Forum › Posts by kuniqs

kuniqs
Citrus discussion 17 Jan 11:40
joined Jan 5, 2015

Also where are these raws you people speak of? (Hehe, sorry I'm new to this...)
https://pl-pl.facebook.com/CitrusSaburoUta
there's a link there :)

kuniqs
Citrus discussion 12 Jan 05:04
joined Jan 5, 2015

Wait. I'm confused. I thought Citrus was done by Saburouta?

Yes. Don't know how posts above imply Citrus wasn't done by Saburouta, though.
I wonder why Higashiyama Shou started doing photo tracelining - he was out of ideas for composition or maybe people weren't interested as much in his original work?

kuniqs
Citrus discussion 11 Jan 14:10
joined Jan 5, 2015

People have been saying Citrus is popular 'cause it's a soap opera level. I disagree to a point.
I liked Citrus because the heroine is just so.. likeable. It's hard to find a manga character that's not either supah cool or 'characterized' with depression. She's kinda like yuri Forrest Gump - not exactly right in the head, but makes it up with heart. She really wants to help people. It is what makes me care about her, when she's jerked around by her feelings. It's like watching a puppy kicked around.
BTW. I wanted to compare Prism with Citrus. Prism is kinda-good artwork (stolen, unfortunately) with great writing and characterization. Citrus is oh-so-tasteful art with average depth characters. Citrus & Prism authors should team up someday.

kuniqs
Citrus discussion 09 Jan 06:48
joined Jan 5, 2015

Am I the only one confused with the existance of the twins? Like where did they come from Suddenly they were just in the story and one already knew Mei. Did I miss something?

The smaller one has diagnosed cancer - that destiny mumbo jumbo is a coping mechanism. She wants to experience true love before dying.

Are you dramatizing what I'm dramatizing?

kuniqs
Citrus discussion 07 Jan 12:12
joined Jan 5, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch13#34

Dear God what happened to Yuzu's hand in the upper left panel? It's like reverse yaoi hands.

kuniqs
Citrus discussion 05 Jan 16:54
joined Jan 5, 2015

How long would Mei keep, umm, cockteasing Yuzu? Was it so hard to draw a scene where those two get intimate -to a degree-? It would be more interesting if they went all-out, but both had a hangover the next day that would spark some character development. The series won't end, but it will be going somewhere.

I'm afraid this manga has slipped away from reality in chapter 13. I mean, 2 months long timespace void + semi-sister twin fortune teller who doubles as child love interest? Do Mei and Yuzu have any life apart from each other and school? Any friends, colleagues, hobbies? Those two are like a space opera with the vacuum they live in.

What other out-of-the-blue stuff will happen? I bet:

1) Matsuri sends Yuzu her own masturbation video timed in such way that Mei watches it first. Just to (nomen omen) fuck with them. A hilaaarious misunderstanding occurs and throws the pacing all over the floor.

2) Mei turns out to be a romantic necrophiliac. She'll keep fucking around (figuratively) with the poor girl so long she'll cut herself in a bathtub, so Mei can sing in unison with her still warm body. Aw, fiddlesticks!

3) Nina and Sara are incestuous Russian cocaine smugglers who roll in their own stuff (that alone would explain Sara's behavior). Yuzu, being a decent human being, tries to bring them under law. It fails, Yuzu gets cut to pieces and thrown in a garbage can. Mei uses her financial resources to hire mercenaries and chase S&N all over the world 'till the end of the series.

4) Vice-president, unable to truly root out her love, forces herself over similary love-starved Yuzu. A chapter full of empty, nauseating sex arrives. Mei asks about Yuzu/Prez's love marks 'till one of them hangs herself out of guilt.

5) From outer space, Meibot's most distant relatives come to Earth. Turns out Nina and Sara are half-alien hybrids (chapter 13 makes sense now) while Mei is an android (blackmail chapter, and everything else involving Mei, makes sense now) of not neccesary clear purpose, the nature of which will fuel arguments here for the next year. Three of them are defiant to their former masters, but Pleiadians' combined mind control prove too much. Yuzu, Mei, Nina, Sara, Harumi, Matsuri, vice-prez, glasses-senpai, that-extra-from-who-said-Mei-is-beautiful and God knows who else are forced into years-long orgy while Pleiadians crush what's left of Earth resistance. Maybe girls wake up to supply some drama, maybe not. At least Citrus finally delivers something.

6) Mei resigns to a political marriage, Yuzu gets a summer job at Starbucks that will last for a lifetime. I sense drama approaching our general direction.

7) Sexual harrasment returns. Let's make bingo chart out of it.

8) A miracle happens - MC realizes what a tool she was and bags someone who gives a shit. Like Harumi.

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 4:55PM