Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

hey Ruriko, don't be shy - Kurumi needs some hugs and a lap pillow, now
because, you know, daifuku aren't going anywhere
because every pomf needs a yoshi-yoshi

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 12:51PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

From how the story has moved until now, I don't think there will be any heavy drama.

In 11 chapters, each time there was a hint of drama, it was resolved in at most a chapter and it turned out to be no real drama.

So, if there's any actual romance between Asako and Miyako, it'll probably be a slow-burn, with a lot of slices of life in between.

Yeah, I think you're totally right. Which is actually great. I love the laidback feeling of this one.

Next, comes Asako's ex?

Sounds like a plan, haha

joined Mar 28, 2014

hahaha, Hatomori - that face says it all
interesting chapter, I somehow kept having a feeling that something bad was bound to happen, then came these last pages... and now I feel like the drama's been postponed to the next chapter instead.. what kinda relationship did Miyako and Ruri have I wonder... would Asako get her 2nd approval to take care of Miyako now? looking forward to the conclusion of the 2nd volume

joined Mar 28, 2014

What age are they? They are 2nd grade of either junior or senior high, so 13 or 16? If 13, could be the reason why the male voice isn't yet a concern. If 16, then ignoring the voice could hint that Aya might well be into girls, even if unconscious or in denial. The reason Mitsuki keeps on acting instead of clearing the misunderstanding, kinda also hints that she might be into girls herself.

joined Mar 28, 2014

What does "wai" mean? It's used twice on the last page

Wai? There's no "wai".

There's a single "zawa", which is some crowd noise/chatter.

Also, I made a few corrections while I was at it (missing a line and rephrasing on page two because, apparently, some people don't know what a "mob character" is).

Sorry, my bad, it's actually not the last, but the 2nd to last page: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch08#3

I'm not a native speaker, so I was confused a bit about the meaning. Is it a shorter version of "wait" or is it purely some way of exclamation like "aargh". Anyway, thank you for the TL

Oh... in both cases, it's a cut off "wait"...

The one on top is "...って" which is a half-eaten "まって" (wait)

The one on bottom is "ちょっ...", which is the start of "ちょっとまって" (wait a sec...). Most Japanese speakers drop the end and say "ちょっと" for "wait!", "hey there", "stop here!", etc...

oh, thank you for the clarification!

joined Mar 28, 2014

Wai? There's no "wai".

There's a single "zawa", which is some crowd noise/chatter.

Also, I made a few corrections while I was at it (missing a line and rephrasing on page two because, apparently, some people don't know what a "mob character" is).

Sorry, my bad, it's actually not the last, but the 2nd to last page: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch08#3

I'm not a native speaker, so I was confused a bit about the meaning. Is it a shorter version of "wait" or is it purely some way of exclamation like "aargh". Anyway, thank you for the TL

joined Mar 28, 2014

joined Mar 28, 2014

Shimamura Hougetsu, you are such a dork! Hahahaha
Honestly that was such a good read.
So two more volumes, huh? I need them now!

Shima-mama surely figured it out already, didn't she?

joined Mar 28, 2014

a cup lost its handle,
a new cup didn't get a pair,
one ticket it is

joined Mar 28, 2014

there are two more chapters of this available, hope they will get translated...

joined Mar 28, 2014

wait, a business trip with your crush, payed by the company (which is gonna try to save by booking one double room for two girls), and free drinks to that? where do I apply for such a job?

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 11:01AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Well, had enough of the lack of updates here and converted the missing chapters into PNG from the PDF version myself. Upload request sent, hopefully it won't be a problem if it's not sneikkimies' own PNG version and it'll help to get things up to date over here as well.

ohh! well done! I sure hopes this gets approved!

Ohhh I'm glad some new chapters finally dropped if been real sad this had been dead for a long while, last chapters were updated in October damn 6 months ago ? Welp more like 5 but still .... Thx

yeah... this novel together with another manga (crescent moon and donuts) are my current two motivators to learn Japanese, lol

joined Mar 28, 2014

Just pure happiness. ^_^

I know right!!))))

joined Mar 28, 2014

Thanks for the notice. And better spoiler your spoilers indeed.

Fixed, sorry! Enjoy the read though))

joined Mar 28, 2014

Yay, two more chapters are available on @sneikkimies github! Not sure if it's okay to post further without black bars as the chapters haven't been published here yet. So IN CASE YOU DON'T WANNA GET SPOILED, DON'T READ BELOW!

