Forum › Posts by Xciton

joined Oct 17, 2014

Wife and Wife
Renai Manga - The main story's done, just a short bonus chapter of sorts left, not sure if it will even be translated
Qualia the Purple - I think one of three side chapters are still not translated, but the main story's done

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 8:51PM

Xciton
joined Oct 17, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/flying_witch_ch17#23

Whoa, how did she manage to fit there?

Xciton
joined Oct 17, 2014

Since some of the people here haven't read Chapter 18, the spoiler tagged stuff below has some Chapter 18 spoilers:

In Yukari's love letter, Yukari mentions that her unique perception of the world was due to the fact that Gaku loved her and only her. However, Alice is also similar to Yukari and although Gaku didn't care for Alice as much as Yukari, it is still quite clear that she cared for Alice. Could Alice's abilities also be caused by the exact same thing? TL;DR, Harem End confirmed?

last edited at Mar 9, 2015 1:47AM

Xciton
Stretch discussion 17 Jan 17:27
joined Oct 17, 2014

NTR is when they are in a relationship, which they aren't.

No, that's what cheating is. NTR is when main character's expected romantic partner ends up with someone else.

Hmm, I've always seen it referred to NTR when the main characters 'girlfriend/boyfriend' is stolen. Guess I was wrong there. Still I don't see Ran going for either of them, plus didn't Saki have a boyfriend?

Well, I'm not too sure about that myself. NTR indeed is when MC's love interest is stolen, and in 95+% of works NTR does include cheating, but - AFAIK - there doesn't have to be a relationship to make it NTR.
This manga is an example of NTR without cheating, and it has a pretty big discussion about it.

Personally, I try to stay far from both NTR and cheating tags, so I'd rather stop here ^_^

I tend to think of NTR as when two people are mutually interested in a relationship with each other, but one of them is manipulated to end up with a third party despite the fact that they would rather initially have been with the first one.

I see the manipulation and mutual interest as defining traits of NTR, otherwise, a lot of Love Triangles would seem like NTR as well.

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 5:28PM

Xciton
Shoujo Sect discussion 17 Jan 02:51
joined Oct 17, 2014

Chapter 2: Maaya declaring herself Shinobu's bitch.
Chapter 3: Shigure calling her sister "Chizzle."
At that point, I was seriously expecting the girls to start referring to each other as "my nigga" starting the next chapter.

Don't forget N George!

Xciton
joined Oct 17, 2014

I didn't read the spoiler tagged things, so what I'm about to say next may be irrelevant but isn't there another potential problem besides Saitou?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dear_my_teacher_ch05#13

It seems like Isechi's friend feels pissed that Isechi might actually have a chance, so I guess there's a chance she might end up causing trouble on the other end of things.

Xciton
joined Oct 17, 2014

It bugs me that in Love and Piece she's going to wind up SLEEPING with the guy she doesn't care about. It really fucking bothers me. Like I'm sure there are other ways to demonstrate whatever she's trying to demonstrate there.

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm missing something. Who slept with which guy? What?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fragments_of_love_love_piece_1_2_mysterious_beauty_dangerous_beauty#9

Xciton
Good non-yuri manga 02 Jan 10:41
joined Oct 17, 2014

O/A: A popular young idol who was caught in a scandal that was really in no fault her own and ends up having to start from the bottom again. Her main project is a radio show, but during an incident where she becomes unavailable, the staff discover that there's another girl (a down-on-her-luck comedian) with a similar voice and had her fill in for the idol. This eventually leads to the two of them cohosting the radio show together while trying to pass it off as if there's still only one host.

last edited at Jan 2, 2015 10:44AM

joined Oct 17, 2014

Although I personally haven't reached the point where reading this manga makes me uncomfortable, I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. I've tried reading/watching Imocho before and really couldn't stomach how they tried to play the situation as a comedy when I didn't find it funny at all, and this is from a person who usually doesn't make a big deal of incest in the 2D world.

So yeah, I won't try to convince anyone to read this manga if they've reached that point, but if it reassures you, reading this won't change my opinion on real life torture.

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 2:59PM

Xciton
Image Comments 15 Dec 00:43
joined Oct 17, 2014
A_revived_love_3_3_by_ram_jam-d7mf27i

Kotori was trying to say their moms were cutie pie lesbians (Q T pi).

Xciton
joined Oct 17, 2014

Is Yukari seeing an invisible Gaku at that last page? Like did Gaku just went God-Mode and was actually watching over Yukari?

From what I understand, after Gaku saw the Theory of Everything, she became a top-level observer and basically lost her physical body. She narrated the life of Yukari and since she's a top-level observer, her narration became reality. The Hatou Manabu that appears in the narration is a Manabu that's seperated from the Gaku Network, like the one that Tenjou killed.

At the end of the narration when she set up Yukari to be saved and Yukari woke up, somehow Yukari became aware of Gaku's existence and spoke to her directly. Gaku didn't expect Yukari to be able to "see" her so that's why she was suddenly surprised during her narraiton.

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 2:56PM

Xciton
Their Story discussion 03 Dec 20:54
joined Oct 17, 2014

For a moment there, I thought the coming haricut was a disguise because she blew her first impressions too badly.

Xciton
joined Oct 17, 2014

I just decided to read the whole thing from the beginning and I'm getting the feeling that Mayu and Mika won't hook up in the end. Mika doesn't seem to really show any romantic interest, with the closest being when they first met but then she outright tells Cafe Piece's owner that she doesn't think love is possible with Mayu.

The bits of flashes to the future when Mika works at Cafe Piece also seem to indicate she's single, since she semi-flirted with her boss. I've still got my fingers crossed that Mayu can work her magic on Mika though.