Forum › Posts by Konetsu

Konetsu
Lemonade discussion 21 Jan 00:36
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

It's only been seven chapters, guys. I say let the story flesh itself out and allow to tell a story. Sure there's no blatant yuri and feelings being expressed right now, but that's what build up is.

I'm not fond of Keita either, but this is middle school. All the boys are immature (/generalization) so it's not surprising. Annoying, yes, but not far from reality. It's also not very surprising that Maki likes him or that everyone talks about him. When I was in middle school, the quirky, loud and personal space poppers were popular, and a lot of the other kids talked about them.

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 12:36AM

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I've never really liked Gumi and Lily together (I prefer both with Miki for some reason), but this was adorable, it might have changed my mind!

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I don't know - originally I felt a lot of hostility for Meru, but after reading this chapter I just can't help but notice how adorable she is. ;A;

How dare Sacchan have a life not dedicated to her boyfriend that she ignores not one, but TWO of his phone calls? In one day? The nerve of her.

Boyfriend plz.

Although, I do hope nothing happens to her. D:

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Wait isn't this Center x Nezumi

I want to say that this is Center/Nezumi... Though Center doesn't really look like Center but I can't imagine anyone else but her.

It's definitely Center.

That said, this was really cute. :D

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I think Lifecharacter hit the nail on thhe head. At least I hope he's right.

I hope she wasnt saying "I still love [him]..." ... Swear to god, that NTR scent is all over the place.

Maybe she was saying: "[Despite what happened in the past] I still love [Ena]." Or at least, that's what I think. It'd be stupid to have her say she still loves her ex-boyfriend even though she knows he was cheating on her with another man.

Is it just me or were the panels in this chapter just... huge?

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Happy new year guys!

@csx:

Your argument was actually great, and I enjoyed reading it. I'll admit I was wrong. This actually has me thinking a lot more about the story, maybe a little too much, but it is. I say keep doing what you're doing.

@esn:

Damn. You've made me need to reread Kase-san yet again.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I usually post text-heavy paragraphs, but reading all this has me burnt out. I'll try, nonetheless. This is mainly going towards the general argument, but a huge portion is in response to csx's posts.

I don't see the issue with the "whole school is gay" thing; Fujiwara is a foreign (quarterly is what they said, right?), tall athlete who sticks out from the rest and is the most "manly" (like a prince, I guess? I can't explain it) - thus most girls admire her, because Fujiwara, on the surface, is like a man. This is also why Miu decided to use her, as she has already stated - she wants to be noticed and receive praise for "dating" the school's "boy."

Of course, just seeing a few girls go gaga over her is in no way saying the whole school is after her. You can't bring in ad populum just on the basis of, "well about nine girls went crazy about her, so the whole school must be."

As for their deal: Fujiwara gets a friend and the influx of confessions are off her shoulders; Miu get to experience love and being with a prince-ly "man." They both get something out of it along with a relationship in the future. How that's difficult to process is beyond me.

The confessions aren't taken seriously, likely because the girls DON'T KNOW HER. You wouldn't accept a confession from someone who knew nothing about you (and vice versa) other than your name and face, would you? Fujiwara most likely rejects and forgets because at the end of the day, why worry about someone who claims they love you yet doesn't know you? Just because they cry, that doesn't mean their love is as deep as they say it is. That's not bad writing, it's just being realistic. They also keep saying "boyfriend". This is a HUGE hint that they aren't in it out of genuine feelings, they just want to be with someone who best represents a boy in an all-girl's school; that person just happens to be Fujiwara. Miu, being the one closest to her, obviously should lose this thinking if and when she falls for her (if she hasn't already).

Kaede claims she's in love with Fujiwara, but again, she doesn't KNOW her nor does she think they could ever approach her for mere karaoke. So her asking Miu to break up with Fujiwara, as if she had a better chance, just makes me roll my eyes.

That said, I'm loving this manga. I would say more, but it's 4AM and way too early to be awake.

last edited at Dec 31, 2013 7:06AM

Konetsu
Cola Flavor discussion 29 Dec 01:14
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Yes! I've always wanted to read a NezuCenter doujin.

Tokoharu you did not disappoint.

Konetsu
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

dies from sugar overdose

Too sweet... it's just too sweet...

Konetsu
Renai Manga discussion 18 Oct 21:06
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Despite the long pauses between uploads, I'm really loving this series.

