Forum › Posts by Artemiy

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

This never happened in the manga, Yura's no airsoft genius here, just a hard-working girl that tries her best but obviously isn't even close to the level of the almost military-trained team leaders.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Yeah, apparently the manga was cancelled while the anime was airing, likely due to poor sales and reception, so they just had to end it with the chapters remaining until they could close off another volume and that was it.

The 4koma's second volume was just outright cancelled along with the web version, so only half of the strips were ever printed (along with a few in the third manga volume to pad it out a bit). Well, at least Midori's still doing stuff, she's drawing Ninja Soccer now and I sure hope for some background cameos.

Lucamarte, the general opinion is that the anime went too far into the Darth Yura plotline which sort of made it "dark", though not really in a "grimdark" sense.

Commentator, the personalities were pretty much set in stone in the prequel manga already so they worked off that in this manga, but the anime went another way indeed.

Speaking of which, while it's a pain to scan the middle school volumes and hardly interesting to many (it's a weird 4koma + normal manga chapters format, too), there is that crossover with Anime Tenchou also hosted here that can give you a taste for the prequel despite being more silly than anything.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

No it doesn't, it has a little bit of drama here and there, but stuff gets resolved in a timely manner and everything actually works well in terms of the whole plot, there are a few satisfying chapters in that respect. There is no trip to the dark side here nor any mind-screw, for better or worse.

The manga is really pretty normal, not exceptional, but I think it's quite fun in its own respect.

last edited at Jul 30, 2014 6:27PM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

tl;dr this is essentially Gainax fanservice. They have close ties to Anime Tenchou and its creator and they were also responsible for both C3bu manga series so this is filled to the brim with throwbacks to Gainax-related things, using the 10th Anime Tenchou anniversary as the reason to make this crossover.

I was quite surprised to learn that the prize they are fighting for is an actual thing, too.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

This is probably my favorite one-shot of all time.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Awesomesauce, thanks, I'm parsing that and I'll get a chapter controller, downloader and viewer going.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

All right, thanks a lot, I'll get the core down then and then connect it to whatever is going to be available in the end.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Is it ok if I try my hand at an Android app that would just parse the site HTML to get the catalogue and images? Since there's no open API or anything...

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Any possibility of a JSON API? Or is that gone for good?