Forum › Posts by Cyfer

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Bullying in general is famously widespread in Japanese schools and credited for at least part of the high youth suicide rate. It's generally a big issue that's not effectively dealt with, even beyond LGBT youth.

Unless the stats have changed significantly in the past, the youth suicide rate in Japan is much lower than in USA and Canada.

(Higher than in France, though. Lower levels of drug use and less access to firearms might be driving this.)

^It can also suck a lot for foreigners.. Especially women, who are considered as "easy" by average japanese men and routinely harassed with little to no reaction from authorities. The mere fact of being a foreigner who stands out is "asking for it".

...I think you're confusing Japan with Egypt? Japanese men tend to intimidated by (white) foreign women.

Cyfer Uploader
Time skip discussion 02 May 08:13
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Let me know what you think, as at the minute it seems a odd tag, and I can't quite tell the purpose it serves.

Nor can I. It's not a fetish tag, it's not a genre tag, and it's not a content warning. I remember people wanting it on this, but I still don't know why. It's obvious from the second page (which has a sign for a university) that this is taking place several years after the last chapter, and I can't imagine that anybody would either avoid this chapter because it was Time Skip or would find this chapter while perusing through the Time Skip tag.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Tag suggestion: furigana - meaning, in the original. I have certainly bought stuff without it, but it speeds up the reading 500% for me, I would estimate. It's a big jump from that to reading characters without it, especially as they're lettered in manga. I suppose English-only readers would be like, that tells me nothing. My first consideration is, can I buy it through Honto, my 2nd is, does it have furigana? Shinozaki-San-Ki-wo-Ota-Shikani meets both criteria, so I am buying every tankoban as they come out. It's not like "licensed" In English, but it is more info.

I think rather than a tag request, you should probably just start a thread asking about manga with furigana.

Edit: I should say that you'd probably have better luck asking more generally about difficulty and the amount of furigana. Almost no yuri series I can think of has full furigana, like Shinozaki. Others might use furigana on a lot of the high school-level kanji, though, along with easier vocab overall—I think Kase-san and Yagakimi aren't too hard. At the far end of the spectrum is probably Kuzushiro or a series like G-Pen.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 12:47AM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

We've got a number of ... pseudo-series? Basically connected stories that share tanks with unconnected stories, and sometimes span multiple tanks. Currently, these are handled the same way we would a conventional multi-volume series. The advantage to this is all the chapters are easy to find, easy to navigate, and they have a single chat thread. The problem is that this ends up cluttering the author pages with redundant and confusing entries.

Ideally there would be a different type of tags for this sort of series—say, "Story"; then rather than displaying them their covers with the rest, there would be a list of stories (where applicable) before the list of one-shots.

Cyfer Uploader
Kase-san discussion 26 Apr 09:49
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I've decided to take this up as the sole member of the group Yuri-Bot Scans. I've already scoured the internet for any raws I can get my hands on, but I can only find chapters 11.5 and 12 in Chinese, does anyone have it in Japanese? Also, is anyone working on this themselves or want to assist me? If so, please email me at Orenji.kun0@gmail.com

If you can't find a JP raw provider, your best bet will be Amazon, because e-tanks require no scanning (and generally, no levelling etc.) and because Kindle DRM is notoriously easy to remove.

Cyfer Uploader
Love Magnet discussion 26 Apr 07:58
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Weirded out by how many people haven't read every Nishi Uko release by now. Worrying amounts of people.

You missed one.

What about just listing these as a Yui series? It's hard to keep track of them otherwise, since they're scattered in the tank.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

What an ancient thing appeared out of forgotten ))
Pity its so short. I'd like to see every person of this series getting their own happiness)

An anniversary edition was recently released, which I assume is where this new extra came from, as well as the bonus art.

Actually, what seems to have happened Hakusensha acquired the rights for some of the books done by Rakuen artists when they were working for different magazines (like Yuri Hime or Tsubomi), got them to do some additional chapters and did reprints—so we also got a Like a Cinderella re-release.

Now if only Hakusensha had bothered acquiring the ebook rights for them too, I'd be able to tell you just how long the next chapter is...

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 12:52PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

it said here prequel. prequel to which story?

It's the prequel to http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strange_babies which hasn't been translated yet though.

Would you happen to know where I can get Raws for it? :)
I really want to read the sequel :D

The next chapter is here.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

http://lazylily.moe/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Lazy-Lily-Logo-1.png

That's about the least lazy logo I've ever seen.

Speaking of which, it appears that we are all logoless now?

[Edit: we are logod once more]

last edited at Mar 23, 2016 1:00PM

Cyfer Uploader
My Beloved discussion 20 Mar 01:44
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Do you know anything about in vitro?

Currently in vitro is only possible for married couples (including common law marriages, now), so no. This is because professional group regulations, though, rather than formal law—though that said, those regulations are crafted to reflect definitions enshrined in formal law.

Hypothetically, an OBGYN operating in Shibuya could perform the procedure for a couple with a marriage certificate there, but given the risks I don't think it's likely. On the other hand, because it's permission is tied to marriage, if that passes then in vitro would follow pretty quickly.