Oh what a cute, heart-melting chapter! Certainly needed the tranquil happiness that Shimamura's character always brings - such a perfect read for a Sunday evening.
It is of course a bit annoying that we are robbed of intimate, physical contact between the two which would have definitely taken place in the described situations, had it been reality. And all that is just because we haven't read about their first times yet. Yeah, I know it's also not the point - it's that everyday happiness that was the point to convey to us, a different sort of intimacy. And yet the lack of physical one, or rather a severe underdevelopment thereof, made the chapter a tad bit less realistic and enjoyable. Unlike the earlier volumes (yes, I'm purposefully blind for Yashiro in terms of realism as it's a different kind of realism, so, yeah, not the point).
Anyway, enough with my complaints. It was still such a sweet read. Hope Nagafuji and Hino will get their closure soon too. I remember I skipped their story completely on the first run through the story. And now I'm not even sure if I'm more hyped for their development than reading about the main chars.
Huge hugs to the translator - to be able to read something so warm and cosy in these troublesome times was so needed.

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 8:30AM

takachi
joined Mar 28, 2014

oh so here it comes, the legendary ice cream fall on a pretty yukata.. they will go to Hino's house again to clean it... and then bath again... and then... in chapter 100...

joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh so sweet, the moment I thought I need some good night read, this pops up! Perfect timing! Thanks to the translators again. I like reading this one.

joined Mar 28, 2014

gone are the days of lewd handholding

joined Mar 28, 2014

what a gorgeous house... damn... this would be insanely expensive to rent where I live...

joined Mar 28, 2014

Yeah, the fabric softener lol

joined Mar 28, 2014

Good manga. It prompted me to give some extra love to my own house plants, lol. Pakee is so cute!
And Miyako sure lacks attention, although I would not call it gay just yet.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh my, I wish someone would pick this back up so badly. The new chapter 18 is so damn good!
Hinako as a child - SO CUTE!!! And she came out to her mom!!! WOAH!!!!! My goodness... So, so-o-o good!

joined Mar 28, 2014

Really sorry for Tarumi. But she "betrayed" Shima through separation in middle school. Not imaginable for dog-girl Adachi who would turn the world upside-down just to stay next to her Shimamura.

I really wouldn't go as far as to say "betrayed", I know quite well how easy it is to drift apart at that age when you're no longer always together in class... I doubt Adachi would have fared any better, considering how long it took her to get back to talking with Shima even in the same class just because the other trio of girls started hanging out with Shima - and this already in high school. Had they been in separate classes as well, she would likely have disappeared into good old second floor of the gym, just as she almost already did, rarely to be seen even by her classmates again, unless Shima had found it in her to make a conscious effort of connecting with her once more.

Yes, I agree, it was life, fate if you will, that separated Shimamura and Tarumi. So to clarify my point, I didn't really intend to put the actual blame solely on Tarumi, which is why I put "betrayed" in quotes. If I got it right, however, this separation is what triggered the biggest change in Shimamura. She lost faith in strong relationships, lost faith that it's even possible to have a relationship that would withhold life obstacles. And she stopped investing in relationships. So the way I see it, sort of from Shima's perspective, she's experienced some form of "betrayal" from Tarumi's younger self. I don't have a better word for it.
Would have Adachi performed better, had she been in Taru's shoes back in the day - who knows, we'll never know. What we do know, is that Adachi of now did manage to come back to Shimamura each and every time, no matter what, like Gon. And this persistence and devotion of hers is what, step by step, made Shimamura fall in love with her. Shimamura has never had a chance to experience this sort of "betrayal" from Adachi. Yes, different situations, age, time, everything. Not fair to compare with young Taru. But that's how life is. For Adachi, Shimamura is everything, prio number 1, no, prio 0 even. And she proves it every day. And she wouldn't let Shimamura send a message "Just got here" on a date - Adachi would've been there an hour earlier.
The really interesting part is that I think Taru did have quite a chance back in "Spring and Moon", but it was Yashiro who timely interfered. Had Yashiro not popped up out of thin air, I wonder how would things played out. We will never know. Fate.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Two new chapters was the best new year present I could ever wish for. Hopefully they will get uploaded here soon. Thank you so much for your hard work @sneikkimies

So much development for Shimamura. Really nice to see her attempts to better convey her feelings. Adachi's absolute commitment and devotion to Shima alone is what really drives Shima, because, I guess, it's something she herself finds so difficult. Cute how she finds ways to control Adachi through positive affirmations, lol.
Interesting when Shimamura considers the first time falling in love with Adachi. I wonder what name, word would she give for the feelings she had for Adachi when she hid the reason to dress up for the summer fest or when she couldn't help but hug Adachi after coming back from her grandparent, hehe
Really sorry for Tarumi. But she "betrayed" Shima through separation in middle school. Not imaginable for dog-girl Adachi who would turn the world upside-down just to stay next to her Shimamura.
And the moms, they really have turned into great friends. It's interesting that what they are concerned about is the daughters leaving the house - at that point in time "coming out" or whatever you call it no longer seems to be much of a topic. Makes sense.
Now I can't wait for the Valentine's! And the first kiss? Would it happen on Valentine's?

joined Mar 28, 2014

this is one very sweet series - looking forward to more chapters