Forum › Posts by Kawasa

Kawasa
True Story discussion 14 Jun 15:13
Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

Did this happen in real life?

I think that's what the author wants us to believe. And maybe it actually did. I just noticed that the main character was "Classmate N" and the author was Nei...though someone with a better grasp of these things could maybe give a better reason for why those letters were chosen.

joined Mar 11, 2014

The last page (before credits page) is super cute. <3

Agreed. I love endings like this...where they show a little ways into the future that everything works out beautifully and their relationship will only continue to blossom. :)

Kawasa
Yuru Yuri discussion 09 Apr 14:24
joined Mar 11, 2014

I'm so grateful for new chapters since Bakkin mysteriously stopped doing translations :')

It's not quite so much of a mystery now that we've had contact with Alex from Bakkin above. :P

But it is great to have new chapters. I'd really like to see all of them redone by the Bakkin group, though, since they can edit them at a higher level than what was done by the anons.

Kawasa
joined Mar 11, 2014

They're gonna catch the molester and he's gonna go 'It's just a prank bro! It's just a prank!'

"It was a social experiment to see how girls react to being molested!"

I'M ETHAN BRADBERRY

Kawasa
Yuru Yuri discussion 31 Mar 12:53
joined Mar 11, 2014

Definitely some great chapters, but I miss Bakkin's careful editing. I of course don't want to sound ungrateful to those who did these latest chapters, but they were obviously a little more of a rush job than Bakkin's work was. Going on three months with no communication from them, however, and five months since a release, those of us who have been discussing over on Bakkin's website are about ready to call it and pronounce them defunct. :( One just has to hope that all of its members are safe and healthy.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Every character is just oozing adorableness...it's almost too much. Almost. I hope more is on its way!

Kawasa
joined Mar 11, 2014

There may not be any yuri yet—or, realistically, there may not be any yuri at all, even in future chapters—but you can still feel the connection between Aoi and Hinata. This is just so adorable and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it!

Also, there are ten volumes of this, and it's still ongoing! Plus, there's an anime. Lots of cute mountain-climbing adventures that I'll need to be prepared for...

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 12:49AM

Kawasa
Image Comments 29 Feb 22:04
joined Mar 11, 2014
94d0a743e61b62c7c471fd4860b84e56

Is this really Namori? Wow...

joined Mar 11, 2014

This most recent chapter was amazingly cute. I love Flying Justice™! The series really seems to be finding its footing (pun intended) and really delivering some fun plotlines.

This series is so refreshing. Gah, I wish I there was another fighter fish at the school so that I could see a fight... Although that might not end well.

I'm personally a fan of fights like that, too, so I really enjoyed Betako throwing down up in the mountain stream. But another fish at school to push her would be fun, too!

joined Mar 11, 2014

Great stuff. :) There's actually a pocky game image which includes these two and all three of the other couples...so cute.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Imagine if the author made a character out of this fish...

http://imgur.com/sAL6lWy

joined Mar 11, 2014

So glad Anko-san and her butt are back!

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 11 Jan 15:08
joined Mar 11, 2014

Who's translating this and how can I help them out?

Usually one-manning for lack of teamwork skills and it's obviously going very slow. Though interest in this thread will definitely help with the motivation. Still, if someone wants to take over I'll only be happy to sit back and relax.

If you want someone to take care of cleaning the raws and such to make it easier on you, I can do that. I can't translate to save my life, but I can edit images.

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 08 Jan 04:27
joined Mar 11, 2014

Would like this better if it were a different series.. I only got through about one volume of Yuru Yuri before I became discouraged and figured it wouldn't go anywhere anytime soon.. So I can't relate to the characters too well. But still, Pokemon's awesome so I'm interested. Sign me up for now.

For what it's worth, I think the later volumes of Yuru Yuri are significantly better than the first volume, if that's the one you read. While I've loved it from beginning to end, not only does the art improve over time, but in some of the latest chapters there have actually been stories carrying over from chapter to chapter and some hints of character development...

There's still not really any actual yuri, but it is wonderful nonetheless, and the anime is pretty spectacular overall, too.

