Forum › Posts by Hoky

Hoky
Lily Love discussion 15 Jun 02:32
Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Holy moly! It's literally unheard of to have a mangaka actually understand English and come here to speak with the fans. :) Welcome Ratana! And thanks for coming here! I'm not the first, but I want to say that I also really enjoy your work. I love your art style and I look forward to seeing the relationship between P'Mew and Donut develop.

And don't worry about having trouble speaking English. We really appreciate you being here and making the effort to speak with us. :D

Cheers from the USA. :)

Hoky
Image Comments 01 Dec 02:20
Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013
47070162_p0

One of my most favorite series. :) I hope there's more to come of it (even though it appeared to be done).

Hoky
Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Anyone know if this series is still being worked on? It'd be a shame if it isn't!

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Seriously, Google Translate can do a better job than this...

I offered to QC/edit your translation but I've received no answer to that.

So I'm asking again, LET ME FIX THIS FOR YOU. PLEASE.

last edited at Aug 31, 2013 2:25AM

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Hey, don't blame us for thinking that the translation is bad. I'm always grateful for the work people do (FOR FREE) to make manga available to us. But what good does it do for any of us if the translation is illegible? I mean, I want to find out what happens in this manga too. Does the person who does the actual translation speak English as a primary language? That would explain the weird use of English and the literal Japanese-to-English translations.

Anyway, I'd be happy to email you for the raws... But I don't know of any yuri translation groups who would take on this project. Maybe I can help out... If I can talk directly with the translator and figure out what's being said (so I can come up with the proper English localization). Would you or they be interested in my help? Let me know here and I'll email you.

Also, it's not your fault that the chapters are slow and that after two years the ladies aren't getting physical yet. ;) I guess I'm patient about that sort of thing, provided that there's enough conflict that leads to an eventual resolution where the two girls end up together.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

It's gotta be said... The translation starting at chapter 39 and going into chapter 40 is freaking terrible. This isn't about mind-screwing or anything like that. It's obvious that the translator doesn't know how to speak English properly. And whoever is supposed to be editing it for quality control (as most great scanlations are done) has no idea what he/she is doing. What's worse, there's no effort to localize the content. We are getting a literal word-for-word translation from Japanese to English. For those who work for a living doing localization, this is NOT how translations are supposed to be done.

This is a real shame because I really enjoyed this series. The fact that I can't read it and understand what's going on is killing me! I'm hoping that another group decides to pick this up and fix these chapters as well as continue the series.