Forum › Posts by zanpakutoman

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I finally got around to reading the serialized version, up to the latest chapter (18). Read the original as it came out and wanted to reread it real quick before starting this one, to remind myself where it stopped. I felt like the original had a better flow with its story beats. The reveal that Fuu knew about them being succubi and Yukiko not remembering showing Fuu her true form and Yukiko/Konomi developing a non energy based relationship felt more natural in the original. Although, I'm glad the love triangle still seems pretty 50/50 (or at worst 60/40). At its core it's just a childhood friend vs new attractive person triangle, but I think the succubus dynamics each has really make both pairs feel unique.

As a sucker for childhood friend pairs, I'm glad Fuu seems to be the more likely choice, in the serialization. Even in the original when she had a bit of a villainous tone to her actions and dialogue, I was still kind of rooting for her. I like the Konomi route, about succubi loving each other despite only viewing sex as a means of survival. Especially, with how much of an emphasis they put on NEEDING humans for energy. But, Yukiko relating to Fuu about feeling like an outcast and sharing her own alienating secret, Fuu's interest in (wo)man eating predators, like sharks, and also thinking Yukiko's succubus form is still pretty, and both of them still wanting to be more to each other than just food/energy. I just think they have more love with each other. But, I'd still be cool with Yukiko/Konomi or more so a poly ending(especially if this was the original).

zanpakutoman
Failure discussion 23 Mar 19:45
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

This was almost perfect to me. Just wish it didn't end on such a sour note.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Finally got to Taurus, my sign! Was afraid her and her pairing would be kind of boring. But, seems like she has the most lovey-dovey ship, despite being a smidge too possessive. They want to be each other's number 1s, but aren't obsessed to the point where they don't socialize with others (at least with Virgo). Glad they might be my favorite pair, with Cancer and Capricorn being the closest second! I also kind of like that Taurus seems to have a bit of a height gap, compared to the other girls. Didn't get that vibe from the character chart, but the pre-serial chapter she seems to be noticeably taller than the other two present and has a bulkier build. (Maybe that's just how I see it?)

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Everyone was excited about the author being Akiyama Haru. So, I clicked on their name and was like "OHMYGOD!!! The Octave author! IT'S THEM!!! I SHOULD'VE REALIZED IT SOONER!" This is either going to be great or disappointing. Either way, it's definitely going to be a painful ride.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Rio really heard Matoi sing once and was like "Time to kick it into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!".

But yeah, ch. 9 has me really conflicted. This was a really laid back read and now the story's getting all this Drama. I personally don't hate it, but it's definitely shifted gears from "somber romance" to a forced "drama ship wars". The story has already given us Yuriko denying Matoi's feelings and making it past the graduation so I can understand the idea of trying to explore how the two main characters interact with other characters. It cliche, but in this case it feels justified to me. But I feel like there's still more the author could explore with just Matoi and Yuriko, and maybe the little sister without the two new additions. I like Rio and I still hope the guy is more of a comedic relief douche than an antagonist, as the story goes along (although probably not). But, the two really dove into the story out of nowhere.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Can I offer you a nice tangerine in this trying time?

"It's over here, by my mom's MAGNUM condom."

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

The classic "Everyone pick one side" Love Triangle.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I don't know. Azuran kind of gave me a bad vibe, even before the cannibalism. She seems so light hearted about her relationship with the other girl that it reminded me of the blonde girl from the "Close Face" episode of Moral Orel. I get the ear biting was suppose to be her way to show her love/obsession, but it came across more like she was messing around with the other girl.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I'm not convinced that she doesn't know how to cook. It be cute if she didn't, but I see evil in those eyes...

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

This feels like an entirely different story after ch. 4. I like it. It seems to be headed in a more fun, but also more or less heartbreaking, direction. I just hope this love square works out by the end and feels genuine. I always make the mistake of rooting for the pairing that isn't the cover couple and this series is REALLY making it hard to not root for the obvious "not gonna sail" ship. But goddamn, is Mizuki super likeable. Tall, works at a maid cafe to help her single father, doesn't wallow in her sadness and becomes a school prince, falls in love with her marshmallow yuri-loving teacher, confesses immediately (after a new challenger approaches, but she still did it first). She doesn't feel too perfect either, because she still talks nervously in certain panels and shows her human side. All I'm saying is that it better feel real when she inevitably goes with Shizuka as her backup girl.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

WHAT THE FUCK!? That was sudden for the time jump forward . Does anyone even cares about the story anymore? I say just keep drawing the characters having sex until all of them get involved in an orgy together or get a girlfriend, a la Asagi Ryuu or Mira.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Gay, straight, gag comic, or whatever the situation, I think Kimura isn't good enough for Hiyama. Kimura is a boring pushover and Hiyama is a hard working, romantic. Granted with some yandere mixed in with a desperate attitude. But, I still think our Rival-san can find a better Shoujo Manga Protag to love. You don't have to find your soul mate before finishing school, girl.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

For anyone wondering, the movie they watched was Chaos Walking (2021). Those who know, know...

