niis" but she's really wordy, arguably you could transcribe her like "MayoMayo" here or the girls in Chuunibyou.

On Edit: one quirk is sentence + saremashita (it was done) and I think it's one thing translated as sentence + is indeed

last edited at Aug 9, 2023 7:03PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

all right and good but won't it mean tae would be 30 by the time mai is 18?

probably around there. If you agree with those of us who think Mai has a huge crush on Tae and that's why she was always all over her, always teasing, always flirting, then maybe she'll wait. Tae could look 20 then, though. She's aging slowly and well.

I remember reading this as a oneshot years ago and not seeing a full story but still seems kinda weird to me not because of tae but because of the other adults in that world.

The main adults besides Tae and admittedly creepy work-friend are grade school friend and Mai's mom, both of whom are pretty sensible and not pushing an adult/grade schooler romance.

I think Mai's flirting is deliberate but innocent. She's never thought of any ramifications to the "girlfriend" talk, and it's only her jealousy (which she denied at first) that made her wake up and look at the situation.

Even with Mimika and Yuzumori-san I didn't. root as hard for the MC. Mai-Tae is basically a marriage made in heaven. They have chemistry, mutual respect, and feel completely comfortable with each other.