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 07 Jan 18:10
joined Mar 11, 2014

Wonder if the other girls will come in?
Honestly thought that Charmander was supposed to be a take on Ayano for a second there.

I was worried the Student Council would be left out, but when Akari mentioned that she found a Pokemon Green cartridge (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yurumon_ch02#10) it became obvious how they're going to get Ayano and company in on this. :)

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 07 Jan 16:49
joined Mar 11, 2014

Surprised Akari didn't get a Pikachu.

I know right? You're think that would be the right choice.

I was thinking the exact same thing as you guys, but when it comes down to it, I think that's what the author was counting on, right? We assume Akari gets a Pikachu, but her lack of presence is so intense that she's just not interesting enough to get a Pikachu. So instead she gets Rattata, one of the plainest Pokemon (albeit one that I think is really cool!) in existence.

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 07 Jan 16:09
joined Mar 11, 2014

This makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I need more. So much more.

Who's translating this and how can I help them out?

Kawasa
joined Mar 11, 2014

This is all I could think of during this chapter...

joined Mar 11, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/splatoon_yuri_diaries#9

That's a parody on the YuruYuri theme song! Now I've got it stuck in my head...

Is it? It reads

Yuri ga Suteki~
Yuri ga ii~
Yuri~Yura~ LaLaLa
Yuri Ika

I'd like to think it's a reference, but I just don't remember any lines like that in the YuruYuri song.

Also, Eromame seems to have borrowed my Yuri goggles without permission. At least he's doing good things with them.

Yeah, for sure. The first word balloon isn't part of it (the "I love yuri~ Yuri is great~"), but the second balloon is. It's the first season opening theme song, which is actually called "The Great Yuriyurarararayuruyuri Incident." The lyrics are:

Yuri yura rarara yuru yuri
Yuri yura rarara yuru yuri Daijiken!

Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCCA-M-4FHY It's the very beginning of the song that she's singing, just changing the "Yuru Yuri" to "Yuri Ika."

Listening to the song again I did hear:
Kimi ga Suki~
Kimi ga ii~

So, the part that (after I looked again) reads: "Yuri ga Suki~ Yuri ga ii~" actually was part of the song.

It wasn't used at the same time as the other similar lyrics in the song but I do agree that are definitely enough similarities to be a reference.

Oh, that's cool. Since I don't know much Japanese, I wasn't able to pick up on that part. It has been a while since I watched the first season of Yuru Yuri, but the opening of the theme song is very catchy and so I was able to pick up on that part in the image. It's cool that the whole thing does tie into the song.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Is it? It reads

Yuri ga Suteki~
Yuri ga ii~
Yuri~Yura~ LaLaLa
Yuri Ika

I'd like to think it's a reference, but I just don't remember any lines like that in the YuruYuri song.

Also, Eromame seems to have borrowed my Yuri goggles without permission. At least he's doing good things with them.

Yeah, for sure. The first word balloon isn't part of it (the "I love yuri~ Yuri is great~"), but the second balloon is. It's the first season opening theme song, which is actually called "The Great Yuriyurarararayuruyuri Incident." The lyrics are:

Yuri yura rarara yuru yuri Daijiken!

Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCCA-M-4FHY It's the very beginning of the song that she's singing, just changing the "Yuru Yuri" to "Yuri Ika."

joined Mar 11, 2014

joined Mar 11, 2014

Hi there, everyone.

First post here, and I just wanted to let everyone who enjoyed Sakura-Colored Triangle know that it is actually ongoing, and is not just a oneshot. I just discovered this tonight, myself. The artist recently did a couple more chapters and the English translation can be found at Danbooru. Here's the first page of chapter two, and if you keep clicking to the right in the pool, they go in order:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1650592?pool_id=7345

I ♥ U

Happy to help out. :)

joined Mar 11, 2014

Hi there, everyone.

First post here, and I just wanted to let everyone who enjoyed Sakura-Colored Triangle know that it is actually ongoing, and is not just a oneshot. I just discovered this tonight, myself. The artist recently did a couple more chapters and the English translation can be found at Danbooru. Here's the first page of chapter two, and if you keep clicking to the right in the pool, they go in order:

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1650592?pool_id=7345