Oh no....Wasn't that movie deemed so bad that it was "Unreleasable", for a period of time?

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Finally got around to reading all of this, as of ch. 14 GOD! I wish they'd just erase that fifth rule!!!

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013
Tsundere_girl_and_suicidal_girl_yuri

She's pulling a major Kaiba move. "If I can't be with my loved one, then I'm jumping."

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

*When you have a crush on the emo girl.

zanpakutoman
Image Comments 10 Dec 21:42
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013
94678170_p0

^^Well "It Takes Two" won, so I guess...it takes two...tall ladies.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

So, is it likely that these two could become a couple in canon? I only watched the trailer for the anime way back and it seemed like it was mostly about Michiru and the guy in the picture story here (pg 12). Also, most yuri related stuff I see of BNA seems to ignore his existence. Obviously cause he's a guy, but is there also any sort of feelings between him in the show? I just want to know if it's yuri goggles, love triangle, "close friends", pseudo father/daughter, zero romance whatsoever, or what does the canon situation seem like?

There are a few subtexty scenes but overall romance plays no role in BNA at all. But based on those few subtexty scenes Michiru definitely has more romantic energy going with Nazuna than with Shirou, he and lil tanuki sit squarely in the "good friends and partners, that's it" corner.

Yeah fr, that seemed like the "obvious" ship at first but none romance developed between them at all then. Also, the yuri-energy between Michiru and Nazuna was REALLY something else

this shouldnt be a spoiler, but michiru is a high school student while the guy is an obviously older man. so yea, really just partners in crime!

Just wanted to say thanks for the responses, people! Much appreciated. Maybe I should finally give it a watch, now that I know I can keep my monkey, yuri brain under control.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

So, is it likely that these two could become a couple in canon? I only watched the trailer for the anime way back and it seemed like it was mostly about Michiru and the guy in the picture story here (pg 12). Also, most yuri related stuff I see of BNA seems to ignore his existence. Obviously cause he's a guy, but is there also any sort of feelings between him in the show? I just want to know if it's yuri goggles, love triangle, "close friends", pseudo father/daughter, zero romance whatsoever, or what does the canon situation seem like?

zanpakutoman
Image Comments 27 Nov 00:47
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I would've never thought Dynasty-Scans and RedLetterMedia had any overlap with their fanbases.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I definitely feel the ending is a little too open ended, to where I think there could totally be enough potential for some more chapters. But, I still feel like it's an appropriate conclusion. The coffee metaphors really says it all. Some people ask for bitter stuff, despite not liking the taste of it. Just like how every character who reacted to Kyouko drinking the coffee, we were all drawn into something we enjoyed at first but left us with a sad and empty feeling. I didn't like the conclusion, but it's fitting. The only thing that kind of pisses me off, too much to want to reread the story, is the mutual feelings between Kyouko and the big sis. They both like each other to the point where even the husband knows it, and they both seem to be aware of their feelings. But, the sister straight up rejects Kyouko and abandons her. I'm glad Kyouko sent those flowers. Remind that bitch how she messed up.

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Finally got around to catching up on this, after the first 2 chapters got uploaded together (currently updated to ch.9). I think my personal favorite is tomboy prince, cause I feel like she's the most rounded personality wise. Playful, but still loving. Assertive, but can still be a bit awkward. I'm kind of disappointed her affects wore off after a full week, so we don't know how much was potion and how much was her. I was hoping the twist was gonna be that the potion wore off in the middle of their sports marathon date and everything in the shower was honest. (Oh well) . But, I also like the best friend and MC as a couple, cause they make a likeable scummy duo. All the girls with chapters named after them have been great, romantic interests, except maybe sword umbrella butthole girl

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

It kind of sucks, for Kyouko, that she has 2 girls, who she cares about, madly in love with her. But, both of them ended up in relationships with guys before her. (At least, for now, as of Ch. 4?)

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Was half expecting bird and (.O O.) face cat to have a thing too.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED SERIES!!!

Agreed!