I wouldn't mind having a Sensei of my own. She's too adorable.

Konetsu
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

A series with a controlling imouto and a... female protagonist? What kind of conspiracy is this?

I will be following this no doubt. Although I felt it was a little rushed, it was still entertaining. Can't wait for more.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I usually dislike girls with glasses (I just don't find them attractive), but Tae-chan... just... gosh, Tae-chan is so moe. I literally squealed when Haru took her glasses off. JUST SO MOE.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm more frightened by those backgrounds than I am of the... "story."

Konetsu
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Woo hoo! Finally, some real yuri in anime and not just shoujo-ai comedies! (although I'm not complaining about either)

I certainly am. It gets a little annoying when I have to interpret what I'm seeing and then realize, that at the end of the day the yuri was only a joke.

I'm glad this is getting an anime. It's moe enough to catch attention, has cute stories, and it's frickin' yuri, man. I have a feeling this is going to be a very good anime. And with Akuma no Riddle coming soon as well, there's more hope for another [hopefully better] yuri era. :D

Konetsu
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I've been taking the small fairy as Miku (of course, due to twiin-ponytail) from the very beginning...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

I can't help but feel like this felt quite... well, rushed could be the word, but it felt a little scattered. Even though we're supposed to feel something for Yukko, I couldn't help but feel annoyed - since her anger for the trumpet came out of nowhere. There wasn't enough background information to connect or sympathize with her. We really only get a flashback of her younger self being praised and somehow it leads to her getting upset.

Other than that... it was good. That little fairy was so unexpected though - I had to read those first few pages a couple times to get that she was really THAT SMALL.

Konetsu
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I remember reading this last year, but stopped on chapter eight for no reason. Now that I've read it all, I slap my past self for being so dumb. This is the best manga I've read ever.

Anime. Nao. This would make the perfect SoL/Yuri anime. It's not too overloaded with the yuri, and doesn't shove it in your face.

But I don't see where all the hate is coming from. It's a little slow, but the title is called "Making Manga."... What did you expect? The reason the romance is taking so long is because their work keeps getting in the way. It sucks, but that's life. Not some angsty romance novel.

The art is beautiful! It's not "too anime", where everything is perfect and clean; it gives off a sense of realism. Especially since the two mains don't have exact styles of clothing or set personalities - instead of taking the generic route where Kawaguchi would have been the "boy" in the relationship and dominating Morishita when she can, she's very feminine and just like any other woman out there. I love that about her character.

And I don't mind Takeda as much as I did in the beginning. When she first appeared I hated her. I felt she was a terrible character who had no right to butt into their lives the way she did. But then you see this transition in her - she learns there's more to life than just work (and remember, she's YOUNGER than Morishita, who is 18). Takeda is a very well developed character but I think the author focused on her a little too much.

I still don't like Morishita's editor (I don't know remember name...). She just seems really selfish and bitter. Who is SHE to talk about Kawaguchi being older in their relationship when she's just as old if not even older??

Then there's Masato. At first I felt like he was a threat with the way he acted, but now he's a very likable character. The butt of the joke, but likable. I like how he doesn't hold any negative feelings for his sister just because she's dating Morishita; he accepts it but doesn't let go of his feelings. He's happy where he is and doesn't want to change that... well... maybe his choice in girls.

I hope Morishita and Kawaguchi get another chance for a date. Or just be around each other. Seeing them suffer and being held back by manga (damn you manga) just breaks my heart.

last edited at Sep 12, 2013 2:41AM

Konetsu
Anemone discussion 02 Sep 18:01
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Pages 7-15/half of 16 I was loving it. The art was cute and them cuddling like that (pg. 15/half of 16) was just so dlkfjsg;hn.

Then I read the other half of page 16 and I knew something weird was coming...

Then rape came around and I didn't know what to think anymore.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Should have read the damn tags more carefully. Wouldn't have touched this series with a ten foot pole if i saw the 'harem' tag before reading >.>

This. This. This. This. This. I'm so retarded and skipped over the het harem tags.

But I mean, I at least gave it a chance, and it's definitely entertaining I guess, based on the first few chapters... I'm waiting for an anime to be announced for this soon. It has nearly everything a new anime always has, just with a hint of... well... everything a new anime always has.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

The white powder was just wheat flour, it wasn't any sort of drug. xD

I don't understand the confusion, the characters might look the same but there's always some sort of distinct facial feature they have to recognize them; in this case, and with most of Shuninta's works, they ALL have something about them that makes it easy to distinguish who they are (like a crooked/fang tooth, glasses, a mole, or whatever). But with the giant cast so early in the manga, I can see why it's pretty hard remembering everyone so quickly.