Further reading:
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/01/06/national/common-law-pairs-okd-for-in-vitro-births/
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2016/3/07/making-lgbt-families-possibility-japan

Cyfer Uploader
My Beloved discussion 19 Mar 03:21
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Unfortunately, in Japan lesbians can't adopt (because they're single?)

Actually, there's nothing legally stopping lesbians from adoption in Japan; it's up to the discretion of adoption agencies. Having said, my understanding is that many (most?) won't do single adoptions. Because it's not illegal at the national (pedantic note: Japan does not have a federal government) level, though, that means that there's nothing stopping individual adoption agencies from recognizing those marriage documents. They're still relatively new, though, and I haven't heard of them being used for this.

Maybe in a decade or two (hopefully way less!), but not now.

Keep in mind that a (slim) majority of the country supports same sex marriage, as do close to 3/4 of those under 40 (these may actually be higher than levels of support in the US). It's deprioritised at the legislative level mostly because the population and the people running the government are all really ... old. But there's a good chance we'll see some movement before the Olympics, particularly now that's legal in the US.

Cyfer Uploader
Steps discussion 19 Mar 02:34
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I tagged the series as ongoing since no one else has.

Oops. Thanks for that~

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014
Cyfer Uploader
Steps ch03 discussion 05 Mar 10:26
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Cyfer posted:

Hey, pkChinensis/other Lilicious people? We wanted to make a separate series entry for Love*Aroma, Love*Preparation and the first four chapters of Steps, but it would be helpful if we could split your Love*Aroma chapter in two (chapter and extra) and put the extra after Love*Preparation, following the tank ordering–how would you feel about that?

Looks like it popped up just because they're rearranging things.

It was split because Love*Prep is supposed to be in between the two Love*Aromas—something that Nezchan actually commented on when Love*Aroma first came out.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Hey, pkChinensis/other Lilicious people? We wanted to make a separate series entry for Love*Aroma, Love*Preparation and the first four chapters of Steps, but it would be helpful if we could split your Love*Aroma chapter in two (chapter and extra) and put the extra after Love*Preparation, following the tank ordering–how would you feel about that?

Sure, that sounds fine.

Awesome; it's done.

Cyfer Uploader
Steps discussion 05 Mar 10:18
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

All chapters should now link to this thread, but here are the links to previous individual chapter threads:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/3771-love-aroma-discussion
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5084-love-preparation-discussion
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/9552-steps-ch03-discussion

last edited at Mar 5, 2016 10:23AM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Remind me: Is Ongoing meant just for series that are still ongoing in their country of origin, or does it also include series that are finished in their country of origin but are still being scanlated?

The latter. And the former too of course.

Thanks~

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Remind me: Is Ongoing meant just for series that are still ongoing in their country of origin, or does it also include series that are finished in their country of origin but are still being scanlated?

Cyfer Uploader
Abyss discussion 14 Feb 03:40
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

trafi

That "not yaoi" tag made me laugh
Though in regards to the short at the end, I could've sworn one of them had boobs.

Or both of them, at one point I was convinced that they were girls, started searching for pronoun and did found a he x)
Boobs on top :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#23
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#21

I saw those too, glad I wasn't the only one
it's hard to translate pronouns from japanese because they don't have he or she so I'm taking the translation with a grain of dust

No matter how hard I look at those faces, they still look male, but those also do look like breasts, so we've switched to a gender neutral wording.

The Not Yaoi tag will stay.

Cyfer Uploader
Abyss discussion 13 Feb 19:29
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Unacceptable! Cant believe Jin-sama got second billing! Pfft :p

The author tags seem to be sorted alphabetically, and as far as I know there's no way to tag guest authors.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Since all the chapters listed in Like a Star are included in this anthology, does it still make sense to list them as a separate series? I looked through the introduction and postscript, but couldn't find any indication that the author considered them separate from the rest of the stories (though the postscripts for the three Like a Star stores do at least establish a link between them).

On the other hand, "like a star" was redrawn for this edition, and Star Gazer had pages changed and added, which might complicate things if anybody ever translates this.

last edited at Jan 22, 2016 12:10AM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

On a side note, the 3 books she talked about, were those Looking At You Kinda Turns Me On and Girl Meets Girl and stuff or like, big anthologies?

They are:
お隣さん<下>
Chouchou Nannan:2nd-2
ハムゆり

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Looking at You Kinda Turns Me On part 1, pg 15 “you won’t have to bothered about me” missing “be”. should be “you won’t have to be bothered about me”.

Got it, thanks

Cyfer Uploader
Mix discussion 21 Dec 02:50
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Makiko from "Looking at You Turns Me On" and Moe from "Mix" are cousins.
Moe's sister shows up at "Irrational Us"

Is this the first time Takemiya Jin set a shared universe for different titles?

Not by a long shot. A very significant number of her existing works have linkages. So (not all) are covered in a flowchart that will eventually be released (it's one of the volume extras). For now, though, you have the pleasure of checking them all manually~