That aside, I'm totally rooting for Fue/Maasa, maybe Fue/Ruki, Meru/Nobody, Sacchan/Different Boyfriend, REMI/RUKI, and Asuna/Nobody. I don't think I can really empathize with Asuna, since (if this is true, anyway) Meru was an ass with revealing her feelings about Fue, and Meru is meddling into a relationship that could be possibly making Asuna second guess being with Fue (I mean, I don't want them together, but still) so I don't really like her anyway and with how she thinks it's OKAY to meddle and make someone cheat makes me think she doesn't deserve anyone.

And I don't want Sacchan to be with Ruki because she is straight as far as we know; I don't like it when they depict men as some sort of evil creature and I'm getting that typical, "he's cheating and treats her like shit" vibe with her relationship.

Anyway, this chapter was pretty entertaining, and I can't wait to see what happens to them in the woods. WAIT. WHY would anyone bring heels when they knew they were going to a camp site thing?

last edited at Aug 16, 2013 11:12PM

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Why do these have to be so short...

I still loved it though! They're both just too cute. x3

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Oh man, I lost it at the last panel. xD

Konetsu
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I love this art style!

The story was too cute, I wish there was more. x3

Konetsu
Kase-san discussion 26 Jul 22:33
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Ya know... I just noticed.

Am I the only one who initially thought Kase-san was talking about herself here even though she wasn't? xD

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch06#3

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

Here's how I see the situation:

Mizuho probably confronted their parents about her sexuality (confusion) and was given a negative reaction; since she was pretty and nice and because everyone had a positive opinion about her, they didn't want this to tarnish her reputation. So she leaves without giving Kana a reason. Growing up with everyone being envious of and looking up to her, Mizuho probably felt like what they were seeing was fake; it's probably why she used to help out with everything and seemed perfect but now she's pretty much a slob, so they didn't actually like HER but her image. Once she left home to live alone she felt like she could be herself, which is why her room is a disaster the beginning of chapter 3.

She meets Ena at work and after a while she probably tells Mizuho of her sexuality as she confesses (because she always shows she's comfortable being with another woman), so Mizuho takes this as a chance to not only experiment and prove that she really might like women (which is why she gave an awkward laugh when Kana asks about boyfriends), but to be with someone who for once doesn't care about what or who she is, instead Ena loves her for being her, and they end up going out. However, Ena's constant coddling and doting on her manipulates her mind into believing that if she continues her attitude and lifestyle then Ena will continue to love her and will never leave her (and Ena can't anyway since she already tried and broke down); this would end the trauma she endured and she's happy. But that doesn't mean Ena is, so I can totally understand why she reacts the way she does at the end of chapter 3.

Now through the years that she talks to Kana, she feels comfortable enough with her to show her she has a girlfriend, but with all the suspicion going around about them, she starts thinking negatively of their relationship because of the ongoing hardships she has to go through. Kana is seemingly straight and is shown their intimacy very quickly without notice, so she is bound to act pretty much awkwardly when it randomly happens; this confuses Mizuho into thinking she might be homophobic, which is why she pretty much suspected Kana was uncomfortable with them being around after they stayed for a few days. I'm guessing the intimacy is Mizuho's way of saying, "I'm actually gay, look at us." Instead of doing it out of love for Ena, so she's pretty much forcing herself to love her since nobody else can (her lifestyle) or will (negative opinions about lesbians). Well, not so much forcing as she is convincing; she probably cares for Ena a lot, but not in that way.

Kana is pretty hard to crack, but I suspect she's that typical "main character thrown into a bizarre situation" to simply watch things as they play out while being the middle man and help the two mend their already breaking relationship.

Man that was long...

last edited at Jul 26, 2013 10:37PM

Konetsu
Kase-san discussion 08 Jul 00:19
Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

The look on Inoue's face, on page 23, just screams "A new challenger has appeared".

You realize this is a prequel, right?

She would be the first lol. Not the new one.

So would she be the "ex in the same club" they mentioned in earlier chapters? o:

I've reread this series... I don't know how many times, and I love it and squeal every time. Can't wait for the next chapter!